Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #31
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
I don't belive you guys this show was able to be seen by impressionable young people .
It was shot at the north pole, bugger the young people, what about the young impressionable penguins! Think of the penguins!!

Quote:
respected motoring show condones drink driving so it must be ok for me to get pi$$ed and drive .
No its only OK to drink and drive in the arctic. THINK OF THE PENGUINS!

Quote:
FFS these guys are setting an terrible example for the motoring public and the offending footage should have been cut in the name of safety.
Exactly! What if they had hit an iceberg! Titanic II! And another crappy movie with leonardo di caprio!

Quote:
I have noticed that when anyone has something negative to say about your drug of choice you all get quite vocal.
Absolutely true! The Arctic contributes heavily to the "Ice" epidemic that our young people are engaged in. Bloody druggies and their Ice. Think of the penguins!

Quote:
if you chose to use drugs ( alcohol is a highly toxic but legal drug) you should accept there are community standards and if these are breached there will be fallout. it's not wowsers it's people concerned with public safety so build a bridge
This guy is already high! The impact has already occured on our young ones!

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 04-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #32
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuMor
HAHA!

I love it when people get ****ed off by topgear.
I bet Mr Clarkson and May were in Denmark they would have been having a good ol chug of a bong.

Hey James May is gay, do you have any opinion on that??

Poisoning our impressionble youth!
What? May has been with some journo type chick for years.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 04-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #33
TuMor
its not a!

Good one SB!!! hahah

...just had to, sorry no Photoshop at work.

Charcoal Black
ohh yeeah

Last edited by TuMor; 04-07-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #34
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuMor
Good one SB!!! hahah

...just had to, sorry no Photoshop at work.
LOL! you should have tattoed such is life on his chest as well!

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 04-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #35
TuMor
its not a!

....done!

**This thread is now about penguins and ice.

Charcoal Black
ohh yeeah
Old 04-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #36
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Topgear is the car enthusiest's *spelling* encyclopidia ;)

Penguins and ice Lol
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 04-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #37
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
I don't belive you guys this show was able to be seen by impressionable young people . respected motoring show condones drink driving so it must be ok for me to get pi$$ed and drive . FFS these guys are setting an terrible example for the motoring public and the offending footage should have been cut in the name of safety.
I have noticed that when anyone has something negative to say about your drug of choice you all get quite vocal. if you chose to use drugs ( alcohol is a highly toxic but legal drug) you should accept there are community standards and if these are breached there will be fallout. it's not wowsers it's people concerned with public safety so build a bridge
If those impressionable people wish to drive and drink gin on their way to the north pole, good luck to them, they have my blessing.

Where did they condone drink driving? Were they on public roads while drinking behind the wheel? Last weeks episode Jeremy was doing doughnuts in an EVO around a Subaru on a track, does that mean he now condones doughnuts on public roads? How about drifting on public roads, he does a lot of that on the show as well. If anyone watched that episode and then believed that they were condoning drink driving needs their head examined.

If you're going to cut footage from Top Gear in the name of safety, the show would be 3 minutes long. I think it's rather sad that the PC group has to step in everytime they object to something on TV and wail... 'will someone please think of the children...'
Old 04-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #38
TuMor
its not a!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
If those impressionable people wish to drive and drink gin on their way to the north pole, good luck to them, they have my blessing.

Where did they condone drink driving? Were they on public roads while drinking behind the wheel? Last weeks episode Jeremy was doing doughnuts in an EVO around a Subaru on a track, does that mean he now condones doughnuts on public roads? How about drifting on public roads, he does a lot of that on the show as well. If anyone watched that episode and then believed that they were condoning drink driving needs their head examined.

If you're going to cut footage from Top Gear in the name of safety, the show would be 3 minutes long. I think it's rather sad that the PC group has to step in everytime they object to something on TV and wail... 'will someone please think of the children...'

Charcoal Black
ohh yeeah
Old 04-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #39
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
'will someone please think of the children...'
... penguins.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 04-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #40
plext
Forum Director

Once again we have the wringers of hands telling us that fun is bad for us and we will be the ruination of the young folk.

I don't think anybody is about to deny the damage that alcohol does to society, but to raise it in this way, in this place is frankly silly and tantamount to extremism of the most irritating kind.

There are much stronger influences than a silly scene in a silly show that induce people to alcohol usage and abuse, we really need to get over this PC madness.

If you need me, after this beer I'll be down the back paddock on my farm bike without a helmet while speeding, hoping all the time that it'll annoy the pope or his fanclub in Sydney. The media made me do it.

Disclaimer: No penguins were hurt during the crafting of this post, though three aardvarks and a few mice have lodged molestation claims.
Closed Thread