Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #31
zak88
FG GT

ford marketing would be crazy if they don't come up with a big advertising for the FG being the safest Australian manufactured car ever.
zak88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 07:51 PM   #32
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"In a day and age where there are more Toyota drivers than ever, safety is important to us, as well as your family. You never know what moron will hit you.
Ford has answered, and delivered with the safest Australian car ever...5 star safety-rating. Count the stars...1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Five stars!

If you don't buy a new Falcon, you clearly don't care about your family."

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 08:07 PM   #33
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is great news! that should definatly help the sales figures, as long as ford lets everyone know about it!
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #34
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
But it won't happen cos Ford don't know how to market.

Unfortunately you are 100% right but I hope to stand corrected.
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #35
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Just watched the news and it wasn't mentioned, well maybe they'll say something on Wednesday after the official ANCAP release.

Beautiful Photography Blog

2003 BA XT
IMPCO SVI - TYPHOON CAI +XR6T snorkel - K&N Panel Filter - DBA Slotties - Tint

1998 Toyota Landcruiser Prado

www.bseries.com.au/alecrain

Quote:
People that drive slower than ME are BAD DRIVERS,
People that drive faster are IDIOTS
alecrain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #36
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the way i look at it is

what is the best way to advertise a product you sell ???
word of mouth is my answer let others blow the trumpet for you

now if ford au jump on this what is likely to happen ??

i can see the headlines now

Ford Australia blowing own horn on safety standard

if i was in the ford marketing dept i would let it go and let the other people that want to blow the horn blow the horn

BIG TIME

just my thoughts on this one

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Jason[98.EL]; 04-08-2008 at 08:57 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 10:32 PM   #37
GT 4eva

marketing now please!!!!!!!!!!!!! and stick it up the other makes about it also!!!
GT 4eva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 10:32 PM   #38
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimus
the way i look at it is

what is the best way to advertise a product you sell ???
word of mouth is my answer let others blow the trumpet for you

now if ford au jump on this what is likely to happen ??

i can see the headlines now

Ford Australia blowing own horn on safety standard

if i was in the ford marketing dept i would let it go and let the other people that want to blow the horn blow the horn

BIG TIME

just my thoughts on this one

If they throw it in the add, where they talk about the features, fuel economy, that the interior has been compared with european cars etc. Then it would be better then an add where they talk about just the safety.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #39
sedgie

Saw this and am not sure what to make of it. Love the way an article entitled 'Falcon safety report premature', still manages to discuss the VE Commodore more so than the falcon. Love to know what Holden are doing to the different media outlets behind closed doors for this sort of attention.

http://editorial.carsales.com.au/car...w/2966246.aspx
sedgie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #40
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice one Sedgie.

Agreed.
Despite the Falcon being superior in almost all areas, they seemed to place doubt on the Falcon's safety and put full confidence into the Commodore's.

All that "real-world" stuff spouted by Holden would be great...except that fecking A-pillar immediately gets rid of any credible claims from them.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 11:26 PM   #41
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford is a safe car has been for a while now . My cousin crashed a ef futura on his L plates rolled the car 4 times and hit a tree roof first both my cousin and aunty walked away (minor injures) Every ses,police,ambo said they were sure it would of been fatal when they turned up . This is the very reason my uncle said he would never by any car other than a ford.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #42
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It will be interesting to see the actual score. Ford has actually previously got within a whisker of 5 stars with the Territory which previously held the honour of the highest Australian car ANCAP rating. Of course the press at the time gave all the credit to the Mitsu 380 whose score was 28.09 out of 37 (it was a 'car' you see whereas the Territory apparently wasn't - well really the Territory is a Ford which is the problem with the press!). The TS Territory scored 31.57/37. How close to 5 stars this was is shown by the 5 star BMW X5 which scored 32.66/37. The VE Omega scored 27.45/37 and Holden's safety star the barina scored 14.9/37!

What interests me more is primary safety. For that we have to look at the Wheels WASP tests and here Ford really comes to the front and Toyota goes to the rear. Not that it matters to the average moron buyer.
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2008, 12:03 AM   #43
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedgie
Saw this and am not sure what to make of it. Love the way an article entitled 'Falcon safety report premature', still manages to discuss the VE Commodore more so than the falcon. Love to know what Holden are doing to the different media outlets behind closed doors for this sort of attention.

http://editorial.carsales.com.au/car...w/2966246.aspx
This was my emailed response to the article

Loved the way you made this article 3/5th Ford, and 2/5th Holden.
And for some reason the Holden content comes off in a better light and at the conclusion of the article (as ed, you would be aware of the significance of the final part of any communication).

This is a big deal for the local industry, and one that the two biggest (Toyota/GM) car brands in the world have NOT been able to deliver in AU.
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2008, 12:53 AM   #44
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

in the article the Holden guy seems to insinuate the ancap test does`nt cover the other area`s of the car it appears to be, excuse the pun (DAMAGE CONTROL) on his part.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2008, 03:37 AM   #45
Jayden
Graphic Artist

The unofficial australian safety test.

Driver survives +1
driver dies -2
has side airbag +5
side airbag fails half the time -0
is ford -1
is holden +1
beats mysterious merc benchmark +10
Old 05-08-2008, 07:07 AM   #46
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
It will be interesting to see the actual score. Ford has actually previously got within a whisker of 5 stars with the Territory which previously held the honour of the highest Australian car ANCAP rating. Of course the press at the time gave all the credit to the Mitsu 380 whose score was 28.09 out of 37 (it was a 'car' you see whereas the Territory apparently wasn't - well really the Territory is a Ford which is the problem with the press!). The TS Territory scored 31.57/37. How close to 5 stars this was is shown by the 5 star BMW X5 which scored 32.66/37. The VE Omega scored 27.45/37 and Holden's safety star the barina scored 14.9/37!

What interests me more is primary safety. For that we have to look at the Wheels WASP tests and here Ford really comes to the front and Toyota goes to the rear. Not that it matters to the average moron buyer.
I alluded to your point about the territory new2ford in my earlier post, teh territory really is a 4.5 star car IMO. .Also worth noting that the TS had curtain airbag while the TX didn't if i remember correctly.....hence it was a 4 star car. The TS did come damn close though....close enough that another car on another day might just have clinched it....almost within testing error i would have thought.

Holden is in damage control frankly....the decision to put the 6 airbags standard (and not just match ford with side airbags on low spec) seemed like overkill to me so maybe Holden was just preparing for this outcome. Either way the comment that VE can be 'made' 5 star capable is ridiculous IMO....you would need to make some significant changes to attain this since as i noted the VE has issues in other, non curtain airbag related areas.

If Holden added a seat belt minder and then did the test again, including the pole test, the VE MIGHT get 5 stars, but it would have to improve on its previous results in leg injuries....it had 2 point deducted off this test area due to unsafe results (VZ had one point deducted, niether BA or Territory lost any points here). If this is just a case of new adsorbing dash plastics or something it coudl do it, but this would cost money i suspect Holden isn't willing to spend. Traditionally until all new models (or very significantly upgraded) are launched safety scores don't change much. Otherwise Ford would have just tweaked Territory to get it over the line......

Finally, i still think it is pretty damning that Holden didn't get 5 stars (at least for high spec variants) at launch...given the big marketing coup over Falcon which had no chance of matching it until FG, i think they knew damn well it wasn't going to get 5 stars. And that includes high spec variants, otherwise they would have surely made them available to test for advertising purposes. I would be very surprised if the VE gets 5 stars ever....would need a new body design for that..... :
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2008, 07:35 AM   #47
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman88
I alluded to your point about the territory new2ford in my earlier post, teh territory really is a 4.5 star car IMO. .Also worth noting that the TS had curtain airbag while the TX didn't if i remember correctly.....hence it was a 4 star car. The TS did come damn close though....close enough that another car on another day might just have clinched it....almost within testing error i would have thought.

Holden is in damage control frankly....the decision to put the 6 airbags standard (and not just match ford with side airbags on low spec) seemed like overkill to me so maybe Holden was just preparing for this outcome. Either way the comment that VE can be 'made' 5 star capable is ridiculous IMO....you would need to make some significant changes to attain this since as i noted the VE has issues in other, non curtain airbag related areas.

If Holden added a seat belt minder and then did the test again, including the pole test, the VE MIGHT get 5 stars, but it would have to improve on its previous results in leg injuries....it had 2 point deducted off this test area due to unsafe results (VZ had one point deducted, niether BA or Territory lost any points here). If this is just a case of new adsorbing dash plastics or something it coudl do it, but this would cost money i suspect Holden isn't willing to spend. Traditionally until all new models (or very significantly upgraded) are launched safety scores don't change much. Otherwise Ford would have just tweaked Territory to get it over the line......

Finally, i still think it is pretty damning that Holden didn't get 5 stars (at least for high spec variants) at launch...given the big marketing coup over Falcon which had no chance of matching it until FG, i think they knew damn well it wasn't going to get 5 stars. And that includes high spec variants, otherwise they would have surely made them available to test for advertising purposes. I would be very surprised if the VE gets 5 stars ever....would need a new body design for that..... :
All true but the marketing department won't have much trouble convincing the sheep that VE is easily made 5 star by adding a warning light and not undergoing the test again.These guys are good.Otherwise wouldn't they have supplied a car this time around for the side impact tests.
Mercury 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #48
ltd
Force Fed Fords

From the carsales.com link

"In the marketplace, people look at the Commodore and the safety features it offers... and realise it's a very safe vehicle."

Lindsay believes that, given the VE Commodore's migration to six airbags earlier this year, the difference between the current four-star rating and a future five-star rating might be something as inconsequential as a passenger-seatbelt reminder, although Lindsay hastens to add he's not saying it's just as simple as that.

"I was led to believe that that is one thing that would stop us getting a five-star [rating] now."

Of course, the one mitigating factor that has been overlooked and can never be engineered out of the car is the Bogan factor. No matter what they do, Bogans will attempt to be the next Mark Skaife and still suffer needlessly at the behest of the Holden marketing company. Presumably, the same fans of the commo believe that Meat Pies are primarily made of meat. Holdens wrap around trees better.

Quote: