Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-11-2005, 07:33 PM   #31
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike
I'm 100% certain what you're noticing is the normal way an auto will change gears according to load and throttle position. Or, perhaps if yours IS changing its shift patterns perhaps there is a loose kickdown linkage. However, the most logical solution I can come up with if indeed your NA is shifting differently after a fang would probably relate to how well thing works when its hot versus normal temp.

While I'm not intending to make any sweeping statements I'm pretty sure that even the BA's didn't have adaptive shift and given the sudden interest coinciding with the BF I'd imagine I'm guessing right. And while I've had staunch Holden boys argue black and blue their VS/VT has adaptive shift, I know for a fact they do not - and still do not. Thus Mitsubishi WAS (pre-BF) the only local manufacturer to offer any of this kind of tecnology - and has done so for nearly a decade. Same goes for tiptronic, and 5spd automatic. Oh yeah and the first to export, the first AWD, first with climate control std, first with four air-bags, first with ABS and EBD std, yada yada yada

And now I'll sit and laugh at all the anti-Magna comments from one-eyed supporters of other brands... Ha ha ha....

By the way, I used to work there, I studied everything on the market, I don't work there anymore, and oh yeah I drive the Ford proudly displayed in my avatar.
Incorrect. The first Ford to have adaptive shift was the EL GT in '97. AU XR's had it as did every BA model with the 4 speed.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #32
YOOT
Banned

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the whole point of SSS is so you can have your so called 200 points now? Because even if you have 0 points, sliding over to manual mode negates the points all together and you take control. So if you want low gears, gear holds etc, you just tell it to.

Also, the throttle is equiped with a kickdown switch which is beyond the 95% of peddle travel which will automatically kick down 2 gears regardless of how many points you have.

My T5 has a points thing, if I can shif tit from 2nd to third at 6250rpm without missing the gate, it rewards me with more accelaration, if I miss, it punishes me with a loud crunch and a confetti of swarf in the gear box.
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 10:24 PM   #33
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Incorrect. The first Ford to have adaptive shift was the EL GT in '97. AU XR's had it as did every BA model with the 4 speed.
Correctomundo!

Adaptive shift has been round for quite some time! :
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 10:46 PM   #34
FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike
....first with four air-bags...
It's nice to read first with four airbags for the magna,but what is the point if it doesnt eclipse the competiton without four airbags. Im pretty sure Falcon and Commodore beat the Magna in the ANCAP ratings with only dual airbags.
FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2005, 04:09 PM   #35
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the whole point of SSS is so you can have your so called 200 points now? Because even if you have 0 points, sliding over to manual mode negates the points all together and you take control. So if you want low gears, gear holds etc, you just tell it to.

Also, the throttle is equiped with a kickdown switch which is beyond the 95% of peddle travel which will automatically kick down 2 gears regardless of how many points you have.

My T5 has a points thing, if I can shif tit from 2nd to third at 6250rpm without missing the gate, it rewards me with more accelaration, if I miss, it punishes me with a loud crunch and a confetti of swarf in the gear box.
In Motors test of the BF XR6 it states that as soon as you flick the lever left into performance mode it will automatically give you 100 points. It also mentions that it clocks the points up quickly but knocks them back down alot slower.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post