Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #31
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New FG II - Possible hail damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjp
having been caught in this hailstorm and seeing what it did to laserlight there is no way a shade cloth would have stopped those bricks.
actually the shade cloth fared pretty well in our place.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #32
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyk54
My dealer says that some people have already taken delivery of damaged vehicles with a discount, some are refusing to take delivery if repaired - even with a discount. Their prerogative. As you say though, there will still be a long wait for replacements I'd imagine.

By the sounds of it, I was lucky mine was still on the Ford lot when damaged. I wouldn't have the same flexibility if it'd been damaged on the dealer lot. Would anyone be surprised if dealers repaired unwanted cars (discounted by the factory) then sold them as new cars anyway? I wouldn't.
it`s good they gave you the option, but if i was you Martyk54
(just my opinion), should you accept the repaired car , i would be asking for a bit extra warranty on the paint work, i`m thinking even if they do repair it without repainting it, the paint might have micro cracks in it that you can`t see or just be weakened because it`s been belted, maybe i`m wrong or being over cautious, but who knows what the paint work will do in the repaired area`s in a few years(after warranty expires) regardless.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #33
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned
If the vehicle has been repaired to as good as rolling off the factory floor, and combined with a furthur discount then I see this as a good outcome. Depreciation will hit as soon as you handover your coin so it does help with every dollar you can furthur save. On top of that, with the arrogance of people these days it won't be long before your pride and joy displays dents that were not optional extras from the dealership you purchased the vehicle from.
In regards to one of these repaired hail damaged vehicles, do you have to tell you insurance company that it had previous hail damage? Guess the answer would be yes
Old 18-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #34
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly
In regards to one of these repaired hail damaged vehicles, do you have to tell you insurance company that it had previous hail damage? Guess the answer would be yes
The question the insurance company ask, does the car have any unrepiared damaged.

If the damaged has been repaired then no you do not have to tell them that the car was repaired.

It will only matter if the car was repaired and not done properly and you have to make a claim. The insruance company may not cover the full amount of repair work due to bad repair's int he first place.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #35
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I'd say fleets will probably choose to take the discount on repaired cars. Private buyers might be a bit different.

Mate at work was offered $500 off the cost of his, cause it was hail damaged, cause its an employee discount they ain't offering jack. He didn't accept it and said build a new one. Why the hell would you accept a $500 discount to get a damaged car. No one would take that.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #36
martyk54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I'd say fleets will probably choose to take the discount on repaired cars. Private buyers might be a bit different.

Mate at work was offered $500 off the cost of his, cause it was hail damaged, cause its an employee discount they ain't offering jack. He didn't accept it and said build a new one. Why the hell would you accept a $500 discount to get a damaged car. No one would take that.
Well... mine is also a staff discount purchase so it looks like I'll be ordering a new one also. $500, that's pathetic, I'd laugh in their face. Surely the factory gave the dealer a larger discount than that when delivering the damaged car?
martyk54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post