Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #31
xr8gal

as for the problems, i really cant name them right now? i only drive the car...

once i speak to the dealer shortly, i will ask for the list of probs and post when available...

i only know that this prob at the mo is with cyclinder 8 and Ford have STILL not got back to my dealer to authorise the work... they want MORE info.. this makes it a week the car has been there with nothing done yet... my mechanic has called them, he can only do his best, its not his fault...

but, yeah... i will find out the probs we've had and get back to ya on those..
xr8gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #32
xr8gal

nah, im a border dweller just in vic it: :
Old 22-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #33
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Heard anything from CRC yet?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 03:55 PM   #34
xr8gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
Heard anything from CRC yet?
i rang them, was put on hold, asked if i wanted my case manager (CM) to call back, i said nah, i will wait, kept coming back, askin if i still wanted to wait, i was like, yeah no probs....

came back and told me he had interrupted my CM and the CM was still on this other call and was then going to lunch and would call be back after that...

so im waiting yet again.... :
Old 22-08-2006, 04:00 PM   #35
xr8gal

actually, im gonna go offline now and call my CM's manager and see if i get anywhere... i dunno whether they would put me thur to that Frank or whatever the guys name that was mentioned in an earlier post?

will give it anutha go now and see where i get...
Old 22-08-2006, 04:02 PM   #36
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8gal
i rang them, was put on hold, asked if i wanted my case manager (CM) to call back, i said nah, i will wait, kept coming back, askin if i still wanted to wait, i was like, yeah no probs....

came back and told me he had interrupted my CM and the CM was still on this other call and was then going to lunch and would call be back after that...

so im waiting yet again.... :
Really that is not good enough, you were told that you would get a call in the morning and before this person calls you they decide to go to lunch, even though you are on hold and waiting. Probably the best thing to dod is to go to this persons manager and have a friendly chat as you mentioned. Hope it all ends well for you.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 04:02 PM   #37
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATFORD
Ummm what a drama......unfortunately these are mass produced cars....and probable cost Ford around $8000-12000 (parts supplied from the cheapest supplier and built by the cheapest labour....not a good mix is it) to make each car....and unfortunately some lemons get through the cracks....it looks like you have got one.....best thing to do is as soon as you get it back trade it....trade it fast.....and maybe try again...but if your so disheartened try another brand.....but they are all the same....there all massive company's and they can cover the odd disgruntled customer!!!

I feel sorry for you....I couldnt imagine how frustrating this process is!!!

NO NEED FOR THIS :togo:

Never a truer word written!
All new cars come with a Duty to repair warranty for a reason......they are man made, yes they can and will break down/play up.
Ford dont have to replace the car, they just have to fix whatever goes wrong with it for the life of the warranty.
I would say you un knowingly bought one of the imfamous "Friday" cars and as a result have a dodgy car that was slapped together before knock off.

Imagine buying the current Commodore with bolts flown in from god knows where, from god knows what application.
History shows a lot of manufacturers release dodgy cars.
Early Commodores were recalled for cracks in the floorpan under the front seats.
I dont think Holden replaced the car, only welded them with stronger parts.
Imagine that, new car, cracked floor, then you would be spitting.

Good luck with it, but as has been said, dont hold your breath waiting for miracles!
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 04:09 PM   #38
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sorry to hear of your problems, the only course of action is to keep being firm but polite and wait for the system to sort itself out. I had my BA off the road for two weeks until last friday week due to a blown rear brake hose. You would think that that would be an easy fix but the wrong part kept arriving in the box. Eventually they got the correct part ordered and fixed it in a day but not until I had had a rental car for 2 weeks.
No amount of jumping up and down would make a difference to the fix time and would have only got the dealer offside. Go into town and get the baby seat fittings etc and set them up in the AU so you at least aren't too inconvenienced and settle in until it is fixed to your satisfaction.
Regards,
Tote
Old 22-08-2006, 04:57 PM   #39
xr8gal

OK.. got thru to my CM, he rang the DP (dealer principal) to request a suitable car to take travelling... DP wont be back until tomorra but the guy in charge MAY get back to the CM today...

also spoke to the salesman who is going to put this to the DM tomorra... he knows me well and knows i am not just after an updated car... is aware of my concerns and will see what he can do...

as for the CMs manager, he is the 1 that rattled my cage in the 1st place... so nah, i wont deal with him!!!

im feeling a bit better now that im on the case and just following it thru... hopefully, SHOULD have some idea tomorra of where its all heading now that its all in the pipeline and the request for replacement has been lodged...

thanks for everyones input... i dont feel so alone in feeling dissatisfied and upset with a dodgy motor...
Old 22-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #40
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

XR8gal,

Just one thing i need to clarify?

They have said they are going to try and process a request for a new car?

Cheers.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #41
xr8gal

now that ive dealt with all the phone calls... im gonna go do this housework before hubby gets home...

its amazing how much all this fiasco has affected my ability to even do my normal everyday things... its totally consumed me and i HATE that feeling!!!

im feeling better now that ive spoken to who ive needed toin orderto get the ball rolling...

thanks everyone for babysitting me while i was in a state!!!

catch ya's later on...
Old 22-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #42
xr8gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
XR8gal,

Just one thing i need to clarify?

They have said they are going to try and process a request for a new car?

Cheers.
my salesman has never had to deal with it before and is unsure of the process but imagine it would be very consuming... he is waiting for the DP to return tomorra and discuss it with him...

it then goes to the Area Manager and they discuss the case...
Old 22-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #43
xr8gal

like the salesman said... this could be viewed as an easy opportunity to get an updated model...

considering he knows me well, he knows this is not the case... im guessing it really comes down to the DP and the Area Manager?
Old 22-08-2006, 05:20 PM   #44
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yeh,

I just went through the same thing starting July 2005 with one of our company vehicles which at the time we had four. I spoke to the Dealer Principle, Ford CRC, The Sales Manager, The regional Rep From Ford, the service Manager and alot of others within the organisation. The particular car had a faulty motor from factory, Ford acknowledged this yet would not confirm how they would go about fixing it. After many telephone conversations and meetings at the dealership I never got a new car out of them even when the car in question was only 9000 kms old / 7 months. I did however in Jan this year get a new motor for the car, but my point is to get a new car out of Ford its really got to be unrepairable. I am a tough cookie to deal with and I pushed as hard as i could for the car to be replaced, not backing down at all. It even got to the stage where one day I rang Ford CRC and asked them for a delivery address for the old car as I was ready to load it on a truck and send it back to Melbourne.

I understand your frustration, but I seriously wouldnt get your hopes high on getting a new car out of them, at best they will fix the problems with the car / replace the motor. For them to replace your car would mean they were setting a standard for others which then would cause alot of issues for them.

Keeping working on them, but as I say don't get your hopes up because I very much doub't they will replace the car unless they have changed their proceedures considerably in the last 8 months. They wouldnt for me and the car in question was only 7 months old, costing them stuff all change over, but for you the change over on anther car at retail would be $25,000 +.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 22-08-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old 22-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #45
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry, what was the exact prob with the car? Running on 7 cylinders or something. I got concerned about the relaibility of my XR8 after reading some of the posts on this forum. But was then told about the reliability testing FPV undertook with the boss powerplant. i.e. 300hrs straight at big revs.

If it helps your confidence any, I've had a BA XR8 for some time now and its been the best trouble free car I've ever owned. A new donk or the one you've got fixed up and everything should be tip top.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #46
xr8gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBarrel
Sorry, what was the exact prob with the car? Running on 7 cylinders or something. I got concerned about the relaibility of my XR8 after reading some of the posts on this forum. But was then told about the reliability testing FPV undertook with the boss powerplant. i.e. 300hrs straight at big revs.

If it helps your confidence any, I've had a BA XR8 for some time now and its been the best trouble free car I've ever owned. A new donk or the one you've got fixed up and everything should be tip top.
Yeah, the latest problem is that it's running on 7 cyclinders... diagnosed as problem with cylinder 8 but unable to tell me exactly what the problem as yet... they are still waiting for pre-approval to start work on it... the car has been there for a week today and almost certainly wont be back before next tuesday either...

my bro's guess was a valve but i havent had this confirmed yet altho i DO know that the earlier series had lifter probs... whatever it is, its in that general area anyway...
Old 22-08-2006, 08:13 PM   #47
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sure ford will honour their obligation. I've even heard of FPV supplying a new motor for a car that was just out of waranty. You'll have your car back up and running, it just might take a bit of time.

From what I've heard Ford tend to take a bit of time analysing the fault in order to determine the cause wasn't from abuse. Maybe sending hubby down for a few quiet words with the dealer would help get you a temporary car. In my experience people aren't to quick to give me the run around in person. Good luck.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 08:14 PM   #48
punkin
having time of her life!

