Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 02:56 PM   #31
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, there are some bad drivers in the Fords its true, there are some bad drivers in the holdons also, have witnessed both regularly. Possibly its cos the younger generation prefer the commonhauls there are more knobs in them than Fords? No offence to younger drivers, but there is often a 'mines better then yours' thing going on with something to prove.

And why is jap stuff always coming up? its nothing to do with this thread.

And yeah, the main reason i dont like the gm product is because of the owners attitude, there are some real sh$t heads out there, and im sure there are some gm people who feel the same way about the Ford product.

Last edited by xe351; 11-12-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:07 PM   #32
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dodgy computer
Old 11-12-2005, 03:08 PM   #33
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has anyone noticed the camry drivers? is it the new 'volvo drivers' car? no offence if you drive a camry peoples
Old 11-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #34
cogdoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hate to say it but my old SV21 manual camry would paste my auto BAGT to 60kph.

I thought the Camry's were the modern volkswagen?
Old 11-12-2005, 03:29 PM   #35
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Near where I live we have more Idiot P Plate E-Series drivers than P Platers in VL's.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:32 PM   #36
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xe351
Has anyone noticed the camry drivers? is it the new 'volvo drivers' car? no offence if you drive a camry peoples
Nah ... it's the BMW drivers now .... they are the new Volvo drivers. Some Merc driver's are just as bad now.

The Volvo driver has evolved to a decent driver now.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:11 PM   #37
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY18s
Oh come on I thought the guys here were "Opened Minded" and you start a thread about Holden V8 Drivers being arrogant pricks?

Now being a VL P Plater myself I dont consider myself a "Typical ****er Holden P Plater" ok so I give it a boot every now and then but I mean who doesnt?

Ok im probably gonna get flamed for this but oh well.

What has been ****ing me off latley is how you guys go on that guys in Holdens are the biggest trouble makers and you guys make yourselves out to be little angels who never do anything wrong.

Atleast I do admit (Hell even on Commodore sites) that there are idiots in Holdens no one in this thread apart from gmhdriver (And a couple of other guys) has admited that there are idiots in Fords.

Sorry but its been ****ing me off that you guys hide the truth about yourselves most of the time.
I think your mistaking a vocal minority for an entire forum. Considering we have close to 10,000 members, I dont see them all posting in this thread, so as a minority may tarnash all holden drivers as idiots, do not tarnash all ford drivers as close minded.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 11-12-2005, 04:14 PM   #38
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Near where I live we have more Idiot P Plate E-Series drivers than P Platers in VL's.
Same here Bucky, there are at least 5 E-Series here that I am waiting to see wrapped around trees.
What annoys me is that some people think the badge on the car determines the mentality of the driver - 99 times out of 100 this is utter crap. A person will drive like an idiot if they want to regardless of what car they're driving - Holden, Ford, Toyota, Volvo - anything.

The only thing more ridiculous than those drivers is the people who start the whinging because of what car it is - seriously, getting on here and ing about Holdens or any non-Ford doesnt get you brownie points, it doesnt make you look like a big man, and Tom Gorman isnt going to come and shake you by the hand.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:25 PM   #39
xr8gn3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhdriver
The number of XR6T's with P plates I have seen weaving in and out of traffic at 50kmh above the speed limit amazes me. I think these are well on the way to becoming the new "idiot" cars.
Thats the biggest load of BS I've ever heard.

1. Its against the law for a P plater to drive a turbo car

2. 50km above the speed limit, an exaggeration of massive proportions.

3. Most P Platers couldnt afford an XR6T.

4. "idiot" cars, well I think you've just shown whos the idiot.

Old 11-12-2005, 04:52 PM   #40
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhdriver
And your point is?

Could it be because 90% of young people choose to drive vl/vn's? With a higher majority on the road there are naturally going to be more instances. If the xf/ea was the car of choice then maybe they would be the worst offenders?

It's funny though, most ford fans critisized ford for not paying enough attention to youth when designing their cars, but now that they are they are attracting just the sort of people you are complaining about. The number of XR6T's with P plates I have seen weaving in and out of traffic at 50kmh above the speed limit amazes me. I think these are well on the way to becoming the new "idiot" cars.
thats funny mate you make me laugh 90% of young people drive vl/vn hahahaha
and that you see a number of xr6t "p" plater weaving ouit of traffic.
i've prob only seen one or two p plater xr6t let alone a number of them weaving out of traffic. you are a joke mate!
Old 11-12-2005, 05:09 PM   #41
AllCoupedUp
Garage Dreaming...

Location: In the garage - waiting for the car to build itself!!

BMW drivers the next Volvo - I think not... Hell will freeze over before BMW drivers could be categorised as the new Volvo drivers! If anything, they drive like they are on the autobahns! Did I say that???

Anyway, I think that this thread has just about been 'exhausted'. There have been a few people say that no matter the brand, you'll always get d1ckheads. Agree whole heartedly. My thoughts - I think that the e-series IS becoming the new VL...

This should be viewed two ways:
1. It's a compliment to Ford for designing and building a car that the youger generation 'want' to be seen it and / or modify.
2. Give it two or more years and there will be a thread saying "Is it just me or..... those e-series..... d1ckheads..... yadda yadda." I think gmhdriver said it, the VL is the 'weapon of choice' for the younger group. The e-series won't be far behind.

Respect for the both brands is deserved.

Now before I get tourched, I owned an e-series not long ago and I'm in the market for a new project e-series!!!!

I also agree with someone who posted on here about admiring others cars and complimenting them, then getting a verbal diahorrea response... I've had this a few times. It's something that wont change, see for every serious compliment you get or give, you get 10 from people who are putting the wind up you or think that you're taking the p1ss out of them. The only time I now compliment owners of nice cars are on club days and events.

Regardless, admire and respect and let the sh1t go through to the keeper.

I'll get off my soap box now...

Cheers
Old 11-12-2005, 06:02 PM   #42
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8gn3
Thats the biggest load of BS I've ever heard.

1. Its against the law for a P plater to drive a turbo car.
But that hardly stops them from doing so does it?

Quote:
2. 50km above the speed limit, an exaggeration of massive proportions.
When they fly past like you're standing still as I have witnessed, it could very well be an understatement.

Quote:
3. Most P Platers couldnt afford an XR6T..
Cough ** rich parents ** Cough.

Quote:
4. "idiot" cars, well I think you've just shown whos the idiot.
When XR6T prices drop and become affordable to the mainstream P plater, mark my words they will become the car of choice for idiotic hoons.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:05 PM   #43
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_RAVEN
and that you see a number of xr6t "p" plater weaving ouit of traffic.
i've prob only seen one or two p plater xr6t let alone a number of them weaving out of traffic. you are a joke mate!
So because you personally haven't seen them does that mean that they don't exist??? I have seen it with my own eyes mate.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:15 PM   #44
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
There are idiots behind the wheel of every brand of car, get over it.
I think the above quote just about sums it up

It wont be turning into an us vs them thread.....
Old 11-12-2005, 06:37 PM   #45
Psycho Chicken
Banned

It's got nothing to do with Holden or Ford drivers.

The fact is there's a lot of one eyed hoons with p plates. They lack the brain power to figure out that the run of the mil 6 cylinder Falcon/Commo has nothing in common with a V8 Supercar.

The VL/VN/VP has obviously been the affordable popular car in recent times. It's got nothing to do with VN drivers, it's got to do with idiots who just buy whatever is cool.

I dare say the E-Series 6 is about to take the 3.8 commo's place. Super bogans will ditch SS Commo for XR8s.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:32 PM   #46
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

lol speaking of e series hoons, i will be getting a eb soon when i turn 17, im not a ******** 1 eyed ford boy or anything but just wondering how does a I6 Eb falcon go against a VN or commodore equivelent???

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust
After market alpine/soundstream stereo

18" tyhpoons
superlows waiting to go in....
spoilerless
Old 11-12-2005, 08:39 PM   #47
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16wantsI6
lol speaking of e series hoons, i will be getting a eb soon when i turn 17, im not a ******** 1 eyed ford boy or anything but just wondering how does a I6 Eb falcon go against a VN or commodore equivelent???
An Ea with MPI and manual trans should whip a maunaul VN V6 on the track.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:42 PM   #48
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16wantsI6
EB auto vs vn auto youll get flogged but
EB manual vs vn manual youll blow him away easy.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:58 PM   #49
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

oh thats kool coz i got mates goin buyin vn's so i can atleast have begging rights, obviously ill go manual, i hate auto's

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust

18" tyhpoons
spoilerless
Old 11-12-2005, 08:59 PM   #50
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

lol bragging rights

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust

18" tyhpoons
spoilerless
Old 11-12-2005, 10:46 PM   #51
EL_futuraistic

there are dickheads in every brand and model of car. Kids can afford any car they want when mummy and daddy are providing the dollar, and if not they will think they have "the sh*t" even it its a clapped out ex-cab.

VS commo's are the new VL, VT's with monaro kits are the one to have though

Its all about attitude, and everyone likes to think they are a racer even if they have a 1989 mitsubishi lancer with a 5" cannon muffler or a VL with 2 coils cut off their springs and dumped on Ceptors maayt.

No matter the vehicle, if you drive a HSV, FPV, XR's, SS's, WRX's your going to get ****ers at the lights wanting to drag........
Old 11-12-2005, 11:22 PM   #52
oneredED
need more boost

Well, just today I saw a reasonable example of younger drivers (like myself). I was driving behind a VL with P's on it, as he went past a cop car at pretty much exactly 140kmh in a 110 zone and he was not pulled over. Watching the way he interacted with traffic, and the areas he chose to speed, I did not believe he was a bad driver in any way, in fact I believe he was actually a good driver.
Now, conversely, later on today I saw in my rear-view an X series (XF i think) weaving through traffic in a highly congested area, who then proceeded to tailgate me for no apparent reason, even though i was going slightly (ie 2kmh) quicker than the posted limit. They then pulled up beside me, and were looking at my car all over, and acting just like many people assume commodore drivers to be like, loud and obnoxious.

