Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #31
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: FG2 FPV December Arrival

Cant get XR6 Ecolpi with luxury pack.. it no longer exists.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #32
Lima

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Cant get XR6 Ecolpi with luxury pack.. it no longer exists.
seriously? That's balls. What options are there? Dealers obviously don't know what they're talking about then...
Lima is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #33
krzysiek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima
I'm just hoping that what i order will be around..XR6 EcoLPi with lux pack, not too fussy on colours at this stage - so if there's one around i'll snap it up.

...Time it takes to put on the 3 piece lid? Jerks. hahaha
Have you bought it with the lux pack already? So XR6 LPi does come with Lux pack then?
krzysiek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #34
krzysiek

Ah nevermind, I see my answers now above :(

If there's no lux pack, plus the fact that they don't come with the standard 18's like the Petrol XR6 - that's enough to make me look at something else, possibly. Not going to get a G6 or G6E, I wanted the sportier look with the lux pack - sucks if they don't sell it like that.
krzysiek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #35
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Its because you cannot option 18 or 19 inch wheels on LPI, now the car already has the colour screen you really only need to option leather.

XR6 LPI has leather / camera option and thats about all now.
Old 22-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #36
Johnnyboy

I'm really annoyed. Ford either need to rejig the luxury pack or pull the items out as individual options.

I don't care about the bigger wheels in the option pack, but could really use an integrated satnav. Even optioning the premium audio would have been good. But Ford says no with the LPI.

And then if you want the cab/chassis, you can't get the premium pack at all! So it's back to buying the styleside, taking the tray off and making the ute that Ford wont make for you.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #37
Lima

Quote:
Its because you cannot option 18 or 19 inch wheels on LPI, now the car already has the colour screen you really only need to option leather.

Satnav/sound upgrade? I was told its part of a pack...granted it may be something that dealer is doing independently, but are they available?
Lima is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #38
redman

Quote:

I am a bit peeved about the luxury pack too. The current charriot is a G6 EGas with the 'tech pack' that includes the integrated reverse camera. I want a FGMk2, but I want the integrated camera and EcoLPI. It would seem the only way to get this is to go a G6E. I don't care about the wheels (or leather), but once you have had an integrated camera, you should not have to go back.

Yes, there is an optional camera, but it is a dealer fit - not integrated.
redman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #39
Johnnyboy

It seems all Ford need to do is take the bigger wheels out of the "Luxury Pack". Not sure when bigger wheels were a luxury item anyway...

Put the bigger wheels in a "Sports Pack", or maybe just make them a single choice option, same as satnav.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #40
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman
I am a bit peeved about the luxury pack too. The current charriot is a G6 EGas with the 'tech pack' that includes the integrated reverse camera. I want a FGMk2, but I want the integrated camera and EcoLPI. It would seem the only way to get this is to go a G6E. I don't care about the wheels (or leather), but once you have had an integrated camera, you should not have to go back.

Yes, there is an optional camera, but it is a dealer fit - not integrated.
Is the camera not optional on ECO Lpi XR6??

I cant see it not being, with OHS the way it is you need as much protection as you can get.
Old 23-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #41
partsguy
Fan of torque steer

I'm pretty sure the code sheets say the camera is optional on any sedan with a colour screen, which in turn in standard on everything XR/G6 and above and optional on XT..
partsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #42
redman

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsguy
I'm pretty sure the code sheets say the camera is optional on any sedan with a colour screen, which in turn in standard on everything XR/G6 and above and optional on XT..
I just checked the Ford website and confirmed that for FG MkII, the reverse camera is standard only on G6E & G6ET. It is optional on XR6 with luxury pack. The 'other' camera is a dealer fit option that seems to use a different rear view mirror.
redman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #43
partsguy
Fan of torque steer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman
I just checked the Ford website and confirmed that for FG MkII, the reverse camera is standard only on G6E & G6ET. It is optional on XR6 with luxury pack. The 'other' camera is a dealer fit option that seems to use a different rear view mirror.
I stand corrected. The website and codesheet both say that.
partsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post