Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:08 AM   #31
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Default Re: WSID 31st Aug

FPV GTHO, are you planning on getting a tune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by data_mine
Was a good night, I bested my PB from a 12.7 to a 12.4.
That's excellent. Need to update the sig.
Is that from 3.45s to 3.9s?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #32
prasac
Banned

we are going back out on the 14th. the Fuchs Nationals are on the weekend before so if there is no rain before Wednesday the track should still have a bit of the stickiness left. Joe was saying it gets a lil scary, on the track. in the second pass about half track, the *** end tries to take the front over

on a race meet or test n tune the track is awesome, for instance we 60' 1.28 on race days at the R4R best 60' was a 1.39, the 9.2 run was a 1.51 to enter a track championship is like a $150, you'll get at least 5 passes. it's expensive but its a good weekend out.

it'd be good in times, makes things more interesting. people just tell them at scrutineering what the car runs and then they get assigned the lane. if people don't know then let them have a run or 2 and work it out from there. i think most of the cars that go run between 12-14-sec so might need a couple lanes for those guys.

was talking with Steve last night, the guy with the SS, he runs Nankang 245's on the rear, not sure if they are ZR-rated or not. he wants to hit 130mph, he was saying the engine light was coming on last time and the car kept nosing over. i said just try and stay under 140mph or you'll need a chute n cage we figure the car with him weighs close to 1850-1900kg.

Last edited by prasac; 02-09-2011 at 10:30 AM.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #33
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

I am thinking of coming up on the 7th sep for test n tune and wednesday R4R. That way the track will be sticky from test n tune not that I need sticky haha.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #34
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Thumbs up Re: WSID 31st Aug

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Might take some research on their hands or competitors to nominate a group perhaps. I'd be all for it though. Ive been 5-6 times now the last few months and Wednesday night i had my closest run yet against a purple BA XR6. He beat my time by 0.2 but i had a 0.3s faster reaction and was 4mph faster. Interesting dynamic as we went down the strip.
Nice mph there too. 96 mph is good for a 14.2 1/4 mile run.
Saw your car run too..good effort

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #35
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
I am thinking of coming up on the 7th sep for test n tune and wednesday R4R. That way the track will be sticky from test n tune not that I need sticky haha.
ok kool, i think for the 7th sept TnT u need to be entered into the Fuchs Nationals.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #36
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
That's excellent. Need to update the sig.
Is that from 3.45s to 3.9s?
I will when the vid is up.

And yeah, only mod is the shorter diff. Getting to the 1/8th much quicker, the 2nd 1/8th is still about the same. Topping out 5th though, so no more shorter diffs, or I won't make the finish line :P

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #37
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Spoke too soon it's ready: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAeqLOh6RP8

Old 02-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #38
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
FPV GTHO, are you planning on getting a tune?
Eventually i'll get one, i need to sort out first how much more i want to do to the car as i want the tune to be final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
Nice mph there too. 96 mph is good for a 14.2 1/4 mile run.
Saw your car run too..good effort
I think i might need a shorter diff before i see a 14.2
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #39
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
ok kool, i think for the 7th sept TnT u need to be entered into the Fuchs Nationals.
Well I might just got to the Wed night then test and tune finishes at 4 pm and R4R starts 6pm so the track has to be good.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:33 PM   #40
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My brother got my final run on video, only a mobile phone vid though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMJnV...&feature=share

Ive got a habit of doing rubbish runs all night then getting something somewhat decent for my final run. A few weeks ago i was running 15.1-15.2s all night then pulled out a 14.6 at the end. This week i was doing 15.2-15.4s before i hit a 14.7s. I think its just with how i might be stalling it up, it seems its pointless trying to hold more than about 1800rpm with the stock converter.
Try Resetting the ECU Once you get to the track that help me get more consistent runs. Just disconnect the battery for 15 mins and then flash headlights and reconnect.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #41
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
Well I might just got to the Wed night then test and tune finishes at 4 pm and R4R starts 6pm so the track has to be good.
yeah, i forgot about that. the track will be very good. we went after a Private Test day last year. was ripping out some very good numbers at a Race 4 Real
Old 02-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #42
Wild Inc.
GT-P, GT, GT3.

Quote:
That's a great time Chris, smashed mine. Good work!
Wild Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #43
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
I will when the vid is up.

And yeah, only mod is the shorter diff. Getting to the 1/8th much quicker, the 2nd 1/8th is still about the same. Topping out 5th though, so no more shorter diffs, or I won't make the finish line :P
That's great, I thought it would have given you traction issues. I noticed some of your runs you hit the limiter?
How do the new gears feel in general (spirited-driving mode)?

Quote:
Eventually i'll get one, i need to sort out first how much more i want to do to the car as i want the tune to be final.
After checking your sig I see you've finally worked out what the colour of your car is . The Ballistic 100cpi cats are a worthwhile addition. The gain in sound alone is worth it.
I have the same car roughly speaking (BF Futura), and if I had my chance to do it again I'd go for a 3" catback. Same mods as you plus cat (I had another aftermarket cat before the 100cpi) and tune, returned a 14.303 @ 98.52mph.

