Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-11-2008, 10:05 PM   #31
sk8xr8
sliding by you...

gday guys, i hafta say, ive just read all of these comments, im hopefully joining the police force soon, maybe if we're lucky things will change to make it harder for these knucle heads to get a licence.... after all, its a privelidge, not a right.
sk8xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 10:52 PM   #32
MadMaximus

Best one I have ever seen was coming upto the round about in Boronia and wanted to go right and you can go right from the left hand lane.
Well some bird in a Tarago was flying down and must have thought I was turning left but then realised and slammed on her brakes.
She had a 3yo, I reckon, standing on the centre console and the poor little bugger smashed into the dash and bottom of the windscreen so hard. Hope she learnt from that.
We almost stopped to see if he was ok but drove off instead.
I should have got her rego and dobbed her into the cops.
MadMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2008, 11:50 PM   #33
InTrail

Having lived in 3 states of Aus, I think the gene pool for inept drivers flows freely.

However, after living in Cairns for nearly 2 years, 1 big difference I've observed up here is the frequency of reckless, impatient drivers in commercial vehicles. Not just taxis and generic white courier vans, but small business vehicles with their company name sign written for all to see.
Clearly their employees don't give a toss as to what image they're projecting.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:51 PM   #34
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
Does a truck deliberately trying to run you off the road count as a 'bone headed driving incident'?
I was in a mates lancer on the freeway when this Truck comes flying up behind us with the high-beems on and starts tailgating. He then pulls up next to us, and swerves into our lane pushing us onto the shoulder.
We brake get back onto the road behind him, and he brakes and locks up the front wheels, so we brake and swerve to avoid going up the back of him, and then drop it back a few gears and punch it past on his left hand side, we get in line with him again and he swerves into us again pushing us onto the median strip.
We eventually get past him and fang it up the freeway as fast as his Lancer will let us and the truck just keeps following.

Gotta love Sydney, I can think of millions of stupid driving incidents.
I had something similar happen to me driving my new XC back from melbourne. I'd decided to drive over to pick it up then return the same day. Going over was uneventful, coming back however.

We(Myself in the XC and Tick5.0 in my Fairlane) were in what would have been our 17th hour of driving after a 2 hour delay in the westgate tunnel of crawling doom and torment. I look into my rear view to see some inbred cowboy trucker 1 inch off the back of the fairlane with his highbeams on. 60 seconds of this doesnt yield the result he was wanting, which was for us to exceed the speed limit while fatigued on melbourne cup long weekend(what kind of retard would do this is beyond me)

So, said superhero decided to pull into the overtaking lane intended for the oncoming lane and pass us both, at about 4kmh closing speed(Intense genius wasted on the trucking industry). I cant see where the road goes as XC lowbeam isnt exactly brilliant and, its ****ing with rain, so I am assuming he has the room for this most daring maneuver(My mistake)

I didnt see the oncoming traffic as by this point truck is halfway up beside me, tick5.0 behind me could see them and what was about to happen, and thankfully backed off.

Said retard now decides to pull into the side of me, running me off the road in full lock, and oncoming traffic off the road, missing us all by inches.

Well uncle bastard was feeling a little saucey after this, and decided to pick up the old UHF and have some choice words to the genius. Despite his insistence that he would kick my ar se, and my continued requests for him to pause his journey so I could show him how to kill someone properly, he neglected to stop so I could end his life in a gruesome violent loud and profane manner.

Unfortunately didnt get his plate, and he didnt have his company logo on the back of the Bdouble. I checked out every truck stop and park from Ballarat to Adelaide but he didnt show up again. Mores the pity.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #35
Trek
Blue blooded

My most memorable would have to be a common one, driving through a car park, some turkey didn't want to give way turning a corner (while the stream of traffic was 3-4 cars long, I brake suddenly and JUST miss t-boning him. Then when I tried to leave the car park, some bimbo obviously couldn't read (it was packed in the opposite direction, right to the entrance/exit), where it has in huge, bold letters 'KEEP CLEAR', she decided to push her way in and sit on the keep clear area. I had to brake again, immediately, missing her by 2 cm's.

People seem to think they're immune from everything, hey.
Trek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2008, 04:17 PM   #36
hannem

Was getting juice one day from a servo and notice a small pizza delivery car putting air in the tyres, the air station is right over to the side of the forecourt.

I am nearly done when I hear this thing fire up with a massive rev and then tear off with a nice tyre shreek at a million miles an hour and zooms right past the main pedestrian doors of the servo and then onto the main road with more lunatic driving.

