Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #31
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Quick help on Price before I buy today

I think you have made it obvious to them that you really like the car. As I understand, you have returned to them twice regarding the same car.

If you are not in a rush to buy then keep looking, if you want that car, and it's all you desire then pay the price and have the car you want.

If it was a few grand more and they knocked off $1500 would you have then still bought it (ie, at the sticker price it has now?)

I know what you mean regarding the price, yes, generally everyone expects a little room to haggle. Perhaps pay the sticker price 'on the road' and get a few goodies thrown in.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #32
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just buy it, its a steal at that price with luxury pack. Dont miss out on a car with everything you want for the sake of $500.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #33
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

especially if you end up getting a slightly less optioned car at a slightly better price, then end up paying MORE money in the long run to get it how you want.

;)
Old 24-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #34
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
When you agree on a final price, they will walk off to 'refer it to the manager' where they will sit in his / her office and watch you sweat for 5 or so minutes...

They will come back asking for 'your help to get it over the line' and add another few hundred to the last price.

If they do this, stand up and walk away.. it is a very, very common ploy because most won't be arsed to go through the whole 'experience' again at another dealer.
They sure do. They did that to me when I picked up my new car a few weeks ago. I knew what I wanted to pay and they said they couldn't reach it. Was halfway out the door before they called me back.

I'd maybe wait a couple of days, end of month they want to move as much stock as possible. I went in at 4pm on the 28th of Feb and before 5pm I had a new car at the price I wanted to pay.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #35
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Hmmmm... Hard one now.
I mean if you go back after them refusing to budge they'll know they've gotcha!.. Almost tail between the legs stuff.
I think it's now just a matter of how badly you want THIS one?
It's your preferred colour, options etc.
The old heart Vs pocket dilemma?
Personally, I'd sleep on it.. Even give it til next week. See if they get back to you, let them chase YOU.
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #36
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For what its worth........

Sometimes dealers advertise cars at cost, just to move them. (just look at a GT demo i have in my thread) The internet has changed the way we do business, its makes just about every car available to you at the click of a mouse. If its not competitively priced, guess what, no enquiry! Most are over stocked at the moment and if they are prepared to let you walk for $500, then let me assure you have the best deal!

I completely understand you wanting to have a win on price, everyone does, i love a crunch with whatever i buy! however there are times when the first deal offered is the best you will get!
5 minutes after taking delivery, the $500 or whatever will be insignificant even more so a few years down the track!

Looking at the car your buying, its actually a pretty good deal, and XR turbo's with lux packs arn't that common... im sure if they operate like us, demos get written back every month, we depreciate cars like every other business (18% per year) so it will get cheaper, but it will also get used more, bottom line for you is, do you take the punt and wait.....someone else could buy it... there will always be another one eventually... mabye not what you want, but close!..... its up to you!

My advice... buy the damm thing and enjoy it!

NB: I am in no way affiliated with the dealer in question! In fact i wish i had a car for you! Enjoy!
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #37
iliov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
Hmmmm... Hard one now.
I mean if you go back after them refusing to budge they'll know they've gotcha!.. Almost tail between the legs stuff.
I think it's now just a matter of how badly you want THIS one?
It's your preferred colour, options etc.
The old heart Vs pocket dilemma?
Personally, I'd sleep on it.. Even give it til next week. See if they get back to you, let them chase YOU.
I decided im going to wait until monday and if they don't call me Ill let it go.
I have half finance and half cash and was really ready to buy the car today. The guy spoke to me as if I was some kind of time waster. As said the car will only depreciate futher. I do want the car but im not going to "Chase" it. Thats the dealers job, to chase me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
For what its worth........

Sometimes dealers advertise cars at cost, just to move them. (just look at a GT demo i have in my thread) The internet has changed the way we do business, its makes just about every car available to you at the click of a mouse. If its not competitively priced, guess what, no enquiry! Most are over stocked at the moment and if they are prepared to let you walk for $500, then let me assure you have the best deal!

I completely understand you wanting to have a win on price, everyone does, i love a crunch with whatever i buy! however there are times when the first deal offered is the best you will get!
5 minutes after taking delivery, the $500 or whatever will be insignificant even more so a few years down the track!

Looking at the car your buying, its actually a pretty good deal, and XR turbo's with lux packs arn't that common... im sure if they operate like us, demos get written back every month, we depreciate cars like every other business (18% per year) so it will get cheaper, but it will also get used more, bottom line for you is, do you take the punt and wait.....someone else could buy it... there will always be another one eventually... mabye not what you want, but close!..... its up to you!

