Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #31
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

There are heaps of idiot P Platers driving around, that said, there are heaps of idiot drivers around in general.
I don't know why I bothered to watch they story, the faeces they talk just managed to put me in a foul mood. Driving a car is the most dangerous think a P Plater can do? I think swimming in a shark tank with an open wound less then 30minutes after eating would be worse but obviously I'm no expert.

The only thing that differs between younger and older drivers is experience and there is only one way to get it. I guess us P-Platers can't help doing 180 with 4 people in the car.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #32
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIForte
To get from your house to somewhere else, you need a car. Imagine life without cars.
well atleast we wouldn't be the second overweight country in the world then!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #33
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
There are heaps of idiot P Platers driving around, that said, there are heaps of idiot drivers around in general.
I don't know why I bothered to watch they story, the faeces they talk just managed to put me in a foul mood. Driving a car is the most dangerous think a P Plater can do? I think swimming in a shark tank with an open wound less then 30minutes after eating would be worse but obviously I'm no expert.
The only thing that differs between younger and older drivers is experience and there is only one way to get it. I guess us P-Platers can't help doing 180 with 4 people in the car.
Hence why there is a problem ........

Because you swim with sharks everyday for hours on end??? SO many just dont get it .... there is the biggest problem.!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-11-2008, 09:14 PM   #34
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
well atleast we wouldn't be the second overweight country in the world then!
What, where did you get that from? Is that a fact, or speculation? Aus being the second fattest in the world?

Please bring forward evidence.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #35
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What, where did you get that from? Is that a fact, or speculation? Aus being the second fattest in the world?

He's right.. take a chill pill... you're proving allot of points.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #36
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

isnt this exactly what i was talking about in my thread? crap journalism and sensationalism
Old 09-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #37
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
He's right.. take a chill pill... you're proving allot of points.
Next time you address something, point out the person you are talking too because what you just said doesn't make sense. Who are you talking to with each of your statements?
Old 09-11-2008, 09:21 PM   #38
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
isnt this exactly what i was talking about in my thread? crap journalism and sensationalism
I havn't read your thread, but its true that most journalism is crap and sensationalism is going on 100%.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:22 PM   #39
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daymoe
Anyways, I think tonight there is going to be a lot of poo hung on young drivers, my mate is featuring in this one when school asked him to do a defensive driving thing for 60 minutes down at Calder, anyways they had him in a Toyota Camry and he was doing stupid stuff like ripping up the handbrake while driving and hitting the cones and being a in general, I have a feeling its going to be a "Young drivers cant handle powerful cars" rapeage on P platers.
Doing a defensive driving course and actually out "hooning" is 2 different things. I will bet that i am not up to scratch on the defensive driving course like a lot of people are here, or around the world.However what i would like to see is a breakdown of the accident reports, like age, drink driving, drug influenced driving, outright speed driving, etc, i am quite sure that the insurance companies as well as the police have this categorised, not 100% but very close to it...men as well as the women...
Old 09-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #40
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile

Does everybody seem to feel that it is an age thing and not a P plate thing, or is it the other way round?

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
Old 09-11-2008, 09:25 PM   #41
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Next time you address something, point out the person you are talking too because what you just said doesn't make sense. Who are you talking to with each of your statements?
Oh boy .... 4V was talking to you! If you cant see that ...... just keep digging deeper!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #42
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
Hence why there is a problem ........

Because you swim with sharks everyday for hours on end??? SO many just dont get it .... there is the biggest problem.!
I can see your point, but if thats the most dangerous and there are 104 dying every year out of however many millions then that's not a bad batting average.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #43
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

ease up turbo, no need to be agressive about it.

found this
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4171160.ece

i was wrong, we are the MOST obese nation in the world!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #44
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6
Does everybody seem to feel that it is an age thing and not a P plate thing, or is it the other way round?
In the most general terms, it so NOT an age thing. Doesn't matter the age. If it was an age thing, then law to prohibit a person to drive until the age of 28-30.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:30 PM   #45
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
Oh boy .... 4V was talking to you! If you cant see that ...... just keep digging deeper!
Sorry, I still don't understand. I know he was talking to me, but he stated 2 things to 2 different people, and I don't know which to which. Please enlighten me.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:30 PM   #46
Jesk
certified nutter

their answer is friggen impossible! so p platers drive too old cars, and that they should spend $20k on a new car like a camery!?!?! WTF?
when i was 17 which is really the age they were aiming at, mum and dad couldnt even afford a 20k for themselves let alone for me, I'm 23 now and couldnt afford one, my car cost me $3k and that was a real stretch!

also that comment at the start, that statement being that they are sober and doing nothing wrong, then go straight to saying they crashed at 160-180kph!!! I reckon thats doing something wrong
Old 09-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #47
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
In the most general terms, it so NOT an age thing. Doesn't matter the age. If it was an age thing, then law to prohibit a person to drive until the age of 28-30.
What a load of dribble, you're all "gung ho" at the moment, take a step back and get your facts right before you run your mouth again like a fool.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #48
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile

Quote:

If it's not an age thing then why does most of the media coverage on any incident involving a P plate driver state young ages of the driver?

Must be an age thing.

