Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #31
3vXT

Even at my wildest most alcohol fueled teenage years one carton was about the limit for an outing and i wouldn't be able to look, smell or think about beer for a week after. I used to put away 12 to 18 comfortably, and i was a pretty big (120+kgs), boozy lout. On the rare occasions that i did drink an entire carton or more, i wouldn't be able to watch or comprehend any kind of race/sporting event/anything.
I'm sure there are lots of people that can drink more than me, i don't think it really matters though, 24 beers a day is more than enough to get into trouble with. I think it shouldn't really bother people that much but some bogans take it as a kick in the ego (not to mention bloody unaustralian) to be told that they can't take 10 cartons of beer in.
IMO, a more visible police presence in the problem areas at the race (with riot/storm trooper cops not to far away if things got out of hand) would be more useful than those type of restrictions.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #32
eb706674

Agree to disagree. Too many regulations. Watch the race from the bottom of the mountain if you don't like it. 24 cans is not as much as people make out. 24 cans over 18 hours (6 hours would be sleeping ) would not make most people that drunk. People like you and I get 60% of the track, they get their 40%. Don't assume people are so called drug f*cked or take shots at their dunnydores.

I dare you to go up to the hill and mouth off like that.

People should be able to do whatever they like as long as it doesn't affect others. People like us are affecting them by sticking our noses in where they aren't needed. Maybe I will see you at the bottom of the mountain this year...
eb706674 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2008, 06:21 PM   #33
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb706674
Agree to disagree. Too many regulations. Watch the race from the bottom of the mountain if you don't like it.
Why should people have to avoid the idiots at the top of the mountain?? :
Its a public place and event, people should be able to roam freely without fear of harassment where ever they like at the circuit, allot of good places to view from at the top.
Quote:
24 cans is not as much as people make out. 24 cans over 18 hours (6 hours would be sleeping ) would not make most people that drunk.
Are you for real? 24 cans over 18 hrs would leave most people paralytic....
Quote:

People should be able to do whatever they like as long as it doesn't affect others. People like us are affecting them by sticking our noses in where they aren't needed. Maybe I will see you at the bottom of the mountain this year...
Im tipping you'll be found at the top of the mountain with your daily slab..

Old 08-09-2008, 06:24 PM   #34
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i wouldn't go up there with all the drunken tools and 24 cans is considered dangerous drinking thats not mouthing off thats stating facts australia seems to be a nation that belives you have the right to be a drunken moron at the expense of normal people. anyone who thinks 24 cans in 1 day is not enough has a serious problem and needs professional help

It's time this country stoped catering to drunks and left public events to sane sensible people who don't need to drink to excess to have fun. there is no place at a race track for drunken fools stay at home and watch it if you wabt to get drunk

Quote:
Agree to disagree. Too many regulations. Watch the race from the bottom of the mountain if you don't like it. 24 cans is not as much as people make out. 24 cans over 18 hours (6 hours would be sleeping ) would not make most people that drunk. People like you and I get 60% of the track, they get their 40%. Don't assume people are so called drug f*cked or take shots at their dunnydores.

I dare you to go up to the hill and mouth off like that.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #35
eb706674

Stop missing the point. If you don't like it don't go up there. Stop telling others what they can and can't do. You blokes are all good safe in front of your computer behind your desks saying how everyone else should behave. Go up there and tell them yourselves.

Listen to yourselves, this country should do this... People should do that... Sounds like you should sell your Falcon and go buy yourself a Pergeot or a Yaris mate.

And no I won't be on the hill. I will camp in town where the pubs are.
eb706674 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #36
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Good idea i think!, as said, if you need to drink that much a day you have issues!!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #37
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Stop missing the point. If you don't like it don't go up there. Stop telling others what they can and can't do. You blokes are all good safe in front of your computer behind your desks saying how everyone else should behave. Go up there and tell them yourselves.

Listen to yourselves, this country should do this... People should do that... Sounds like you should sell your Falcon and go buy yourself a Pergeot or a Yaris mate.

I think you're missing the point, people should be able to roam where ever they like on the circuit without issue, end of story.
If the behaviour of people at the top prohibits or offends normal regular race fans then the offenders should be removed or controlled.
If people want to drink themselves into a mess and act in an anti social manor they deserve ejection and should just stay home where thay can drink as much as they like and do what ever they like in the privacey of their own home...
Not only does this kind of behaviour give motorsport a bad image, but it tarnishes motorsport fans and car enthusiasts in general...

Old 08-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #38
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And we hope you stay there unless you are sober, then like anyone else who isn't, you aren't welcome.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #39
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:

Your an idiot.

you say "Stop telling others what they can and can't do" then "If you don't like it don't go up there"

Who telling who, sounds like you telling people what to do.

"But that's okay drunk people can't help that.
A chemical reaction inside your brain causes you to forget what you're saying." (Mike Skinner, lyrical genius)

Seriously, the officals are looking out for every one, you can have you carton of beer a day, and you save money! if you drink all that and need more, go to a beer drinking contest, or head over to a mates house with all your cartons.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2008, 07:40 PM   #40
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow What a joke this turned out to be from me trying to say that going down the moutain every day for a week just to get a slab of beer has turned into a experts view on how many beers it takes to get you into a coma well i bet half of you wouldnt have even tried.
And to say that up the top of the mountain is dangerous , i think some of you need to get out more.
Going down the street at night or day for that matter is more dangerous i mean its only as dangerous as you want it to be,as for drinking 24 cans in a 12 hour period is a crime and will put you in a coma is bulls#%t thats only 1 can every 30mins for all the professiors out there, try it you might surprise yourself .
Buy the way im not saying i set out to do this ill just get that in before everyone starts juding me (getting the flame suit ready )if any of you went up there and wandered around the camp sites socializing i think you would be shocked in what it really is like and you might god forgive enjoy yourself .
Now ill try to direct this subject to who do you think will win i think frosty might be the one this year .
Can i take my flame suit off yet ? :
XWildGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #41
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wouldn't know ? right! i'm an alcoholic 8 years sober and i was one of those drunken idiots in the 80s. i now work as a drug and alcohol connsellor and see on a daily basis how harmful this legal drug is. i see far more harm done by alcohol than heroin ice and pot combined the only difference is the government says we can use this drug so who is it that know nothing ? it might be the person so dependant that he can't watch a car race without drugs
Quote:
Originally Posted by XWildGT
Wow What a joke this turned out to be from me trying to say that going down the moutain every day for a week just to get a slab of beer has turned into a experts view on how many beers it takes to get you into a coma well i bet half of you wouldnt have even tried.
And to say that up the top of the mountain is dangerous , i think some of you need to get out more.
Going down the street at night or day for that matter is more dangerous i mean its only as dangerous as you want it to be,as for drinking 24 cans in a 12 hour period is a crime and will put you in a coma is bulls#%t thats only 1 can every 30mins for all the professiors out there, try it you might surprise yourself .
Buy the way im not saying i set out to do this ill just get that in before everyone starts juding me (getting the flame suit ready )if any of you went up there and wandered around the camp sites socializing i think you would be shocked in what it really is like and you might god forgive enjoy yourself .
Now ill try to direct this subject to who do you think will win i think frosty might be the one this year .
Can i take my flame suit off yet ? :

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Rides:

Old 08-09-2008, 08:09 PM   #42
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
wouldn't know ? right! i'm an alcoholic 8 years sober and i was one of those drunken idiots in the 80s. i now work as a drug and alcohol connsellor and see on a daily basis how harmful this legal drug is. i see far more harm done by alcohol than heroin ice and pot combined the only difference is the government says we can use this drug so who is it that know nothing ? it might be the person so dependant that he can't watch a car race without drugs
Wow this really is getting blown out of proportion now i dont think ill say anymore here this is getting a bit silly now
Old 08-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #43
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Wow this really is getting blown out of proportion now
well you started with the what do you know i just put it in perspective belive me i do know and it's not pretty

Rides:

Old 08-09-2008, 08:13 PM   #44
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

i havnt read this whole thread but i'll put my 2 cents in anyway. ive been going to the mountain every year since i was 15 with my uncle or step father. we usually camp at reid, i shall share my experiences as i believe some of have no idea what goes on up there. one night at the bull ring there was a bloke with his mums volvo doing dohnuts for about 4 minutes. he cooked the engine and then the usual suspects yelled out "BURN", it was then that usual flock of fellas ran to pierce the fuel tank and burn the car.
One night a fella had this massive firework in a wheelbarrow, he was going around trying to get donations and once he got to $600 he said he would set it off. anyway long story short he let it off and after about thirty seconds some bloke (drunk as a skunk) ran and picked it up and used it to fire at people, it was the funniest thing ive ever seen, people running for cover everywhere.
we had a whole heap of young fellas with new holden utes in our campsite two years ago. One of blokes thought he would go and do a few skids one night and took off flat out, leaving all his mates utes covered in stone chips.
then theres the old dunny roll parachute, one night one landed in the top of a gum tree and nearly burnt the whole mountain down. also one of the first times i was there some larrakin got a chainsaw out and decided he would chop gumtrees down that night.

Now my point is in the five times ive been to bathurst and camped at reid not ONE person has ever complained about what goes on. It is a known fact that if you go up there you go at your own risk. i go up there to have fun and enjoy myself, last year was a joke. there were so many police there is was stupid. as for a slab a day, im not trying to talk it up here but a slab a day is not allot to some people. i know plenty of people that can drink a slab a day and not be paraletic, drunk yes but not paraletic. so many people jump on the bandwagon and say this and that, bathurst is a ritual and it is ruined. (puts flame suit on)
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2008, 08:14 PM   #45
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
well you started with the what do you know i just put it in perspective belive me i do know and it's not pretty
what you think i was only talking about you
Old 08-09-2008, 08:20 PM   #46
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and it's ok to act like this ??? so if we form a community that doesn't object to street racing burnouts and drink driving it's ok if no one complains? the behaviour described here is dangerous and criminal and should not be tollerated if the behaviour is that bad maybe there should be no acohol up there then the drunken idiots will stay away this is a car race and there is no room for drinken criminal scum bags. drive them all out and more families will attend and make it a better event
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
i havnt read this whole thread but i'll put my 2 cents in anyway. ive been going to the mountain every year since i was 15 with my uncle or step father. we usually camp at reid, i shall share my experiences as i believe some of have no idea what goes on up there. one night at the bull ring there was a bloke with his mums volvo doing dohnuts for about 4 minutes. he cooked the engine and then the usual suspects yelled out "BURN", it was then that usual flock of fellas ran to pierce the fuel tank and burn the car.
One night a fella had this massive firework in a wheelbarrow, he was going around trying to get donations and once he got to $600 he said he would set it off. anyway long story short he let it off and after about thirty seconds some bloke (drunk as a skunk) ran and picked it up and used it to fire at people, it was the funniest thing ive ever seen, people running for cover everywhere.
we had a whole heap of young fellas with new holden utes in our campsite two years ago. One of blokes thought he would go and do a few skids one night and took off flat out, leaving all his mates utes covered in stone chips.
then theres the old dunny roll parachute, one night one landed in the top of a gum tree and nearly burnt the whole mountain down. also one of the first times i was there some larrakin got a chainsaw out and decided he would chop gumtrees down that night.

Now my point is in the five times ive been to bathurst and camped at reid not ONE person has ever complained about what goes on. It is a known fact that if you go up there you go at your own risk. i go up there to have fun and enjoy myself, last year was a joke. there were so many police there is was stupid. as for a slab a day, im not trying to talk it up here but a slab a day is not allot to some people. i know plenty of people that can drink a slab a day and not be paraletic, drunk yes but not paraletic. so many people jump on the bandwagon and say this and that, bathurst is a ritual and it is ruined. (puts flame suit on)

Rides:

Old 08-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #47
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any way put all that aside isint today the day that brocky died 8/9
Old 08-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #48
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR_AUII
And Blueprint.... remember a zero alcohol limit for you - and random tests can (and sometimes are) done.
:togo:
No problems there mate might have a beer or 2 on sat night... but due to our early starts, the drinks will be minimum and sleep will be lots :P
Old 08-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #49
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My god some people need to get off there high horse.
If a man chooses to drink that is his choice.
Pure and simple. If you are addicted to something stand up and
take responsibility for your actions. I myself am an addict.
(not goin to say to wat on here) 9 years clean.
I accept that fact everyday. Great you have been off the grog
for 8years well done. But for FFS get over it already and let
people make their own choices the same as you made yours.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #50
3vXT

Quote:
...as for drinking 24 cans in a 12 hour period is a crime and will put you in a coma is bulls#%t thats only 1 can every 30mins for all the professiors out there, try it you might surprise yourself .
Have you tried it? Why dont you get started now and let us know how its going in 8 hours
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #51
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

I think if I drank 12 cans of heavy beer in a 12 hour period I'd be asleep for the next 36 hours..........
Old 08-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #52
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
Have you tried it? Why dont you get started now and let us know how its going in 8 hours
I think he's constantly at the 8th hr!!

Nobody's saying don't drink, but it just amazes me how many people cant watch the damn race without getting blind and mucking up.
Bathurst would be a bigger and better event if it was more family friendly up on the Mt...

Old 08-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #53
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if they want to do it at home thats fine but to get drunk and cause trouble at a public event thats different .the post above outlines the criminal behaviour that is common and that is clearly not acceptable. they are not baning grog there just imposing a generous limit . if people want to drink more than 24 cans ( about 35 standard drinks depending on strength) they should stay home and do it not impose their behaviour on others .

well done on your 9 years BTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GHIA

Rides:

Old 08-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #54
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I think he's constantly at the 8th hr!!

Nobody's saying don't drink, but it just amazes me how many people cant watch the damn race without getting blind and mucking up.
Bathurst would be a bigger and better event if it was more family friendly up on the Mt...
So would all V8SC events, i won't be going to bathurst untill the event is dried out a bit..

Seriously nothing against people who are into getting blind and not realising there is a race going on, but there should be family friendly dry zones at every event.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2008, 09:27 PM   #55
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
So would all V8SC events, i won't be going to bathurst untill the event is dried out a bit..

Seriously nothing against people who are into getting blind and not realising there is a race going on, but there should be family friendly dry zones at every event.
Yep, having worked for a Team for the past 12 months i can tell you the drunks get very annoying.... and motoracing is a family sport for the participants, its just a shame that you need to be in corporate/restricted areas to avoid the drongo's...
For the the general public it must be very hard to spend time with the family and enjoy your motorsport while bad behaviour from drunks exists.
I can only think that crowd attendances would rise significantly if it was cleaned up a bit and made more family friendly.
The race fans who enjoy a drink can still do so, just keep it civilised....

Old 08-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #56
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

This is unreal, the attitude from the hill is we want to drink awesome amounts of alcohol and act like morons. We want to be able to do burn outs and donuts, burn cars, cut down trees and abuse normal people. All this and we want to be able to do this without any control and those that don't like it should keep away and stay in their own section. Now the Hill People are getting upset because the police and organisers are saying yes you can still drink copious amounts of alcohol. We are going to give you a generous limit in order to promote a little order on the hill and allow normal people the opportunity to experience the spectacle of the V8's through the elbow and across skyline. Now the hill is upset because they can not drink enough beer that when they wake up the next day they are still over the legal limit to drive and get more.

Get over it Hill People! A slab is heaps for the day, more than that and you are not there to watch a race, you are there to act the fool and stop normal people from enjoying the great race. The limit is reasonable and I am sure that those on the Hill would want to make it work, because there is no doubt that if it doesn't, the limit will decrease over the next few years.

Who are the Hill People to say that I may not go up to the top to watch the race, unless I don't mind putting with their anti-social behaviour. Obviously my entry to the grounds is not worth as much as theirs.

If the Hill People don't like it, stay at home and set a beer drinking record. I will go up to the hill and get some great shots of the V8's doing battle on one of the greatest race tracks in the world. Rather than being stuck down on conrod and the chase where we are 300m away from the cars and get to see them for 4 seconds over a large distance. Just so we can see the race without my family having to endure the spectacle of the drunken yobbo’s. My other half would love to go up to the top one year and I would love to take her up there, but we can’t at the moment.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:55 AM   #57
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Don't get me wrong here. I don't condone their behavior in most ways but I like to look at it from both sides. This race has been a p*ssup and an annual ritual to these people for the last 45 years and all of a sudden a bunch of do-gooders who wouldn't know the difference between a Falcon or a Commodore if it weren't for the big stickers on the windscreen saw there behavior on the news. It reminds me of schoolies week up here, they only film one incident and put it on national TV and everyone burrs up. These people look forward to a big party where they could drink around like minded people. I can understand why they would have the sh/ts up. There is at least 60% of the track (eg. The chase, pit straight and the bottom of mountain straight ) which is family orientated where people won't stand for their sh/t. Watch the race from there like I do. If you go up to Reid or McPhillamy then be prepared to see drunk campers doing what they have for over four decades.

What I'm getting at is I wouldn't like it if I went camping, drinking and listening to loud music somewhere all my life in a place where it had never been an issue and all of a sudden Mr and Missus Stickuptheirarse come along and p/ss and moan about it.

Thanks for listening to my opinion as I did yours.
I see your point, but its not so much them getten on the cans its the behaivour that results thats the problem, the donuts loosing control and enterign the camping ground, the dunny rolls soked in kerro and tossed in to the crowd at night the fishys up the dirt road through the tents and so on I think a case is plenty over 24 hrs if you dont like it take some non drinking buddys and drink there share

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2008, 07:30 AM   #58
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Just ban it all together for a year, then see how good it is to be allowed to bring in a case!- most other sporting events dont allow any BYO.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #59
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GHIA
Your rights end where mine begin. It is your choice to drink, but as soon as you hurt other people you can very quickly lose that choice.
Bad Bird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #60
FGXR69

Default Camping

Hi all, Can I just throw my bit in here. I along with a group of mates from all over Australia have been going to Bathurst for quite a few years now. We camp down at Max Cameron from Wednesday thru to Monday. I travel from Adelaide and will definitely feel it this year with current fuel prices so I applaude that I won't have to hand over my hard earned for a plastic cup of froth covered in dust..... I agree that getting rid of the louts has to be done in order to make this event family friendly. last year was a bit heavy handed in my opinion. I felt it was a bit of money grabbing on the sponsors part but also believe it was done in accordance with the legislation (ie no byo). Having said that I want to be able to arrive at our campground on wednesday and not have to touch my car again until I leave on the Monday. Do I drink, hell yeh..., its an annual reunion for us all (most of which are navy Gulf Veterans), so we are going to drink. Do I want to drive into town after a big night, certainly not. So I appreciate that I can now take into the campground what I want for the duration. Do I intend to take 24 cans in to the event each day...., certainly not. But, over the course of the day, sun up to sun down, I possibly will consume close to 24cans.... And I will, like every year I am there, enjoy and remember every piece of on and off track entertainment.
Does this make me a bad person, I'll leave that up to you to decide but it won't stop me from going and enjoying what I and thousands of others do annually, attend the greatest motor racing event in the world with family and great friends.....
FGXR69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post