Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #31
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
As long as you can buy a small engine, small brakes and pov pack interior ute, I see no problem? I think not!

Crap news, I hope this remains just a rumour.

Last thing we need to do is hand the premium performance ute market to HSV on a platter.
Ford will keep dropping out of different markets until Holden/HSV have total control over everything.

Surely it must get to a point where if they continue to drop out of different markets it will pass so much potential sales to Holden that the Falcon is no longer viable.

Very weak.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #32
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Quote:
As long as you can buy a small engine, small brakes and pov pack interior ute, I see no problem? I think not!

Crap news, I hope this remains just a rumour.

Last thing we need to do is hand the premium performance ute market to HSV on a platter.
Agreed, I can't afford one now, but 2 years time might be a different story hopefully...

Ed
Old 22-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #33
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Not making money on it? WTF. What do they actually do up and above the XR8 ute.
Lets see;

Engine from GT, interior from GT/GTP, front stickers are not pricey. So they make a unique exhaust and badging...hmm

I would be massively surprised if FPV drop a V8 ute variant altogether, but its Ford/FPV so who knows.

The maloo might be a tupperware car but it has cred and presence the pursuit has never had. Its basically an occa monaro and its serving them pretty well.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #34
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Lets see;

Engine from GT, interior from GT/GTP, front stickers are not pricey. So they make a unique exhaust and badging...hmm

I would be massively surprised if FPV drop a V8 ute variant altogether, but its Ford/FPV so who knows.

The maloo might be a tupperware car but it has cred and presence the pursuit has never had. Its basically an occa monaro and its serving them pretty well.
Buyer demographics......

HSV can sell cars FPV would NEVER be able to move purely because of the badge.

We might be outnumbered by the flanny bogans but atleast we have taste and class..

Old 22-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #35
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if the coyote is as easy to get a power boost as the xr6t,f6, ie, pulley change and tune , we may well see the ute v8 sales wipe the floor with the myloo, thats my prediction .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #36
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A SC V8 may just turn the tables.

www.bseries.com.au/04xr6

Buying or Selling property in Melbourne PM me!
Lightning Strike XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #37
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Lets see;

And the vehicle must go through the same testing and certification as the sedans.

The GT/GT-P/GT-E are all the same car with different seats and badges. They are not an XR8 nor a G6E with minor changes.

The pursuit is a unique combination of engine and chassis and to recover the costs I suspect it would have to sell a lot more than it recently has.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #38
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
if the coyote is as easy to get a power boost as the xr6t,f6, ie, pulley change and tune , we may well see the ute v8 sales wipe the floor with the myloo, thats my prediction .
My thoughts exactly, the name does not matter as long as it has "that" engine, it's already a country mile ahead in styling.

I'm tipping it won't need a pulley change to do it.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #39
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_man_luke
thats be cause the tub on the FG ute is so fat and ugly
The wheels are the prob with this, if yousee one with fat rubber filling the guards like a 295 and a deep offset they look tuff, from factory they look like the diff has been chopped down and Sh*#house just think hardtops look great with wide rears but when have you seen one with skinny standard wheels lately they not too flash lookin
tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #40
f1tzy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If they didn't ruin the tub of the fg utes id say they would sell more as the maloo (pre riceish model) has a sexy looking tub and rear end. Only thing that saves the falcon ute for me is the ability to throw out the tub and whack a tray on
f1tzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #41
CFOUR
The Destroyer

I'd already be in a pursuit if I wasn't waiting for coyote. If they drop the pursuit I doubt I'll end up with a 4 door fpv.
Old 22-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #42
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Ford will keep dropping out of different markets until Holden/HSV have total control over everything.

Surely it must get to a point where if they continue to drop out of different markets it will pass so much potential sales to Holden that the Falcon is no longer viable.

Very weak.
I think you have a point .
Ford U.S.A invested heavily when things were looking bad and i must admit have trurned out a few vechicle that me personally would love to get my mits on .
There f150's there mustangs even that awd taurus did not seem to bad as a family rig .

