Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-11-2006, 12:51 PM   #31
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
no i never read UKfiesta Network.

Why would i ask someone if i should mod my car..if i want to do it i will.

i know an exhaust just gives you sound.....

not my fault you spent 800 and only got 4kw.....

if the dyno was saying that the ecu was restricking it at 6k then wouldnt a smart person get a chip and stop that, and maybee get a tune....

Not worth in the Eyes of you.....I see things differently and i want to have a try...

Money is something that you earn...why earn if your not going to spend it.....sure i like to have money in my bank...but i also like to spend it on things that i want to do and on my interests.

Because if you read it you would realise its not worth it.

I spent near 800 bucks and got about 4kw.... you want to spend a few thousand dollars? you might gain 5-6kw atw.
WOW a stock Tarago with four kids in the back will still beat you.

Is it really worth the waste of money? im simply trying to warn you... when you spend that money its Gone. You will probably then look back and think ''im a **** for spending that money''

Get a chip???? There are no chips available for our car. The only thing available is a piggy back computer. Then you would have to get a new throttle body.... and change everything so that it runs by cable instead of electronic throttle.

Then you need to pay for dyno time and tuning.

DUDE Tell me the results... and we will all probably laugh. And you will ask for your money back.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 12:59 PM   #32
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Because if you read it you would realise its not worth it.

I spent near 800 bucks and got about 4kw.... you want to spend a few thousand dollars? you might gain 5-6kw atw.
WOW a stock Tarago with four kids in the back will still beat you.

Is it really worth the waste of money? im simply trying to warn you... when you spend that money its Gone. You will probably then look back and think ''im a **** for spending that money''

Get a chip???? There are no chips available for our car. The only thing available is a piggy back computer. Then you would have to get a new throttle body.... and change everything so that it runs by cable instead of electronic throttle.

Then you need to pay for dyno time and tuning.

DUDE Tell me the results... and we will all probably laugh. And you will ask for your money back.
im sorry i dont have 30k to throw around and buy a new Polo GTI......

i sense something else, more underlying anger!!! lol.

Fine you have warned me about it....now get over it.....seems instead of really warning you are actualy tyring to tell ppl what not to do...

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 01:40 PM   #33
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

You can get piggy backs to adjust the ETC signal. I don't knwo why people are so scared of ETC but its a simple signal that is very easy to manipulate. Its is a very good system that has many advantages over cable throttle.

A catback is only for noise, not much to gain there. Its getting a properly tuned set of extractors that will gain back. As for intakes I have a very interesting article for people to read http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_0111/article.html . And your only gonna go backward if you keep adding muffler and resonators to an exhaust.

If people think they will get big gains with random bolt ons you have alot to learn about engines mods.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #34
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Mitch and Photn, can I suggest you pm each other, or swap email addresses or phone numbers or something, because frankly, you're boring everyone else with your bickering. There is an interesting discussion in there somewhere, but it gets lost in the personal attacks

(Now I will go and put on my flame suit)
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 03:02 PM   #35
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
Mitch and Photn, can I suggest you pm each other, or swap email addresses or phone numbers or something, because frankly, you're boring everyone else with your bickering. There is an interesting discussion in there somewhere, but it gets lost in the personal attacks

(Now I will go and put on my flame suit)
ive got the water.....im ready....i wont flame you... havent used the hammer and lighter for a while actually lol.....

okay okay i will stop..only constructive posts in this thread from now on..kk :

Old 10-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #36
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Heamophilia i found some interesting posts on the UKFN while i was searching as sujested by another member....

Quote:
a miltek 4-2-1
custom powerflow system with 200 cell sports cat and HEGO sensors mounted
pipercross viperx with the feed coming from the front grille

and after a 12.5 hours of sitting around in a small reception room i now have a dastek unichip mapped and fitted to my car

so finally the results...
i now have 120.8bhp @ 6223rpm
and 120.2lbf.ft @ 4572rpm

and thats without cams.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #37
Haemophiliac

yeah i been looking at it all and i can't really see the sense in spending money on the cams.

even for a set of customs is gonna be around the same as importing those other ones. I'll prolly go with the manifold and leave it for a bit.

Unichip would probably be a good idea for this car, but its xpensive. *sigh*

Question tho for someone i bit more knowledgable than me... If i dont bother with a hiflow cat am i just creating a choking point and negating the extractors?

Because the guy who did my cat back said that its really not worth it in a small car like that... prehaps he meant without extractors
Haemophiliac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 07:45 PM   #38
joshf2
striped

mitch, did you actually dyno you car before and after the exhaust????

and sean, you need to stfu cause youre dribbling all over your keyboard again.
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:11 PM   #39
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
mitch, did you actually dyno you car before and after the exhaust????

and sean, you need to stfu cause youre dribbling all over your keyboard again.
dribbling is good...gets rid of the slobber around my mouth....

btw im confused at what part im dribbling about...i thought all my post where justified....

please point me in the right direction.....thank you josh...