The poor bird from the car next to me had just finished paying in the shop and nearly got run over by this absolute tool. She walked back to her car looking very distressed (rightly so) I said to her that I was going to go down to the pizza shop and pay my friend a visit.

The pizza car had been professionally signwriting all over it and I knew exactly where the shop was.

Get to the shop and the car is there and walk inside and speak to the dude behind the counter who is the owner. I tell him that I am going to rip the head off the young bloke who just had the car at the servo before he kills members of the public or more importantly me or my family.

I can see some very scared eyes looking at me from down the back off the shop from behind some equipment. I loudly ask him to come to out the front so I can try to run him down just like he tried to do minutes before.

Very luckily for him his boss was of strong character and was able to calm me down a bit, I could tell me was very ****ed at the his young employees actions in the business car and he assured me he would deal with it.

I do believe the young bloke might have been feeling very sorry for himself soon after I left.

Goddamn freaking idiot he was.
hannem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2008, 07:30 PM   #37
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WOW. That opening post takes the cake.

I'm cruising down the hume last year on the way to Melbourne, driving a new Hilux 4.0 V6 and towing a tandem trailer with a rally car on the back. Out west of Gundagai, IIRC, the Hume turns into two lane stuff with RARE overtaking lane opportunities. So I end up behind some dude doing 85 and holding me up from making decent time. An nice long stretch of road looms ahead in the distance, so i back off to get a run-up. Get the luxxy hammerin along to make a clean pass. No worries I reckon, as i pass the car, then check the mirror to make sure I get the trailer passed him before i merge back.
Well low and behold, here comes the sod, going quicker than me and undoing my move, speeding back up beside me while im still in the right hand lane, and fast running out of straight. With oncoming cars now round the bend ahead. FAAAAAARKKK.
So on the picks and swerve the thing back in behind the wombat. Back up to speed and the is back to his original pace. Then the indicator comes on and he turns of into a property!!!!
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #38
gz1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8xr8
gday guys, i hafta say, ive just read all of these comments, im hopefully joining the police force soon, maybe if we're lucky things will change to make it harder for these knucle heads to get a licence.... after all, its a privelidge, not a right.
Not a chance in hell. Do you realize how much revenue would be lost if they did toughen up the license test?.
gz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2008, 02:42 AM   #39
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

I have plenty of stories but I'll just throw them up as it comes along. I see it daily.

A couple of quick ones.

Every day on the metropolitan ring road, some idiot decides to swerve 3 lanes in heavy traffic (I'm still trying to work out how these people dont collect a car).

Today was in a bit of traffic going to Doncaster when theis guy in a small car decides to do a u-turn on the medium strip...that stupid but the medium strip was a bit high for the car and he ended up getting the thing stuck blocking my lane and the lane on the other side. Reving the crap out of the car he starts cause smoke (hey prob the first time a mirage has done a burnout without the use of maccas trays). Trying and trying...then the traffic starts coming from the other side luckily he got traction in reverse and was in the same position as before....but looked like a bigger tool.

The one that I cant believe and have never seen ever before or after was one afternoon when I was coming home from work on the metro ring rd (near Edgars Rd exit). I got on from the hume fwy entrance lik ethis truck driver did and moments before he almost swiped a VP Calais. But as soon as he got on the metro ring rd he moved to the centre lane (4 - lane rd) and then proceded to hit the gas on the truck and swerved three lanes almost hitting the car in front and wiping out a Corolla at the back (they braked in time) and then proceded to get off at the Edgars Rd exit.
For people that dont know these two exits you can stay in the far left lane and you will have no issues.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #40
Fled74
The Thread Killa

This one happened to me last year (sorry it's a bit long).

My encounter with Borat.

I was about to make a right turn into the Highpoint car park, when a red E-series Falcon shot out of said car park and stopped in front of me at a right angle (like a "T"), waiting for traffic to clear so he could cross. I slammed on my brakes, flashing my headlights at the stupid . The other driver (a thirtysomething Eastern European fellow by the look of him) gave me a dirty look and gesticulated wildly at me, and all the while his car was blocking my way, and half of the lane next to me, meaning other cars had to swerve to avoid him. "What's this idiot doing?" said my wife, who was sitting in the back next to our little girl. After waiting like this for a couple of minutes, I honked my horn at him in annoyance. He glared at me, obviously thinking: it's some geeky Asian guy wearing glasses, Asians are small people, I can intimidate him easily.

