Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: How did you become a Ford fan?
My Dad was a Ford man... I followed his passion... 61 43.57%
My Dad was a Holden man... I rebelled... 4 2.86%
My first car was a Ford, I was a fan ever since... 36 25.71%
I fell in love with one of Ford's classics... (such as GT or Interceptor) 31 22.14%
Other... 35 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-11-2005, 09:26 PM   #31
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my first car was a HQ holden (i still have it) and oneday at school my mate let me drive his XF fairmont around the car park. and i said i have to get an XF, but i ended up getting an EA (which was better than an XF anyway)
EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 09:51 PM   #32
The Mighty Red

Came to Australia when I was 12 in 1978, Dad bought an XA Fairmont 351 end of story.
Old 28-11-2005, 10:00 PM   #33
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my parents had a V6 VN.. enough said.
Since then the old man has always had nice fords including:
ed futura with those 5 spoke 15's, df ltd 5.0L, efii olympic classic, my au used to be his, and ba xr6t. I've just always liked the ford better, i think they are classier.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 10:12 PM   #34
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

I was a very misguided Holden fan when i was in my early teens, i learnt to drive in and owned 5 toranas. I have always loved cars and now im 35 and a fully quallified motor mechanic for some time now (and still love cars). But during my apprenticeship i realised very quicky that the most common car to come in with problems and major repairs were Holdens (AND STILL ARE !!) My boss was a very serious ford fan and owned a very nice ZB (and very fast). In the end i was sick of Holdens, and a customer of ours owned a very nice XEESP with a 351, after working on it and takeing it for test drives....i fell in love with it and asked if he ever wanted to sell it, please come to me first. That was along time ago and i still have it in my garrage (fully stripped for restaoration). I now also own a very nice XB GT replica wich is just awesome to drive...........thirsty.....but awesome lol
The family car is a very tidy 98 EL Falcon waggon with only 79,000 on the clock, and it just doesnt miss a beat. Personally i wouldnt own anything else now !!!
1974 XB COUPE
NO TRACTION AT EASTERN CREEK

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
COLD AIR INTAKE BY PERFORMER SHAKERS
FULL X-FORCE QUAD TIPPED EXHAUST SYSTEM
thunderoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 10:12 PM   #35
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Our XE family hack back when I was young. I remember quite a few times when she broke down on the road, but dad always got her going again. So I spose it was a feeling that I'd always safely get out of a sticky situation (stuck on the side of a deserted road at night when I was 6 was quite scary) with dad and the trusty falcon.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 11:40 PM   #36
need psi
slow & low EA Ghia

my old man was a taxi driver for 33+years, his only owned fords really, tried others like valients and one holden VK but never lasted with them. he had the vk for 3 weeks (was brand new) and it blew a head within the first month, dad got it fixed and sold it straight away.

i guess i got it from him really.

Ehab

need psi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 11:50 PM   #37
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

my dad always had fords for his car but bought holderns for the more family car but as a young kid i loved the EF XR and always wanted one until my brother got a xd and i liked the look of them to so i ended up gettin the one i could afford. Even today i am a bit like my dad i would buy a holdern but i like to drive my fords.

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2005, 11:52 PM   #38
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdclevo
My dad had a new XR 302w, new XY 351c and XB351c then the XD 6 : Even though a six cyl, i allways wanted one in a 351. Got one when i was 17 and then years later it is the only car i ever owned, or still own.
they are a f'n nice reliable car arnt they, if you treat them nice they will last a long time. The only parts i have problems with is some of the aftermarket stuff i put on eg sound systems, central locking ect

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 12:02 AM   #39
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I have always liked cars for as long as I can remember, but I honestly can;t remember why the Fords came out on top. I guess it may have something to do with my first expierence with a clevo when I was about 6 or 7 with one of the cars Dad was working on in his workshop one day. The sound, the feeling of the shed shaking when it started up etc etc. i was in heaven.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 12:09 AM   #40
fritzz

for the first 3 years of my life i was driven around in a 600hp xd falcon!! that was th only car apart from my dads landcruser workute that the famliy have. if i could remember i would emagen mum would be having a hard time driving it in the car parks, i would of been lump and scraping every wer. i cryed when dad soled it. then we ownd a brand new eb xr6, then a el xr8 now a baxr8 with 300kw wich i did my L plates in. got my licence last week and just finished my turbo el falcon as my first car not to mention every weekend of my life i when to the drags to watch my dad race his 9sec cortina. i am a veryvery in love with fords and always will be.
fritzz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 12:17 AM   #41
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I was born with blue blood ... both my parents loved Fords.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 12:23 AM   #42
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

