Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #31
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
Yeah, see your point....I guess I just had some bad luck with my 2...always having to cut out rust before rego insepction every year, door handles breaking, A/C often not working and beasts of things to park, I just got jack of it I guess...was happy as a pig in S%$t when I got my XD in 1985 with 30,000 kms on it , and that was moving from a 351 to a 4.1 6 cyl...Then fast forward over 20 years and now back in a V8.

Yep certainly gotten older....ha ha....I was 19 when i got my 8 year old coupe in 1981 and 21 when I got the 1977 GXL in 1983...Admittedly they were cheap back then...the coupe cost 5k and the GXL 8k

having said all that, the X series cars owned by some of the blokes on here who are enthusiasts are pristine examples....money spent restoring and performance mods which would make them streets ahead of my 2
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #32
vik351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik351
You have got to be kidding...Or you've gotten older...

I had a BA turbo with an edit 271RWK stock,while it was fun to drive,stuck to the road like ka ka,didn't know what a hill was,but there it ends

Mate,driving my XY 351 Clevo in the Adelaide hills (same roads the Classic Adelaide use) with a four speed is the most fun you can have in a car with your cloths on...

vik...End of story...
Really we shouldn't even compare old school with new,who knew what a computer was 38 odd years ago

Still reckon the old girl handled ok for a bomb of that vintage...

vik...But on razor blades...
: : :
vik351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2009, 02:26 AM   #33
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

I love the latest Falcons.

Ok, that being said....

I was 16 when Mad Max was showing in the US. I fell in love with that car. It had American car lines to it but I could not identify it. Also, not knowing that the movie was filmed in Australia, because of the Yank dubbing, I thought the cars were made special for the movie since they were also RHD. The black Interceptor blew me away. It was the most amazing car I had ever seen, but I had to accept that I could never have a car like that since it was specially made for the movie.

That all changed in 2003 when I learned differently. Now I am building one.

Here is a picture of my Canadian friend's finished MM1 Interceptor.

I believe it is the best you will find. He has had the opportunity to meet the builder of the original, in person, to get critiquing. I hope my car is as nice as his when I get done with it.

And for those who would flame me, here is my Han Solo Blastech DL-44 blaster I made myself...

...from a die cast replica of a broomhandle Mauser C96 pistol. I machined the muzzle, grill, and scope mount from alloy myself, after figuring out what it looked like from extensive research. The scope is a Weaver K3 but I need a Compac Superscope to be accurate.

This is my Stormtrooper Blastech E-11 blaster that I made from a demilitarized (cut to pieces) British Sterling MK IV L2A3 submachine gun. I made it so it cannot be fired or be made to fire. I machined the fins on it from alloy, made the scope mount, and the scope is a real WW II M-38 tank scope.

So yeah, I am into movie replicas. I'll post pics of my lightsabres I made as well if you want. : Those are made from 1930's camera flashguns just like George (Lucas) used.

Replica movie props, I don't buy them, I make them.

BTW, my avatar is my car grafted with a Mad Max car front end in an editing program.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2009, 03:37 AM   #34
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ive yet seen a mad max better than pats, who is a member on this site some old pics of it she looks even better now.

XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2009, 07:53 AM   #35
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Hey, I know him. I remember when he came across the pond to get it. There are a number of really nice replicas in the world.

My buddy in Canada though is worse than I am on detail. He even replicated the flaws on the movie car. On the driver's side one of the zoomie pipes hangs lower than the other 3 in the movie, he did that. The driver's door lower back corner hangs just a little low in the movie, he did that. One of the 4 screws that holds the cover over the headlight came loose on the movie car and a 5th one was put in, and my buddy replicated that.

Pat also has a real nice Cobra as well.

Steve

Wife's 1966 Mustang

and more!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #36
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bird
The new GT does nothing for me?

They aren't special cars, there are so many of them around and anyone can walk up to a stealership and buy one.
Read all my posts
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #37
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehast13
I wouldn't salivate over the 'batmobile'
Man, you are just so not cool. I would do more than salivate over the original Batmobile.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #38
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalker
ive yet seen a mad max better than pats, who is a member on this site some old pics of it she looks even better now.