Think again, matey.

He got out of his car, leaving it in the middle of the road, while waving his hands around and yelling at me in heavily accented English. "What you problem? Huh?", he shouted, walking to our car and trying to open my door. I rolled the window down and replied, "What's YOUR bloody problem? You're blocking traffic, mate." And he was. Meanwhile, other motorists were watching this exchange with the kind of eager anticipation you get when a rasslin' match is about to start.

"Get out of car," he challenged me. "Come on."

So I did. I opened my door and he stepped closer. As I straightened up, looking in his eyes with my patented stone-cold axe murderer gaze, I saw that I was taller and broader-shouldered than he was. He seemed to realise it too, because he took a half-step back. His wife and children stayed in their car, watching us with an oh-crap look on their faces.
He wasn't some skinny little guy; he looked fit enough. But here was this big burly Asian bloke with a long goatee and a shaved head, dressed in black, giving him a bucketful of stink-eye. Doubt began to creep into his face. I was ready in case he took a swing at me, but thankfully no violence erupted. I didn't wanna have to hand this poor dumb bastard's *** back to him in front of our wives and children. Plus my steel-capped boots would have ripped a hole in his spleen the size of Kazakhstan.
"I been waiting to turn," he said. "I saw opening, so I shoot out."
"Yeah, you shot out, and I nearly hit you!" I said.
"You not near me, you was over there!" He pointed angrily, and it was a mere car-length away from where I'd stopped. Lucky my brakes are good. By that time, his wife had rolled her window down and was calling him back to the car.
Exasperated, I said, "Just follow the f-ing road rules, you f-ing idiot."
"Don't call me eediot," he said over his shoulder as he walked back to his car. "I smesh you."
"I'd like to see you try, Borat."
He looked at me again, got in his car and drove away, trying to do a burnout with his automatic transmission. It didn't work. Loser.

I got back into our car and entered the car park. "That was scary," my wife said. I looked at her in the rear view mirror and saw that she was covering our daughter's ears. Then she laughed. "Did you see how he backed down?" she asked. "I love my big husband."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 12:45 AM   #41
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
I have plenty of stories but I'll just throw them up as it comes along. I see it daily.

A couple of quick ones.

Every day on the metropolitan ring road, some idiot decides to swerve 3 lanes in heavy traffic (I'm still trying to work out how these people dont collect a car).

Today was in a bit of traffic going to Doncaster when theis guy in a small car decides to do a u-turn on the medium strip...that stupid but the medium strip was a bit high for the car and he ended up getting the thing stuck blocking my lane and the lane on the other side. Reving the crap out of the car he starts cause smoke (hey prob the first time a mirage has done a burnout without the use of maccas trays). Trying and trying...then the traffic starts coming from the other side luckily he got traction in reverse and was in the same position as before....but looked like a bigger tool.

The one that I cant believe and have never seen ever before or after was one afternoon when I was coming home from work on the metro ring rd (near Edgars Rd exit). I got on from the hume fwy entrance lik ethis truck driver did and moments before he almost swiped a VP Calais. But as soon as he got on the metro ring rd he moved to the centre lane (4 - lane rd) and then proceded to hit the gas on the truck and swerved three lanes almost hitting the car in front and wiping out a Corolla at the back (they braked in time) and then proceded to get off at the Edgars Rd exit.
For people that dont know these two exits you can stay in the far left lane and you will have no issues.

the problem with these people is, they want to be where they are going before they have left. that's why they put everyone else in danger, because they can't be bothered taking it a bit easy and getting there in one piece...i thought perth drivers were the worst in australia. since then i have been to adelaide, that changed my view...and i didn't even drive there...i think melbourne is about on par with perth as far as idiots go...
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 02:40 AM   #42
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Mate their everywhere, people can't seem to calm down. Seriously is 5 minutes longer going to ruin your life??

Anywho tonight story!!

Was down at a carwash at Burwood Hwy near sprigvale rd. My mates and I were just standing there when this guy in a little hatchback decides that the intersection lights (it was a small street that gets onto B Hwy) dont apply to him. So he creeps into the first lane (and I mean he was all the way over) and a car had to slow down in the second lane and pass him. Then the guy boots it across to the tram tracks and turns right onto the rd. I've seen people drive fast on this rd so luckily no one cleaned him up (then again if some one like that is driving is it really that bad?).
Old 07-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #43
AU3XSR
First time Falconless

I've had a few over the years (too many to remember all of the good ones)...people pulling in front of you after a single flash of the indicator with literally cm to spare even though they saw you, and the usual stouches with 'imported' taxi drivers and ricers, but one incident for me is really easy to recall offf the top of my head.

