Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-04-2006, 05:52 PM   #31
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't have a pic but:

Follow the intake pipe from the airbox... it does 2 doglegs and then enters the throttle body. On top of the throttle body is the ISC it has an electical plug off to the left hand side and a black cap on one end (sorry this is from memory it's a bit vague). It's only held on with 2 bolts, take off the plug and remove the bolts... that's all there is to it. Spary some carby cleaner, put your fingers over the 2 holes, give it a good shake to loosen any buildup inside, repeat if necessary.

The plug is for a motor inside which is controlled by the ECU - it opens and closes it like a tap when needed. It should open up at idle, if there is buildup inside it would make it stick and not respond as fast as it should.

Make sure you plug it back in when you reisntall it.
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #32
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also in your signature it says you have a K&N Panel filter. The oil in oil filters will get sucked into the throttle body and ISC over time so I think it's highly likely this is your problem.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:23 PM   #33
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

the filter is only a month old
Old 05-04-2006, 06:36 PM   #34
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm I reckon give it a go anyway it can't hurt.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #35
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

thanx dude i'll give a go tonight. should be fun. i'm gettin muh new 2.5" exhaust next week! yay! i can't believe FORD wanted $500 for it hwere as i'm getting it hell cheap than that.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:52 PM   #36
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndArdAU
thanx dude i'll give a go tonight. should be fun. i'm gettin muh new 2.5" exhaust next week! yay! i can't believe FORD wanted $500 for it hwere as i'm getting it hell cheap than that.
I'll give it a go tomorrow, too late and dark to do tonight! Thanks for the info. I hope this fixes it, because some carby cleaner and 10 mins works would be a cracker of a fix for such an annoying problem!

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 03:31 AM   #37
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEL
Also in your signature it says you have a K&N Panel filter. The oil in oil filters will get sucked into the throttle body and ISC over time so I think it's highly likely this is your problem.

Apart from pouring more heat into the inlet manifold pipe , thats another reason why im lookin at running the pipe from the rear of rocker cover that goes into the inlet manifold piping -looking at running it into the airbox with an oil catcher inside the airbox ( for any excess spray from the rocker cover hose), mix it with the cooler air in the airbox and not pump it straight into the inlet manifold piping just before the actual throttle body itself . Should also help keep the ISC a bit cleaner of oil build up too from the rockercovers spitout/excess, the oil build up from the K&N filter is another mater if you have 1 ....

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 02:16 PM   #38
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Ok, gave it a go this morning, ran out of carby cleaner! In fact the can was so old, it had the cleaner in it, but had run out of propellant! LOL!

So I got some drops in there, it was pretty dirty, but not all came out.

Bought a new can, gave it a thorough clean and it looks nice and shiny inside now. Had to give it a number of goes though, so I'm guessing it was baked on pretty hard and thick.

Haven't driven again yet, but will be doing so later tonight, may post later.

Cheers,

GK

P.S Thanks for sharing that info with us, even if it's not the cause, I've learnt one more thing (you were right, it was very easy to do) that I don't need to pay someone else to do. :voldar02:
Old 06-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #39
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
possibly due to not doing the "re learning after battery disconection"

theres a tutorial on it on aufalcon.com website..

I've never done that after a service .... or after any added modification to the ute .... and I've never had this issue at all. My ute runs perfectly smooth everytime.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #40
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

My old mans AU1 Auto stalls on take off, shudders and then stalls. could this be due to a clogged fuel pump? how are the ECUs reset in the AUs?
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
HSVETAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #41
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVETAR
My old mans AU1 Auto stalls on take off, shudders and then stalls. could this be due to a clogged fuel pump? how are the ECUs reset in the AUs?
Dude you've already started a thread about this

Check the air filter. Turn the car to ON without starting it and listen for the fuel pump you'll probably hear it if it's having trouble.

Resetting the ECU is just a matter of disconnecting the battery for 1/2 hr, but I'm not sure about the relearn on the AU's. On my EL it is start the engine, put it in neutral 2 mins with a/c off, 2 mins a/c on, put in drive 2 mins with a/c off, 2 mins a/c on then it drives like ИИИИ for a week
Old 06-04-2006, 11:38 PM   #42
GK
Walking with God

Well no joy I'm afraid fellas! It was easy to clean, but the car's still up to it's old tricks.

I think I'm going to change the leads and coil pack. I just stated a thread about this.

Cheers fellas, thanks for the ideas,

GK