Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-07-2007, 08:05 AM   #31
SHIFTN
CL&JW BATHURST CHAMPS!

They are better than the number plates which you have to be a codebreaker to decifer

-SHIFTN
SHIFTN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 08:35 AM   #32
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFTN
They are better than the number plates which you have to be a codebreaker to decifer

-SHIFTN
Agreed, we have an annoying family living at the end of our street, nobody knows how they managed to get there but, we are all thinking of pitching in together and ordering the sons replacement plates LEBCNT.
We think it would better represent who he is and what he does.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 08:43 AM   #33
SHIFTN
CL&JW BATHURST CHAMPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Agreed, we have an annoying family living at the end of our street, nobody knows how they managed to get there but, we are all thinking of pitching in together and ordering the sons replacement plates LEBCNT.
We think it would better represent who he is and what he does.
Haha would they allow it though?

EDIT: Vicroads will allow it and they are selling for $395
Old 28-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #34
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza750
even worse is the 2nv plates on cars
theres a hyundai excel near my place dead stck with the number plate AXL2NV i crack up laughing every time i see it
Mate of mine had NVSNOW on his 2.8L VH commo. Funny thing was everyone who looked at the plates thought it was meant to read NV SNOW.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #35
SHIFTN
CL&JW BATHURST CHAMPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3ts50
Mate of mine had NVSNOW on his 2.8L VH commo. Funny thing was everyone who looked at the plates thought it was meant to read NV SNOW.
I thought the same thing lol

-SHIFTN
Old 28-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #36
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

I am sure none of you would want to drive my vehicle since it is sooo obviously labelled as a girls car.

My car is MY CAR and I get so sick of the useless comments - Is that your boyfriends car? Geez how lucky are you that HE lets you drive it. Even with the plates and the sticker I still get some bright sparks asking me why I am driving my boyfriends car.... Sigh... _

There are a lot of Girls and for that matter WOMEN who are into their cars and wish to personalise and I think that is great and should be ecouraged. Fact of the matter is I probably know a hell of a lot more about cars then some of the fellas on this forum.

And as for my partner driving my car - he doesn't have a problem with it all. If anyone dim wit asks him why he is driving HER UTE then he simply answers - because HIS FPV is at home. Tends to shut people up pretty quickly.

Cheers, Tori
Old 28-07-2007, 11:09 AM   #37
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza750
even worse is the 2nv plates on cars
theres a hyundai excel near my place dead stck with the number plate AXL2NV i crack up laughing every time i see it
yeah they seem to be popping up everywhere too
and there is one around here in a VL that says URJELOS (not sure of the exact way he has spelt it)

OH and then there are all the holdens out there with thte refereal to BT1
i dont really think having an ex cop car is that big a deal

Narelle
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 11:45 AM   #38
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I have custom plates, but nothing gender specific.
Even in my XD I used to get asked why I was driving my boyfriend's/brother's/father's/someone else's car.
I usually just laughed and walked away, or got in the car and drove off.

The BA doesn't look like a "girls" car either. No floral stickers, no pink/cartoon seat covers or things hanging from the rear view mirror. (I have friends guilty of all of the above)
And it doesn't have a cutesy name like "chuggy", "chuggette" or "emilio" (all real examples).
I speak of mine by it's plate and everyone I know, knows it as the same.
If it gets looks, or a friendly honk of the horn, then I know it's because it's a nice, well looked after car, not because I'm "advertising".

My favourite story to tell was the time I had to drop Dad off to a job and then get away from the area quickly (violent picket line, NOT a bank robbery), and the throttle cable pulled out of the grommet in the accelerator a few hundred metres down the street.
I got the car into a driveway, but there was a truck wanting to get out, so I rolled it down into the yard in front.
Turned out to be a diesel mechanic's workshop, and the truck driver told me there were 12 mechanic's having a smoko that would be more than willing to help.
They came out of the shed and stood at the doorway with their coffes in hand, and did nothing. No offers of help.
So I pulled out my own well equiped toolbox and set about fixing it, while they stood there sniggering.
About 15 minutes later the boss walked over and told me in a patronising way that I was obviously going to need help with that.
By then I'd already finished and was packing up, so I just smiled, got back in the car, and with all the mechanics watching, backed out of the driveway and floored it up the street.

I hope they choked on their coffee.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 11:55 AM   #39
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like the Hden ute with the whips, roobar and B&S stickers 'Cowgrl' pink skirts and highlights, spottie covers - noones gonna call her 'little lady' or she'll walk up and down their spine in her RMs and stomp a bit

Seriously it's great to see everybody personalising their own rides, making them more their own
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 12:06 PM   #40
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I find it quiet funny when were out and someone approaches us and starts talking to my wonderful OH about his car, Is it a real one, whats been done to it etc. ........

Love their faces when he simply says 'I dont know its not my car I know nothing about it ..... its HERS.... better ask her, someone who knows'. Nothing better than watch them try to back pedal and shake their head.

Only a few are willing to chat after that, Im sure most of the girls here have had the same sort of thing happen.

I have toyed with the idea of getting a personalised plate but still havent decided as yet ....... just something basic like MY 94 ED or something...... keep the real sleeper appearance to her ;)
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #41
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have personalised plate on our car. They are nothing that state the gender of the driver as neither my wife or I consider that either one is better than the other and have nothing to prove. To be totally honest, SHE purchased them for ME as a ten year wedding anniversary present as she knows what the vehicle, which SHE suggested we purchase, means to me. To US, the purchase of this vehicle from the showroom floor almost 5 year ago meant a level of achievement.
They are, like my wife, unique. And on the vehicle mean something and hopefully add value in time to come.
They simply read : TS50.

As for her, she is happy to wear her diamond rings and still drive the car when she wants.

Last edited by J.C.; 28-07-2007 at 12:30 PM.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 12:36 PM   #42
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-ENVI
Has anyone else noticed the amount of chicks making a point of a car being theirs?
Maybe it's because the majority of society thinks or expect that a tough car or a car that has mods, is owned by a male. I think as far as most are concerned, females only drive little cars. I guess personalised plates or stickers referring to "herself" lets people know that it's owned by a female and that its not the husbands/boyfriends/male partners car.

My own personal reasons for getting my plates (FRDGAL) was so that people knew it was a girls car, simple. I'm proud to be a female that mods & races her car and my plates and stickers show that. I didn't want people to look at my car and say "must be her man's car".

But I will say that some females go overboard. Pink seat covers, pink discs, pink plates, pink this and pink that! The only pink on my car is the Chick Torque Drag Racing sticker and that's it. I do like pink but I also know where not to put it LOL. Simple & subtle works well. Overboard is just crazy! :togo:
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #43
ltd
Force Fed Fords

A classic that I have seen is a rather attractive blonde driving a white BMW 318 with the number plate BARBIE

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #44
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed the amount of chicks making a point of a car being theirs?
for example stickers/rego plates that say some of the following:

MISS VY
Little Miss Caprice
MS STAT0
HERGMH

and sorry Jo
FRDCHK

etc etc

and many others that i cannot think of right now

what is with this???

Bit hard to miss hey

schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 02:22 PM   #45
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

got a chick at work with a VZ SS sedan (black) with girlie stickers on it, reason being everyone says its her dads lol.. Sounds way better then my car to, its tough!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #46
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
That rear wing is so hideous it's laughable. :togo:

I think the numberplate thing was unfairly pointed in womens direction, it applies to anybody with stupid custom plates. Like on The Chaser when they had the '****erplates' part, it was a perfect summary. Any of those stupid mobile phone like abbreviations, HOT or somewhere etc...

The one other thing I don't like is PINK. Pink does not belong in/on cars at all, it's hideous. The amount of white commodores driving around here with pink plates and seat covers is enough to make you legally insane. I know people can do what they want with their cars, but come on... At least have some taste.
Old 28-07-2007, 05:08 PM   #47
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

what is with this???

My cars states its "MELSXB" because it is MY XB, i'm quite happy to state that... I'm all for personalisation of a car, if you want to say its yours go for it, I don't see the issue with it. It just goes to show there are more and more females taking an interest in their cars, and proving they're not just for boys!!
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #48
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Has anybody seen the Chaser episode where he dresses up as a parking cop and fines people for having "****er numberplates"

If you want a personal numberplate go for your life I reckon just don't fork out too much I have seen numberplates going for 50 grand in the paper :
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #49
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Mate's GF has JETGRL on her Lancer

When he drives it he has all these young punks and dirty old men speed up to take a look at who is driving..............
ha ha OWNED

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #50
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Every woman driving an SUV or luxury car (Beamer, Merc etc.) should have CNTDRV as their number plate.Or how about FKNCOW. They run over my feet all the time at pedestrians crossings and don't give way when I'm on the road.

Blokes who drive like hoons should have SMLCOC as theirs.

I also think placing your birthyear as your plate as a little sad, and I see it too often.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 04:52 PM   #51
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
A classic that I have seen is a rather attractive blonde driving a white BMW 318 with the number plate BARBIE
I saw one just like that the other day - she even tried to drag me :. Was a P plater too...
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 08:34 PM   #52
digitalpunk

A girl at work has BL00ND numberplates on her Lancer. She was so proud of it and recently she had an accident, boy did it give the guys some ammunition. I also used to see a VN ute on my way to work, it used to be in the middle of Sydney and this thing stuck out due to its massive bullbar, mudflaps all the way across the back that you normally see in the country, gigantic towbar with a 'If you can read this sticker then the Ford has fallen off' or 'Attach Ford here' sticker directly above it, then in the back window she had a sticker that said 'Bundy Babe'. She wasn't a babe.
digitalpunk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 08:55 PM   #53
Jesk
certified nutter

I used to get "got your GFs car?" all the time with my first car, 3cylinder suzuki, plus being a big boofy country bloke didn't help that sentiment, though my GF at the time was v8 mad, me i still dont see the point in a v8.
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 09:22 PM   #54
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

One of my mates lives in the same apartment building as Ashley from Big brother from a couple of years ago, the ditzy brunette.

She put a pink rear spoiler on her lancer that she won when getting out of the house.
Also has the obligitory pink seat covers and stickers, topped off with the plates: BBEVICTEE.
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 10:00 PM   #55
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesk
I used to get "got your GFs car?" all the time with my first car, 3cylinder suzuki, plus being a big boofy country bloke didn't help that sentiment, though my GF at the time was v8 mad, me i still dont see the point in a v8.
LOL my cousin has one (along with an XY and a EB wagon), though its pretty shagged and I don't think it runs anymore. He's pretty damn tall too, buggered if I know how he managed to be comfortable in it.

What's with chicks and buying bloody fartarse hatchbacks? If I had the dough I'd get my partner a volvo to get about in (apparently Falcons are too big/bogan for her to drive). Judging by how a large percentage of young (and middle aged) females drive their car, I'd say safety would be fairly important. I reckon there's a lot of females out there who are essentially hoons and if I had a dollar for every idiot young girl in a hatchback going flying past me doing 20-30 km/h over the limit in a place where I wouldn't (and I have a leadfoot)...
Old 29-07-2007, 10:50 PM   #56
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

[/QUOTE]
I saw this thing on saturday while I was having lunch and allmost threw up..!!! :
Old 29-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #57
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I have seen 2 literally identical Blueprint AU XRs around my area ... Numberplates are "HIS" and "HERS"
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 11:02 PM   #58
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanst
I saw this thing on saturday while I was having lunch and allmost threw up..!!! :
yep, missvy is a pretty tragic lookin car
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2007, 08:51 AM   #59
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I saw a classic on Saturday night; BORING. It was attached to an 88-90 white Toyota Camry driven by a guy with an obvious sense of humour.
On the flip side of the coin we have total tools like the guy who lives near wollongong with the number plate "MRJISM". The guy driving it was fat, balding, ugly and obviously not employed by any banks that deal with this material. Maybe he was averting to his proclivities ie, what he likes?

Oh, and MISS VY is one dumb, ugly son of a . Why you would do that shows a serious serotonin imbalance. Stupid cow probably thinks it looks good.

Quote: