Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #31
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The term Fraud dealer used earlier in this thread is apt. I bought a second hand AU XR8 from a dealer in Mordialloc Victoria. They told me to go get the cash and they will service it for free while I'm gone. The car comes back four hours later, they give me the keys, and I drive 1 hour to my parents house. I walk around the passenger side of the car to find scuff marks on the mirror and two big dints in the door. They'd crashed the car at the dealer, not told me about it, then denied all knowledge when I went back.

Recently a similar thing happened with my BA XR8 in Woden Canberra. I had my car serviced, drove it home, went to the gold coast for a week, came back and backed the car out for a wash and found a big dint in the passenger side. I also found the dealer had left the left rear wheel with only two threads on each nut. There is also a bad clunking noise coming from the front of the car since that service too.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #32
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

Mine has a happy ending.
A national company that I was working for delivered my company car from interstate, but before I was to take it it had to go and be serviced.
Well the guy did an inspection on the car and gave us a faults list.

At the end of it all I brought this car and with all of the actual needed repairs and Vic reg it still owes me under $2000.

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo
Gilesie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 05:00 PM   #33
blue terra
au=gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
I wonder how many are true?

Did they FIX the car? did you ASK how much before you left it for service? Did you think to ask what you were going to get for your money? sounds like you didn't.

These threads are a waste and also just a cheap BAG session. Did anyone here complain in writing to the Dealer Principal of the FORD dealers that have been named? or, did everyone just **** and moan to their mates and in threads like this one?

If you guys FOUND these places ripped you off or that the service wasn't up to scratch why didn't you complain? not get all bent out of shape and call people names but take it to a logical conclusion? WRITE a LETTER and complain? This would bring this sort of BAD Service you are complaing about to the eyes of the Dealer Principal. NO Company wants to lose customers. Complaining will help to formulate a better Policy for Service departments.

We have TWO Ford dealers here that SPONSOR this place and all that can be done is to BAG them along with all the other Ford dealers. If you don't like going to Ford dealers, DON'T go?
Just what i've done. The secretary rang me up to ask if i has happy with the service and work done. Told her straight out that it would never be returning as i got told too many conflicting stories and it would have to go back the next week to fix up what should have been done in the first place... So thompson ford you lost a customer in me..
blue terra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #34
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd5.8l
Hmmmm???? Hypocracy at its very best.
Careful mate.

A fair price is not a price that someone agrees to and then tries to jack up by 50%!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #35
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:
I wonder how many are true?

Did they FIX the car? did you ASK how much before you left it for service? Did you think to ask what you were going to get for your money? sounds like you didn't.

These threads are a waste and also just a cheap BAG session. Did anyone here complain in writing to the Dealer Principal of the FORD dealers that have been named? or, did everyone just **** and moan to their mates and in threads like this one?

If you guys FOUND these places ripped you off or that the service wasn't up to scratch why didn't you complain? not get all bent out of shape and call people names but take it to a logical conclusion? WRITE a LETTER and complain? This would bring this sort of BAD Service you are complaing about to the eyes of the Dealer Principal. NO Company wants to lose customers. Complaining will help to formulate a better Policy for Service departments.

We have TWO Ford dealers here that SPONSOR this place and all that can be done is to BAG them along with all the other Ford dealers. If you don't like going to Ford dealers, DON'T go?
Thankyou for your insights.

I did complain in wriritng to the Dealer Principal and recieved no response.

I also asked them to call me before they incurred any cost on my car. They didnt.

I left the car and asked for a quote, that was why I left the car with them.

I dont know what else I could do to protect myself from this type of behaviour. It seems obvious to me that the dealer principal, nor the service manager was not interested in what I was unhappy about.

I could not know I was going to be unhappy with the Ford Dealer until I went in the first place, so I dont think your comment regarding not going if your not happy applies until you have been stung.

I have had no experience with the site sponsors you refer to, I am naturally gratefull that they sponsor this site. IF I had a good experience I would share that too with forum members.

I have replaced 10 fleet vehilces with cars other than ford's in the 12 months since, I hope they enjoy their $92.40 Their decision to charge me $92.40 for a quote is going to cost them millions as a dealer. (not that you cant tell I am still angry!)

I have told everyone I know who manages fleets, I will continue to tell everyone who will listen.

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 08:45 PM   #36
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTAXI
Charged $92.40 for a quote.
Did they have to do any diagnostics or just supply a written quote?
If they had to spend time to diagnose a problem they deserve to be paid for their time to do so, but you should have been made aware there may be a charge involved.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #37
xd5.8l
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Careful mate.

A fair price is not a price that someone agrees to and then tries to jack up by 50%!

GK
I don't give out freebies, well not any more. I gave you my reasons for my price adjustment, your loss not mine.
If you call that a fair price you must be kidding me!
xd5.8l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 11:57 PM   #38
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
I don't give out freebies, well not any more. I gave you my reasons for my price adjustment, your loss not mine.
If you call that a fair price you must be kidding me!
The price that you're complaining about as being unfair was the price you initially asked for! That's hardly my fault if you set yourself an unfair price!

Your help with the job was never a freebee, even though when you first made the offer you said you would help me. When I offer to "help" someone, it doesn't usually involve money. It was only after I accepted your help, that I found out that the help would come at a price! Ok, fair enough, that became clear soon enough. You set a price and I agreed!

If you want to be paid a fee to do a job for someone, you have every right to ask for one. But to set one, have that agreed to, and then put it up by 50%, don't be surprised if people choose to pass up on your help. That's not the way I would choose to do business. So I chose to pass on your offer. Simple!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 25-06-2006, 12:13 AM   #39
xd5.8l
Banned

Ofcourse its going to come at a price and I only made the price adjustment after I assessed the difficulty. What do you reckon people $150 to install a set of springs front/rear? I can do it roughly in 3 hours on an IRS falcon (shorter on live axle version). Depending on how ****ed I'm and how much I want to damage my knuckles :jab:.
Old 25-06-2006, 12:21 AM   #40
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sooooo... anyone got any horror stories about repair joints?
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2006, 12:28 AM   #41
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Ofcourse its going to come at a price and I only made the price adjustment after I assessed the difficulty. What do you reckon people $150 to install a set of springs front/rear? I can do it roughly in 3 hours on an IRS falcon (shorter on live axle version). Depending on how ****ed I'm and how much I want to damage my knuckles :jab:.
You're pushing this aren't you? Ok.

Others may deem $150 to be fair. That's up to them and they are welcome to comment. But don't make that the issue for me, because it's not.

The price of your help was $100. I accepted that, so we had an agreement. You set the price of that agreement, not me. Then you changed it. You went back on the agreement we made. That's the point. You put it up and expected that I would accept, only I didn't. I declined, as is my perogative and now you're finding it so hard to accept, and talking like you have been so hard done by me!

I honestly don't get it!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 25-06-2006, 12:40 AM   #42
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEL
sooooo... anyone got any horror stories about repair joints?
LOL!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 25-06-2006, 01:05 AM   #43
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
You are kidding. How do you see that charging someone to "help" them is OK? If you were a professional, and the quote disclosed to GK in the first place, then maybe $150 is OK. It's not that much under commercial rates though, and is cash in hand, with no tax, no warranty, no care and no responsibility. $100 is too much IMO. $50 as a token fee is all that I would expect - and I would not pay it if I was asked for it, but I would pay after the job was done, as a token of my appreciation to the person helping me. Based on your rates, Bucky owes me more than the value of his car. LOL But I though people on the forums might actually be interested in helping others (no charge).

GK - spend your $100 on juice, come on up to Canberra and I'll do them for free. I'll even supply beer if you supply lunch.

So...bad service stories - chalk at least 1 up to xd5.8l

Should I mention that I can do it in 20 minutes per corner. So that's 80 minutes. Unless Bucky helps me, then that estimate doubles (he talks a lot).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2006, 01:11 AM   #44
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
You are kidding. How do you see that charging someone to "help" them is OK? If you were a professional, and the quote disclosed to GK in the first place, then maybe $150 is OK. It's not that much under commercial rates though, and is cash in hand, with no tax, no warranty, no care and no responsibility. $100 is too much IMO. $50 as a token fee is all that I would expect - and I would not pay it if I was asked for it, but I would pay after the job was done, as a token of my appreciation to the person helping me. Based on your rates, Bucky owes me more than the value of his car. LOL But I though people on the forums might actually be interested in helping others (no charge).

