Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #31
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: Aftermarket wheels 16" Wheels on Fiesta WS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brydie76 View Post
Probably one of the few things on the car going well at the moment- inside of line sounds like a can of marbles with all the rattles of late, need to figure out how to fix them : /
Is that from Ford having to pull the interior apart to fix the water leak? Was it alright beforehand?
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #32
brydie76
Moff-fan

For some parts, yup. It's too late after for them to reasonably connect any of it to the pulling apart unfortunately, as the rattles have only gotten worse/annoying in the last month. But that's another matter entirely and I'm pulling this off topic- again! : D

Now rocking a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport!
brydie76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2012, 03:00 AM   #33
bms

Our Zetec rims are crap have 2 that were buckled pretty bad one very bad and had to belt it out a bit so it didn't shake the car even on the rear.
If a class action was undertaken I'd be keen as well because there is just no way these are fit for purpose they're as soft as .
bms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #34
kesa32

Ok , my daughters car now has new rims (15" ) and tyres,,,kept the old ones , the tyre joint had 3 other sets they'd done recently , all buckled ........they know there's an issue with the strength of these rims , pity ford don't !!
l have'nt bothered with the legal avenue yet , but will look into it after xmas......it's going to be hard to fight a big company such as Ford, l think the most effective thing to do would be give the current affairs shows a ring and go from there......l'll look at that as well ( ford won't like that ! )

Have a good xmas

Cheers Ken
kesa32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #35
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My wife hit a decent hole in the Fiesta yesterday with the team dynamics rims, decent being a quite normal pothole, the wheel still seems 100% straight. That's good news regarding the strength of them, she showed me the hole today definitely big enough to have destroyed on the the original Zetec softies. I ordered the Haynes manual the other day, looking forward to having a read of that.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #36
bms

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesa32 View Post
Ok , my daughters car now has new rims (15" ) and tyres,,,kept the old ones , the tyre joint had 3 other sets they'd done recently , all buckled ........they know there's an issue with the strength of these rims , pity ford don't !!
l have'nt bothered with the legal avenue yet , but will look into it after xmas......it's going to be hard to fight a big company such as Ford, l think the most effective thing to do would be give the current affairs shows a ring and go from there......l'll look at that as well ( ford won't like that ! )

Have a good xmas

Cheers Ken
Let us know how you go with this Ken as the rims are definitely not fit for purpose and merry Christmas.

Cheers
Old 10-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #37
Samtheband
hear my ute purr.......

Just an update:

Ended up buying the CSA 'Sword' 16" Rims, and they are great. Got them from Jax Tyres in Bayswater, fitted yesterday. Look great, and have a lot more confidence in them than the original rims, specially as 3 of the 4 were buckled. WHAT A JOKE FORD!

No mods yet.
Samtheband is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #38
kesa32

Hi, we need to find a legal rep that is able to do "mates rates" or somthing as it'll cost a fortune to fight Ford
l've been flatout and when i'm not l forget about this as my daughter lives away from home and l only think about it when she visits etc
l see a few zetecs around town and l reckon over 60 - 70% of them have aftermarket wheels on them
Old 11-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #39
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The dealer here had a WS zetec traded and it failed road worthy with both front wheels severely buckled. Lol
Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #40
BrisVegas
Noobie

Another WS Zetec alloy down... :-(

Second one for us. I give up. I'm looking at aftermarket options. I'll try and sell the other 3 on fleebay to offset the cost of the new ones.

LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #41
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw a green zetec with the original wheels still on it the other day. First one in a while. Couldn't help but wonder if they were all straight. Not sure how they've done it unless the car only goes to the milk bar and back.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #42
kesa32

http://www.habush.com/articles/basis...tion-lawsuits/

This is what we need to do against Ford
Old 02-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #43
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They only have about 3 dollars in the bank and I want a Fiesta ST before they go broke ;p so wait until after that btw they had really good rims on the prototype ST but they stuck Ford spec ones on it for the production car :(.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #44
kesa32

Lol
Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #45
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had ROH Strada's (Australian Made) on both my WQ Zetec and my WQ XR4 running 205/40R17 tyres, never had a problem ... owned both cars for a around 6 years total.

I think the secret is just to buy decent quality aftermarket rims, as others have mentioned most rims these days are made in China and a lot of them are just junk.

Shame the stock Fiesta rims don't seem very good quality, you would think a big car company like Ford could have done better.

In contrast the stock 17" alloys on my wife's 2012 Swift Sport are flow forged Japanese made Enkei's ...

Although she's already managed to curb one of them ! ..aarrggghhhh !!!
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #46
brydie76
Moff-fan

So the alloys on the Swift Sport can take some accidental pothole bashing robjh80? (Obviously not major potholes, but the occasional cannot avoid/didn't see around bend ones you inevitably hit from time to time)

Sorry to pull this thread off topic, but after the rain in the last few weeks the roads in my areas are really bad again and want to know if I need to start my alloy slush fund again!!!

Now rocking a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport!
brydie76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #47
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brydie76 View Post
So the alloys on the Swift Sport can take some accidental pothole bashing robjh80?
Yea .. probably a little accidental stuff would be OK, the stock wheels on the SSS are very good quality and would be pretty strong, doesn't help having low profiles tyres though.

