Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-05-2006, 07:53 PM   #31
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Don't worry about the sequence..just stick it in mate.There are mods which would benefit most fords.The xr sixes can benefit from a diff as much as any ford,so too can a v8 au.The cams in the xr6's have less lift on exhaust than a stock cam so its all relative even if they have more on intake.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #32
f4ir-mont
Smokin ya all the way....

i done almost all the above mentioned mods, final couple of things i need to do is the diff and a flash tune.. what i want to know is whats the diffrence between a flash tune and a custom flash tune?? is it actually worth the $600 more price tag??

AU Fairmont

D3V1L I6
f4ir-mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #33
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Don't worry about the sequence..just stick it in mate.
Good old fatherly advice there. I just wish I had worked out where to stick it in first
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #34
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
Good old fatherly advice there. I just wish I had worked out where to stick it in first
Pretty much the same end result anyway! :

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 11:21 PM   #35
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Ok. I have just about done all the engine performance mods that I can think of, without going forced induction. I still need to do all the handling mods, suc as suspension, Diff gears, LSD, Slotted Rotars, Rims, and whatever else. I'm on night shift tonight, so I might do them, might not, but I'll post if I do.

Here is the link again

Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 11-05-2006, 12:44 AM   #36
I6corp
Was V6corp

Mate, that link is word file is going to save me so much time and questions.

Cheers
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 03:30 AM   #37
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

updated...

Please note - 3.5Mb

Note: - Get broadband, then mod your car...

Old 11-05-2006, 05:50 PM   #38
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
Once your standing on top of it just go for it I say !! The end result should be the same :

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 14-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #39
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
i done almost all the above mentioned mods, final couple of things i need to do is the diff and a flash tune.. what i want to know is whats the diffrence between a flash tune and a custom flash tune?? is it actually worth the $600 more price tag??
Yes. A custom tune suits your particular car's state of tune at the time. A generic tune probably won't. Shop around for a good tuner with a decent price to do so.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 12:57 AM   #40
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Good Document buddy, good read and informative.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 02:23 AM   #41
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

updated.... (mainly diff ratios).

I need some guidence on suspension mods and prices too...

Old 16-05-2006, 09:57 AM   #42
I6corp
Was V6corp

Keep up the great work mate,

I think i say this for all the newer members, when i say "Cheers"
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 10:12 AM   #43
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

would you notice the difference with only a 2.5"cat back exhaust ?
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #44
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

depends... are you deaf? Are all your previous cars V8's? You will notice a slight difference... but it's not like a 50rwkw boost....

Old 17-05-2006, 12:47 AM   #45
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

au3 chaser what cam are you running in your car ?
FS5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2006, 07:23 PM   #46
TCK-098

Quote:
Fairmont Ghia has the same engine as an XR6 but higher weight too
:evil_laug And i love the look on XR6-8 faces when i beat them too priceless
the ghia only weighs 1595 wasted the money on a Chiptorque product and went backwards but got refunded :Up_to_som next thing is a billet cam and finally a L.S.D centre.
Old 18-05-2006, 08:07 PM   #47
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krustytheclown
:evil_laug And i love the look on XR6-8 faces when i beat them too priceless
the ghia only weighs 1595 wasted the money on a Chiptorque product and went backwards but got refunded :Up_to_som next thing is a billet cam and finally a L.S.D centre.
time to take it to the track I think.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 06:24 PM   #48
TCK-098

Shane i intend on going to the track once i get the diff done looking for a low 15 to high 14 pass with current set-up.
Old 25-05-2006, 12:13 AM   #49
xr640lt
Starter Motor

Hey just went to the track tonight and ran a 15.2 et. at 89.84 mph. this may sound normal to some the thing is. my car is a Stock 98 fairmont ghia VCT. all it has is a 2.5" cat back tube! insane hey. I stalled it to 2 grand and bam i ran a 15.2. just proves how good the Ford VCT engine is. i can't wait to put on the extractors their just laying in my room. BTW casper i'm coming after your time!!!!

cheers All "zfoord"
xr640lt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 07:48 AM   #50
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr640lt
BTW casper i'm coming after your time!!!!
Good stuff, go for it. I've had that time far too long anyhow. The VCT's certainly can suprise some days. Looks like you got a great 60 foot time and it paid off!

Old 25-05-2006, 06:13 PM   #51
janek
Ripping it up

and they can surprise even more pulling 16.5's with a dead MAP :S
janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 06:30 AM   #52
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

I have changed mt website domain, and as such, you will need a new link for the file:

Here it is: AU Falcon 6 cylinder Modification Guide (or AUMG for short)

Old 26-05-2006, 07:46 AM   #53
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Good ideas here and well done AU3Chaser for starting it. I downloaded your doc and will check it out. Very fast too, took me like 3 seconds
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 08:35 AM   #54
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
Good ideas here and well done AU3Chaser for starting it. I downloaded your doc and will check it out. Very fast too, took me like 3 seconds
lol - the advantages of Australian Based Hosting!

Old 26-05-2006, 10:50 AM   #55
sickxr
Ford POWER!

Good work mate! Love the pic of the Quad with the big wheels!

sickxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #56
Stav
Smile

After many countless hours I am on the border of revealing my head modifying secrets...but then I wont sell my best seller!!!

Old 19-06-2006, 08:05 PM   #57
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

better be more then just a shaved head for more compression... maybe a VCT conversion, or a BA cylinder head?

Old 19-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #58
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
better be more then just a shaved head for more compression... maybe a VCT conversion, or a BA cylinder head?
The difference between VCT and HP is actually minimal.. mayge 4-6rwkw. Its the drivability that is improved.
As for BA head.. not possible. Its DOHC and doesnt fit a SOHC block.. and even if it does the EECV cant run it.

No, I know what Stav is talking about and its pretty impressive to be honest.

Old 20-06-2006, 12:13 AM   #59
Stav
Smile

OK,ok!! I will let you all in on a secret I discovered as I was fussing around with au six heads. The exhaust port measures at 35mm
The factory ford exhaust gasket is 40mm in diameter.On my car the JMM race series extractors and indeed many other brands of extractors have a diameter of 37mm.This is fine.However using the factory steel exhaust gasket would be much better replaced with a 37mm gasket to stop gases building up in the gap between the larger diameter exhaust gasket . It may well work against flow in this instance.

Secondly the intake gasket for the broad band manifold is exactly the same size as the exhaust gasket!! Theoretically it should be larger than exhaust gasket...

In my opinion 41 mm headers are overkill.

Old 04-08-2006, 04:42 PM   #60
Camikaze83
Starter Motor

Have just purchased au2 xr8, and was wondering where on earth i could get some extractors for $800 installed as i previously read. Im in melbourne and anyone who could tell me where to get a decent set for around that mark would be greatly appreciated as i have been qouted upwards of $1000.
Camikaze83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post