GK - spend your $100 on juice, come on up to Canberra and I'll do them for free. I'll even supply beer if you supply lunch.

So...bad service stories - chalk at least 1 up to xd5.8l

Should I mention that I can do it in 20 minutes per corner. So that's 80 minutes. Unless Bucky helps me, then that estimate doubles (he talks a lot).
You are a good man JC!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 25-06-2006, 01:38 AM   #45
xd5.8l
Banned

It wasn't to help but to get the job done. Who in there outright mind enjoys working on other peoples boxes, honestly? I know I don't thats why I charge. There are cars that deserve to be treated like royalty, the others are just taxis.
Old 25-06-2006, 01:44 AM   #46
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

rofl
for some people, me included, it's a hobby - not work, you enjoy doing it
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2006, 01:54 AM   #47
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEL
rofl
for some people, me included, it's a hobby - not work, you enjoy doing it
Agreed.

Worked on a friend's Laser a few days ago, oil, filter, air filter, plugs. The look of appreciation on her face was well worth it.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 25-06-2006, 02:09 AM   #48
xd5.8l
Banned

Yeah well minor service things, even cam belts on certain vehicles I'm all cool with. It's when you need to bust your balls in less then ideal working conditions when the fun goes out of it.
try doing heavy duty springs on a LH torana, changing front castor bushes on sv21 camry or change steering rack on N13 pulsar you'll see what I mean.
All the mechanics I hang around with are sick and tired of people wanting stuff done for nothing and therefor no after hours work. I personally charge half of what a professional workshop charges which is very reasonable.
Old 25-06-2006, 02:50 AM   #49
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Yeah well minor service things, even cam belts on certain vehicles I'm all cool with. It's when you need to bust your balls in less then ideal working conditions when the fun goes out of it.
try doing heavy duty springs on a LH torana, changing front castor bushes on sv21 camry or change steering rack on N13 pulsar you'll see what I mean.
All the mechanics I hang around with are sick and tired of people wanting stuff done for nothing and therefor no after hours work. I personally charge half of what a professional workshop charges which is very reasonable.
If you are in the trade, I can see how you could get sick of it. I mean, the last thing I want to do is help someone write some new software, because that's what I do for a living. But if I did, and if I did charge, I would be upfront about it.

Half rates is mates rates, but you need to tell the mates first.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 01:26 PM   #50
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

Im not a mechanic by all means, nor a landscape gradener, a painter, removalist, etc etc etc, but if a "Mate" needs a hand i will gladly give it. I only have 1 day off a week if im lucky, i do pretty big hours, and even on my 1 day off (Like yesterday) i often work, thats my job, but im still more than glad to help a mate, i dont care what it is, weather its a simple hey lets paint the shed this weekend, or lets go dig up and shift those 50 massive bolders this weekend. Fair enough, as said i am not a mechanice or landscapper or removalist, and if i was it would propbably be the last thing i would want to do on my day off, but what goes around comes around, i help a mate out this weekend, all i ask for is beer & a feed, and quite often i bring my own beer and my own feed, but later on down the track when i need a hand, i know they will be more than willing to pitch in and lend a hand. Its what being mates is all about. If it is a big job, that you know they really dont wanna do, by all mean i will grab a carton of beer for them for there efforts & normally help em drink it to, & there more than happy with that. I have had plenty of occassions where i have helped people out with all sorts of things, weather it be mechanical, stereo installs, landscapping, moving, giving them a lift somewhere, picking em up from the airport, whatever, and never do i ask for or normally take any form of payment for it, the only time i take payment for something i "Help" a "MATE" with is when they really really really really insist on it, and even then i say fine, i will buy a carton & soem snags, come round for a few beers tomorrow on you. Simple.

