Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #31
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A friend on mine got busted for speeding on his bike in a 30 zone :P (by a cop on pushy) who arrrive at my friendss work all puffed out and goes man! I've been trying to catch up to you to fine you for speeding back there :p
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #32
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 290
You guys want a laugh??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbM8jog2gYY

from what I know of this event people from all around the world come together in different citys in different countries and race through the city. The brisbane police caught wind of the event and well... have a look at the outcome.
A bit rough, but then again the opening credits show the bike riders ripping through red lights. Karmas a . ;)

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #33
Shaggzy
"BMX_datto"

Id like them to have a look at my brakeless BMX bike with its bald tyres no reflectors no brakes chopped seat pole to make it lower
Old 11-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #34
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgs351
I think the exact wording is 'audible warning device' and as far I'm concerned my voice is my audible warning device. About the only way a driver would notice a bell is if you threw it at them, wheras shouting at them sure makes them stop and look.
You are correct, it is an audible warning device, but it states it has to be attached to the bicycle. So thereore the rider does not count as they are not a permanent fixture to the bike.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #35
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got RBT'd on the bike about a month ago
Took a short cut thru the Kallangur Tavern car park at 930pm and there was a booze bus (2 cars and a bike) doing RBT's and they seen me exit the driveway near ABC he lookes at me realised I was not a young one and yelled at me to stop
They tested me and the cop said most blokes my age ride the bikes to the pub get a skin full and ride home thinking they are safe from getting done
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #36
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
You are correct, it is an audible warning device, but it states it has to be attached to the bicycle. So thereore the rider does not count as they are not a permanent fixture to the bike.
But you are whenever the bicycle is being operated.

You must have your lights operating on your car at night. Do you leave them on in the shed after you get home?

Who ever said laws are logical......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #37
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Given that I use cleats, I would say that I am attached to the bike. As for being a permanent fixture, I am whenever the bike is in use!
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 09:55 PM   #38
Matt47569
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggzy
Id like them to have a look at my brakeless BMX bike with its bald tyres no reflectors no brakes chopped seat pole to make it lower
haha i been chased before on mine stuff stopping for em to cop a fine for no helmet plus all the other bits like you mentioned from a bmx.. you can go offroad, cops can't

me and a mate once rode across a red light camera intersection and it flashed us haha was dark and no cars about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Rising
Took a short cut thru the Kallangur Tavern car park at 930pm and there was a booze bus (2 cars and a bike) doing RBT's and they seen me exit the driveway near ABC he lookes at me realised I was not a young one and yelled at me to stop
They tested me and the cop said most blokes my age ride the bikes to the pub get a skin full and ride home thinking they are safe from getting done
i've ridden home from a mates house drunk once.. all downhill too scary as but fun. definitely would not have stopped for a cop though i'd be straight down an alley or across a park/verge
Old 05-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #39
ZDI-970
Formerly D3v[]

jeez, i dunno how people can ride a bike drunk, all the poles and stuff youd hit, and damn it would be hard to balance! and i remember when i was riding along with a friend once seeing who could go faster we rode through a 40 zone doing 60+ didnt realize you would be able to cop a fine for that, lucky we didnt get caught!
ZDI-970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 12:32 AM   #40
Matt47569
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha my balance is alright didnt come off had to navigate a few roundaboats down the hill (no traffic at all about) feels kinda surreal
Old 06-05-2010, 12:47 AM   #41
bernadette86
soon to be low

You know the nut blokes that fly down hills on road bikes pass traffic like its death on wheels. Thats me covered in my flame jersey. Huge legs constantly speeding. Been done twice for running red light. Warned for doing 65 in a 50 zone on the flat. And copped a hefty fine on my carbon road bike doing 90+ down hill in a sixty zone. Police car came up behind me seen me passing cars like they were standing still. Can get done for nearly anything on a push bike.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #42
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

yes, couple of times in the newspaper here in perth there are people buster for drink driving.... drunk whilst riding a bicycle home from the pub...
Old 06-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #43
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

yes, couple of times in the newspaper here in perth there are people buster for drink driving.... drunk whilst riding a bicycle home from the pub...
Old 06-05-2010, 08:38 AM   #44
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

68mph on a bike would feel like absolutely FLYING!

I've done 70km/h on my road bike and even that makes you think twice, because coming off at that speed is going to hurt ... A LOT!
Old 06-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #45
BrisVegas
Noobie

just with regard to the comment earlier about wheel reflectors. In Qld at least they're not mandatory.

Per http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home..._for_cyclists/

Quote:
Equipment on a bicycle (s258)

Your bicycle must:

* have at least one effective brake
* have a bell in working order.

Riding at night (s259)

When riding at night, or in weather conditions with reduced visibility, you must display on your bike or yourself:

* a flashing or steady white light on the front of the bicycle that can be seen for at least 200 m
* a flashing or steady red light on the rear of the bicycle that can be seen for at least 200 m
* a reflector on the rear of the bicycle that can be seen for at least 50 m when a vehicle's headlights shine on it.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #46
fg_nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter
A bit rough, but then again the opening credits show the bike riders ripping through red lights. Karmas a . ;)
Or lane splitting then wondering why the car owner goes off at him for scratching the side of a nice shiney new lexus.
fg_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #47
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

To divert,

Back in my high school days I clocked 76.4km/h on a mountain bike down a big hill on the highway. Whats more there was a corner I had to navigate to turn left into a road. Was it fast, damn straight, was it mad oh definitely. Ahh the things we do.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #48
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas
just with regard to the comment earlier about wheel reflectors. In Qld at least they're not mandatory.

Per http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home..._for_cyclists/
NSW rules are identical.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety...lingrules.html
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #49
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Rising
As if you'd stop for Queenslands finest on a pushbike.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #50
Matt47569
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bloody oath mate pedal like you've never pedalled before haha
Old 11-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #51
KYSBF

Back in the day, Toowoomba range was a nice test of virtue, hammering down, then the challenge of either riding up or hooking onto a truck for a tow. Awesome fun, seemed to be no consequences when you're young.......would i do it now? Not on ya life!!!
KYSBF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #52
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think the whole police blitz on bells was just laughable, what a waste of time. Next they will be doing a bell blitz at the local cycling club, pulling cyclists over mid race to do a bell inspection.

I understand it is law to have a bell but no competetive cyclist does, find the call the call out of "excuse me please" a lot more polite and effective when you need to get past pedestrians anyway.
Their "sting" is the equivalent of setting up multiple "random" breath test stations and performing "random" vehicle checks on cars a stone's throw away from a car show/event.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #53
fairBA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 290
You guys want a laugh??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbM8jog2gYY

from what I know of this event people from all around the world come together in different citys in different countries and race through the city. The brisbane police caught wind of the event and well... have a look at the outcome.
Anyone know how fit those coopers are?? I'd take them on a pursuit!!!
fairBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #54
fg_nitro

Bikes should have CTP like every other road user. How can they use the road and not meet ADRs? You cannot even use a segway in NSW let alone these idiots on pushbikes.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...es.html?rlid=6
fg_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post