Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-05-2010, 11:56 AM   #31
ECOJET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiadude
I resisted getting an iPhone for ages because i couldnt see the value in it. Now that ive got one (3Gs 16g and one for the missus too) I love how seemlesly it works. Browsing sucks because you cant see flash content - but tethered to my netbook its awesome. Waiting for jailbreak!!

Its funny, everybody who doesnt have one (like i used to) hates iPhones and says theyre no good. Then they go on to compare any and all new smart phones to the iPhone. Its an iPhone killer, its this, its that. sheeeeesh Its plain to see that the iPhone is the reference by which all other phones are measured .... but only if your measuring LOL

haha exactly right.. did i see someabove say blackberry over iphone?? hopefully it was sarcasm, if serious then, wow... they might be usable if you have tiny hands.. and then all they can do is make calls and email at best.. its chalk and cheese to compare it to an iphone.
believe me i did everything not to like this phone as its so popular and too many people have one but once you have one you see why, the thing just does everything and more..
BUT, i am finally get sick of mine and its shortcomings, i have the original 3g and find it way too slow these days, weak processing power, no fm radio, no custom sms tones, horrible camera, terrible gps, buttons too small unless in landscape.. but the new iphone is supposed to be bringing some serious hardware, ive heard rumors of 1gb ram and 1.2ghz processor, if so i will happily be waiting!
Old 01-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #32
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

Well after saying no to getting one for some time I have decided I will get one but in no rush so will wait for the 4G one to come out

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
asusdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #33
ECOJET

id def wait.. like i said, its only been out a short time but really the current iphones hardware is dating rapidly.. the new phones coming out put to it to shame performance wise. The problem is, they dont have a user interface even remotely close to the iphone.. so currently the iphones UI is top ******** but its hardware is lacking, the new iphone solves these problems so it should be a pretty awesome bit of gear.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #34
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

If this is successful will everyone have to hand back their Phones

"Ilkka Rahnasto, Vice President, Legal & Intellectual Property as saying that “By refusing to agree appropriate terms for Nokia’s intellectual property, Apple is attempting to get a free ride on the back of Nokia’s innovation.” Nokia says the patents have been infringed by all Apple iPhones shipped since 2007."

http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...sues_appl.html