I was riding around with a mate of mine in his EF one afternoon and we were following a car up to a roundabout, both cars in the right lane and both turning right, with no one around us. As we approached the roundabout we could see a Camry coming around the roundabout with his indicator on turning towards us. So both cars brake and slow right down to give way to the Camry on the roundabout.

In amongst all this, the Camry driver on the roundabout has had a massive brain explosion and when he approaches our entry onto the roundabout he stops in the middle of the roundabout to give way to both cars!!! My mate and I are almost in shock (as I think the driver in front of us was), but both cars quickly fired around the roundabout, not wanting to stay near such sub-standard driving skills any longer...

Previous:-
2012 Fiesta Metal | 2001 AU2 XR6 | 1994 EF Fairmont | 2010 FG XR50 Ute | 2006 BF Typhoon | 2002 AU3 SR
AU3XSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #44
Mansal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8xr8
.... after all, its a privelidge, not a right.
That's what my dad always used to tell me!
Mansal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #45
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I've got plenty as well and see it all the time but the latest was last night actually. I'm heading into Bathurst from Sofala in the mail truck (18 tonne rigid) and it's all twisty and hilly and up ahead I spy a tray top pulling a 5th wheeler horse float at about 70-80km/h. No problem thinks I, I know the road well so time my run to pass him at the bottom of a decent on a shallow curve where you can see up the road for 1500m or so. Come down the slope and I'm just up to speed on the limiter and headlights on, indicator going etc. ( it was 5.30pm, so still a sunny day) I pull out to pass this moron and right at the critical moment he wanders across the road straddling the centre line; clearly completely oblivious to me in thundering great truck now on the brakes hard with the exhaust break growling away. I could see his drivers side mirror and it wasn't even adjusted right and all I could see was the bottom of his chin . I pull back in behind him and follow him for the next 5 kms or so with him wandering from the verge to the centre line and slowing to below 40km/h on every rise and not once did he attempt to look in his mirror to see what might be behind him even though I was right there on his tail. When I finally got round him he's sitting there with the window down,elbow hanging out in the breeze yakking to his passenger not a care in the world, totally oblivious. He still had no idea how close I came to taking out him, his mate, and the 2 horses he was hauling................. and don't get me started on terrorist rubber necks pulling caravans, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.........

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #46
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I can remember one that, 'tis funny to look back on.

I was driving in a carpark, big Coles & safeway carpark in downtown Ballarat. Stuck behind another car that was creeping around looking for a park (I was leaving the carpark) when I notice some reverse lights on a VT commy come on at my 11 o'clock. I thought nothing of it until when at my 10 o'clock said VT moron starts to reverse. When he reached my 9 o'clock I though "This fool ain't gonna stop" so I hit the horn, and kept going.

Well Mr VT moron did not like this, comes barrelling out of his car and goes to open my front passenger door, where my mrs is sitting. "Oh no you don't" is my first reaction, closely followed by ah crap I can't go forward to get away, and then finally "you go near my car or mrs I KILL YOU". Stopped the car, jumped out and politely asked what his problem was. He told me that I was an idiot for hitting my horn and that he has kids in the car. Well bugger me, I told him that maybe he should consider not trying to reverse into cars that are behind him and that had I not got on the horn his kids would be really upset.

He took great offence to me pointing out he was a tool so he decided that because he was bigger than me that he could hurt me, ummmmm no. At this point my mrs got out of my car, and his whale out of his. He starts telling his mrs, who mind you was heavily pregnant, that she could and should hit my mrs. FFS clown wtf????

He comes up to me and grabs a couple of handfulls of jumper and starts going on about how he's gonna smash me and all this other rubbish. I told him that he either lets me go now (I am a cool headed person in situations like this) or I could promise that he would wish he did. He decided to take his chances and gave me the girliest jab to the nose I have ever felt (although it did crack it, damn beak). I pushed him away with the left while giving him a nice cross with the right to give him something to think about.

Some other tool then come across and tries to break it up, I told this other tool to bugger off and if he wants to be useful call the Police. Said other tool then says "No, you don't need the cops". Wtf?? are you right clown???

Other tool then decides his meek efforts are futile and Mr VT moron decides on another go, trying a front kick right in front of me. Ummmmm no! I grabbed his foot twisted it toward the ground and kicked his standing leg out from under him. CLUNK, bitumen must hurt.

Realising that just because I'm smaller doesn't mean I can't hold my own he decides that now is a good time to retreat, of course yelling the obligatory obscenities and threats of "I know where you live" and "I'm gonna smash ya". Me being ever the antagonist when a little peeved of course says "No problem, see you then"

Called the Police, went and made a statement and gave them the VT's rego. Cops caught up with the owner (Pregnant Whale) who claimed she didn't know him and that he came from somewhere else to protect he from bad old me. Too bad the Police had already had a witness statement from a lady who came forward to me giving her details. Also too bad that they had come out of Safeway who has CCTV that the Police obtained showing her with a male fitting the description I gave them.

She got charged with hindering the Police and will face court soon lol.

Bloody Commodore's.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 03:04 PM   #47
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Was driving along a 70 km/h two-lane road and a white VN Commodore wagon came flying up and overtook me so fast like I was standing still. Red lights ahead at a busty intersection and they fly right through it without any braking. I can only assume it was a stolen vehicle, robbery aftermath or a drug-effected driver. It was quite a heart-beating moment when I realised he wasn't going to stop for the redlights ahead.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #48
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
Was driving along a 70 km/h two-lane road and a white VN Commodore wagon came flying up and overtook me so fast like I was standing still. Red lights ahead at a busty intersection and they fly right through it without any braking. I can only assume it was a stolen vehicle, robbery aftermath or a drug-effected driver. It was quite a heart-beating moment when I realised he wasn't going to stop for the redlights ahead.
Where is this "BUSTY" intersection you speak of
10.25@138mph FG XR6T (new toy) (Nizpro)
Black F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #49
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Story 2, from when I was on holiday in Perth a few weeks ago.

I was sitting and waiting for someone in the green car and watched three people get involved in something in front of me.

Idiot Driver 1 (purple) was preparing to move out of their spot and taking a while.

Idiot Driver 2 (red) and Poor Lady (blue) were walking to their cars, got in and Poor Lady was parked facing out, and started driving out first.

A split second after, Idiot Driver 2 started backing out without looking on the right side and Poor Lady had to jam on the brakes and reverse back in. Idiot Driver 2 has a delayed reaction and goes back into their spot.

Poor Lady then proceeds to drive out but now Idiot Driver 1, having no idea what has happened, starts backing out and Poor Lady again has to go back in.

Idiot Driver 1 finishes backing out and drives off, totally oblivious to all this and Poor Lady finally beeps her horn in protest.

Idiot Driver 2, for some reason, took this as a signal to back out and starts backing out. Poor Lady beeps her horn more aggressively and Idiot Driver 2 gets it and gives way. Poor Lady drives off in a huff.

Meanwhile, I was laughing at everything. Unfortunately I didn't have the digital camera on me.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #50
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

lol loving the diagram!

I got another small one from yesterday.

Dropped a mate off at Perth domestic terminal so I parked in the short term parking area in between two giant landcruisers.

so anyway see the mate off go back to my spot and jump in and stick it in reverse. I obviously can't see very much, doesn't help that the ute is lowered as well. So I crawl out backwards as slow as possible till I can see if anything is coming or not. I get less than a metre out and this old fart in his pulsar slams his brakes on directly behind me and starts abusing me. He's having a sad coz the back end of my car is hanging out a metre?? The way he was acting seemed like I had nearly cleaned him up. :

I gave the ute a good rev and he decided to move along lol.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:57 PM   #51
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

this idiot watch the trucks indicators

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=qjBnDLN5dHM

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #52
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Just a small one from today.

Going down St Georges rd and it wasn't too busy but a few cars there. Anyway this guy in a jacked up Hilux ute wanted to merge lanes (should have really changed earlier but anyway) and put his indicator on to change lanes. But this taxi driver decides to sit in a position that if the guy in the ute didn't see him would have hit the front quarter part of the front quarter (just a complete bit@h of a position) problem was he made sure he stayed there for about 200m until the guy braked and then changed lanes. As soon as the guy changed over the taxi changed into the utes lane and continued on. Mind you if the taxi driver decided to slow down slightly and change lanes it would have taken 10 seconds as there was plenty room behind the ute.

But this guy had NFI as he cut me off twice after that. Not major bonehead but I can see why taxi drivers get a really bad name and also how road rage erupts.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #53
Bobman
Regulator

You guys experience what I see everyday as a courier driver. There really are a lot of idiots around.