Will be putting 205/40R17 tyres on when the odd sized 195/45 Bridgestone's wear out .... the 205/40 is a much more common and readily available size and will give a little bit more protection to the edge of the rim ... the 195/40R17 are a very odd size, would be very hard to source anything in that size, would also be hideously expensive too.

Just have to be careful and keep the eyes peeled for those damn pot holes ! .. they're everywhere round Brisbane at the moment with all the heavy rain we've been having lately.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #48
BrisVegas
Noobie

Waiting on a shipping quote from tirerack, but does anyone see an issue with 16x7.5" rims in +42mm offset? They came up as a recommended rim for Fiesta, but are an inch wider than stock...

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand
Old 04-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #49
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
Waiting on a shipping quote from tirerack, but does anyone see an issue with 16x7.5" rims in +42mm offset? They came up as a recommended rim for Fiesta, but are an inch wider than stock...

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand
With that offset they will fit, I guess you are going to run 205s on them and I think that will be fine. I would have thought 7.5 inch too much for 195s?
Old 04-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #50
BrisVegas
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam View Post
With that offset they will fit, I guess you are going to run 205s on them and I think that will be fine. I would have thought 7.5 inch too much for 195s?
205's would be the idea down the track, but I have 4 perfectly good 195/45's i wanted to put on them in the meantime.

Oddly enough, tirerack suggest 195/50 as the size for this rim, which to me seems a little stretched.

There are other rims in 7" I will look at. Will see what the shipping quote is first.

Best quote locally I've had was for some Advanti Torino @ $170 a corner through the local Bridgestone. Still waiting on a phone call from Jax and Bob Jane.....
Old 06-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #51
BrisVegas
Noobie

Just as a follow up, tirerack got back to me with a price.

"Wheel total is $432, shipping FIE 6 day is $375.45 for a total of $807.45. "

Seems pretty steep for shipping? Does this seem right to anyone else who's done this?

There's a few CSA and Advanti wheels available locally through the tyre places for $170 each fitted. Just that my wife isn't keen on the look of any of them. Too much chrome and/or black. Much prefer silver painted like the stock Zetec rim and that Elbrus 105 I linked above.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #52
Moorie

Quote:
Just as a follow up, tirerack got back to me with a price.

"Wheel total is $432, shipping FIE 6 day is $375.45 for a total of $807.45. "

Seems pretty steep for shipping? Does this seem right to anyone else who's done this?
I got a price a number of years ago for my Navara and they also had a price for shipping via boat - sure it was weeks instead of days, but the price dropped significantly (sorry can't remember the exact details as I didn't go ahead with it).

Moorie.
Moorie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #53
BrisVegas
Noobie

cheers Moorie. I replied and asked if there was a cheaper/slower alternative and they said they could only do the Fedex 6-day as quoted.

I may still go ahead with it, as the wheel selections are so much better than here and it would only be $130 more than going with the cheapest CSA alloy wheel through the local tyre place. $810 vs $680.

I haven't called and priced up a set of Ford steelies yet, but that could be an option I suppose.

Anyone got a set they want to offload in Brisbane?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #54
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheaper for some CSA wheels here.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/csaalloywheels

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #55
Pursya

Brisvegas, I would put it to your preffered seller that you can get similar wheels at a lower price locally.
Don't lie, even link the wheels, but tell him your prefer his item but cannot justify the price difference.
Nothing to lose.
Even if he stands firm, you have lost nothing by trying.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #56
BrisVegas
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursya View Post
Brisvegas, I would put it to your preffered seller that you can get similar wheels at a lower price locally.
Don't lie, even link the wheels, but tell him your prefer his item but cannot justify the price difference.
Nothing to lose.
Even if he stands firm, you have lost nothing by trying.
I can't get a similar wheel locally, that's the thing. It's really just the CSA stuff that I can get locally in 4x108.

The OZ Racing Superleggera and Ford Racing multispokes are $149 on tirerack. Those wheels here are $500 a pop. Same with those Elbrus 105. $105 vs $375 here... So, yes I can get something cheaper here, but it's not a comparable product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
Cheaper for some CSA wheels here.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/csaalloywheels
Yeah, I showed those to my wife and she really isn't keen on any of the CSA/Mullins/Advanti stuff. She doesn't want chrome or black.

Anyway, I've found another set of Zetec rims cheap from a bloke on gumtree. One is buckled, the other three are fine apparently. Checking them out in the morning. Will keep a couple as spares for (inevitable) next time we buckle a rim.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #57
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I can't get a similar wheel locally, that's the thing. It's really just the CSA stuff that I can get locally in 4x108.
Have you looked at what "alloywheels.com" in the UK have available ? ... they have heaps of different 4x108 wheels.

A bloke I work with got a set of wheels from them for his XR4, from memory the air freight wasn't too bad and they arrived in perfect condition very quickly.

http://www.alloywheels.com/
Old 11-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #58
BrisVegas
Noobie

thanks for the tip, but i got some new wheels on Saturday, as mentioned above.
Old 14-03-2013, 02:58 AM   #59
bms

Well we've got 4 that's right four bent rims now

Only good thing is you can belt em a bit straighter with a nylon hammer .
Old 09-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #60
bms

Need a few people to like this on facebook to give Ford a bit of a hurry up re the soft Zetec rims . http://www.facebook.com/joy.ensor/po...t=feed_comment
Any help would be great . Maybe link it to their Facebook page as well.....http://www.facebook.com/FordAustralia?ref=ts&fref=ts