Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #31
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Toll Fine for Personalised Plates

I remember reading many years back about a woman in New York who had accumulated tens of thousands of unpaid parking fines in a year, and was on the news for some sort of record number of fines.
The reason was that she ran a secretarial service, providing temporary secretaries to businesses. They are commonly known as "Temps", and her personalised plate was "TEMP".
The trick is, if the plate on an illegally parked car had a "temporary plate", or what we would call a dealer plate, the parking cop simply wrote "temp" in a box where it has licence plate details.
When entered into the system, they all of course went to the woman with the "TEMP" licence plates...

This was the late 1980's, so the system has probably changed by now. One would hope.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #32
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMyHubcap
A phonecall may reveal the best person for him to talk to about the situation so I will see how far I can go.

Sorry for that reply. I couldnt find the "sarcastic smiley"

My brother is a very socially inept person who keeps to himself (work, fishing, drinking and sleep with no emphasis on the sleep part) and would not know how a company like this works. He thinks he has to pay but there must be someone up there who is telling him to arc up.

Some new info: Those plates were on ebay for 10 days trying to be sold. Would someone see the listing and say "we might use those (mod their plate) to skip fines" ????

Cheers

I respect that you're close with your brother and you obviously are more than willing to help each other out. However, should you have had to go to ACA over this, you would have looked like the tool.

The fine was issued to your brother and it'd be your brother than would receive a summons for not paying it (if he had gone that way). If that was the case, would you have gone to the court explaining the exact same things you have explained here, to the judge, why he didn't bother about it? If you did, the judge would have told you to disappear and told your brother to front.

I will reitterate, I'm not disrespecting what you want to do for your brother and it is terrific you both look after each other, but in this case, your brother would have had to go to ACA to make the Gov't look like a fool, not you.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 04-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #33
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
"they send the image to QLD Transport who just send the ticket to the "closest plate available "

WTF??????

is that serious?
More than you realise. A few years ago the same thing happened in NSW, unfortunately the victim back then was a popular Radio/TV personality (Andrew Denton, I think).

When questioned an RTA spokesman said that if the numberplate was was difficult see in the photo they sent the bill to what they thought the plate was.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:00 PM   #34
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
I respect that you're close with your brother and you obviously are more than willing to help each other out. However, should you have had to go to ACA over this, you would have looked like the tool.

The fine was issued to your brother and it'd be your brother than would receive a summons for not paying it (if he had gone that way). If that was the case, would you have gone to the court explaining the exact same things you have explained here, to the judge, why he didn't bother about it? If you did, the judge would have told you to disappear and told your brother to front.

I will reitterate, I'm not disrespecting what you want to do for your brother and it is terrific you both look after each other, but in this case, your brother would have had to go to ACA to make the Gov't look like a fool, not you.
Dude....where the freak did I say I was going to ACA??? I said I liked flappists reply and answered your first comment with "I couldnt find the sarcastic comment". Is there a switch somewhere there??

Your respect sort of went out the window when you started making up stuff about going in front of a judge. Isnt there some sort of rule here about giving legal advice? The next step if I could have done nothing would have been his payslips/JP and faxing them to Flowtoll......all done without him calling

Did you miss the part about how it was all resolved with a phonecall to the right person?? This is the second time you have really made up stuff about this situation and you have been wrong every time.

Cheers......I think

BTW. You know nothing about my brother and I so stop assuming crap. We talk when important things need to be talked about....like fishing trips and things like this.

Cleaning wheelie bins-
Cats are good too. Fill to about 20cm with water, add soap and cat. Hold lid firmly closed for two minutes. Be sure to stand well clear when releasing cat.

All Whirlpool gold.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:25 PM   #35
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Dude....where the freak did I say I was going to ACA??? I said I liked flappists reply and answered your first comment with "I couldnt find the sarcastic comment". Is there a switch somewhere there??

Your respect sort of went out the window when you started making up stuff about going in front of a judge. Isnt there some sort of rule here about giving legal advice? The next step if I could have done nothing would have been his payslips/JP and faxing them to Flowtoll......all done without him calling

Did you miss the part about how it was all resolved with a phonecall to the right person?? This is the second time you have really made up stuff about this situation and you have been wrong every time.

Cheers......I think

BTW. You know nothing about my brother and I so stop assuming crap. We talk when important things need to be talked about....like fishing trips and things like this.

I did say, great you and your brother support each other.

I did say, IF, you had to go to ACA, your brother would have had to do it, NOT you.

Bottom line. IF the problem hadn't be solved by you acting as your brother on the phone, your brother would have had to sort it himself, because the fine was in his name.

Now get off your high horse.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 04-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #36
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Quote:
I did say, great you and your brother support each other.

I did say, IF, you had to go to ACA, your brother would have had to do it, NOT you.

Bottom line. IF the problem hadn't be solved by you acting as your brother on the phone, your brother would have had to sort it himself, because the fine was in his name.

Now get off your high horse.
IF I won the lotto then I wouldnt have to work (but that isnt going to happen) and IF is making you sound a little stupid. Too many IF`s make you procrastinate a little too much. IF you look at the facts and NOT make up too many stories then you probably didnt need to post anything did you because it has helped no-one really.

The stories you are making up exist only in the little world of your brain and my high horse was only saddled after your stories. IF you have nothing helpfull to say then maybe it`s time to shush.

Would you like the thread retitled to SVO`s Procrastinations??

Cleaning wheelie bins-
Cats are good too. Fill to about 20cm with water, add soap and cat. Hold lid firmly closed for two minutes. Be sure to stand well clear when releasing cat.

All Whirlpool gold.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #37
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

guys just relax a bit here

not worth the stress and other shoyt that comes with it

have a beer and relax a tad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-11-2011, 11:55 PM   #38
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
IF I won the lotto then I wouldnt have to work (but that isnt going to happen) and IF is making you sound a little stupid. Too many IF`s make you procrastinate a little too much. IF you look at the facts and NOT make up too many stories then you probably didnt need to post anything did you because it has helped no-one really.

The stories you are making up exist only in the little world of your brain and my high horse was only saddled after your stories. IF you have nothing helpfull to say then maybe it`s time to shush.

Would you like the thread retitled to SVO`s Procrastinations??

You have no idea how the world works. So continue with your lovely hubcaps.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:55 PM   #39
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Not sure why this warrants a thread - just ring them
Spot on. Why even worry about helping people with things? Just close the thread??

Cleaning wheelie bins-

All Whirlpool gold.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #40
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Quote:
You have no idea how the world works. So continue with your lovely hubcaps.
I must be doing ok if I fixed this the way that you said TWICE wouldnt work

Cleaning wheelie bins-

All Whirlpool gold.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:58 PM   #41
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

Um guys, I think both of you need to calm down....
Old 05-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #42
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keep it civil guys.....
Old 05-11-2011, 12:04 AM   #43
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

thread close to lock.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #44
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
I must be doing ok if I fixed this the way that you said TWICE wouldnt work

Where did I say, you ringing wouldn't work? I only said, you going on the idiot box, or fronting "the man" over your brothers unpaid fine would make you look like a fool.

I also tried to be respectful towards you and your brother and all you do is throw it in my face.

Hopefully you do win lotto so you can buy plenty of hubcaps to pimp. I'll make sure I sell you plenty to do it to also.

Enough said

Old 05-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #45
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Quote:
Where did I say, you ringing wouldn't work?
Quote:
You didn't get the fine. Your brother did. So no you can't sort it out, other than pay his fine.
True??

Quote:
I only said, you going on the idiot box, or fronting "the man" over your brothers unpaid fine would make you look like a fool.
And where did I say I was going to ACA?? I said I liked flappist`s reply. You dont need to keep going on and making things up.

Enough said or do you still think your right? I am being nice here mods. There is no malice in this post, just questions.

Cheers

Cleaning wheelie bins-

All Whirlpool gold.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #46
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

You were warned by two mods to keep it civil, locked.