Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 19-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #31
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
So despite this 1.5 tonnes around them people are booked if they are not wearing a seat belt in cars?
the seat belt is to stop them being ejected from the car, or from impacting the interior of the car, on a motorbike you need to be able to get away from the bike.

Quote:
Isnt safety the individuals problem rather than having to make it compulsory?
yup, so dont worry about bikes since your obviously not a rider.

Quote:
If someone whacks into you and they do not have a seatbelt there is no additional risk to you
there is if they come through the windscreen and headbutt you...

Quote:
For the record i always wear my seat belt as my aurion chime if your not wearing it is super annoying
awesome.
Old 19-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #32
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when it comes to the crunch i will do a ghost-rider EVERY time body armour or using skin for brakes
try that in a car....
Old 19-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #33
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I think some of the responses in this thread are more ridiculous than the thread itself.
Old 19-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #34
Dave3911

Quote:
Fair enough

My point is around booking people in cars for belts.. When bike riders are in far more risk of injury
So your argument is it's not fair to get booked for not wearing a seatbelt in your car because motorcycle riders don't have too? Riiight.....

If the world worked like that, it would be unfair for a motorcyclist to get booked for not wearing a helmet because you dont have to wear one in a car......
Old 19-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #35
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Motor cycle air bags..

Motorairbag

Click here to see my ute
Old 19-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #36
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Aha. You must have been head of the committee for getting roll bars fitted to boats.

Old 19-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #37
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiginmackay
, have you wondered why Stoner, Rossi and Co. dont go over the bars everytime they brake from 300kph down to nothing at every turn?
Because they are legends

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 19-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #38
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
I think some of the responses in this thread are more ridiculous than the thread itself.
Well when someone says something stupid, you can't just let it lie....

Plus it's hard to resist!
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Old 19-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #39
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seriously I swear some people enjoy going against the majority and find joy out of making silly post.
Old 19-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #40
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

This thread is too funny :-)
Old 19-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #41
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes it is, but I am sure that there is a certain portion of the driving public who think like this.

They are the same morons who consider opening their car doors on purpose in the hope of half killing a rider on a bike while lane filtering at the traffic lights and can't stand the idea that the motorcyclist has this type of advantage in heavy traffic. Never mind that the guy is just trying to get out in front of the pack to survive!
Old 19-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #42
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiginmackay
Yes it is, but I am sure that there is a certain portion of the driving public who think like this.

They are the same morons who consider opening their car doors on purpose in the hope of half killing a rider on a bike while lane filtering at the traffic lights and can't stand the idea that the motorcyclist has this type of advantage in heavy traffic. Never mind that the guy is just trying to get out in front of the pack to survive!
best comment in this thread. bikers don't need seatbelts to be safer the need idiots who have never got on a bike to wake up. i was going along the side of cars at lights the other day when this hero decided he would just creep over out of his lane just because he couldn't get anywhere closer to the front
Old 19-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #43
Rangas GTP

Classic Question. Reminds me of Homer Simpson when they removed the crayon from his nose and his IQ was that of Einstein. Unfortunately Homer shoved crayon back up his nose. You my friend have every colour of the rainbow.
Old 19-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #44
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Beast II
Well when someone says something stupid, you can't just let it lie....

Plus it's hard to resist!
You can't just write the guy off from the get go because he has a history of stupid and pointless threads.

I mean, I've seen worst threads than this, get more considered responses and thought it was just a joke. I reckon either close the thread or get serious.
Old 19-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #45
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

This thread is going no where
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Closed Thread