Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-03-2015, 08:24 AM   #31
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Strange one-off things your car has done

My old EL's cruise control wouldn't work with the head lights on.

Also, if you kept the headlights on, your foot on the brake and take the keys out of the ignition, the engine would keep running.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2015, 08:21 PM   #32
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Transmission light came on and went into limp mode halfway to Ballarat... Then came back fine 15 minutes later! Mechanic cleared codes and all well again. Very random.

Old diesel 60 series Landcruiser: engine would cut out just for a moment occasionally.... Was almost like car was hiccuping.

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
BA-XT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2015, 09:19 PM   #33
08G63T

My car hasn't done anything like this, but my motorbike has.

I would be riding it and it would just randomly turn off and it'll only do this twice. I'd start it and a couple of seconds later, it'll just die. Turn is back on again and it'll ride fine.

It'll do this anywhere from 10 mins to 2 hours in to the ride and regardless of it being babied or ridden like it's stolen.

I didn't ride it for about 4 months and started riding it a month ago and it's run perfect since.
08G63T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #34
iCat
doof doof doof doof

Got me from A to B without something breaking. That was a good day.
Old 27-03-2015, 09:46 PM   #35
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

I had a mx73 Cressida GLXi.

Drove it to Hungry Jacks with my eldest son when he was about one and a half after getting home from work late. Stopped in the car park directly outside the front door, hopped out of the car, slammed the door and all the doors locked with the keys in the ignition and Matthew still strapped in the baby seat.

Couldn't open the door with a coat hanger, Matthew wasn't able to get his belt undone and eventually went hysterical with a crowd of people watching from inside the restaurant. His mum had to send a spare set in a cab and when I got him out the staff made a fuss of him with ice cream.

Pulled the driver's door apart and put it back together again and it never happened again and even though I tried, couldn't get it to lock with the keys in the ignition. Never trusted the door again though.
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-03-2015, 09:55 PM   #36
olds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

System coms fault in the tezza and the Fwits at Ford still have no idea
olds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2015, 03:34 PM   #37
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Today my key fob thing was stuck on with the red light on and not flashing. The car wasn't responding. I had to open it and take it apart to reset it. Has never happened before.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2015, 09:13 PM   #38
hendrixhc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a Citroen Berlingo van ( yuk) for work and it does some weird things.

1) the rear wiper just starts working randomly.
2) you can drive it down the road, switch it off, switch it on 5 minutes later and it says "anti pollution system failure"
3) the strangest of all was when i went outside one morning to go to work and the thermal fans were going full blast, wipers on and indicators flashing. Couldnt start it, couldnt stop the accessories, disconnected the battery and waited a minute, reconnected and the accessories were still going. Went to get my phone to call the RAA and soon as i dialed then number it all stopped, locked itself and has faulted since.
1982 XE Falcon
1978 XCGS Falcon
1993 XG Ute
2015 FGX XR8
hendrixhc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2015, 10:49 PM   #39
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrixhc View Post
I have a Citroen Berlingo van ( yuk) for work and it does some weird things.

1) the rear wiper just starts working randomly.
2) you can drive it down the road, switch it off, switch it on 5 minutes later and it says "anti pollution system failure"
3) the strangest of all was when i went outside one morning to go to work and the thermal fans were going full blast, wipers on and indicators flashing. Couldnt start it, couldnt stop the accessories, disconnected the battery and waited a minute, reconnected and the accessories were still going. Went to get my phone to call the RAA and soon as i dialed then number it all stopped, locked itself and has faulted since.
That's the French for you...

I've got a Peugeot 307. For ages, the window switches in the drivers door wouldn't work properly. It would be a real struggle to get windows to go up or down.
I fixed it one day when I disconnected the switches when taking the door trim off and when I reconnected it, it has worked perfectly since.
Old 19-04-2015, 05:32 PM   #40
crumpet
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia View Post
My FG while reversing along a straight farm driveway at speed a couple of weeks ago. Heard the warning chimes with some big warning message coming up on the cluster. Couldn't read it as I was watching where I was going, but obviously the car didn't like going backwards that fast. Never seen it before, and never since.
A similar thing happened to me recently while reversing, and I didn't manage to see the warning either because I too was watching where I was going. I'm glad it's not just me...

Ford Falcon FG MKII XR6 (Kinetic)
crumpet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2015, 12:54 AM   #41
malazn mafia
Boss 335

FG2 GT. Gave it a good workout and parked it for 5 minutes. Hopped back in, pushed the button and it cranked continuously for 30 seconds with no sign of fuel or spark. It gave up cranking and I hit it again and she came back to life and has been good for 2 years...
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2015, 01:17 AM   #42
fps_grandma

Air conditioning turned on full blast at the same time I turned on my FGX XR6T.

It was off last time I drove it and it's never happened before.

Was easily solved by going to the Climate Control interface on the LCD screen, adjusting the temp one step then pressed OFF and it turned off.

What.

fps_grandma is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2015, 06:36 PM   #43
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Mustang started first time once.
Old 20-04-2015, 11:59 PM   #44
LyleXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My car hit a bus, it was a one off coz it wasn't capable of driving on the road again
LyleXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2015, 12:52 AM   #45
XW-BAXR6T

My car last night which was the 19th of april 2015. The alarm goes off for an hour not knowing my BA xr6t had an alarm lol or do i know if its the immobilizer etc

Strangest thing yesterday for me, i was hearing a car alarm for an hour last night starting at approx 8pm & since my car was the last thing in my mind of being the culprit never suspected mine at all. I went outside twice first time it wasnt going off as alarm was going off & on again every few minutes, second time again wasnt going off as if car didnt want me to find out! My neighbor is on top of the fence we share & asked me if thats my car & i said yes why? its coming from there! i must have been looking like an idiot as i was giving him a blank stare, he doesnt know i didnt suspect my car, any how i was still skeptical & stand looking at my car & just then alarm goes off im stunned lol so i disconnect battery thinking tomorrow id sort it out, next morning it was still doing it when i reconnected battery terminals but sorted it's self out & hasnt done it again yet! too early to tell if stoped all together.

What makes it so strange is that same day my iphone wasnt charging, my cars alarm goes off, alarm i never knew it had, and when it was bed time my iphones battery went totally dead making my iphone screen blank & i spend all day charging it & i do mean all day! it was like my house had entered an emp field of some sort which affected my car & iPhone electronics! Now both are working fine!

Nick.
XW-BAXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2015, 01:57 PM   #46
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

You may have an alien attack machine buried deep under your house. Time to contact Tom Cruise.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2015, 02:05 PM   #47
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it was your panic alarm going off i.e your horn change the battery in your remote or it will happen again
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2015, 03:18 PM   #48
XW-BAXR6T

Checked all those, nothing wrong. Also it wasn't the panic alarm. An alarm sound i never heard from my car before, a common alarm sound but not panic horn sound. Ive changed batteries on remote & all just in case.

Nick.
XW-BAXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2015, 05:30 PM   #49
BIONIC MAN
Two turning.. two burning

Few years ago, going down the road in town in my bf pursuit with a friend of mine.. Who happens to have quite dark skin.., All of a sudden the car lights start flashing and the alarm starts going off full blast and apart from being shocked and thinking what the hell!?!
My mate starts yelling.. Take the back streets! Take the back streets! There's a black man in the car with the alarm going off, we are going to be arrested!!!! Haha. It never did it again.
Funny at the time, seeing people's reaction just cruising along past them with all the lights and sirens going off!

BLOWN, 2013 FPV GS UTE
TURBO TERRITORY GHIA
545ci XB GS UTE
Daily, 2006 F250 crew cab
BA2 Fairmont Ghia
BIONIC MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2015, 12:44 AM   #50
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

XY did this at a Christmas party a couple of years ago- hasn't done it since

2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2015, 10:09 PM   #51
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

My first car (XE Falcon) flew for about 3m after my then GF decided it was time to have an argument while we were late for something! The XE never did it again (it could have it wanted to mind you!), and funnily enough either did the ex GF...

Wish I had kept it... The XE, not the ex.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2015, 01:45 PM   #52
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Driving along the highway in my G6e, cruise control on. Suddenly it drops gears and revs the crap out of the engine. Thankfully has been well behaved ever since.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2015, 01:49 PM   #53
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
Driving along the highway in my G6e, cruise control on. Suddenly it drops gears and revs the crap out of the engine. Thankfully has been well behaved ever since.
My EL used to do that, if you encountered any sort of hill it'd smash back into 2nd to pick up 10km/h so I converted it to manual.

Now drop gears ya bastard.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2015, 06:47 PM   #54
Vekgib

Current truck that I'm driving at work is a 2014 Isuzu. The radio has 18 presets for FM stations. No matter which station is saved into slot 12, the radio will intermittently cut across to 2WSFM for a few seconds every couple of minutes. Irrespective of whether 2WSFM is saved in one of the slots or not......
Previous truck I drove was a 2005 Fuso. From brand new until January (350,000km), the reverse camera would only work if it was raining....

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2015, 06:50 PM   #55
icantgetthis

Haha.
I love the reverse camera only working when raining.. gold.
icantgetthis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2015, 07:01 PM   #56
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My AU utes radio doesn't want to work on rainy days. Thought there must of been a leak getting into wiring. Cant find any. You can wash it and it wont effect it but as soon as it rains. It won't work.
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2015, 07:11 PM   #57
brennan.

Jumped in the BA xr6 I had at the time and turn the key to start, it goes BOOOM! from under the bonnet and smoke starts coming out from the bonnet gaps. I'm sitting there thinking oh geez its had it, I pop the bonnet and assess the damage, I see the PCV valve has blown off so I re-attach even though I'm thinking the engine is rooted but I attempt to start it again and it fires like normal, runs like normal and continues to run beautifully. I sold it a year later in excellent working condition. Not a clue what it was about but it never happened again.
Old 17-05-2015, 09:02 AM   #58
Wyldchippy
Starter Motor

Driving my 2010 FG xr6t ute to work last week and noticed an unusual clunking sound coming from the engine area, but only when it's warm and idoling. Also the car was shaking way too much at idol.
Took it in for a diagnostic at my local mechanic and only the Variable Timing Valve was showing up on the scanner.
However whilst idoling in his workshop I put the clunch in and the Sound/shake somewhat eased off a bit.
Pulled out the gear box to get to the clutch and noticed the centre ring on the clutch was sheared off, also the Centre bearing on the gear box was dislodged and lose as well.
So its getting new clutch plates.
Should have the problem solved

Hope this post helps

Regards
George
Wyldchippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2015, 12:58 PM   #59
scottyg938
Stock Boss

driving my XR8 in bumper to bumper traffic the other day, crawling along and it lost all electrics for about quarter of a second, lights, stereo dash lights, everything just flicked off and straight back on again

Blueprint | Manual | Leather | Premium sound | Sunroof | Shockworks coilovers | TrueTrac + 3.73 Diff Gears
scottyg938 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2015, 01:36 PM   #60
QLD-Bluey
True Blue

I have typed this on this forum before somewhere,.......I used to have a NCII Fairlane that would randomly not start. It would be completely dead. Turn the key,.....nothing. Sometimes you could wait awhile and try turning the key and it would eventually start or sometimes you came back the next day and it would start. I had it to auto electricians and mechanics,... they couldn't find anything wrong. Replaced starters and alternators, batteries etc. Never worked out what it was, but learnt how to deal with it. It let me down one too many times and I was stranded somewhere and it wouldn't start, so I was sitting there with my head resting on the steering wheel turning the key but with no luck. I started banging my head on the steering wheel in pure frustration (while turning the key) on the horn pad, the horn sounded and she fired?!?!?! After that when she stopped all I had to do was hold the key on and either beep the horn or flash the high beam and she would start.
Never got her fixed as I managed to live with the problem,..........I also didn't tell Ford about the problem when I traded her in 2006 on my new XR6!! LMAO
QLD-Bluey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: