The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 09:30 PM   #31
dom_105
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEaaron
Well that's one way to park
That's what you get when you go in front first. Shoulda reversed it in.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:31 PM   #32
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
I still have a huge soft spot for this particular AU series vehicle, and i would not mind it keeping my F6 company in the same garage, especially in that color!!
Buy mine Rob. Its not a T-Series, V8 or even the right colour. But it can drive under its own power.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:33 PM   #33
GTP290

well with some of the car wrecks ive seen being sold on ebay, i cant see why it couldnt be rebuilt
Old 10-12-2007, 09:36 PM   #34
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Your second last line in your post REALLY gets me going mate!
How can you come to the conclusion that this bloke didn't "deserve" this car, i have heard it a fair bit lately when people are referring to a vehicle that has been written off that most bottom feeders can't afford, be it a T series, FPV, HSV.
Who knows, maybe he did deserve it, and he drove it like it was designed to be, but obviously couldn't keep her under control in that situation.

Most likely, He had a couple too many ales and drove it into a tree, that still doesn't mean he didn't deserve to have the car!

Sorry to blow my top, but it had to be said.

I still have a huge soft spot for this particular AU series vehicle, and i would not mind it keeping my F6 company in the same garage, especially in that color!!
You can call me a bottom feeder when i buy it off the bloke and sell the parts for a nice profit (i'd call that smart business actually) until then get over it..If it was a genuine accident, meaning he wasn't drinking, wasn't his fault AND had the right insurance for it, then i wouldn't have said he didn't deserve it. Seriously who owns THAT and doesn't insure it. That alone says to me that he doesn't deserve it, without mentioning the drink driving part.

So mate, your high horse is calling, don't fall off
Old 10-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #35
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats just said, they should bring back the death penalty for cases such as this.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:41 PM   #36
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Belonged to my brother in law- dealing with this ourselves right now.........
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 10-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #37
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Buy mine Rob. Its not a T-Series, V8 or even the right colour. But it can drive under its own power.

Is it really for sale?! still :
Old 10-12-2007, 09:44 PM   #38
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Is it really for sale?! still :
If the price is right :
Old 10-12-2007, 09:45 PM   #39
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
Belonged to my brother in law- dealing with this ourselves right now.........
All is ok with your brother in law. Came out ok?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #40
sfr rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
You can call me a bottom feeder when i buy it off the bloke and sell the parts for a nice profit (i'd call that smart business actually) until then get over it..If it was a genuine accident, meaning he wasn't drinking, wasn't his fault AND had the right insurance for it, then i wouldn't have said he didn't deserve it. Seriously who owns THAT and doesn't insure it. That alone says to me that he doesn't deserve it, without mentioning the drink driving part.

what high horse? Don't you mean my trojan horse?!

I wasn't trying to offend you directly, it was more of an observation, and generalisation regarding the issue I have with the word, "Deserve" that gets thrown about with these kinds of subjects.

I am guessing many of you will be eating your words right now, it's fine to pay out on a bloke that has screwed his pride and joy that you don't know, then to find out the car is owned by someone related to a forum user :.

Jim, you have done well to hold back mate! :
Old 10-12-2007, 09:49 PM   #41
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
All is ok with your brother in law. Came out ok?
Few small injuries I believe- most of all wounded pride I would suggest.

Look, to be honest I don't know the exact circumstances of what happened so I would appreciate less speculation and assumption as I said, our family are dealing with this ourselves right now.

A shame, no question and don't think we aren't harbouring some anger over this whole thing ourselves..........

