Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #31
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Default Re: Thoughts on what car to get next-after last one was stolen-Grrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Uteman View Post
If you enjoyed the time you had driving/working/owning your cars I wouldn't say its wasted money.
Very true.

I was looking forward to going to the lakeside sprints on Dec 8th, gunning for under 60 seconds. I have spent considerable time and effort working towards that, and no insurance money will ever compensate for that. Wouldn't even cover half the mods.

I still have to wait, see, (and hope) that it comes back, although I don't expect it will be in very good mechanical condition...
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #32
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...type=3&theater

Get in and share this please guys around brisbane. I want it found.

Anyone getting cheap parts, including BA GT front calipers, let me know please

Last edited by my_gxl; 03-12-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #33
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Still no luck.

I still miss it.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #34
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Spent the day southside investigating about my stolen car. Apparantely any late model V8 has been a target.

We almost need to keep the keys in a safe now.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #35
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

well lets hope it comes back
be interesting to know the % of cars that owners actually do get back in decent nick, found somewhere on the roadside because some hoon wanted to thrash it and then run out of petty

get an early falcon like a lot of others have posted and save for whatever you want to do as a project.

but lets hope the car is found safe and sound
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #36
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

The investigation feels like its been an eternity.

With the number of Boss V8's that have been deliderately targeted of late, I am guessing the engine and box is in a container headed offshore, and the body crushed by some shonky scrap metal merchant.

I know they must record the body numbers of all car body's they buy, but what if they are just part of the syndicate in this illegal parts ring?
I have been told the name of a very large metal company that just 'forgets' to write down the body numbers.
I am not naming anyone, or any company as what I have heard so far is only heresay.

Last edited by my_gxl; 12-12-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #37
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just want to ask something if you dont want to answer that is fine, but what actually happened and how did they get your keys?
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #38
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
I have wasted HEAPS over the years on my daily car, so maybe this is my opportunity to finally grow up a little, and save some cash, plus fulfil my want for the special project.
Settle down, there's lots of us old grown ups that love to spend heaps on our daily driver

(unless your married, that tends to slow things down a bit)
Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #39
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
I just want to ask something if you dont want to answer that is fine, but what actually happened and how did they get your keys?
I will leave that one alone due to ongoing investigations.

However, back on the topic at hand, there seems to be an extreme few 1957 mainline ute round. I have spoken to the 4 most knowledgable people along the eastern seaboard. I know of 3, however they might turn out to be rustrods-not ratrods.

I discovered VW golf GT Sports (1.4L supercharged and turbocharged) drive into a hole of nothing on take off. The solution to that was drive a Golf GTI. Then the budget issue emerged again.

I met Xtfreek, and saw his lovely F6 typhoon.

I learnt yeterday that a VW polo comes in a GTI version, but was dismayed it was 1.4L as well (although turbocharged at least.

I know of some F100's that I could do something with.

I still want a trackable car too. Yes I want the world.

The answer will only come after research, which is all I can do until I know what my budget it, and herein lies the main issue.

I really miss MY XR8.

Last edited by my_gxl; 12-12-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #40
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I will leave that one alone due to ongoing investigations.
No problem. Hope they throw the book at the offenders if they know who it is.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #41
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=my_gxl;4550274]I will leave that one alone due to ongoing investigations..[/QUOTE

who are you refeering too; police or insurance co???
rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #42
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

I just spoke to my mate, who said he saw it in brendale last friday or sat. Thats 1 week later, and right near my place. I bet they were coming to check out my house since they had the keys.

By then I had changed the locks and reset the remotes for the garage.

The worst part is that I hadn't spoken to my mate, (as i didn't have his number-since my phone was in the car) he just thought it was me, and didn't think anything of it. Still had the plates and wheels as normal.

Mongrels
Old 13-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #43
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Coming from an insurance background, this would be grounds to investigate a claim. It makes the OP look like he wanted the car to go missing so he can get a new car. The insurance company will have a set period such as 14 days to wait for the car to be found.

As the OP has just said the car has been stolen, he did not advise how it has been stolen. I just said that he should not make it to public he is looking for another car, not that he should not be thinking about what car to get.

And from my experience people who have had a car stolen, do not start looking at what they can get a day after it has been stolen.

I am not implying that the OP arranged anything or was involved any sort of way. I was just giving some advice.

Garbage. His car was stolen.

Given your insurance background, and considering this type of car (read 'not a shopping trolley') how many people actually want their cars back after they are stolen. Almost every time the "Victim" will want their cars to show up burnt out as quickly as possible. That way they can get on with the process of arguing with the insurer about the payout and get a new car.

I don't imagine many think, "Well my car is gone. I hope I can spend a month and a half using the bus and then get my thrashed, beat up car back so my kids can get stuck with a junkies needle left under the seat"!

More likely, "My cars gone, whats next"?

The insurance companies thoughts of 'Guilty until proven Innocent' goes againsnt every fibre of fair and correct.
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #44
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
However, back on the topic at hand, there seems to be an extreme few 1957 mainline ute round. I have spoken to the 4 most knowledgable people along the eastern seaboard. I know of 3, however they might turn out to be rustrods-not ratrods.
I was at a garage sale in Sydneys North West on the weekend, that happend to have a fair bit of early ford stuff (got an offy twin carb manifold for the flatheadand a few other 8BA bits) they also had a Mainline that was dissasembeled but compleat (doors and front sheet metal were removed and in the tray other wise assembeled) that looked to be a very sound shell

its currently on a 4 post hoist so you could have a real good look at it, it is for sale but I didnt ask a price as I wasnt interested

PM me if you want the guys contact details

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #45
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96 View Post
Garbage. His car was stolen.

Given your insurance background, and considering this type of car (read 'not a shopping trolley') how many people actually want their cars back after they are stolen. Almost every time the "Victim" will want their cars to show up burnt out as quickly as possible. That way they can get on with the process of arguing with the insurer about the payout and get a new car.

I don't imagine many think, "Well my car is gone. I hope I can spend a month and a half using the bus and then get my thrashed, beat up car back so my kids can get stuck with a junkies needle left under the seat"!

More likely, "My cars gone, whats next"?

The insurance companies thoughts of 'Guilty until proven Innocent' goes againsnt every fibre of fair and correct.

Yes that is exactly right, what is next, how do I make a claim, can I get a hire car. I have never in 5 years of claims seen or heard anyone say, what car should I purchase a day after their car was stolen.

Since being almost 2 weeks now, most people would be starting to think about what the next car is, NOT a day after the car was stolen.

The insurance company does not have to prove anyone is guilty of the offence, that is what the police is for. The insurance company does not work like the police. They also work on different law's. Police are criminal law where you are innocent until proven quality. Insurance works on civil law.

The insurance company does not have to prove beyond reasonable doubt to reject a claim. Unlike the police, they have to prove beyond reasonable doubt then go in front of a court and be found guilty.

Last edited by xisled; 13-12-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 13-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #46
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

so one week later these assholes are driving around in the car still, unchanged?
well lets hope they are really ******* stupid and get caught
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #47
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Yes that is exactly right, what is next, how do I make a claim, can I get a hire car. .
I asked all that when I was able to get hold of the insurance company. I wanted the hire car so I didn't have to take the train, as I have PTSD, so public transport gives me MAJOR issues.

The beaurocratic process I have no interest in. I want results. So far I have had none.

I made my point in the original post as to why I was writing this.

Just 20 mins ago there was a harley nightrod parked across the street, having a really good look at my place, and he was not on the phone, so had no other reason to be there.

Just having a break-doubtful.

I am now getting ill from the stress, and did not sleep well last night due to knowing my car was nearby. Now today...great.

Keep the thread on track please, and spread the word/keep your eyes peeled for my car if possible. Thanks
Old 13-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #48
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I asked all that when I was able to get hold of the insurance company. I wanted the hire car so I didn't have to take the train, as I have PTSD, so public transport gives me MAJOR issues.