Mad Pat at it again! Sounds even better than it looks!!!! Pictures of any of his coupes don't do them justice

Dave

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #39
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB

I believe it is the best you will find. He has had the opportunity to meet the builder of the original, in person, to get critiquing. I hope my car is as nice as his when I get done with it.
Steve
IIRC, that was the mechanic Murray Smith. Did he get to see the pic's Murray had of the car before the movie was made? some where up his driveway and in his backyard.

Did your friend build this from scratch? the MFP sticker looks like it's from Gordon Hayes who built one of the earliest replicas.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #40
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I took these at Peter Warren AFD in 2006

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #41
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB
I love the latest Falcons.

Ok, that being said....

I was 16 when Mad Max was showing in the US. I fell in love with that car. It had American car lines to it but I could not identify it. Also, not knowing that the movie was filmed in Australia, because of the Yank dubbing, I thought the cars were made special for the movie since they were also RHD. The black Interceptor blew me away. It was the most amazing car I had ever seen, but I had to accept that I could never have a car like that since it was specially made for the movie.

And for those who would flame me, here is my Han Solo Blastech DL-44 blaster I made myself...

...from a die cast replica of a broomhandle Mauser C96 pistol. I machined the muzzle, grill, and scope mount from alloy myself, after figuring out what it looked like from extensive research. The scope is a Weaver K3 but I need a Compac Superscope to be accurate.

This is my Stormtrooper Blastech E-11 blaster that I made from a demilitarized (cut to pieces) British Sterling MK IV L2A3 submachine gun. I made it so it cannot be fired or be made to fire. I machined the fins on it from alloy, made the scope mount, and the scope is a real WW II M-38 tank scope.

So yeah, I am into movie replicas. I'll post pics of my lightsabres I made as well if you want. : Those are made from 1930's camera flashguns just like George (Lucas) used.

Replica movie props, I don't buy them, I make them.

BTW, my avatar is my car grafted with a Mad Max car front end in an editing program.

Steve

Awesome, you're a maniac !!

I remember I had battery operated Han Solo Blaster and Stormtrooper blaster when I was 9...wish I still had them now, they'd probably get me an F6!

Pure gold mate.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2009, 01:56 AM   #42
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumXR

Awesome, you're a maniac !!

I remember I had battery operated Han Solo Blaster and Stormtrooper blaster when I was 9...wish I still had them now, they'd probably get me an F6!

Pure gold mate.

Thanks, and I still have mine. : You might be able to find one on ebay. I don't think they go for too much.

Steve

Wife's 1966 Mustang

and more!
Old 12-03-2009, 02:02 AM   #43
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron
IIRC, that was the mechanic Murray Smith. Did he get to see the pic's Murray had of the car before the movie was made? some where up his driveway and in his backyard.

Did your friend build this from scratch? the MFP sticker looks like it's from Gordon Hayes who built one of the earliest replicas.

Yeah, I wasn't going to mention Murray's name. He got to sit and have dinner with him for 3 hours. They compared pictures. I don't know if he got to see the ones you mentioned.

Yes, he built his from scratch. I don't know the origin of the MFP sticker. He does have it on a magnetic sheet though, just like in the movie. I believe he had them made up locally.

I am also familiar with Gordon Hayes. While learning about building a replica I've stumbled into all those nuts that love this car.

Great pics everyone!!! I love seeing any pics I haven't seen before. Yes, Pat is a real stand-up guy.

Steve

Wife's 1966 Mustang

and more!
Old 13-03-2009, 08:29 AM   #44
dave289
Banned

you could start with this if you dont mind the rust. Its amazing what some people will pay for a rusty piece of metal.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/XA-XB-XC-Ford...1%7C240%3A1318
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #45
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&BXR6
..... You're kidding right?
Absolutely not kidding. I love those old Fords more than the new ones.
Old 13-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #46
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
you could start with this if you dont mind the rust. Its amazing what some people will pay for a rusty piece of metal.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/XA-XB-XC-Ford...1%7C240%3A1318

Great ad.
I love the "Car Includes" features list, in bullet form listing the features, half way through it he mentions that the car includes "rust in every panel" - here I was thinking I'd have to pay for that.

Ohio XB I love your buddies interceptor, and by all accounts yours will be just as awesome if not better. Keep us informed of your progress please.

Quote: