Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Forgot to add that, since we have just 22million people and some 15million cars, there is no way in hell that we have 15millions cars on the road at any given time.
Most aussies/ families have at least 2 to 3 cars. Also since most car in Australia travel with at most (on average) with just 1 or 2 people in the vehicle at any given time, that taking a stab one could guess that only half the population is of driving age.
We could round it up to say 12million people could be on the road at any one time.

Now lets look at China.
21Million cars. This means that because very few people actually own a car, that one could guess that each vehicle would be actually full to capcity when driven.

Pretending that all vehicles in china are just sedans, then one could say that at any one given time at least 80million people are actually on the road at any one given time.
You do statistical research for global government agencies do you?
If you're having a stab, it's a big stab in the dark and boy you won't hurt anyone with whatever it is you're stabbing away with.
Please share yor views on the global warming catastrophe, so i'll have a good laugh tomorrow

Where do people come up with this stuff?
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfr101
You do statistical research for global government agencies do you?
If you're having a stab, it's a big stab in the dark and boy you won't hurt anyone with whatever it is you're stabbing away with.
Please share yor views on the global warming catastrophe, so i'll have a good laugh tomorrow

Where do people come up with this stuff?

So your saying that we have 15million cars on the road here in Australia at any one given moment? so 3/4 of the population hold licences?
I currently own 3 registered cars.... how one earth can i drive all three at once?

And obvisoulsy your not very observant when it comes to the number of people in cars. Surveys are done throughout Australia (and everywhere else for that matter) and we dont "car pool". It was found that the average is around 2 people per car in Brisbane freeways.

I rarely see any cars here with more then one person in it. Unless its mum and kids.

It is a generalization.... and one can use logic.

Sure there may only be an estimate 22Million cars in China, how many millions use a push bike? 1.3BILLION PEOPLE... uum.. gee... I guess they all stay home???????

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
Nate_Dog

sheesh,
everyone chill,
my point was that these you tube vids are no where near indictive of the realitys in these countrys.
Any way you look at it, 60k fatalities out of 21mill odd drivers is insanely high,
1500 deaths from 15mil drivers is indicitive of what a normal driving country behaves like.
We are far safer than any chinese or indian road system meshing like "cogs"
Nate_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate_Dog
sheesh,
everyone chill,
my point was that these you tube vids are no where near indictive of the realitys in these countrys.
Any way you look at it, 60k fatalities out of 21mill odd drivers is insanely high,
1500 deaths from 15mil drivers is indicitive of what a normal driving country behaves like.
We are far safer than any chinese or indian road system meshing like "cogs"

Did you read what I said? Your the one who brought up statisitics....

Your saying that in Australia that from a population of just 22million people that 15million of us have licences and that every single vehicle is on the road at the same time????

Gees I must be good because like i said, I own 3 cars.... Australians (much like the USA) on Average have more cars then drivers.

It is impossible to have 15millions cars on the road at any one given time here in Australia.

China has a population of 1.3BILLION people.... and your saying that at any one given time that ONLY 21Million people are on the road at any one given time..... SO at any one given time in China.... 1.1BILLION PEOPLE ARE AT HOME DOING NOTHING????

Road death statistics include pedestrians and people on bikes.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

:
hmmmm...
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post