My advice... buy the damm thing and enjoy it!

NB: I am in no way affiliated with the dealer in question! In fact i wish i had a car for you! Enjoy!
Thanks for the input but as said earlier everyone expects a bit of movement. I highly doubt that price is as low as they would go, whats the incentive in buying the car other than the car itself. Everyone wants to think they are getting some "special" deal.
iliov is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #38
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliov
whats the incentive in buying the car other than the car itself. Everyone wants to think they are getting some "special" deal.
Understand completely, you buy whatever you see as value for money. If you are prepared to walk away and wait for the next one! Good for you, like i said, keep hunting, eventually something always turns up! but i think my point is.... is $500 or even a grand really worth it? "IF" its the car you really want!

Last edited by phoonfan; 24-03-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 24-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #39
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
So if that's the case, just give the man the discount???????????

And they're called a DEALER, not a NO-DEALER
Old 24-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #40
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
I would think if Andrew had a car that would suit the OP the deal would be already done, Etheridge Ford deal well.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #41
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Its obvious thats as low as they want to go. The car is a bargain, its basically a G6ET (but with LSD) someone else will pick that up at that price, in fact this thread is probably good advertising for it.

I actually wish the dealers did this more often, put their lowest price on the web, you see it, your happy, sign the papers and drive away with it that afternoon. A lot of time sales negotiations are about ego and ****, fighting over the last couple of hundred dollars- imagine avoiding that with a bargain price upfront?
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #42
iliov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Its obvious thats as low as they want to go. The car is a bargain, its basically a G6ET (but with LSD) someone else will pick that up at that price, in fact this thread is probably good advertising for it.
Lmao don't say that haha. Hopefully I get a call from Chris on Monday. (the bloke I was originally dealing with) He was away on annual leave this week. But as he reports to the person I talked with today I don't think much will change. Much of a muchness
Old 24-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #43
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Thats really up to the dealer in question, and what the car owes them!
No question it will get cheaper, and like anything that is for sale, its only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it... but the seller has to agree!

If the OP's prepared to let it go or wait for something else, then thats the power of the consumer!
Old 24-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #44
doktoravalanche

It's a good price! Sterling ford are usually very competitive if not the most competitive, certainly when talking XR's of all the Ford dealers in Victoria when it comes to floor stock.
doktoravalanche is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #45
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Well it is the cheapest Turbo with luxury pack, the only cars cheaper are stockos around the 39 kay mark..

Id buy it, tell them to chuck in mats and light covers... You wont get a turbo with luxury pack for that price all day everyday.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #46
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
I actually wish the dealers did this more often, put their lowest price on the web, you see it, your happy, sign the papers and drive away with it that afternoon. A lot of time sales negotiations are about ego and ****, fighting over the last couple of hundred dollars- imagine avoiding that with a bargain price upfront?
You'd be surprised how often this actually happens!
Old 25-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #47
iliov
Banned

You guys are making me want to go back there tomorrow and buy the car. lol
Old 25-03-2011, 01:25 AM   #48
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well if you don't then when you do buy something come back and tell us what it is and how much cos it will be a ripper of a deal at this rate. Sidenote : in the add it specifies two different size wheels, 18s and 19s. I think if they are std then they will be 18s wont they? Good luck with it.
Old 25-03-2011, 02:22 AM   #49
iliov
Banned

18's are standard. 19s are optional or they come with the luxury pack.

Tomorrow I'm going to go to courtney and Patterson Heidelberg to see what they can do. They have the same car as the one I looked at today. Albeit it's 46.5k. Hopefully there is some decent movement.
Old 25-03-2011, 07:19 AM   #50
JETME

Just placed order on a Brand new 2011 XR6T manual sedan, luxury pack, reverse sens, reverse cam, tints, drive away $47,100. there is lots of movement in these cars
JETME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #51
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliov
Tomorrow I'm going to go to courtney and Patterson Heidelberg to see what they can do. They have the same car as the one I looked at today. Albeit it's 46.5k. Hopefully there is some decent movement.
if they knock $3500.00 off the price would you buy it, considering they are giving you a discount and making you feel special. if you did, you would still be paying the same as if you bought the original one you looked at, so basically you would've saved nothing.

Quote:

the dealer knows that someone else will pay sticker price for it. it is a good deal. most dealers know the market better than the consumer.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #52
ltd
Force Fed Fords

It's a bargain. Wait until Monday when Chris gets back, and give him a call.

Quote: