Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #31
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: sweet deal - used fg brake pads - wtf

just out of curiosity here......what is the price of new, genuine FORD front brake pads for BA, BF...

I've done a bit of looking as mine have to be replaced shortly......I cant find them under $70........yet it has been stated this price is the same as new

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #32
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

About 230 bucks, less if spare parts likes you
BR2Z-2001-AA
Old 15-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #33
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just rang auto-pro to recheck my numbers, they don't have genuine Ford pads but do have Bendix

$69.95 front and $69.95 for rear.......so $140 for the set or thereabouts......however these are not the genuine replacement, I would hazard a guess that genuine would be dearer again as shown above

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #34
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
A point being made is that NEW pads are the same price or cheaper ....... so no need for a righteous rant at everyone thanks.
All due respects, but the beginning of the thread, many were downgrading the seller and people that have to buy 2nd hand to keep their car on the road.....

A couple of good comments were

"I've thrown pads with more meat than those in the bin before.
Who in their right mind would bid on them? "

and "If you need to buy used pads you probably can't afford an fg."

Comments like this aren't really supportive, nor thought put into situations that do arrise as I have pointed out.....So may I request you have a look back at the posts previous to mine and re-assess....

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #35
Towie 1962

Talking Re: sweet deal - used fg brake pads - wtf

Guys, i supose buying used brake pads would be like buying a used car. If they are roadworthy they would be ok, buying a s/hand car then replace everything in it so it is new again i dont think so. Anyway just my s/hand 20c worth. Cheers Neil.:
Towie 1962 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post