Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #31
prydey
Rob

red light cameras that detect speed as well have been operational in S.A for a few years now. surely s.a. isn't ahead of another state in something?

i'll probably get flamed for this as well, but i don't white understand the complaints on here. are all those complaining doing so because they admit they speed around and drive under the influence of alcohol?

i've driven the bruce, pacific, gateway, logan etc and i can tell you the speed zones are obviously for tourists. maybe thats why all you qlder's are so upset. you have to conform like the rest of the country and drive at the posted limit.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #32
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Complaining about Bligh needs to build good roads instead of milking the voters and selling of public owned infrastructure she is an idiot .
Whn people here see a speed camera they slow done 10 to 20, 30 under.
I know cops when they are on the highway people in front doing 100 slow down 10 to 15 kph .
I think everyone will agree with the plans for alcohol
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #33
Gaz
Got Ghia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
Victoria has had these for ages, I know they're always in a 60 zone at Bulla or the 100km/h zone near my place ocasionally.

Also my aunty has an ignition lock on her car, after her 4th DUI she has to have it in all her cars, what happens is you blow into it, if it detects alcohol, the car wont turn on, if it doesn't the car starts up, from then on, every 5 minutes driving it beeps at you and you have to blow into it again or it completely shuts off the car. (Thats when you lose power steering/brakes and everything else).

What she does, is gets her daughter to blow into the unit so she can drive around tanked still. It doesn't work, believe me, she needs to go to jail to smarten the F up.
Do us all a favour, next time your aunty gets behind the wheel tanked and her daughter is dumb enough to blow into it for her, call the cops and get them to cut her off - get her off the bloody road and get the book thrown at her daughter for allowing her to do it.

I know their family, but I wouldn't have any issues ratting her out and telling her to her face that you dobbed her in.
Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #34
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
red light cameras that detect speed as well have been operational in S.A for a few years now. surely s.a. isn't ahead of another state in something?

i'll probably get flamed for this as well, but i don't white understand the complaints on here. are all those complaining doing so because they admit they speed around and drive under the influence of alcohol?

i've driven the bruce, pacific, gateway, logan etc and i can tell you the speed zones are obviously for tourists. maybe thats why all you qlder's are so upset. you have to conform like the rest of the country and drive at the posted limit.

The complaint here is as it is in any other state. These things do not reduce road toll. Simple. They just bankroll a selfish government off a percentage of stupid people. As it has been said education is the solution, NOT fining morons into oblivion.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #35
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
The complaint here is as it is in any other state. These things do not reduce road toll. Simple. They just bankroll a selfish government off a percentage of stupid people. As it has been said education is the solution, NOT fining morons into oblivion.
110% agree...of course we are all beating a dead horse. The politicans are not really at fault niether, its the misinformed sheep-like populace that stick to this idea that speed is the only (let alone major) contributor to the road toll. It simply isn't. That is why the increased focus on speeding in the last 5-10 years has failed so dismally. Politicans know this but they keep on spinning the line because its 'too hard' to explain what the real problem is.

There are also some gov.funded 'research groups' that need a good kick up the behind for placating the government going along with this ludicrous line. Even the police are starting to get in on it, with 'questionable' reporting of speed as a factor in crashes it wasn't even the primary cause. I was involved in an accident in a 'low speed' suburban area not that long ago and i had to spend quite a bit of time repeatedly telling the investigating constable that while not looking at my speedo at the time of the accident (i'd rather be watching the road then thanks) i can gurantee i was not going over the speed limit. In fact i was almost certainly doing 10km/h less....and yes, it wasn't my fault! GRRR :

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....

Last edited by Swordsman88; 13-12-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #36
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
Do us all a favour, next time your aunty gets behind the wheel tanked and her daughter is dumb enough to blow into it for her, call the cops and get them to cut her off - get her off the bloody road and get the book thrown at her daughter for allowing her to do it.

I know their family, but I wouldn't have any issues ratting her out and telling her to her face that you dobbed her in.
I've been tempted to multiple times as she causes a whole heap of crap and starts a lot of family fights, I'll also add she drives while under the influence of illicit drugs.

She has this crappy dark green 70s Commodore. She only "works" to afford her next drug hit. You'd think a woman in her mid 40s would eventually grow a brain, but obviously not.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #37
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can see what will happen now. Deaths will skyrocket as idiots jump on the brakes at every set of lights in case the light changes yellow. Then they will probably stop in the middle of the intersection.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #38
Jeddak
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well ,,they don't get any of my hard earned money ,

while it is not acceptable to some ,the easiest and cheapest way to "not pay the revenue" is.... don't speed.

its the same with random breath tests,if one does not like paying a fine or loosing that drivers license.....dont drink and drive

while this sounds like "giving in to the bastards" .I for one need my license for work, and while we live in a town small enough that you can walk from one side to the other in under a half hour,it would be rather difficult to lug my nearly half a ton of tools with me if the license was lost. and not to mention that to visit any of our kids and their families requires a minimum 380k drive ,one way.(there is no daily bus or passenger train out here either)

and having driven out west on these long lonely roads for thirty years now
and only collecting two speeding tickets (one for when the law changed the speed zone that had been in place for years.110 down to 100,I fired past the new sign and didn't see it ...BINGO!) I just don't see the need to save just a few minutes time over every one hour period. and run the risk of paying out dollars. (not to mention a rather severe crash into a cow or -roo because I was going too quick to dodge around them safely)

Keep in mind too ,revenue raising or not ,in a high speed crash ,its the cops and ambos , and fireies that have to clean up the mess and pack bits of bodies into bags, and these people SUFFER, so if you wont slow down for the money or the law do so for the emergency services .

speed doesn't kill .its the sudden stop that does it and the faster you go the stop is more jarring .
O5 / 05 SX TS RWD Winter White, Driving Lights, Flaps, Racks, Turbo Grille, Ghia Bumper Trims and tailgate chrome , Colour Coded Mirrors,Tint,h/d towbar and chrome tow ball ,Sy chrome Beltline molds , leather and chrome shifter and Ghia Leather bound steering wheel
Stainless steel number plate frames and shifter quadrant, leather arm rest
All reconditioned SZ front suspension now in place
Chrome door pull inserts with chrome inner latch handles done
Jeddak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #39
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeddak
Well ,,they don't get any of my hard earned money ,

while it is not acceptable to some ,the easiest and cheapest way to "not pay the revenue" is.... don't speed.

its the same with random breath tests,if one does not like paying a fine or loosing that drivers license.....dont drink and drive

while this sounds like "giving in to the bastards" .I for one need my license for work, and while we live in a town small enough that you can walk from one side to the other in under a half hour,it would be rather difficult to lug my nearly half a ton of tools with me if the license was lost. and not to mention that to visit any of our kids and their families requires a minimum 380k drive ,one way.(there is no daily bus or passenger train out here either)

and having driven out west on these long lonely roads for thirty years now
and only collecting two speeding tickets (one for when the law changed the speed zone that had been in place for years.110 down to 100,I fired past the new sign and didn't see it ...BINGO!) I just don't see the need to save just a few minutes time over every one hour period. and run the risk of paying out dollars. (not to mention a rather severe crash into a cow or -roo because I was going too quick to dodge around them safely)

Keep in mind too ,revenue raising or not ,in a high speed crash ,its the cops and ambos , and fireies that have to clean up the mess and pack bits of bodies into bags, and these people SUFFER, so if you wont slow down for the money or the law do so for the emergency services .

speed doesn't kill .its the sudden stop that does it and the faster you go the stop is more jarring .
Buy a horse and cart, 1hp at all 4 legs.
Old 13-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #40
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The number of the dead and severely crippled will only increase if someone whose had too much to drink gets behind the wheel...
Such a simple view.

1) Any interlock can be defeated by getting someone else (e.g. your kid) to blow through it.
2) Any interlock can be defeated just the same as any other piece of electronics.
3) If you are 0.051 and your kid has just been bitten by a brown snake and you do not take him to hospital HE WILL DIE, not maybe...

Interlocks are no different to speed limiters. Lock all cars to 50 max and no one speeds, ever.
Interlocks stop a car not a driver, if a person constantly drives in a very inebriated state they will not have a license and will not care about the law so how will a court order to fit an interlock to a car that much of the time is not even registered work?

I do get amazed at the constant naivety, particularly in younger drivers that a BAC of 0.051 is dangerous yet 0.049 is safe.

For years the limit was 0.15, why isn't every one dead?
Then the limit was 0.08, again why isn't everyone dead?

Just because the media repeat it over and over again does not make it true.

The problem we have is that the majority of senior police in QLD are uni grads who went straight into desk jobs at Makerston St and have little or no actual real world experience.
They ignore the recommendations from the rank and file on anything to do with road safety as they already have the answers, it is always speed and drink.
Why is that?
Because you can measure speed and BAC so it is easy to convict. It is very hard to measure fatigue, lack of driving skill or just plain stupidity.

These senior police advise public vegetables who advise the premier.
Why does the solution to all problems involve increased revenue?

QLD has 3 fixed speed cameras all with signage.
VIC has 1 bazzillion speed cameras, all hidden.

If speeding is the problem why are there any road deaths in VIC at all?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #41
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XCPSWF,
you say your aunty has been done for DUI 4 TIMES,she shouldnt have a licence FULL STOP
no ignition locks,no excuses no nothing
NO LICENCE AT ALL
once caught maybe,most have been done once ,but 4 times, thats a disgrace,she should be in jail
everytime she drives u should tip the cops,cause the time u dont could be the time she kills someone or seriously injures them

Last edited by nerida67; 13-12-2009 at 05:33 PM.
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #42
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerida67
XCPSWF,
you say your aunty has been done for DUI
Yes, 4 times, no poop.

Also Flappist, heaps are hidden but theres some that aren't too, like on the Calder I think it is, a few times I've come around a bend and BAM speed cameras on the side, you don't see the ones that aren't hidden until its too late. They're in smart places.
Old 13-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #43
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Such a simple view.
Did you care to read the post I made after that one....? XCPWSF was able to point out the flaw of the technology and did it without belittling me. Your post otherwise makes very valid points that I agree with.
Old 13-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #44
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Did you care to read the post I made after that one....? XCPWSF was able to point out the flaw of the technology and did it without belittling me. Your post otherwise makes very valid points that I agree with.
The point of yours that was "simple" was that if someone is over 0.05 and they drive then there WILL be an accident and death and for that reason no one should ever drive after drinking in any circumstances.

The world is grey not black and white.

How do take that disagreement with you is belittling you?

And if you took it as that and now are thinking a bit more outside the square then how can it be a bad thing?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #45
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
The point of yours that was "simple" was that if someone is over 0.05 and they drive then there WILL be an accident and death and for that reason no one should ever drive after drinking in any circumstances.

The world is grey not black and white.

How do take that disagreement with you is belittling you?

And if you took it as that and now are thinking a bit more outside the square then how can it be a bad thing?
I never said that at all. Everyone has varying ideas on what is too much to drink. I was not specifically referring to the limit specified by law.
And saying "Such a simple view" is belittling ie: talking down at me. Saying that you disagree wouldve been more polite and also more direct. Choose your wording more carefully as i did find it offensive.
Old 13-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #46
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Silly sayings

Like Flappist said 0.049 is fine but 0.051 is a killer the spin doctors love these sayings
I drive a truck and dog with air bag suspension which allows me
45 tonne gross weight
so the spin doctors reckon every K over is a killer
well if I hit a car at 99Ks on the freeway everythig would be fine
but if I was doing 101 Ks every one in the car would be dead as well as me as I would be over the speed limit by one K and remember every K over is a killer
What a load of crap whe ever thought that saying up needs to learn a bit about the dynamics of vehicle accidents
as for the drink drivers they deserve what they get
thanks John
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2009, 01:29 AM   #47
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

^^ well said last fairlane..

the fact is at the moment its almost a taboo subject, if you question why you get shouted down for being a supporter of all killers and hoons and your tarnished with the same brush yourself... its utter BS.

the day someone has a commonsence logical approach to this issue then I would do all in my power to support that party... but the value of $$ to support a debt so huge they cant jump over, speed is a welcome resource to PR spin, because they know that 85% of the general sheep population will swollow it and just accept that what they say is correct and that you will die if you do 101 in a 100 zone yet everything is magicaly ok if your doing 99.

I make a call for civil unrest :P

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2009, 02:28 AM   #48
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

while the rest of the qld population whinge about the stupid mole who's rapidly flushing this once great state down the drain, i can sit back and smirk in full knowledge that

I DIDNT VOTE HER IN

i've long maintained that democracy's biggest flaw is that people who are by all rights incompetent to vote are required to do so

30% of the voters have vested interests in who to vote for
30% dont have a ****** clue who they should vote for, so they vote for whoever has the freshest election BS promise
30% dont care and simply tick whatever name looks best
the remaining 10% know full well that whoever should get voted in, wont, due to ******** promises, spin and advertising, and get to say "we told you so" when the other 90% realise how badly they've ****** up

bring back the days of Sir Joh, it mightve been the most corrupt government Queensland has ever seen, but infrastructure was built and maintained, the health and education systems were up there with the best, and things GOT DONE

unlike the current bunch of morons who are almost as corrupt, but run around trying to look good wasting the states time and money with kneejerk initiatives
Old 15-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #49
Jeddak
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
Buy a horse and cart, 1hp at all 4 legs.
After having grown up on a cattle station ,I can say with certainty that a horse is NOT the answer.......... im only a mechanic not a vet!!
:
O5 / 05 SX TS RWD Winter White, Driving Lights, Flaps, Racks, Turbo Grille, Ghia Bumper Trims and tailgate chrome , Colour Coded Mirrors,Tint,h/d towbar and chrome tow ball ,Sy chrome Beltline molds , leather and chrome shifter and Ghia Leather bound steering wheel
Stainless steel number plate frames and shifter quadrant, leather arm rest
All reconditioned SZ front suspension now in place
Chrome door pull inserts with chrome inner latch handles done
Jeddak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #50
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor
while the rest of the qld population whinge about the stupid mole who's rapidly flushing this once great state down the drain, i can sit back and smirk in full knowledge that

I DIDNT VOTE HER IN

i've long maintained that democracy's biggest flaw is that people who are by all rights incompetent to vote are required to do so

30% of the voters have vested interests in who to vote for
30% dont have a ****** clue who they should vote for, so they vote for whoever has the freshest election BS promise
30% dont care and simply tick whatever name looks best
the remaining 10% know full well that whoever should get voted in, wont, due to ******** promises, spin and advertising, and get to say "we told you so" when the other 90% realise how badly they've ****** up

bring back the days of Sir Joh, it mightve been the most corrupt government Queensland has ever seen, but infrastructure was built and maintained, the health and education systems were up there with the best, and things GOT DONE

unlike the current bunch of morons who are almost as corrupt, but run around trying to look good wasting the states time and money with kneejerk initiatives

I know what you're feeling, but presumably you didn't vote your boss in, the company's board of directors, etc, but you still put the effort in for money and job satisfaction? When we elect a govt we don't expect the other half of the population to sit smuggly idle and grinning at the public's poor choices. It's the lack of calibre in the alternative that drives much of the swinging vote.

I'm not happy at the govt selling of the farm to the farm owners either, but it's something both political persuasions have done at federal and state level before. I'm not happy with the debt levels, but Qld had a lot of catching up to do from decades of poor public infrastucture development compared to other states, dams aside. The other thing to consdier is the massive incursion precedents the Howard govt made into states affairs, seriously hog tying projects, the Mary River dam being a recent case in point.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 10:06 PM   #51
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

i bet mrs bligh speeds !!!!!
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #52
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

seriously WTF? is this a prison now or something? Queensland used to be the best place to live n now we have sum dumb clown running the show it wrecks our whole life its OK for her coz she uses our hard earned taxpayer money on a random guy to drive her everywhere so she don't look like a tool behind the wheel
tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 12:50 AM   #53
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Did you guys elect Steve Bracks or something??
No, we got the bitchfromhell
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 12:58 AM   #54
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol dont you just love it?

9 states and territories and each one does something different. you would think after 200 years they could have uniform road rules.....

but hey...it all saves lives...... yer right....

and the civil turmoil coming from screwing down the public just gets closer.
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #55
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
lol dont you just love it?

9 states and territories and each one does something different. you would think after 200 years they could have uniform road rules.....

but hey...it all saves lives...... yer right....

and the civil turmoil coming from screwing down the public just gets closer.
yes it will come but not soon enough,Australia the Police State,
we now have lots more laws in place to take the right to use commonsence away from the 99% of the general public due to 1% of the population being too stupid to for their on good
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #56
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezxr8man
seriously WTF? is this a prison now or something? ....

That's pretty much how I feel.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #57
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

why are people scared of their government? it should be the government scared of the people....

on that note, there is only so far you can push before people just to just disregard the rules because they are insane and just plain stupid... watch this space ;)

Old 16-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #58
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont speed its simple and you wont have to worry

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #59
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFORDNUT
No, we got the bitchfromhell
No, Judy Spence isn't in charge yet.
Old 16-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #60
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd906
dont speed its simple and you wont have to worry
LOL yea becuase life is black and white as well.... :