Have noticed that Northern & Western suburbs drivers in Melbourne have little patience, especially at school zones. I've been over-taken at 3pm when there are school kids around just for doing the right thing. No-one deserves sympathy for not adhering to those limits.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #54
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
You guys experience what I see everyday as a courier driver. There really are a lot of idiots around.
Yep. I've done that job and definitely agree that you see a lot of psychos on the roads.

People probably thought I was a dangerous driver though, because the ute I was driving had the world's biggest blindspot. It was a BA ute with aluminium tray and a canopy that stuck about 15cm out past the cab. Therefore it was impossible to see down the right hand side, so lane changes were a case of indicate well in advance, start to slowly move across, and wait for the toots.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #55
Bobman
Regulator

I'm very courteous to other deserving road users but one pet hate of mine is people who don't thank you for letting them in.

Current Cars:
Previous Cars:
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
Old 08-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #56
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm very courteous to other deserving road users but one pet hate of mine is people who don't thank you for letting them in.
Or don't even wait for you to let them in. They think indicate = right of way
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2008, 12:34 AM   #57
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
Or don't even wait for you to let them in. They think indicate = right of way
Yeah. Saw that this morning on Williams Road, South Yarra.

Chick in a Hyundai was doing the zig-zag thing and just merged into the left lane without even waiting for someone to let her in. She copped a myriad of beeps too. During peak-hour you really get all sorts of bone heads.

That's why I'd love to have one of those cars with spears attached to the centre of the wheel, various angled bull-bars and flame throwers. Or a monster truck would do the job nicely.

Yesterday on Canterbury Road, Bayswater, I saw a VR Commodore cut a bus off in a right-turn lane. Bus driver jumps out and just wants to have a word to the driver, but the driver is too scared and creeps forward with all windows/doors locked. Seems that some people feel so big when they think they're just dealing with other cars, but if those other drivers jump out, then they suddenly become frightened.

Current Cars:
Previous Cars:
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
Old 09-11-2008, 08:07 PM   #58
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On the 'Moses switch' indicators - you know the ones which as soon as you turn on part the traffic, well this one day some hero flies up a staight ahead lane, then indicated to merge back into the heavily congested left turning lanes. Of course they do this to get a few cars ahead.

Where he came unstuck though was I had a 4wd right on my rear bumper with a bullbar so I wasn't slamming on the brakes for him. He came across anyway and took out my driver front guard with his rear quarter.

So not only did it ultimately take him about 100 times longer after sorting out all the details than just sitting in the queue in the first place, but he also had a $500 excess on his insurance claim, and a loss of no claim bonus and ongoing higher insurance costs. All to save about 15 seconds max. Definite bonehead!

Yeah, sorry to all the late lane changers of the world, or those trying to race up ending lanes to gain a few places, but with a wife with chronic neck problems from a previous rear-ender, risking another one by slamming on the brakes for some Moses switch beliver is the last thing I would do. If people can pull off hero moves to save 5 seconds, good for them, but while I wont speed up to block them, nor will I go out of my way and put myself, or my family in danger to embrace their impatience.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #59
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Its not terribly hard to read the road, like in Sydney, every day you will see if you're going down Parramatta road towards the city, 3 lanes and 2 will be full of cars going fairly slowly, and the far left lane will be mostly empty, because its full of parked cars, there will always be someone who goes flying down the left lane until they come up to a parked car then slam on the brakes and try and to get back into traffic with everyone else.

Also on the Hume Hwy here, it merges from 3 into 2 lanes. And everyday there will be traffic banked up because the right two lanes will be doing 90-100 in a 110 zone, and idiots will go flying up the left lane at 110 or more then realize the lane ends and that the traffic they are trying to merge into is going slower then they are and then they just Stop and hold up traffic.
I always merge beforehand and match the speed to the next lane and alot of the time I'll find someone tailgating me (because I'm going slower then the speed limit), and as soon as I merge they go flying past, then 5seconds later slam on the brakes and expect ME to let them in.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #60
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
+1.

I also dislike it when I let a car through on a narrow two-way street due to a car being parked on my side, and they don't acknowledge that fact that I've decided to make things safer for them.

BMW drivers (Glen Waverley was (and maybe possible still is) in the top five for BMW owners) are the worst, and pay no attention to courtesy to others from what I have seen.

Accidents happen because of poor decision making and impatience, not purely due to speeding.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post