Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #31
deathlucky
Awesome Member

R32 gts non turbo
deathlucky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #32
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

I notice you say you think you were doing 80kmhr?? Only chance you have of getting out of it is if you weren't speeding.. And seeing as it will be your word against the truck driver it could be interesting.. I hope for your sake you went seeking legal help straight after the accident..

Cheers,
Nik..
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #33
XR8putts

What was the speed limit of the road you were traveling on? Important piece of info that.

Not being able to afford new tires is no excuse I'm sorry. Like others have said, accept the loss, cop whatever penalty is given because it sounds like you deserve it (no offence) but more importantly, learn a lesson.

Pity it was an R32, my first car was an R32 GTS-T Coupe.. I still regret selling it.
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2007, 08:02 PM   #34
LUXO_8
windsor user

ok......if the tyres were no good, and you've only had the car a few weeks, was it registered and do you have a roadworthy certificate?........ is that why you're going to be walking?

if you have a roadworthy certificate, and the tyres are as bad as you say they were, the RWC tester needs his behind kicked, but if they were deemed safe by the tester and the car does have a RWC, you dont have a leg to stand on
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #35
prydey
Rob

there is still info missing.

the info given is not enough to go to court. if it was a 80 zone and he hit a truck pulling out of a driveway then it doesn't matter what tyres are on the car as long as there is minimum tread on them!

obviously there is some other reason why he is going to court and it has nothing to do with hitting a truck.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2007, 09:39 PM   #36
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
ok......if the tyres were no good, and you've only had the car a few weeks, was it registered and do you have a roadworthy certificate?........ is that why you're going to be walking?

if you have a roadworthy certificate, and the tyres are as bad as you say they were, the RWC tester needs his behind kicked, but if they were deemed safe by the tester and the car does have a RWC, you dont have a leg to stand on
Thats what i was thinking, because a RWC is valid for 28 days, and if the tyres were shagged when it went through roady, you might have something...
As for whoever asked what charges, Im pretty sure in ANY traffic accident you get charged with careless driving...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2007, 09:51 PM   #37
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd like to know the FULL story. If as he says the truck came out of the driveway,I can't see as to why he is even going to court. As the driver of the truck has not entered a roadway with safety.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 01:30 AM   #38
damo03
BBQ gas User

Mate...Regardless of the quality of the tyres...as long as you were not speeding, it should be the trucks fault, as he did not give way when entering traffic. If you were speeding then part of the fault may be given to you. 18m of skid marks from 80kph can still leave you going fast enough to write off a skyline ( especially when hitting a solid object). It doesn't take much speed to write a car off when hitting a solid rear end of a truck!

If your tyres aren't roadworthy then you may be partially to blame as well.

If your tyres are matching and roadworthy, and you were not speeding then I would be fighting to not lose your licence from what you have told us.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:47 AM   #39
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
Are you talking about a pink slip?

I don't know where he is but if its in NSW the car could have passed rego with decent tyres and then been sold to him at a later date with unroadworthy tyres. If thats the case its not really the mechanic that passed it for rego's fault.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 02:51 AM   #40
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

i know for some things you can get a work licence in QLD that allow you to travel to and from work,not sure about other states.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:21 AM   #41
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 

Mate........time to get yourself a pushy and work off some meat pies ;) Where there's a will there's a way.

I lost my licence for 2 months and rode my bike 35km to work...one way.

Definitely agree that it can sometimes work in your favour to be honest with the judge and they may throw you a leniency ticket for being honest and showing true remorse instead of trying to wangle out using lame excuses........but I don't know what happended so can't comment too much. The prior suspension will hurt though.

Any answers to the above questions? Speedzone? Charges laid? Scenario?

Was your Skyline insured?

TruBlu351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 08:49 AM   #42
kim and james
FG G6E in Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathlucky
im a welder by trade and since i cant get to work by public transport so early i cant do my job and im having trouble finding other jobs in the same field
With all due respect I am find it hard to believe that a welder is having trouble finding a job they are in very high demand at the moment. Sorry to add that in but I thought it a bit different from "how fast you were really going" and "what was the speed limit". Sounds like you're screwed but get some legals though, my son paid a grand and saved his a$$ from 12 months of walking. Love your lack of punctuation !!!
Old 11-11-2007, 09:41 AM   #43
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8
I'd like to know the FULL story. If as he says the truck came out of the driveway,I can't see as to why he is even going to court. As the driver of the truck has not entered a roadway with safety.
I'am confused as well. The truck is in the wrong pulling out onto a road from a driveway even if you are a bit over the speed limit you should only cop a speeding fine unless your well over the speed limit or is more to what you have let on.
If you have insurance it should cover the big costs with only a insurance penalty surcharge.

