Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-02-2008, 10:25 PM   #31
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

On the topic of the Hilux TRD, I'm not too certain what happened with it as they were getting ready for delivery, but something happened at Toyota and the mainstream dealers ended up with a bunch of Hilux "Special Editions" that were supposed to be TRD's.. all V6 with specs based on SR and SR5 Hiluxes without a few things like the alloy rear step and the alloy wheels..
Old 03-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #32
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Her answer would be "Go back to Ford and get the Territory Turbo Ghia, why are you wasting $10000 on an engine upgrade and red brakes.....nag........nag......nag"

4Vman, the F6X was never aimed at well heeled wives. They will aim lower at TTG or just plain Territory Ghia, or higher up at Q7, X5, M Class. Trust me, I know........... :

F6X was/is aimed at either the one car families (with an FPV male wanting the weekend toy option), or an older male with FPV in his sights, but a stiff back stopping him stooping into the car. Don't laugh, my old man is scenario 2, and never drives his F6 anymore :- The TTG is the best car he has ever owned, and he was going to merge them both into a new F6X.......until I showed him the BMS photo's that is.

Daniel
The BMW/Merc SUV's are classy tasteful refined looking vehicles, they don't have big spoilers, skirts, stripes or racey bumpers...
The main target for the F6X is IMO the 2 car family where one vehicle must be able to tow, carry 4-5 passengers frequently, travel on dirt or poorly maintained roads occasionally and carry allot of luggage.. Otherwise why would you buy an SUV when a GT or F6 would be better..
There are 2 votes at buy time, but Dad knows Mum won't tollerate a "bogan mobile" if she has to drive it because it doesnt look good when she picks the kids up after school in front of the other mums..
Dad has a company car but still wants something above average for the family/weekender duties.. but Mum spends most of the time driving it.. that's the Performance SUV market to a T.
This is also why i believe its modestly styled..... because Mum has to like it too, and FPV know it....

Old 03-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #33
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

You're right 4Vman, but as a person who wanted to give constructive criticism about the styling of the F6X, I'd have to say it wasn't about kits or spoilers. 19" wheels and scalloped headlights was all I was thinking to give it the edge... Still subtle.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #34
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
You're right 4Vman, but as a person who wanted to give constructive criticism about the styling of the F6X, I'd have to say it wasn't about kits or spoilers. 19" wheels and scalloped headlights was all I was thinking to give it the edge... Still subtle.
I agree.. the wheels are a let-down, i think the car could be improved with better wheels as an option.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #35
Falcon Freak
Banned

How many F6Xs have been sold to date? Have any of you take one for a serious test drive?

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 11:27 PM   #36
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
The BMW/Merc SUV's are classy tasteful refined looking vehicles, they don't have big spoilers, skirts, stripes or racey bumpers...
The main target for the F6X is IMO the 2 car family where one vehicle must be able to tow, carry 4-5 passengers frequently, travel on dirt or poorly maintained roads occasionally and carry allot of luggage.. Otherwise why would you buy an SUV when a GT or F6 would be better..
There are 2 votes at buy time, but Dad knows Mum won't tollerate a "bogan mobile" if she has to drive it because it doesnt look good when she picks the kids up after school in front of the other mums..
Dad has a company car but still wants something above average for the family/weekender duties.. but Mum spends most of the time driving it.. that's the Performance SUV market to a T.
This is also why i believe its modestly styled..... because Mum has to like it too, and FPV know it....
We agree on principal here on what Mum will/wont drive, but what I am saying is that if:

Mum needs a car for her to do the rounds at school and the shops: Territory Ghia.

Mum needs a car for her to do the rounds at school and the shops, Dad needs a weekend toy but cannot afford XR6T/XR8/F6/GT as well: Turbo Territory Ghia.

Who needs: F6X????

Not everyone who buys an SUV is going to be a mum with kids to drop. And for those that need a COMPROMISE, there is the TTG. But there are STILL plenty of Ford performance diehards for who an Uber SUV is in demand.

Now that FPV have gone soft on the F6X, there is no provision for a performance SUV from Ford now. No answer to AMG ML63, Cayenne S (or Turbo), X5 4.8is or even Touareg R50. I for one do not have 120-160K to buy one of the above, and buying an F6X feels no different to a TTG from where I stand.

An ML63 however......

We all have different opinions, but I think that FPV have not developed, promoted and differentiated the F6X as well as a performance division should have.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 11:30 PM   #37
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
average for the family/weekender duties.. but Mum spends most of the time driving it.. that's the Performance SUV market to a T.