But ford Aus has got struggling v8 sales so the start to think about dropping it again . Nevermind the fact the v8 in general were selling better then ever for hsv .
But they seemed to look over the fact it was and is the worst performing performance car in it class .
Now the ute is in the same boat , Well it not ugly but its lacking somthing there nothing inspiring about it the motor is virtually the same as we have had for the last 7 years . Yeah its got more grunt but it weighs more so there is no real noticable difference. the interior is nice but will cost you about 30k to trade up just for that.
They have a oppourtunity now with the new motor , some new somthing inspiring . This is what we have all been waiting for and now they reackon there is no case for it > Fools
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #43
glavas

ford should just stick to making turbo sixes and leave holden to the v8's. i have only seen 2 fpv utes from memory very ugly in my opinion. theres just something about fpv it has no street credibility. you see a xr6t ute or any kind of ford and you dont even look twice but you see a maloo and its like woohoo a hsv. yes im a holden fan but im not one eyed i own a f6 sedan
glavas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #44
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezxr8man
The wheels are the prob with this, if yousee one with fat rubber filling the guards like a 295 and a deep offset they look tuff, from factory they look like the diff has been chopped down and Sh*#house just think hardtops look great with wide rears but when have you seen one with skinny standard wheels lately they not too flash lookin
Your right but there is a lot of people that dont what to spend 70k on a ute and then spend another 5k to finish it off .
Old 22-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #45
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
ford should just stick to making turbo sixes and leave holden to the v8's. i have only seen 2 fpv utes from memory very ugly in my opinion. theres just something about fpv it has no street credibility. you see a xr6t ute or any kind of ford and you dont even look twice but you see a maloo and its like woohoo a hsv. yes im a holden fan but im not one eyed i own a f6 sedan

Here we go again.
Old 22-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #46
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
With the utes maybe. Only because the Maloo has so much bodykit hanging off it its sort of hard to ignore.
GT sedans and F6s have presence.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #47
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
And the vehicle must go through the same testing and certification as the sedans.

The GT/GT-P/GT-E are all the same car with different seats and badges. They are not an XR8 nor a G6E with minor changes.

The pursuit is a unique combination of engine and chassis and to recover the costs I suspect it would have to sell a lot more than it recently has.
I understand how certification works and that small changes require further testing, but honestly it should be all carry over from the GT or XR8 ute. The only difference mechanically is the exhaust (I assume)

The front half of the pursuit is all GT so cooling etc in theory is all the same, from the cat back its different but as far as development costs go it would be pretty small; surely not enough to look at killing it altogether.

Its an easy model for FPV to shift a few more numbers, and I dont usually like a model existing without effort being put in but in this case its a no brainer.

Enough people around for a ute with a bit more pep and prestige than the base XR8.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #48
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Thats because the Myloo has so much plastic hanging off it, it takes up the whole lane on the road.

Get back under your bridge anyway troll
Old 22-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #49
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Am I the only one that can see the contradiction in the rumours?

Rumour one is that Ford will drop the V8 and leave this as FPV only, good bye XR8 as we know it.

Rumour two is FPV will drop all utes leaving the V8 ute to the XR8.

But the XR8 does not exist according to rumour one, so does that mean no V8 utes?
Old 22-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #50
nstg8a

i wonder if they would make for a decent options list instead of a full fpv?

ie option up the fpv motor/wheels/ brakes etc etc?
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #51
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a

But then they would have to do all the ADR testing required when there are different engines, brakes, suspension etc. They might as well just make the FPV.
Old 22-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #52
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

All of the V8s Ford Australia used after the Cleveland have all sucked *** anyways, the 302 Wheezer (exception to 5.6L in T series), which had its *** handed to it by its XR6 cousin in the EL, then the Boss, a modern smooth quad cam V8, I reckon those only suit luxury cars, need something old school with huge displacement, low revving, nice sounding, unrefined and pushrods if you go an 8 in something like a "sports" model Falcon. If I wanted quadcam V8, I'd have bought something with a 1UZFE Toyota V8, big potential for high power right there.

Thats my idea of a good V8 but for me its function over form and thats where the I6T comes in, my judgement can change but "Coyote" better be the bees knees.

This is just my opinion, don't take this as fact.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 22-02-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #53
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a

Wont happen.

Quote:
All of the V8s Ford Australia used after the Cleveland have all sucked *** anyways, the 302 Wheezer (exception to 5.6L in T series), which had its *** handed to it by its XR6 cousin in the EL, then the Boss, a modern smooth quad cam V8, I reckon those only suit luxury cars, need something old school with huge displacement, low revving, nice sounding, unrefined and pushrods if you go an 8 in something like a "sports" model Falcon. If I wanted quadcam V8, I'd have bought something with a 1UZFE Toyota V8, big potential for high power right there.

For me its function over form and thats where the I6T comes in, my judgement can change but "Coyote" better be the bees knees.
EL XR6 quicker then an AU 220? i dont think so.
All of the Ford V8's were right for the time they were released IMO.
Old school tech? Its 2010 not 1990 alot more factors have come into the sums when buying a modern day V8 and dare i say it fuel economy is one of them, so much of your 'old school' is old tech and will never happen
Old 22-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #54
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Wont happen.

EL XR6 quicker then an AU 220? i dont think so.
All of the Ford V8's were right for the time they were released IMO.
Old school tech? Its 2010 not 1990 alot more factors have come into the sums when buying a modern day V8 and dare i say it fuel economy is one of them, so much of your 'old school' is old tech and will never happen
Referring to EL XR6/XR8.

Why the hell would you buy a V8 if you cared about fuel economy?
Old 22-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #55
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Rumour one is that Ford will drop the V8 and leave this as FPV only, good bye XR8 as we know it.

But the XR8 does not exist according to rumour one, so does that mean no V8 utes?
Better not be the case a v8 ute is a aussie icon
Old 22-02-2010, 10:12 PM   #56
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Referring to EL XR6/XR8.

The way you typed it looks like you thought the EL I6 was a quicker car then the 302ci V8 as you didnt mention a model

I did say DARE I SAY FUEL ECONOMY. There are some people out there that care about how much fuel their new V8 will use (no i dont care how much my old 'Wheezer' uses). So i agree there
Old 22-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #57
menil
fg pursuit

Quote:
Referring to EL XR6/XR8.

I have an r6 and a pursuit only one litre per hundred difference
menil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #58
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
The way you typed it looks like you thought the EL I6 was a quicker car then the 302ci V8 as you didnt mention a model

I did say DARE I SAY FUEL ECONOMY. There are some people out there that care about how much fuel their new V8 will use (no i dont care how much my old 'Wheezer' uses). So i agree there
Yeah my bad, crappy wording on my part sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menil
I have an r6 and a pursuit only one litre per hundred difference
You live in Bendigo, though. People like us who do lots of highway work (95% of my driving is all 100km/h highway) V8s arent bad, but take your R6 and persuit and put them in CBD peakhour traffic and see the difference.
Old 22-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #59
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:

The no n/a (or Ford V8) rumour is still a strong one, only because no insider has confirmed it's existence. It's not to say it doesn't exist; it only means Ford have done well in plugging any leaks.

Both rumours can be true.

In the end I think the models offering will cater for all. It's the badges people are fighting over.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #60
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Referring to EL XR6/XR8.

One day you and others here will work out that the majority of the performance market look at a range of figures, acceleration figures are some but in todays world where premium fuel costs enough to make the 75L tank cost over $100 to fill, economy matters too.

Not all buyers are set in their habits, some will pick what they believe is the better vehicle out of ford and holden when buying a car, economy comes into it.

We do not want to go back to the days of the XF model where we lost the V8 and Holden established the hold on the performance car market they still enjoy today. Rumours such as these concern me as I see it as potential that ford is going to make the same mistake again.