Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #31
350125GO
67 Galaxie Hardtop

Default Re: modified cars in nsw lookout

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk6t
Can someone please clarafy for the simpletons, what is a modified car????

For example, say 200 cars in NSW go and get professionally lowered this weekend, do they all need to go and see a certified engineer for a compliance certificate?

Because technically the car has been modified.

Or if 10 people in NSW go and get their XR6 Turbo's tuned up at CV Performance or Tunehouse this weekend, again do they need a compliance certificate?

I can guarantee you that the 210 people that have had their cars modified this weekend for example (above) will have no idea about this and just continue on their merry way...
It is just for Engineer Certificates. I do not believe you require one for just a tune, only if you are doing major work such as adding a roll cage or something like that...
350125GO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #32
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

As far as I understand the current owner certified mods will still be allowed without a eng cert, eg 15% increase in engine size, wheels, suspension etc
Once you go outside these guidelines then you need certification
correct me if Im wrong
redxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #33
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Watch all the engineered car's sky rocket in price now............

I wonder what are the requirements for each engineering category, eg brake upgrade, chassic mods....

As far as i can see all the engineer's can do the job and there trying to make everything way more difficult!!!

Last edited by mickyyyy; 28-09-2011 at 05:55 PM.
mickyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 10:53 PM   #34
reece1
reece1

is anybody currently trying to get a car certified at the moment.
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #35
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I imagine GTP370 would be getting close to that stage and i'd be worried if i were him especially if it isn't filed before due date.
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #36
FPVGT500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who even engineers basic mods like cai, exhaust and rims because i dont
FPVGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #37
HP-0351
1409hp 1190lb.ft 18psi...

Below is a link to the first official piece of communication from the RTA NSW for Modified Vehicle Motor Enthusiasts regarding the meetings the ACMC Inc (Australian Confederation of Motor Clubs) have undertaken in the last few months.
http://www.confederationofmotorclubs.org.au/news.htm

The Daily 2003 BA GT Falcon http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11367185

The Weekender: 1971 Twin Turbo XY Falcon
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....=twin+turbo+xy
HP-0351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #38
350125GO
67 Galaxie Hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT500
Who even engineers basic mods like cai, exhaust and rims because i dont
I don't believe they are required. Major things such as - dropping a BB into a Cortina - would require one. As would tyres over a certain size/width, roll cages etc. Theres more info on the RTA webpage.
350125GO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2011, 02:31 AM   #39
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

http://users.tpg.com.au/janda_sj/RTA...t%20VSCCS.html

Have a read, but start with this page first -
http://members.iinet.net.au/~hanajan...t-page%201.jpg
Page 2, 3:-
http://users.tpg.com.au/janda_sj/RTA...r-comment.html
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #40
reece1
reece1

good reading
Old 16-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #41
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

A bit of feedback from a well respected Newcastle engineer mentioned in thread;
Quote:
AM- One of the statements in one of the posts there is completely and utterly wrong:-
Quote:
Quoting Forum member;- "AND all engineering files open prior to sept 30 will be allowed to be completed even after VSCCS is implemented. Example, my car has a file open meaning i went and saw the engineer, he told me what to fix, opened a file, and is now waiting for me to go back to pass the car."
Quote:
That is completely the opposite of what is the case. The changeover date, whenever it ends up being, will be the day when no further ECS certificates can be issued. Having a file open on a car will make no difference at all.
Friday at 12:03pm.
And;
Quote:
Oh, and a lot of those people think that things don't need engineering when they do. Wheels that are outside the "owner certified" limits in VSI 9, any modification that affects emission controls on vehicles ADR 27A-on, any exhaust mod behind a catalytic convertor, yada, yada,, yada.
I must say the insurance imposition may well be a business killer. Will need to involve Minister in all this.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 16-10-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #42
reece1
reece1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
A bit of feedback from a well respected Newcastle engineer mentioned in thread;

And;

I must say the insurance imposition may well be a business killer. Will need to involve Minister in all this.
thats right we all need to email the minister duncan gay as when this system is finalized if it does not fall on its **** first. the rta will have won and it will be so hard to get a car passed as with the insurance exces side of things no one in there right mind would want to put there name to paper with huge excess like that. there are dark days ahead for our passion guys and gals so email the minister and ask why the new sysytem when the old one works just fine. dont wait till its too late
Old 17-10-2011, 12:46 AM   #43
FPVGT500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stealth mods is the answer boys but lets keep it low
FPVGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post