I personally think blaming the tyres is a poor excuse.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 11:23 AM   #44
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

What I would like to know is : WHO is wanting you to go to court?
Are you being charged or is this the insurance company of the truck or your insurance comapny?

The only thing I can see is it is the Trucks insurance comapny trying to get an apportionment of blame to you, because on the surface it looks like a clear cut failure to give way on the trucks part.

I imagine they are tring to say due to circumstances they are not 100% liable and getting a court to maybe appoint a 70/30 split or something like that.
By saying your speed and driving amount to contributing negligence.

By getting an apportionment it lowers thier liabilty and increases yours.

How it works is this.

Your damage + Thier Damage
They then spilt that figure to the approriate to the awarded apportion.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #45
deathlucky
Awesome Member

no its the cops I'm being charged with driving with out due care the guy i hit isn't going to touch me because he did the same thing so some 1 else the week before
Old 11-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #46
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so what was the speed limit on that road?... you don't seem to be telling the full story.. as many people have already said...

how about you recontruct the incident for us?... tell us what happened.. and how it happened?.. you might find when people know the full story... they are more likely to be able to assist you with your enquiries...
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 01:03 PM   #47
deathlucky
Awesome Member

ok i came around a corner at about 30 because the corner is and you cant take it fast then when up the road a truck pulled out of a drive way infront of me i hit the front of the truck thats it the reason i think im going to get killed in court is that i have had 8 other tickets and 2 license suspensions in the pass 2 years
Old 11-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #48
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

so you were going 30 around a corner and sped up to 80, whereby you hit the truck?

I am guessing residential area, 50km/hr limit. If it has 30 recommended corners it isn't an 80 zone.
20-30km/hr over. Then how was the truck meant to judge properly whether they could pull out or not.

Yep driving without due care sounds about right.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #49
kempster1

Quote:
ok i came around a corner at about 30 because the corner is and you cant take it fast then when up the road a truck pulled out of a drive way infront of me i hit the front of the truck thats it the reason i think im going to get killed in court is that i have had 8 other tickets and 2 license suspensions in the pass 2 years
Sounds like you should not not have a licence anyway..
kempster1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #50
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
This surprised me, have a look at these sites (and there are others). They are only guesstimates.
http://www.e-z.net/~ts/speedch.htm
http://www.harristechnical.com/skid33.htm
On a level concrete road 18m skidmarks seem to indicate a speed of around 60kmh.

As a disclaimer some of the commonly accepted braking distances (like those in The Bosch Book) look way too long. They claim 320m to stop from 200kmh (excluding driver reaction time). The stopping distances for some of the sporty cars quoted in the German rag Auto Motor & Sport easily beat this. I can easily knock off 100kmh when braking at or after the 100m mark from close to 200kmh when I am on a race track in my road car with R-spec tyres.
Many errors, assumptions and technicalities - generalisations.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #51
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
8 infringements and 2 suspensions in 2 years??!! how long have you held a licence? Sounds like something isnt getting through.. id say 12 months is is light on given your recent form..

Old 11-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #52
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get Maxxis MA-Z1... it's the official tyres of the Australian Ford Forum.

Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #53
Whazthisname
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempster1
Sounds like you should not not have a licence anyway..
Yeah I'd agree with that.

It'd all depend on what the speed limit was because if you weren't excessively speeding the truck failed to give way pulling out of the driveway but if it was a 50 - 60 zone I don't think you'll have a leg to stand on
Whazthisname is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #54
buickman
buickman

Quote:
over 7g so far and after seeing my family and friend and my mum in tears i have learnt my lesson im not after sympathy i deserved to be punished
Your poor mum you must be giving her absolute heartache.When this drama is over you really want to take a step back and look at what your actions are doing to those that care about you.

My younger brother would not learn his lesson with being caught speeding and drink driving and with a suspended licence 5 times in 2 years also nearly killing himself and others. The judge and rightly so gave him a 6 months stint in Glenn Innes correctional and 22 years loss of licence which he still appealling against and after that 2 years of probation. So if your not going to learn now it could be a bleak future for being able to legally drive on public roads
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 07:21 PM   #55
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Red face

two, possible 3 things hard aginst you ATM.
1) you were driving a skyline, not being mean here, but it all comes down to one word, Stereotype.
2) + your driving history tells a thousand stories.
3) Age ?? how old are you??

ALSO, with you driving history,
Quote:
8 infringements and 2 suspensions in 2 years??!!
Do you even have insurance???
It seems you do really need to ride a push bike on the road for 12mths, another road users perspecitive might do you some good.
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #56
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So you sold your ralliart magna?

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #57
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
In that case, I think it would be better for all the other road users that you are suspended. 8 tickets and 2 suspensions in 2 years?!
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post