I dunno, but i think it's a bad stereo type that commodore drivers are dicks. I have had many commo drivers, even VL drivers :P, say nice things about my car. Like "it's a ford, and i probably wouldnt buy one, but ya car's nice as mate". But I've also had idiotic commodore drivers, who cant even appreciate another nice commodore because it may not have forced induction or is a second slower than their flogged out VLT on the quarter...

There's dicks on both sides, and good people on both sides as far as I'm concerned.
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
Old 11-12-2005, 11:44 PM   #53
buickman
buickman

I suppose you get fools young & old that have got plenty of money to give to the goverment wanting to race on the public roads. I would not put it down to the type of car.

By the way mattri what type of Ford do you drive to blow Gen111 V8 powered SS's away?
Old 11-12-2005, 11:46 PM   #54
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

there are alot of ******** in commodores i agree....holden being arguably more popular than ford, more younger drivers will own a commodore...hence the ******** to commodore driver is probably higher than the ******** to ford driver
or:
amount of younger commodore drivers > amount of younger ford drivers HENCE
amount of ******** commodore drivers > amount of ford ******** drivers

Bias aside though, i find the higher spec models such as VX SS onwards and the newer BA or even AU XR's have less dickheads in them. Perhaps if you can afford a car like that you are more mature and prefer to baby the car a bit more because a) its a lot better in every area than a VS or EL respectively and b) most probably dont own a BA/VZ type of car outright and therefore are paying it off - thus treat it better.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:54 PM   #55
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
I suppose you get fools young & old that have got plenty of money to give to the goverment wanting to race on the public roads. I would not put it down to the type of car.

By the way mattri what type of Ford do you drive to blow Gen111 V8 powered SS's away?
Just cutting in here a bit if i may, but i think the Gen 3's in stock form are a little over rated. Now dont get me wrong i love my LS1. But let me tell you a stock gen 3 can be had by many. Their top end is fantastic, and they are relatively light in a commodore body, but its not until you fiddle with them (eg edit and what not) that they really fill that hole in bottom end torque. They are renouned for lacking down low and i have seen a fair few dyno's of monaro's read 165rwkw and there abouts. On the flip side, i have seen the same car go to 225rwkw with a maffless tune and no other mods. With tinkering they are great which is why i bought one. Left stock they are still quick but far from unbeatable, let alone from a set of lights.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:05 AM   #56
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Lets not turn this into a Holden bashing thread
Sure, there are the drivers who are idiots on the road as you have mentioned, but there are lots others as well that drive other types also, even Fords. Depends on the person, not the car
There are plenty of top people out there who drive Holdens, and dont deserve to be put under the same banner
Well said, id agree the driver not the car, i know some great guys who drive holdens and they are in no way stupid about how they drive and love thier cars just as much as any of us.

i get people in all types tring to drag me and they are usually old crapped out heaps of all makes.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:27 AM   #57
Franky
Bring back the Phase

What is is with people posting crap?Is it just me or do these useless posts keep apprearing every second day. It is pointless wasting time arguing about this. I see idiots driving GT's around but I don't feel like saying 'gee all Ford V8 drivers suck'. Same as saying young people are all hoons, because I know a lot of young people who would never speed and i've seen those who do it regualry.

If someone wants to drag you just tell them your not interested and 80% of the time they'll just speed off reguardless. If they give you trouble go to a gym
Old 12-12-2005, 12:34 AM   #58
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Eh i dont really care what people say on here. I know what i see and i know what kind of people try and intimidate me while im in the car. I can safely say that by far the majority of d!ckheads i see on the road that try and "run" me are commodore drivers. I know that there are fools in all makes of cars. But gee... its funny how the commodores are alot more noticeable... As soon as they see a Ford badge they have to act like wnkers. Eh. Im just saying what i see.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:18 PM   #59
macca_779
Turbine Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Yes I have seen quite a few idiot Ford driver's as well ... but the percentage of idiots that driver Ford/Holdens is 10/90 respectively. I do a lot of kilometres around Sydney and all of the suburbs for work ... and ai see a hell of a lot of idiot drivers out there ... and I have to truthfully say ... the majority are the Holden drivers (usually the V8 wannabes).
I agree with your percentage but you also have to remember P Platers tend to own commodores/falcons at a similar percentage.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:35 PM   #60
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Recent experience has taught me to be aware of Magna drivers, I dont know what it is but everytime at the traffic lights they try and drag. I know it doesnt make sense and I dont even bother but it is amusing and if they enjoy it, so good luck to them.

Actually heard and saw 4 nice old GT's cruising SE freeway (M1) Friday night and they were slowing down then accelerating to exactly 100Kmh ;) Very nice note and great looking cars

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
Closed Thread