Quote:
The 4.1 diff gears and a nice tune would get you a 14.0. Add a stall and you'll be in the 13 second club for sure.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:38 AM   #44
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Arent the 100 cell cats technically illegal or something? Maybe a pair of them running into a stock XR6T system would be the trick for flow and emissions compliance. I'd chuck some cams and a new diff at the car (not really sold on a stall yet) if i wasnt trying to build my other car, an EB V8 that i figure needs about $10-15K put into it for the way i want it. At the moment im thinking just a Territory intake pipe and a tune and that'll be it.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:19 AM   #45
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Arent the 100 cell cats technically illegal or something? Maybe a pair of them running into a stock XR6T system would be the trick for flow and emissions compliance. I'd chuck some cams and a new diff at the car (not really sold on a stall yet) if i wasnt trying to build my other car, an EB V8 that i figure needs about $10-15K put into it for the way i want it. At the moment im thinking just a Territory intake pipe and a tune and that'll be it.
Yes, the aftermarket cat, 100cpi or not, will have you fail Euro 3. (When the engine light goes on this indicates you're no longer passing emissions).
If you get a tune the tuner will have this light removed permanently to avoid any unwanted attention. It's not like your gutting it. If you keep the old one lying around you should be safe.

What tyres did you do you run in?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:29 AM   #46
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Quote:
That's great, I thought it would have given you traction issues. I noticed some of your runs you hit the limiter?
How do the new gears feel in general (spirited-driving mode)?
I'm not normally wringing it right out to the limiter in spirited driving, or even circuit work. The video is essentially my first runs on the shorter gears.

This is a recent hillclimb, no problems other than no traction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2a38ZSUU4k

Old 03-09-2011, 01:36 AM   #47
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
I'm not normally wringing it right out to the limiter in spirited driving, or even circuit work. The video is essentially my first runs on the shorter gears.
What I meant was is the new gearset notably better when plodding along at 6 or 7 tenths? Are there any cons?

Quote:
This is a recent hillclimb, no problems other than no traction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2a38ZSUU4k
I watched that earlier after I watching the wsid video, very nice driving.
Your car really moves, and sounds great.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:42 AM   #48
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

yeah, for daily driving, it's much more responsive.

Downside, is worse highway economy. Around town it's exactly the same.

Would I do it again. Yes.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:47 AM   #49
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes, the aftermarket cat, 100cpi or not, will have you fail Euro 3. (When the engine light goes on this indicates you're no longer passing emissions).
If you get a tune the tuner will have this light removed permanently to avoid any unwanted attention. It's not like your gutting it. If you keep the old one lying around you should be safe.

What tyres did you do you run in?
This time i had the 215/60/16's on the back at about 23psi, last time when i went quicker i ran my regular front 245/40/18's on the back at 24psi with the chasers on the front at 45psi.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:48 AM   #50
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:

Probably right but once the 60 footer comes down youll do well

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2011, 02:49 AM   #51
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Theres some rule of thumb isnt there with dropping time on the 60ft and how it translates to the overall time? Something like a couple of tenths off the 60ft will be a second quicker over the quarter?
Old 03-09-2011, 03:13 AM   #52
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Theres some rule of thumb isnt there with dropping time on the 60ft and how it translates to the overall time? Something like a couple of tenths off the 60ft will be a second quicker over the quarter?
Yeah one tenth at the 60' translates to two tenths at the quarter.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #53
prasac
Banned

video of some of the falcons at the track on Wednesday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47rt1QS83Dg
Old 03-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #54
dieseltrain79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I miss going out runnin ... I know people scratch their heads when a factory turbo'd car on pump gas is running 11's ;)

Its so much fun , i love drag racing . But with a 3 wk old baby in special care atm , the new season is definately on hold for me

1991 Toyota Soarer TT - 11.72 @ 116.7mph

2004 Ford Escape XLT V6 - Family Ride .
dieseltrain79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #55
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltrain79
I miss going out runnin ... I know people scratch their heads when a factory turbo'd car on pump gas is running 11's ;)

Its so much fun , i love drag racing . But with a 3 wk old baby in special care atm , the new season is definately on hold for me
i know a dozen or so guys that miss u at the weekly dinner also family first everything else is second.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #56
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
This time i had the 215/60/16's on the back at about 23psi, last time when i went quicker i ran my regular front 245/40/18's on the back at 24psi with the chasers on the front at 45psi.
Mate try some 225 50 16 give u a lower tyre dia or 205 50 16 I have both the 205 are 0.2 quicker over 225 50 16 and the 225 50 16 are about 0.2 quicker then the 215 60 16 stockies.

Last edited by Giant; 05-09-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #57
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That much of a gain isnt really a surprise, i ran the 275/40/18 rears my 3rd last time and my best run was a 15.0. I tried to fit a 205/65/15 from my EB before i went last time but something wasnt allowing it to sit on the hub properly.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #58
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

E Series have a diff offset and also 15 inch don't fit over BA front brakes but I have read you can USE a pair of E series wheels on the rear for the track but they wont clear the front brakes.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #59
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I did a bit of testing on Wednesday and did a 15.9 on stock tune on LPG