My mate owned an XW Fairmont when we first got our licences. I loved cruising in that thing. Plus me and my dad were big Dick Johnson fans for years. Thats pretty much when it all started for me.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 12:35 AM   #43
fauxpas

Yes I am reading all these replies... MAD stories... keep em coming... I'm getting teary...

fauxpas? pronounce it?

My Ghia
fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 11:50 AM   #44
XAGSV8
Member 178

Before I was into cars I gunned for Holden because everybody else at school was (year 8). All my friends wanted to get an SLR5000 when they grew up so I did as well. Thats before I grew my own brain and went against them and liked Fords, must of being the sound of a 351 clevo driving past one day that did it. Also driving along in my mates VN one day part of the dash fell into my lap. Never looked back since.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 07:25 PM   #45
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Im with Des, I was born That way, then when i started to realise what cars were they had the GTHO's and that was like my barmitsfa ?.

My mum bought a Holden 4 months ago and she still parks up the street and walks in.

(Holdens will be towed or kicked in my driveway)

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 07:31 PM   #46
RUKIDN
Missing the boost :(

sadly guys no big story here haha just like essendon (go the bombers! hehe ) i grew up simply just loving ford's like my dad.. seems our dad's pointed us in the right direction early in life! :hihi:
RUKIDN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 08:43 PM   #47
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was 16 I was a Holden Man,main influence from me mates, then I was at my uncles place and he had a motor mag with a comparo of the ef xr6 and 8 against the vr s and ss, and how the xr6 blew all of them away, thats when I changed and havent looked back since.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 02:17 PM   #48
DailyDriver

I was looking at buying a daily driver but it had to be big & comfortable enough to take my whole family as well (3 kids) . I already have a Commodore so I wanted something different...enter the AU! I love the car, it looks great & handles well and the power i the I6 is better than I though it would be....The BA's under $18,000 (my budget) looked to plain & too many KM's for such a new car....I'm glad I chose the AU!

All Go.......VXSS.....380bhp

All Show...2001 AU2 SR...210bhp...SOLD!
DailyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 03:43 PM   #49
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

The year was 66-67 mad Gmh uncle decieds to take nephew (that be me) who had been loosing intrest in pulling Match box cars apart ,too Sandown raceway ware from front row seat I could see this gold fire breathing monster XRGT come from rear afield
(yes all the quick ones used to start there) to take victory ahead of jags,minis eh,hrs ect...The niose from this rocket remains in my head like it was yesterday.. the rest as they say is history...40 odd years on the list up the drive went something like this
XW panel van (my first & only true love) XT fmt wag XW fmt sed Xb 500 XeSpac Mk11 Cort. Ed futura Xy 351 ute to my currant and last love Au11 xr8 sorry to go on a bit but just love them blue ovals
Ps. educate ya kids while thier young it will rub off ..1st son Xf rocket. Au11xr8. Baxr8.ute.
2nd son Ea ghia Au111 sr.........
If that fails don"nt let them park in driveway
P.s.s
Uncle last seen driving off in the sun set in a HZ prem.blaming dad for my poor up bringing
lol Whoosha

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 03:53 PM   #50
masters24
I gots me a UTE

My old man was a ford bloke, therefor my bro became an even bigger ford lad, and i am the 1st chick ford nut in my family (Although mum does drive a cougar, but knows nothing about cars)....

3/4 in our family can sit down and chat about our cars, and others (and boats too..) but every now and then i feel I have to keep mum amused...

masters24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 04:12 PM   #51
nang3

when i was in YR 11 my grandma won one of the $2 raffles u see at shopping centres..
the prize was a fully restored 1966 Gunmetal Silver, red leather interior, 289 powered Mustang Coupe and it was showroom condition !!
Unfortunately in Yr 12 i had my license and no car so i pretty much *had* to drive the stang to school.. terrible times haha

anyway after that the only other ford experiences i had was in my mums ford rally car.. oh sorry, company car i mean!!

then i was a nissan man until i was bored one day and went and checked out the FPV showroom and then i was hooked haha
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 04:21 PM   #52
chief
FTF Club Moderator

My grandparents never drove or even had a licsence. My father was Blue blooded owning an ex XD cop car and later a V8 NCII Fairlane Ghia new. Now unfortunately he drives around in a Tarago and I have the blue blood.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 10:00 AM   #53
red_hotxr6
Banned

Thumbs up

My brothers were holden mad but my other half is a ford man through and through, but i love them anyway hence my xr6.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 11:25 AM   #54
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The BA. Simple. Oh, and the father in-law works for Ford :p

During the AU years, I was always anti-Ford and anti-Holden, always have and always will be anti-Holden, but the AU became a pretty bad laughing stock and was very good joke material between me and my mates who were pretty heavy Mitsubishi fans and also pretty heavy into imports as well...

Anyhow, by the time the BA arrived, I'd been seeing (my now wife) for over 2 years, and the father in-law brought one home - and XR6T Ute. We drove it for over an hour - Done - I changed there and then. Ford actually convinced me then and there that they could build a good car. Coincidently - this was around the same time (2002 ish) that Mitsubishi really started to take a bad turn..

Been a Ford man since and I haven't looked back (Although, I'm now married into the family as well - so I probably couldn't leave Ford if I wanted to : )
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 04:13 PM   #55
XE351B

my dad worked at ford in broadmeadows for about 11 years, his always owned fords and passed on his xe on too me when he upgraded to an ef fairmont, since then i have done a complete rebuild of the xe and put a 351 in it.... absolutely love it.. cant beat old car styling.........Driven plenty of commodores (just isn't the same)

i guess the old man has put me in the right directon.......lol
XE351B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 05:38 PM   #56
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba-xr8
I was a strictly holden person up until the BA series of Fords, now im a big fan
exactly like me..
no manual FI in the holden range so xr6t it was.
love it
Old 14-12-2005, 05:56 PM   #57
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

The old man worked as a Sparky for Ford for many years,
always had at least two in the driveway while we were up north.

A very good friend of his had a two door Munroe and a XYGT (no not a HO)
I was luck enough to sit in passengers seat of both cars at 100Mph + on the Great Nothern Hwy.... <drool>
The GT was just such a great sounding car...
I was hooked from then on, made the old man teach me everything he knew.
I could tell the difference between the models from the age of eight or nine.
(XK-XF at that stage)

(unfortunately the GT got sold after my dads mate died in a mine site acco)
(.... his x-wife sold it for 10 grand in 1988 when my dad and I offered a lot more) :(

D:
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #58
crannersEL
Banned

After watching the V8 as a kid, even tho ford hasent been to successful untill recent times. Dads always owned Falcons over the years. And yes i now own one myself!

Paul
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 08:18 PM   #59
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

My brother forced Ford upon me. Not that i resisted! Probably would've chosen Ford anyway. Feels right _2:

pics of my ute HERE
Marlin_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 08:44 PM   #60
FJ20ET

I spose a lot of people are wondering why Im here whith a name like fj20et.Although I drive a 84 silvia and a 84 skyline at the moment here's a list of my past car's.
xw falcon 500
mark 2 cortina
xr falcon 3.6(or 221)in powder blue
rx4 13b sedan
rx4 13b sedan(yes two in a row)
mk2 cortina 2 dr
gtl mk2 cortina with 2ltr 5spd conversion
tc cortina wagon
mazda capella 13b efi
79 skyline 2.4 efi turbo
84 r30 skyline 2.4
and the silvia
my dad was a service rep for ford back when they made real cars(xr xw xy gt's ho's v6 capris and such)and he bought a different one home evry night for the family to test.He even did time in the pits at bathurst(the guy thet rolled his xy gt along the fence ;can't remember his name)
Ever since I've been into cars but ive always had a soft spot for fords .but I can still appreciate a well modified car what ever the make.
I just like cheap gforces.
FJ20ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post