Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #31
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoupedy
FArking islander/mairi karnts farrrk off back to that shiiit hole called NZ
we have enough home bred scum don't need to import it
easy mate. Keep the language to a minimum. You wouldnt want to get a warning or worse, banned for stuff like this.

I know what you mean though and agree with the sentiments.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 07-05-2008, 07:09 PM   #32
KenLee
supercarclub.com.au

That's why you gotta pack some heat, my friend.

Sorry, I've been playing GTA IV a lot.

On a more serious note... while I dont believe in karma... I hope the people that did that to you, your gf and your car.. will suffer.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:18 PM   #33
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLee
That's why you gotta pack some heat, my friend.

Sorry, I've been playing GTA IV a lot.

On a more serious note... while I dont believe in karma... I hope the people that did that to you, your gf and your car.. will suffer.

Actually, Speaking of GTA IV. I have been playing it flat out since the accident just killing everyone and smashing up their cars.
Fun stuff!! But I would only ever do it on a video game

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
Old 07-05-2008, 07:57 PM   #34
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

I feel for you mate but please don't generalise all Maoris like that. My mother is Maori and she is the nicest woman you will ever meet, works hard as a nurse and drives her AU XR6 very politely.

When my grandad died from asbestos my grandma gave all the comp payout to charity for helping her over the years. Now she lives on a pension and doesn't regret giving the money away.

What I'm trying to say is don't think all Maori are like that. I made the mistake of blaming the Aboriginals when robbed. Turned out it was white trash.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #35
WindsorXR

I never said anything about generalising Maori's. My father in law has family in New Zealand.
I put them as Maori's in the story to get the point across, that they are damn big and angry looking. It was nothing against them, I was just painting the picture for people.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 07-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #36
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it's not good to see such a nice car get thumped like that

i have seen you around a bit in geelong and always admired how good you car looked

hope all works out with the insurance side of things

if you have witnesses you may also get out of paying your excess

yaw would be the one to talk to on that one

sorry to see your el hurt like that

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #37
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

So when will the do gooders jump on this story and the other one with the shooting, just a few days after the release of GTA4???
Old 07-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #38
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
So when will the do gooders jump on this story and the other one with the shooting, just a few days after the release of GTA4???

nah the common link is cars.......cars make normal sensible people turn into gun toting, road raging lunatics :

what i do find concering is the escalating violence these days, i mean road rage has always existed, and always will, but people need to take a breath.

50th Anniv G6E Turbo in Sensation
Cobalt blue 94 ED XR8 Sprint- resto/ project
Old 07-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #39
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimus
it's not good to see such a nice car get thumped like that

i have seen you around a bit in geelong and always admired how good you car looked

hope all works out with the insurance side of things

if you have witnesses you may also get out of paying your excess

yaw would be the one to talk to on that one

sorry to see your el hurt like that

jason
Might be a bit of a grey area as he backed into the Territory by himself - under extreme duress. Surely the Maoris should be done for road rage on top of tailgating and crossing double lines.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #40
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Seems like a situation that could have easily been avoided. I know you're not technically in the wrong, but you don't have to be in the wrong to get the wrong end of the stick.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #41
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Bloody Ford Drivers, there all the same..................lol

LOL @ only girls drink Fanta...........
Old 07-05-2008, 10:55 PM   #42
punktured

Next time just look at who you're going to be ****ing off 1st :P

Shame about the car though and the fact that people that do things like that never have to face the consequences and will continue acting the way they are!
Old 07-05-2008, 11:06 PM   #43
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

what is this world comming to, i cant belive such things happen in our wonderfull country
Old 07-05-2008, 11:21 PM   #44
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bloody scumbags. I hope karma catches up with them very, very soon. Hopefully you get a decent payout if it is written off. I will now think twice about what I do when people are driving like idiots.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:22 PM   #45
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

What a sad sad world we live in.....You can never be too sure these days, just what appears to be your average joe could be some maniac who is hell bent of ruining someones life.

I'm just dreading the day something like this happens to me or someone close.

I can't get over how this big tough maori went straight for your girlfriend though, that's low and cowardly. But as much as people say "should run him down" "I woulda done this." "rahh rahh" Put in the same situation, that would have done the same as you, which is the best thing in situations like that. If wrecking one car means saving yourself and your girl, then that's nothing, it's just a car in the end. Good on ya mate.

It's definatly time to trim the herd though. Get rid of all this scum.

Stuff like this truely sickens me beyond belief.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:55 PM   #46
WindsorXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
What a sad sad world we live in.....You can never be too sure these days, just what appears to be your average joe could be some maniac who is hell bent of ruining someones life.

I can't get over how this big tough maori went straight for your girlfriend though, that's low and cowardly. But as much as people say "should run him down" "I woulda done this." "rahh rahh" Put in the same situation, that would have done the same as you, which is the best thing in situations like that. If wrecking one car means saving yourself and your girl, then that's nothing, it's just a car in the end. Good on ya mate.

Thats very true mate, Thanks heaps.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 08-05-2008, 12:12 AM   #47
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

You tapped the brakes or brake tested them as they did you?

Obviously ****ed them off enough to highlight their stupidity
Old 08-05-2008, 03:25 AM   #48
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR
No way.

I had an EB wagon that was written off due to the chasis.
Just look how stuffed his rear quarters are. Doubt it'll ever see the road again.

So are those mauri's going to cover the cost of your car?
I didn't notice the damage to the quarter panels. Looked like boot/bumper and scuff down left hand side. I guess it is "off to that great parking lot in the sky". Always said to see one go :(
Old 08-05-2008, 03:47 AM   #49
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

AS they say there's more to this story ??? It could be said, Karma has already stuck ??? Play with fire ...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
Old 08-05-2008, 09:35 AM   #50
swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fantastic_Ford
So you're telling me if a cop witnessed you 'brake testing' someone there'd be no dramas? What if someone died because you 'lawfully applied your breaks' (aka 'brake tested' them) would you not get in any trouble? Hitting the brakes isnt necessarily unlawful, but surely commonsense comes into play at some point.
commonsence isnt a law, the cop couldn't charge the guy with anything

and as he said he just tapped the brakes so his brake lights came on, not a full blodded stomp on the picks.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #51
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't believe the timing of this post. It appears that S.A police are anxious to speak to (what has been described by at best by a legally blind passenger) a couple of Maoris for the bashing and subsequent death of a young man during a road rage incident in the southern suburbs (Darlington) area here in Adelaide last Thursday.

Unfortunately for the occupants the Maoris took to repeatedly kicking the 28 year old driver in the head after a possible incident happened like being cut off or something similar. The Father, who is legally blind, had to witness this outrageous attack without being in a position to help. All he could recall is that the attackers appeared to be large men with strong Kiwi/Maori accents.

SAM RODRIGUES, POLICE REPORTER
Quote:
TIMOTHY Chadwick's legally blind father listened helplessly as his son was so badly beaten in a road rage attack he lost his life.

Five nights after he was bashed unconscious, the Woodcroft man, 28, died in Flinders Medical Centre.
His death yesterday was declared a major crime.

Detectives, who are hunting his two attackers, branded them cowards.

About 9.30pm last Thursday, Mr Chadwick and his father were driving home from the Seacliff Hotel in a silver 1990 Ford Fairlane sedan with green and yellow personalised number plates.

At the intersection of Seacombe Rd and Davenport St, Mr Chadwick is believed to have unintentionally cut off an oncoming car.

Detective Inspector Doug Barr, of the Major Crime Investigation Branch, said that for such "a minor incident to be blown up into something of this nature is just disgraceful . . . it seems to be all too prevalent these days".

The attackers' vehicle, described as small and dark-coloured, had followed the Chadwicks on Seacombe Rd into Braeside Ave, Darlington.

Both cars turned left on to Glen St, into Grace Rd and stopped in Aaron Ave, where the victim got out of his car.

Inspector Barr said Mr Chadwick was brutally bashed, including being kicked into unconsciousness and left at the side of the road.

"To kick a man into unconsciousness while he's lying on the side of the road does not take a great deal of courage," he said. "It's a very, very cowardly act, I'd say."

Mr Chadwick rushed to his son's aid after the attack, comforting him before paramedics arrived.

"The descriptions of these people are vague, given Mr Chadwick's sight impairment, but he does describe them as having a distinctive New Zealand Maori accent," Inspector Barr said.

Initial reports also suggested the two men had heavy builds.

Sturt police are reviewing security footage from premises around the area and tips from residents. A Command Centre will be set up tonight near Aaron Ave in Seacombe High School, between 8 and 10.

Police will canvass the area for witnesses, including anyone who saw the cars driving on Seacombe Rd.

Anyone with any information should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Police will be door knocking in the area tonight seeeking other possible witnesses.

As the story reports, the life support was switched off yesterday. Rip.

You my friend can consider your self and your gilfriend very lucky people.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #52
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Thats terrible. That poor bloke paid with his life. RIP

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 08-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #53
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Yeah I was talking to AU3XR6 on that point, not WMUN.
Re: commonsense, no matter how lawful something is, commonsense comes first! If you hit your brakes 'cos' and someone runs into your car, within the law you're allowed to do so but your car would most probably be written off, someone elses car would be damaged and you could end up getting beaten up!

These days it pays great dividends to just let things go. No matter what age group or ethnicity it is, theres a lot of angst out there. Its scary.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #54
Boosh Brus

Thats not cool. Hope the cops get them.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:27 AM   #55
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661

you might have jinxed yourself

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
Old 08-05-2008, 02:46 PM   #56
WindsorXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
AS they say there's more to this story ??? It could be said, Karma has already stuck ??? Play with fire ...

I'll Change my post then-

My girlfriend and I have never done anything that would even come close to having this done to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a Cortina stolen 2 years ago that was recovered and didn't have insurance on it so i think ive had enough bad luck to say that your comment is completely wrong. So id appreciate it if these type of comments were left out of this thread.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 08-05-2008, 09:22 PM   #57
steamin63
old skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsMyUserName
I'll Change my post then-

My girlfriend and I have never done anything that would even come close to having this done to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a Cortina stolen 2 years ago that was recovered and didn't have insurance on it so i think ive had enough bad luck to say that your comment is completely wrong. So id appreciate it if these type of comments were left out of this thread.
don't worry about it dude. every thread has a know all who's got "inside information". you would think a moderator would set a better example.cheers.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #58
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamin63
don't worry about it dude. every thread has a know all who's got "inside information". you would think a moderator would set a better example.cheers.

A moderator has as much right to his or her opinion, their status as a moderator will not change that nor would I expect it to
Old 08-05-2008, 11:51 PM   #59
WindsorXR

Sorry, Typo. That Cortina wasn't recovered!!

If you don't mind me saying laminge. I know you have an opinion and so does everyone else, but i don't see why you just delete things that you don't like.

Thats all I have to say about that. This Thread was meant for showing my story and not about Moderators. My apologies

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 09-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #60
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsMyUserName
Sorry, Typo. That Cortina wasn't recovered!!

If you don't mind me saying laminge. I know you have an opinion and so does everyone else, but i don't see why you just delete things that you don't like.

Thats all I have to say about that. This Thread was meant for showing my story and not about Moderators. My apologies
Im not a moderator, Im an administrator, if you need to swear then you post will be deleted.
Closed Thread