The beaurocratic process I have no interest in. I want results. So far I have had none.

I made my point in the original post as to why I was writing this.

Just 20 mins ago there was a harley nightrod parked across the street, having a really good look at my place, and he was not on the phone, so had no other reason to be there.

Just having a break-doubtful.

I am now getting ill from the stress, and did not sleep well last night due to knowing my car was nearby. Now today...great.

Keep the thread on track please, and spread the word/keep your eyes peeled for my car if possible. Thanks
Hey mate don’t stress, I know it is a hard time. I am not saying you are involved in any way. Next time maybe go outside if you feel safe enough and see if you can get the rego and call the police. Maybe you should also report this to the police as you have a good description of the bike. Maybe also talk to your neighbours about the bike being there and see if they were expecting anything.
Old 14-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #49
kenz
BOSS Pilot

I'll keep an eye out, I live and work on the north side. They're pretty ballsy to be driving it around as if nothing has happened though

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #50
Andy777

did you let the police now that your car has been sighted since it was stolen

secondly ring the local police station, tell them about what happened yesterday and ask if they could parol the area, you will see some extra police activity in the area, or even invite a few mates over every night, so at least there is activity at your house

hope you get an update on your car and it works out for you
Andy777 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #51
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96 View Post
Ah but since when are insurance companies fair and correct ?

Choice magazine once had a cartoon depicting an insurance salesman saying........

"Home insurance? That's when we pay you every time your house burns down and you pay us every time it doesn't "
Old 14-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #52
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy777 View Post
did you let the police now that your car has been sighted since it was stolen

secondly ring the local police station, tell them about what happened yesterday and ask if they could parol the area, you will see some extra police activity in the area, or even invite a few mates over every night, so at least there is activity at your house

hope you get an update on your car and it works out for you
Yes. i updated the police via policelink email. I am going to call the hendra station-who are handling the investigation, and see if they actually care.
I am looking at security cameras to install now, and have been praising my dog for being mean to people.
Old 14-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #53
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

To top things off guys, my ex fiancee died at 4am this morning. I have a lot of memories of us together with this car.

We were meant to be married 12/12/12, however she must have known her time was near, and we broke up but remained close friends.

Could people help widen the efforts to find my car any way they know how.
Old 14-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #54
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully 2013 will be a better year.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2012, 12:04 AM   #55
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

I need a magnavolt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNVxHPJ0hM
Old 22-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #56
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

It lives.

I had just driven all the way to ipswich to look at a TX5 turbo telstar-as a cheap runaround car. The call from the police came 5 mins after I started looking at the car.

By the time I rdrove all the way back home, the car had arrived at the nearby yard. In a 5 min look (without touching it at all), I could see the following.

Missing the towbar, Xcal3, just the air filter from the airbox??? radiator, glove box, cup holder, boot release switch, XR ECU cover, gear surround, icc, leather console lid, silver 'twin vent' dash spears, clear tail lights,baby seat, and most other cabin personal items.

Found along the samford to dayboro road.

If it was you, fess up. Its being fingerprinted soon-it wasn't set up or done by me so I have nothing to hide.

If you know anything, please pm me so I can forward it to the police.

Honestly-who steals a baby seat???

Ex fiancee's funeral yesterday
Today, my car is back. (thanks baby-love you always)
Stress levels back in check.
12 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #57
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Interesting they only took that stuff then went to the effort of dumping it on a fairly main road. Hopefully your luck will turn around now, sounds like you've had a hard time of late

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #58
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

My mate thinks the joy riders dumped it, then 'others' took pieces as it was left there so long, esp since it kinda won't run without the ICC, or radiator.

Hope they use it in an auto car and suffer the milkshake.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #59
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Investigation of me is clear (as i knew it would be) so car claim is accepted, however there is no indication so far if it will be written off due to the repairs involved.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #60
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Investigation of me is clear (as i knew it would be) so car claim is accepted, however there is no indication so far if it will be written off due to the repairs involved.
If it is written off, buy it back and use it for a track hack.