I think the Dad would have a hard time convincing mum that the F6-X is $10000 better the a TTG
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #38
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
We agree on principal here on what Mum will/wont drive, but what I am saying is that if:

Mum needs a car for her to do the rounds at school and the shops: Territory Ghia.

Mum needs a car for her to do the rounds at school and the shops, Dad needs a weekend toy but cannot afford XR6T/XR8/F6/GT as well: Turbo Territory Ghia.

Who needs: F6X????

Not everyone who buys an SUV is going to be a mum with kids to drop. And for those that need a COMPROMISE, there is the TTG. But there are STILL plenty of Ford performance diehards for who an Uber SUV is in demand.

Now that FPV have gone soft on the F6X, there is no provision for a performance SUV from Ford now. No answer to AMG ML63, Cayenne S (or Turbo), X5 4.8is or even Touareg R50. I for one do not have 120-160K to buy one of the above, and buying an F6X feels no different to a TTG from where I stand.

An ML63 however......

We all have different opinions, but I think that FPV have not developed, promoted and differentiated the F6X as well as a performance division should have.

Daniel
aggree 100% the F6-X is not differnet enough to justify the extra $10000 over a TTG. hell you could buy a TTG and spend $10000 on a talon body kit and or wheels plus a flash tune and some minor breathing mods and have a more unique and better perfoming car then the F6-X
Old 03-02-2008, 11:46 PM   #39
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
19" wheels? Are you sure? The picture doesn't look like it and nor did the car when I saw it at MMS 2007
In the back section of Wheels where they have upcoming models it says the TRD Hilux has 19's.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 11:46 PM   #40
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Bloody poor form from FPV if thats the final overall design
Yeah, it is. They have one on display at the Brisbane Motor Show.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #41
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
hell you could buy a TTG and spend $10000 on a ......
Not to mention the extra 6-8K you will save at buy time, as TTG has been out 18 months and will discount a lot more than the brand new F6X.

To me its not about spending the "real world" 16-18K difference on making the TTG better than the F6X.

Its about buying a product that is 95% as good, and saving over 20% in the process.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 11:59 PM   #42
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Some one brought this up on the territory section.

Quote:
Philosophy

Our goal. Ford Performance Vehicles is far more than just a brand or a name. It's setting and exceeding unequivocal new benchmarks in Australian high-performance motoring. .
  • It must have a distinctive look and feel that accentuates the power and technology found in all FPV vehicles.

prolly a good thing that they arn't exported as they'll...

...its sorta looking like the F6-X is becomming an unfortunate fail for FPV. Lets just hope the whatever comes with the orion range is on the mark.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:11 AM   #43
HSE2

Quote:
Most people who seriously considered this vehicle would have shelled another 5K on it to get the real deal.
Daniel

Daniel.

To me you have hit the home run with what is wrong with FPV at the moment.
The type of people that are running FPV at the moment are salesmen. Excluding Orion they won’t admit there is anything wrong with the product. It won't sell because we (they) network aren't doing a good enough job. So it’s a price issue. It’s a climate issue. It’s an issue other then product worth within the brand they are meant to stand for. When you actually get a presentation regarding the sales numbers and the decline, the obvious simply seems to escape them. It is truly a modern marvel.

They are more proud of getting the product down to a price then the content of the car. That’s normally what you want except that the latest FPV projects haven't exactly called for this approach. It’s a concern FPV haven’t realised this.
Consumers, buyer, commonsense men and women who really do understand the realities of what FPV have to work with are telling them “we are prepared to pay more to get the product where it should be”

Its little stuff that keeps adding up. Introducing performance suspension in the GT40 Cobra and F6 and yet deciding not to include performance seating as part of the package. No that would have added too much to the price. To the enthusiast it’s about dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s within reasonable limits.
I won’t pretend everyone has the same opinion but the people in my circle, owners, and enthusiasts seem to think the same way.

Apparently Rod Barrett did an article where he claimed to want to get back to the basics and back in touch with the buyer base. On hearing this one friend decided to give some constructive critique on his Cobra. The FPV reply was so far out of wack it wasn't funny.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 12:21 AM   #44
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
Its little stuff that keeps adding up. Introducing performance suspension in the GT40 Cobra and F6 and yet deciding not to include performance seating as part of the package. No that would have added too much to the price. To the enthusiast it’s about dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s within reasonable limits.
Very good point. Also noticed the Cobra didn't get special embroidered mats like the 40th and F6R. Again an example of cost cutting and little things like this matter to the enthusiasts.
5.4 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #45
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
The most ridiculous thing is that the TRD Hilux has 19 inch wheels, and FPV say they couldn't find suitable rubber to fit bigger wheels. BS. Just too cheap to do it. You can't tell me Toyota will sell more Hiluxs then FPV will sell F6X's.
I don't understand FPVs statement.