Me especially.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 10-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #42
sfr rob

Quote:
If the price is right :

You know what i am thinking, BF Xr6 turbo full transplant, come on Dwayne!!!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #43
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad to hear is all is well. Good luck Jamie. Hope it all works out
Old 10-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #44
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You know what i am thinking, BF Xr6 turbo full transplant, come on Dwayne!!!!!
I had entertained that thought myself. But with all that power that my car has never had, it's bound to fall apart.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #45
FTGAutosalvage
Commercial Sponsor

Quote:

I have some nice cars that i drive without insurance. does this mean i dont deserve them??? I can afford to fix them if they get damaged . How do you know this guy cant afford to fix this. He may be onto it allready to get it repaired. I think comments like "he doesnt deserve it" should be left to people who know the situation ,not just speculate.

with that said.

hope it ends up at auction
Old 10-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #46
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I reckon I know where you might be able to get a slightly crimpled version pretty cheap! :
Old 10-12-2007, 09:59 PM   #47
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTGAutosalvage
I have some nice cars that i drive without insurance. does this mean i dont deserve them??? I can afford to fix them if they get damaged . How do you know this guy cant afford to fix this. He may be onto it allready to get it repaired. I think comments like "he doesnt deserve it" should be left to people who know the situation ,not just speculate.

with that said.

hope it ends up at auction
Well it's a choice one must make i suppose, i do find it ironic that someone who makes a living out of other peoples accidents and mistakes whilst driving would take insurance so lightly?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #48
Tickford Kid
Formerly known as TS 50

I'd say the driver/owner would be kicking the shti out of himself more then anyone could on here.
God help him if he's married.
BLUEPRINT T3 TS50 #109, MANUAL WITH BREMBOS
Old 10-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #49
sfr rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiginmackay
I reckon I know where you might be able to get a slightly crimpled version pretty cheap! :
hahahaha, thats just low mate! It has to be fixable, it doesn't look "that" bad... really.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #50
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Well it's a choice one must make i suppose, i do find it ironic that someone who makes a living out of other peoples accidents and mistakes whilst driving would take insurance so lightly?
Why would he insure, it's cheaper for him to repair things himself. Wreckers yard remember.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 10-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #51
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Shame, but i guess that what happen when you being silly.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #52
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Why would he insure, it's cheaper for him to repair things himself. Wreckers yard remember.

LOL good point.

Seriously though it is a sad loss of a great car and i hope the driver is ok, that would shake you up pretty badly i imagine. Also I'm sorry to hear its someone related to a member here on the forum, i had no intention for it to be a public humiliation for him.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:04 PM   #53
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Ohh

That reminds me the first tree I had a tender relationship with all those years ago..
Old 10-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #54
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Ohh

That reminds me the first tree I had a tender relationship with all those years ago..

Agonis flexuosa - WA Peppermint tree

...for the record :
Old 10-12-2007, 10:07 PM   #55
T3-STROKER
AU.OUTLAW

thats two in one week.a T1 was trashed in the hunter valley Oh dear all right sad to see.have pics will try to get them on this week.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:12 PM   #56
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
LOL good point.

Seriously though it is a sad loss of a great car and i hope the driver is ok, that would shake you up pretty badly i imagine. Also I'm sorry to hear its someone related to a member here on the forum, i had no intention for it to be a public humiliation for him.
I'm embarrassed yes, but don't wory about it mate.

It's not my fault and he needs to be accountable for his actions. For the record I'm disappointed in him, without even knowing the full story, but as I said I won't comment until I know what happened.

Everything up to this point has been speculation from a biased source (given the accident was outside his house), whether it's true or not. Until then, I will just see how this unfolds.......

Keep on going with how truly shattering the loss of one of Ford's greatest cars really is- he needs to understand.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 10-12-2007, 10:13 PM   #57
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

I certainly won't question the background circumstances, very unfortunate ending. However I will say how lucky the driver was in not getting killed or killing or injuring another person.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:14 PM   #58
Bosman
T Series Club Member No24

That sent a chill down my spine! Same color and all ! Luckily for this kid , life goes on.

Someone said repairable ? That thing is forked!

FTe Venom T3TE50 No229 5.6L Manual Don't drive one! Because like so many others , including ME , you will become TOTALLY addicted.

2016 Harley Davidson Softail Heritage customized.
Dead set gorgeous!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:24 PM   #59
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosman
That sent a chill down my spine! Same color and all ! Luckily for this kid , life goes on.

Someone said repairable ? That thing is forked!
Depends on the damage to the subframe. My old car was repair & it had more damage than that & it it was a far better car all round after the rebuild.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #60
Abacus
Life's a Gas

How many red ones are left now?
Closed Thread