Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #31
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

one thing i do not do is WINGE
i just state facts,i personally couldnt give a royal wat other people do with there money
these forums are about voicing your opinion
IMO over priced piece of crap as was the monaro (another post)
if u delete this post it i dont care
if di**heads stop paying these stupid prices for rubbish then they would a realistic price so everybody could enjoy
THATS MY OPINION
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #32
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerida67
one thing i do not do is WINGE
i just state facts,i personally couldnt give a royal wat other people do with there money
these forums are about voicing your opinion
IMO over priced piece of crap as was the monaro (another post)
if u delete this post it i dont care
if di**heads stop paying these stupid prices for rubbish then they would a realistic price so everybody could enjoy
THATS MY OPINION
If you're not having a winge then ( looks it to me) could you at least type proper english pronounciations in your post's to make them easier to read?
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 12:56 AM   #33
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

supply and demand will determine what this cars worth, an thats whatever someones willing to pay for it.

whats the big deal about the compliance plate anyway? peice of removable tin that isnt the bee all or end all to the ID of the car.
if the numbers are intact and its a verified as a genuine 54h shell, then its a GT and worth saving.
missing comp plate will hurt the end value a bit, but wont make it any less a GT. too those who know what their on about, its only a bit of tin.

the ad states (as i read it) the orig engine is long gone, and the plate was melted in the fire. its in the wording. the non GT engine in the bay is the one listed on the pic and rego slip.
It would actually be a breth of fresh air an honesty about the motor not being original, as there are a hell of a lot more matching numbers GT's now days than there was back at the beginning of the 80's thanks to those unstamped blocks.

Sure it will cost a boat load to fix this, but if you bought an XYGT for say 10k to 20k, wouldnt you expect everything to be pretty much shagged too?? Then try finding one for that price that isnt completly stuffed or pillaged for all its goodies.

Stupid prices is what some pay for replicars, or shagged rusty coupe shells, or some stocker xw/y rollers. I think 10k for what that is (if its a genuine shell) is not un-reasonable.
Id want it in a nice or reasonable colour combo if I was to buy it. But, I'd never take on such a job to repair and restore it, too much for me.
but someone with all the skills could do it with plenty of time n patience.

Theres more to these cars than simple $$ amounts, theres a lot of pride and passion behind them, and to those gutsy enough to tackle such a resurrection the sense of accomplishment would be off the scale.

Id much rather see this fixed and back on the road if its a genuine car than to see it scrapped and cut into razor blades or melted down.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 01:01 AM   #34
1970galaxie
Fat 460

How do you know it isn't a faker, stamped and complianced from a real GT wreck, and burnt to recover insurance money as if it was a genuine car?
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 01:23 AM   #35
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

thats why you thoroughly inspect the shell, or if you dont know what yr doing get an expert to inspect it for you and check the shell out.
theres plenty of tells for a real GT body if you know what to look for.
also a few diffrent bodyshell revisions amongst other things.

its all about doing your homework first. i never inspect vehicles myself, I allways get someone else to do it for me.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 01:37 AM   #36
China

Hey I've seen worse than that restored in my time, had to have a chuckle when looking at specs list under "condition" it states USED
China is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 01:40 AM   #37
micky4433
Banned

i wouldnt spend 10k on a burnt out shell, GT or not, especially with no tags. those guys at road tetsed spares are rip offs. looked there for a XC GS instrument cluster to suit a V8, they wanted just over $ 600 for it. gave that a miss.
micky4433 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 02:43 AM   #38
xrford
WAGONE

Haha yeah my guess is that it was in the black saturday fires in vic, you could have definately cooked an egg on the radiator of that one but seriously that fire hasnt been anyway near as hot as some of the other cars that have been burnt.
For someone with enough paitence, time and money to restore it i say good luck.
They can spit in the face of any haters if / when it sees the road again!
Also with the GT's its amazing at how much histroy and background info you can find out about them.
You could buy yourself a GT from perth rock up to the GT club on the other side of the country and have people come up to you saying "i used to own that car"
To a collector this thing could be a steal....
xrford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 05:42 AM   #39
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Damn that means I could of sold my burnt XB GT for heaps now too......Wonder if I would of got 5K??

But it was easier to get simms to crush it. It hurt so much watching that happen it was not funny. Still hurts. (big shed fire)

blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #40
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970galaxie
How do you know it isn't a faker, stamped and complianced from a real GT wreck, and burnt to recover insurance money as if it was a genuine car?
Why would you even suggest it? A burnt out bare shell would be far easier to identify as a genuine body than a painted assembled one...

Old 21-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #41
1970galaxie
Fat 460

Because that has happened before, where someone bought a GT, insured it as a GT, found out it wasn't a GT, so had it burnt to get insurance.
Old 21-12-2009, 06:40 PM   #42
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970galaxie
Because that has happened before, where someone bought a GT, insured it as a GT, found out it wasn't a GT, so had it burnt to get insurance.
Insurance companies would be all over it to verify it, a bare shell is like being naked, if its a rebody it will be most obvious once its burnt out...

Old 21-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #43
Falcman0o7
Banned

What idiot would buy that? really. I mean big deal its genuine id rather pay a bit extra and get a decent replica! Less $ with everything.
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #44
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7
What idiot would buy that? really. I mean big deal its genuine id rather pay a bit extra and get a decent replica! Less $ with everything.
i know some people cant afford genuine GTs, but comparing a replica to a GT is like stuffing socks down your pants, youll always know youre a faker
Old 21-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #45
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Mmmm - not sure that a decent replica would be a bit extra than the shell being offered, but I understand the point intended.