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
Old 09-11-2008, 09:33 PM   #49
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesk
their answer is friggen impossible! so p platers drive too old cars, and that they should spend $20k on a new car like a camery!?!?! WTF?
when i was 17 which is really the age they were aiming at, mum and dad couldnt even afford a 20k for themselves let alone for me, I'm 23 now and couldnt afford one, my car cost me $3k and that was a real stretch!

also that comment at the start, that statement being that they are sober and doing nothing wrong, then go straight to saying they crashed at 160-180kph!!! I reckon thats doing something wrong
You weren't paying enough attention, its either spend $20K or die, "its that simple" .

Camry or Death..........: ...........Death thanks
Old 09-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #50
Jesk
certified nutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
You weren't paying enough attention, its either spend $20K or die, "its that simple" .

Camry or Death..........: ...........Death thanks
yeah i did hear that but i was trying not to get the sensationalist comment, cos damn straight I'm not dead and the car i drove through my P's cost $1500 and well im still here!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #51
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's an idea.

How about "P Plate cars".

For the first 5 years of your license you are only allowed to drive "p plate cars". These cars are bright colours, 4 doors, front wheel drive, 1 litre engine, ABS, EBD, VDC, lots of air bags and hard limited to 130km/h with an automatic "limp home mode" engaged if you try to do silly things.

All finance of these super safe cars is tax deductible, they are GST free and CANNOT be modified in any way.

Everyone is safer, everyone can afford them but the doofs doofs will hate them.......
Old 09-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #52
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
So how do you explain the statistics that show those aged 18-25 are more than twice as likely to be invloved in a fatal accident than any other age group?
This segment will be interesting... im predicting much gnashing of teeth, condemnation of the episode and complete denial here later on...
Quote:
young drivers

There were 81 people aged 18-25 who died on Victorian roads in 2007. This is 17 more fatalities than in 2006.

Forty-eight of these young people killed on the roads were drivers. They make up 28 per cent of the total number of drivers killed on Victoria’s roads, but 18-25 year olds only represent 13 per cent of licensed drivers.
Hardly a "large" amount of young folks who are killed on the roads, compared to other ages. So that means 72% of people who make the road toll in Victoria are of a mature age, yet all the focus is on young people. There really needs to be a better approach to cutting the road toll, as the current policies in all states don't really work. The toll is rising, but no real hard work is being done about it.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 09-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #53
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Here's an idea.

For the first 5 years of your license you are only allowed to drive "p plate cars". These cars are bright colours, 4 doors, front wheel drive, 1 litre engine, ABS, EBD, VDC, lots of air bags and hard limited to 130km/h with an automatic "limp home mode" engaged if you try to do silly things.

All finance of these super safe cars is tax deductible, they are GST free and CANNOT be modified in any way.

Everyone is safer, everyone can afford them but the doofs doofs will hate them.......
Problem solved. You should apply for a leading position to whom ever makes these rules.

Your idea for this problem is the best I have heard for a long time.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #54
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Here's an idea.

Solves the problem.
But it would suck to be the person that would half to drive one.
Also raise it to maybe a 1.6 at least they might be able to go over big hills
Old 09-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #55
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6
If it's not an age thing then why does most of the media coverage on any incident involving a P plate driver state young ages of the driver?

Must be an age thing.

You didn't read my other post before that one, about sheeple?

If you didn't. Then I will say it in an easier form. Do not believe what TV tell you.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:05 PM   #56
braddyxe51
cortyboy

I dont think the 20 plus cars I have owned would add up to 20 grand
Old 09-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #57
AUIIForte

Quote:
What a load of dribble, you're all "gung ho" at the moment, take a step back and get your facts right before you run your mouth again like a fool.
Please, read up on 'ad hominem'.

I do have my facts right. Do you?

I said in 'GENERAL' terms, age does not play a leading fact in causes of crashes.

There are many accidents every year. And I know that when you crack down on specifics, people from the ages 18-25 and people 70-up are the leaders.

What about the people between 25 and 70?

After that, I already had my post about what should be done. More training.

Its not me who needs to take a chill pill, even if one existed. I just know how to argue, you, and a few others, obviously don't.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #58
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
Hardly a "large" amount of young folks who are killed on the roads, compared to other ages. So that means 72% of people who make the road toll in Victoria are of a mature age, yet all the focus is on young people. There really needs to be a better approach to cutting the road toll, as the current policies in all states don't really work. The toll is rising, but no real hard work is being done about it.

Too true, and hopefully it won't take too long for the sheeple to catch up!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #59
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
Solves the problem.
But it would suck to be the person that would half to drive one.
Also raise it to maybe a 1.6 at least they might be able to go over big hills
What big hills? This is Australia not New Zealand.

The power will not be a problem, these cars would be small and light. They would not be able to tow trailers and would have a max payload including pax of about 400kg.

One of the MAJOR advantages these cars will have is that in order to "go fast" you will actually have to learn how to drive. Too many are "superdrivers" because they have a gazillion rwkws and therefore do not have to actually judge distances, grades or oncoming traffic, they just stand on the go pedal if they think they will no make it.

How many on here have won a "race" against a more powerful car by outdriving the other guy?

Not a lot I suspect, the common thread on here is "I got blown away by a XXXX, what mods do I need to do to get to YYYY rwkw so I can win?

Last edited by flappist; 09-11-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #60
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddyxe51
I dont think the 20 plus cars I have owned would add up to 20 grand
So you are saying that you have owned 20 plus dangerous piles of junk instead of one good car?

Why did you buy 20, did they keep breaking down and coild not be repaired or did you crash them all?
Closed Thread