When we had problems with our last F6 (which thankfully has been replaced), it was the dealer who came to bat for us with regards to replacement (and put up nearly all the money to do so). I also think they were getting sick of having to organise a ford replacement car for us each time the F6 went in for repairs.

Before the replacement happened, I had lost total faith in the vehicle, to the point I refused to drive it and I got in it under duress. I'm now still a bit wary when in our new F6, just because in the back of my mind I remember the problems we had with our last F6. I am getting better in the F6, I'm doing a bit more daring driving, wish I had back my full confidence as I would have kicked some butt at the skidpan on the weekend.

Good luck with it all. Please don't do the whole female thing and cry to get your own way, it does nothing for your credibility.

1963 Chev Impala | Black | 2 door : <- Angel
Mazda 2 | Turbo (custom) | Spicy Orange <- punkin
punkin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 08:55 PM   #49
xr8gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBarrel
I'm sure ford will honour their obligation. I've even heard of FPV supplying a new motor for a car that was just out of waranty. You'll have your car back up and running, it just might take a bit of time.

From what I've heard Ford tend to take a bit of time analysing the fault in order to determine the cause wasn't from abuse. Maybe sending hubby down for a few quiet words with the dealer would help get you a temporary car. In my experience people aren't to quick to give me the run around in person. Good luck.
I do have a courtesy car, just need to collect the kiddies restraints from my car... i wanna go and finish the holiday we were having when car trouble struck.. so i need a different courtesy car... looks like their shoudnt be problem tho... i hope

as for having my car up and running, i dont want it.... i dont feel confident in driving it far from home... i dont feel prepared to drive it cos im sick of it returning to the workshop every cupla months... i have NO faith in this car whatsoever anymore yet i LOVE it..
Old 22-08-2006, 09:06 PM   #50
xr8gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin
When we had problems with our last F6 (which thankfully has been replaced), it was the dealer who came to bat for us with regards to replacement (and put up nearly all the money to do so). I also think they were getting sick of having to organise a ford replacement car for us each time the F6 went in for repairs.

Before the replacement happened, I had lost total faith in the vehicle, to the point I refused to drive it and I got in it under duress. I'm now still a bit wary when in our new F6, just because in the back of my mind I remember the problems we had with our last F6. I am getting better in the F6, I'm doing a bit more daring driving, wish I had back my full confidence as I would have kicked some butt at the skidpan on the weekend.

Good luck with it all. Please don't do the whole female thing and cry to get your own way, it does nothing for your credibility.
punkin... this is EXACTLY how i feel about my car... i HAVE lost TOTAL faith and even IF they DO replace the car, it will still take me a good while to feel confident in driving again...

as for the crying thing.. nah mate... i dont do that stuff.. i just stand up for what i believe is right and pursue it to the very end... like i said in an earlier post.... assertiveness without aggression will get you a lot further...

my salesman knows i am genuine and honest and add that to the simple fact that this car is faulty, he KNOWS i have lost faith in my beloved girl...

i dont need to cry for him... i DID warn him that if worse comes to worst, i will just drive the car thru the shop front!!!! :eclipsee_ :Up_to_som
Old 22-08-2006, 10:22 PM   #51
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
punkin... this is EXACTLY how i feel about my car... i HAVE lost TOTAL faith and even IF they DO replace the car, it will still take me a good while to feel confident in driving again...

as for the crying thing.. nah mate... i dont do that stuff.. i just stand up for what i believe is right and pursue it to the very end... like i said in an earlier post.... assertiveness without aggression will get you a lot further...

my salesman knows i am genuine and honest and add that to the simple fact that this car is faulty, he KNOWS i have lost faith in my beloved girl...

i dont need to cry for him... i DID warn him that if worse comes to worst, i will just drive the car thru the shop front!!!! :eclipsee_ :Up_to_som
So what is wrong with the car, to lose confidence with a car must mean its about to blow up...

What does it do wrong, in your words doesnt need to be techinical? I am sure Ford can fix the car without replacing it, which is what they will do in the end neways. Your only other option is to trade it in and lose a ****load of money. I still think your best alternative is to work on getting the car repaired, our which got a new motor in January this year has been great ever since, the dealer did a great transplant an certainly took care of making sure we got the car we paid for. I think if you work with them that they can surely get you a new motor and resolve your engine worries for good.

Cheers.
Old 23-08-2006, 12:22 AM   #52
xr8gal

i dont know that its about to blow up, its just that it continually has problems...

i meant to ask for the list of probs when i spoke to them today but got sidetracked...

will definitely make sure i do that tomorra tho..

i dont feel any confidence in the car whatsoever... its too unreliable...
Old 23-08-2006, 12:47 AM   #53
RATT

Quote:
I've been reading this thread with interest and still like others, unsure what the actual problem is??

Why would the salesman have any doubts about how genuine you are if there really is a "problem" that has made you lose faith?

Don't mean to offend but surely someone would have briefed you on what is going on. The thread is 3 pages long staying at the top of the most used part of this forum, with no definate issue. Once again sorry if I have missed something, but saying the car continually has problems without being specific has me questioning the purpose of this thread.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 01:09 AM   #54
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
I've been reading this thread with interest and still like others, unsure what the actual problem is??

Why would the salesman have any doubts about how genuine you are if there really is a "problem" that has made you lose faith?

Don't mean to offend but surely someone would have briefed you on what is going on. The thread is 3 pages long staying at the top of the most used part of this forum, with no definate issue. Once again sorry if I have missed something, but saying the car continually has problems without being specific has me questioning the purpose of this thread.
They're the words I was looking for!!
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 08:58 AM   #55
xr8gal

The whole purpose of this thread was to ask if any others had gone thru the process of requesting a replacement car and if so, what were the procedures or could they give me any advice on what my rights as a consumer etc..

I thought i would have a better chance of getting info from members in here which i did get a few good pointers and i was appreciative of that.

I am not engine savvy and dont remember exactly all the problems and forgot to ask when i spoke to them yesterday as i was dealing with other matters eg car for travelling etc..

I was feeling mega depressed about the whole situation and thought this would be the place to find some tips in how to handle the whole drama. Once i got onto the right track and started the process of requesting a refund/replacement, i felt heaps better and was happy to leave it at that.

The thread got a bit off course as to my original question, but i guess it kept getting bumped thru questions being asked and me responding...

Like i said, things are rolling at present, and i really do appreciate everyones input, but im happy to leave it at that.

I was actually amazed at the level of response. This is the only thread i have ever started and to me, it was important to try and find direction as to how to go about what i had to do.

In saying all that, i am extremely grateful for the assistance that has been offered and i am happy to leave it at that and let this thread head to the back page!!

Thanks once again, everyone!
Old 23-08-2006, 09:16 AM   #56
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The whole purpose of this thread was to ask if any others had gone thru the process of requesting a replacement car and if so, what were the procedures or could they give me any advice on what my rights as a consumer etc..

I thought i would have a better chance of getting info from members in here which i did get a few good pointers and i was appreciative of that.

I am not engine savvy and dont remember exactly all the problems and forgot to ask when i spoke to them yesterday as i was dealing with other matters eg car for travelling etc..

I was feeling mega depressed about the whole situation and thought this would be the place to find some tips in how to handle the whole drama. Once i got onto the right track and started the process of requesting a refund/replacement, i felt heaps better and was happy to leave it at that.

The thread got a bit off course as to my original question, but i guess it kept getting bumped thru questions being asked and me responding...

Like i said, things are rolling at present, and i really do appreciate everyones input, but im happy to leave it at that.

I was actually amazed at the level of response. This is the only thread i have ever started and to me, it was important to try and find direction as to how to go about what i had to do.

In saying all that, i am extremely grateful for the assistance that has been offered and i am happy to leave it at that and let this thread head to the back page!!

I keep telling you they wont replace the car or give you refund, no matter how far you go.

Its a simple matter of you sitting down with them and getting them to resolve the issues with your current car, and im sure they will do that providing you give them ago.

I am also glad to see they gave you a loan car, you made out in your earlier posts that they hadnt given you anything and that you were stranded, which is a bit unfair considering they had actually given you a loaner even though it didnt have the baby seat mounts fitted to it.

As i say, focus more on getting your old car fixed then getting a new one, as theres 0 chance of them actually giving you a new one.
Old 23-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #57
RATT

Quote:

Fair enough there is a problem as you keep saying, BUT. What I am questioning is in your 36 posts you have made since being a member, 28 are in reference to this problem you don't seem to know about!

In an enthusiasts forum we want to know what it is that's the problem before we can give advice. There is no point for anyone here to advise you to go take the dealer to the cleaners etc if we do not know the severity of this "problem". Wouldn't you agree?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post