These are 20s and from a Ford company. Wheels make so much of a statement but I maintain any FPV project that has run out of time included in it should have been put on hold.

BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 04-02-2008, 12:26 AM   #46
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO_SP
Very good point. Also noticed the Cobra didn't get special embroidered mats like the 40th and F6R. Again an example of cost cutting and little things like this matter to the enthusiasts.
I believe my "friend" mentioned the mats. Think he has this issue in hand now. I guess it just sounds like people that are never satisfied, but it’s not really like that once you start to listen to what they have to say.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:42 AM   #47
DirtyHarry
Do you feel lucky?

Quote:
Its about buying a product that is 95% as good, and saving over 20% in the process.

Daniel
I think this somes up the situation in a nutshell.
DirtyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #48
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Most people who seriously considered this vehicle would have shelled another 5K on it to get the real deal...
If it ticked all my boxes, I would have been happy to go that extra 5K!

And HSE2 your response to Daniels post is spot on.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 10:06 AM   #49
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
I don't understand FPVs statement.

These are 20s and from a Ford company. Wheels make so much of a statement but I maintain any FPV project that has run out of time included in it should have been put on hold.

As a comparison to show how big a difference, just the littlest change to the lower front bar and a set of wheels (look like Laminge's beasties), can make.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #50
chubbyba
1tuphute

is ford serious? it needs its front bar 2 look meaner, it is ment 2 be apart of fpv yeh? lol. as 4 the strip..meh the trd comes from the gt strip neway i would like 2 see those rims on the xr6 tho, ther not bad
chubbyba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 05:07 PM   #51
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I showed my misses the F6X picture and her exact words were "it needs to look more aggressive".
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 05:48 PM   #52
Rastus
XY,XC,XEx2,XA,EF,AU,BA,XY

Very disappointing design by FPV. Where's the FPV front & rear ends we'd hoped for from the supposed redesign to differentiate it from the TTG? Pretty tight IMO.
I wouldn't have thought it'd be hard to alter bumpers to match other FPV marques.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:56 PM   #53
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

The CGI that Wheels made up a few months ago, would have been a perfect start..... And bloody stripes......Oh dear FPV...... Thats sad. If you were serious about this car, you really would have listened to the public, and done something about it. Instead, you've taken the cheap option, and it shows. The bit that really cheeses me off, is there is bugger all difference (drivetrain aside) between the F6X and a TS Territory.......
FPV have said it themselves in their "philosophy" that NIKKED brought up....And they have failed on this account. :togo:

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 11:18 PM   #54
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO_SP
HAHA

It just gets better and better....

i dont know what that is or where it came from but i can imagine that with a 351 in it.. mmmmm p.s. i love those rims with the red stripe and everything, 80's style!!!
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 11:29 PM   #55
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
i dont know what that is or where it came from but i can imagine that with a 351 in it.. mmmmm p.s. i love those rims with the red stripe and everything, 80's style!!!
Its a leyland p76 Targa Florio. Aussie history!

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 24-06-2008, 11:57 AM   #56
BA-Fan
Formerly SM0KED

Although they never came out in that pink colour - I grew up in a Dark Blue Targa FLORIO!!!! Unreal cars..Me and my brother used to take dads one to Thrash the ABSOLUTE crap out of it. Was very adanced for its time had a 'Land Rover' enspired 4.4 Litre 'All alloy' Pushrod Carb V8. in 74???

I think the Purple colour was called 'Pealmeagrape'
Colours: http://www.webtrade.com.au/p76/archives/colours.htm

They also made a Two door (Only 56 odd produced) called the GET READY FOR THIS:

FORCE7 (FPV??)

Last edited by BA-Fan; 24-06-2008 at 12:09 PM.
BA-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 12:46 AM   #57
GSH
AU2 XR8

i dont think its a copy at all..

PERTH W.A

0406 553 226
GSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2008, 02:24 AM   #58
Jayden
Graphic Artist

hahaha. . T*RD
Old 25-06-2008, 02:36 AM   #59
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

A polished one at that.
Old 25-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #60
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Yep, but at least the F6X is subtle enough to get the deal across the line if hubby really wants a bit more bang for his buck....
Like it or not i believe the F6X is FPV's first real attempt to target the female vote...
This female would slap hubby over the head and drag him in the direction of the Typhoons...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post