Sourcing a decent GT replica, priced usually for a good one $50 k and upwards, is a good option for a Sunday cruiser, without the huge costings associated with restoring an original GT shell.

Had a Phase 3 replica a number of years ago, sure it's a replica, all completed to GT specs, but, the smile never left the dial whilst cruising on Sundays.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #46
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSHOG
i know some people cant afford genuine GTs, but comparing a replica to a GT is like stuffing socks down your pants, youll always know youre a faker

Some - I would say, most people would not be able to afford a genuine XY GT - replica's then come into there own in providing a more cost effective alternative - these vehicles usually are not show cars but are brought up to a standard that provides an owner with a great sense of satisfaction and are regularly driven.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #47
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxr
Some - I would say, most people would not be able to afford a genuine XY GT - replica's then come into there own in providing a more cost effective alternative - these vehicles usually are not show cars but are brought up to a standard that provides an owner with a great sense of satisfaction and are regularly driven.
i totallly agree they have a place in a car lovers shed, but they shouldnt be compared to the real deal
Old 22-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #48
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just as an aside, when did MIGHT start getting spelled MITE; RIGHT, RITE and YOU'RE, UR??? Has there been a 160 character limit put on forum posts?
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2009, 01:00 AM   #49
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Surely that body shell is no good. I'm no expert but wouldn't an intense fire that has melted the tags have changed the properties of the body shell? It's been a while since I was doing metals-tech at school but metal that has been heated then cooled quickly (or even slowly) definitely changes the properties for fracture/stress etc. Surely this can be very dangerous? What about the different thickness metals cooling differently from that much heat? Surely it'd be bent too?
macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #50
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

well the numbers on the rego papers are legit GT numbers.... not GT-HO...
not that it means ANYTHING (if its re-bodied or re-stamped)...

I still wouldn't be sure why someone would want it either??? its basically un-usable... and no ID tags (cars have been bought in the past simply for the tags...)

strange... and interesting all the same...
'spose we just watch and see what the auction goes to...
and await the posts on "Project Cars" section of this forum!
Old 22-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #51
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
well the numbers on the rego papers are legit GT numbers.... not GT-HO...
not that it means ANYTHING (if its re-bodied or re-stamped)...

I still wouldn't be sure why someone would want it either??? its basically un-usable... and no ID tags (cars have been bought in the past simply for the tags...)

strange... and interesting all the same...
'spose we just watch and see what the auction goes to...
and await the posts on "Project Cars" section of this forum!
Well 3 days to go, and already 7 bids, highest being 12 grand.

I think there will be a bidding war at the end with this much early interest.

Somewhere around 20 grand me thinks?
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #52
1970galaxie
Fat 460

I have read elsewhere, whether it is true or not, but it has been inspected and it turns out that it is not even a GT.
Be carefull if you bid!
Old 22-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #53
Falcman0o7
Banned

I would rather enjoy a beautiful XW XY GT rep worth 50k than a stuffed Genuine GT for 100k. Insurance cheaper as well! So a nice GT REP or some alloy plate with numbers on it attached to a burnt out 1971 falcon? No wonder prices have gone sky high. Some people have to have THE BEST and will pay what ever it takes to get it making it near impossible for the average aussie muscle car enthusiast. :(
Old 22-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #54
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
I would rather enjoy a beautiful XW XY GT rep worth 50k than a stuffed Genuine GT for 100k. Insurance cheaper as well! So a nice GT REP or some alloy plate with numbers on it attached to a burnt out 1971 falcon? No wonder prices have gone sky high. Some people have to have THE BEST and will pay what ever it takes to get it making it near impossible for the average aussie muscle car enthusiast. :(
PS, And i bet they lock em in big bubble to just as an investment.
If i had one i would do what it was meant for, DRIVING! And enjoying every single second of it!
Old 22-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #55
seduced_xr
BF XR6

12k for a burnt out GT... im gonna go burn my BA.. 50k anyone?
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #56
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seduced_xr
How do you figure a pound a penny BA burnt out is worth 4.16 times as much as a burnt out GT? :p
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #57
1streetmachine1

Quote:
Originally Posted by seduced_xr
good one :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #58
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we will see wat it goes for ?
just another avenue crims can unload someone elses treasure
as ive read above , re : insurance companies crawling all over them ?
alot of rebodies dont just do cut and shuts on id numbers, they replace complete panels
would the insurance companies know exactly how many spot welds a gt or gtho would have ??
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #59
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerida67
we will see wat it goes for ?
just another avenue crims can unload someone elses treasure
as ive read above , re : insurance companies crawling all over them ?
alot of rebodies dont just do cut and shuts on id numbers, they replace complete panels
would the insurance companies know exactly how many spot welds a gt or gtho would have ??
Insurance companies now use experts to go over these cars... there's far more identifiers than id numbers on a GT 54H shell.. Most rebody's require paint and bog to disguise the changes.

Old 23-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #60
TP351
Lurker

I'm pretty sure that this was one of 2 GT's burnt in a garage due to a faulty beer fridge going up in smoke. It's been sitting around for a while.
For this reason, many beer fridges have been removed from garages around the country within the GT community....
TP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post