Old 10-11-2006, 09:11 PM   #40
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

Tuneing a NA machine is allways expensive , u gotta love NA cars to do it , photn i like the way u think , just do it man , if u wanna mod it , go for it as the fez has one of the best small motors , guss thats why they use them in formula fords now .

P.S Fiesta would kill a GTi on the tougue anway

In development stage 2

Carnt wait for the day ,NA all the way ,9000rpm with the top down
RichieMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #41
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

800 for a cat back , RIP OFF

In development stage 2

Old 10-11-2006, 10:05 PM   #42
zing

Personally if i had the money id just save it and buy an ST when(if?) its released.
I think the 1.6 Fiesta is fine the way it is, excellent chassis, great dynamics, capable engine. If u really wanted to mod, you should have bought a turbo car or proven tuned n/a cars.

anyway back to studying exams for me :
Old 10-11-2006, 10:29 PM   #43
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieMK6
Tuneing a NA machine is allways expensive , u gotta love NA cars to do it , photn i like the way u think , just do it man , if u wanna mod it , go for it as the fez has one of the best small motors , guss thats why they use them in formula fords now .

P.S Fiesta would kill a GTi on the tougue anway
tuning a N/A motor is not always expensive. think ford/holden 302/204 motors. they've had the development. theyre cheap as chips to get more power out of.

the problem with the fiesta motor is that it doesnt have any type of variable valve timing (VVT). although VVT is not the final solution to all problems, it is essentially a critical part of small motors making big power.

if you go down the path of a small N/A motor without VVT, you need revs. and tuning a non-VVT motor for 8k+ revs means a pretty lumpy cam. so you lose tractibility down low. and then you end up with a motor which needs to be kept on the boil for any kind of usability. and thats just fantastic for a daily driver.

as for formula fords, i rest my case with the above statement. they have close ratio gears for track use. and i guarantee the only component they have in common with 1.6L fiesta's is the block.
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #44
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
tuning a N/A motor is not always expensive. think ford/holden 302/204 motors. they've had the development. theyre cheap as chips to get more power out of.

the problem with the fiesta motor is that it doesnt have any type of variable valve timing (VVT). although VVT is not the final solution to all problems, it is essentially a critical part of small motors making big power.

if you go down the path of a small N/A motor without VVT, you need revs. and tuning a non-VVT motor for 8k+ revs means a pretty lumpy cam. so you lose tractibility down low. and then you end up with a motor which needs to be kept on the boil for any kind of usability. and thats just fantastic for a daily driver.

as for formula fords, i rest my case with the above statement. they have close ratio gears for track use. and i guarantee the only component they have in common with 1.6L fiesta's is the block.
from what i have heard. to gain VVT in our engine you require new heads froma 1.6ltr engine.....if thats the case then the 1.6ltr Focus engine from the UK with VVT should fit.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #45
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieMK6
800 for a cat back , RIP OFF
No i think he meant "total of $800 of mods", not just the cat-back exhaust system.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 11:23 PM   #46
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Guys sorry to say it.. but cams wont do sh1t for our little 1.6.

Unless you trash the electronic throttle and get a piggy back no mods will do anything.

As confirmed on the dyno. Pressure sensors they placed confirmed that at 6,000 rpm the ecu starts closing the throttle body.

No point modding the 1.6. unless your going to turbocharge it
Cams won't do anything? Right....

One of the most effective engine modifications there is... ahem.

Anything the ECU does that's unsatisfactory can be overriden. And besides, if you want to build a killer engine (any engine), you'd probably ditch the factory computer anyway.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 01:26 AM   #47
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Formula Fords use production engines that are identical to ours appart from exhuast, induction and ECU mods. They arn't high power engines as they put out 125hp @ 7000rpm.

As Josh said if you going after loads of power you WILL loose driveability down. You can't escape it. If you are very keen you could try retro fitting the 1.6l Ti-VCT head onto our engine.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #48
Steffo
LPG > You

Oh.. if I do keep the Fez long-term, I'm probably going to be going for 160hp+ N/A. And I will get it if I go for it.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #49
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Oh.. if I do keep the Fez long-term, I'm probably going to be going for 160hp+ N/A. And I will get it if I go for it.
great minds think alike...... i like your mentality.....dont accept defeat and do what you want to do!.....but thats true what you have said previously...the ECU is only a computer.....and it can be changed....

Old 11-11-2006, 11:18 PM   #50
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

NA rule

In development stage 2

Old 11-11-2006, 11:20 PM   #51
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

Stroker kit will fix the down low power problem