I dont really know what the deal was between xd5.8l and GK, but personally i wouldnt charge a mate for "Helping" out, if the mate gave me a carton and drank it with me to, i'd be more than happy, but even if you did charge for the work, and you Both agree on $100, that shouldnt change, your only as good as your word, and if you chop and change deals around like that, then your word means jack, people get ****ed off and wont deal with you again, in any way, weather as a mate giving a hand, or professionally either.

Just my 2c worth.

Cheers.
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 01:32 PM   #51
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

Oh and as far as mates rates go, as far as im concerned if its during work hours, when you could be working on another "Full Paying" customers car, then yeah giving them a little discount is all thats needed, but if its after hours, like on a weekend or something, then mates rates is payed in beer & a good feed.
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 02:42 PM   #52
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by autickfordfairmont
Just my 2c worth.
Your 2 cents is right on the money!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 26-06-2006, 08:51 PM   #53
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Agreed.

Worked on a friend's Laser a few days ago, oil, filter, air filter, plugs. The look of appreciation on her face was well worth it.

GK

Mmm, I remember a transaction sort of like that....... But it was 7 years ago, it was a meteor, and I was MUCH appreciated.

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #54
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Thankyou for your insights.

I did complain in wriritng to the Dealer Principal and recieved no response.

I also asked them to call me before they incurred any cost on my car. They didnt.

I left the car and asked for a quote, that was why I left the car with them.

I dont know what else I could do to protect myself from this type of behaviour. It seems obvious to me that the dealer principal, nor the service manager was not interested in what I was unhappy about.

I could not know I was going to be unhappy with the Ford Dealer until I went in the first place, so I dont think your comment regarding not going if your not happy applies until you have been stung.

I have had no experience with the site sponsors you refer to, I am naturally gratefull that they sponsor this site. IF I had a good experience I would share that too with forum members.

I have replaced 10 fleet vehilces with cars other than ford's in the 12 months since, I hope they enjoy their $92.40 Their decision to charge me $92.40 for a quote is going to cost them millions as a dealer. (not that you cant tell I am still angry!)

I have told everyone I know who manages fleets, I will continue to tell everyone who will listen.
I am sorry that you were treated like that and won't even TRY to defend rudeness. There is ONE thing left that FORD, or HOLDEN or ANY other Dealer does NOT like and that is a LETTER to the Manufacturer of the Car. Customer service IS important to them. All that money spent on advertising is USELESS if a word of mouth can kill all the benefit of that advertising.

I have added my opinion here and on the other thread and have been lambasted by people who have little idea of what is going on inside a dealership. All I have said basically each time is COMPLAIN in writing and NOT just post angst ridden stories here about being ripped off? NOTHING will get better if NO ONE complains?

The skills used here to WRITE these horror tales can surely be put to better use? A letter to the DEALER concerned OR to the Manufacturer of the Vehicle WILL help. If enough concerned OWNERS do this then hopefully that weight will cause SOMEONE to stop and LOOK into it.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 10:17 PM   #55
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
I have added my opinion here and on the other thread and have been lambasted by people who have little idea of what is going on inside a dealership. All I have said basically each time is COMPLAIN in writing and NOT just post angst ridden stories here about being ripped off? NOTHING will get better if NO ONE complains?
A few points.
In fairness to you Papa Smurf, I don't have any idea what goes on in dealerships, and yours has had some positive feedback on this forum. Your mob sound ok. I suspect that many people though do complain, perhaps not in writing as you suggest, but certainly from what we hear around this forum, not all dealerships appear as reasonable as your place of employment to take critique seriously.

It is true though, that not to complain only allows bad service. But please understand that many angst ridden stories are written here by people who love Fords, and who have probably tried to get their case heard to no avail.

Thanks for your input!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 26-06-2006, 11:23 PM   #56
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

I got a bit of a rude shock after having a VCT engine upgrade and manual gearbox conversion and needing my gas RE-connected.
A 'FRAUD' dealer in hindmarsh SA quoted me $4000-$4500 to RECONNECT a tickford gas system. I might Add, That price wasnt to install a new system, just too hook up the old one (the switches, wiring, gas tank, convertor, and gas lines were all left there from the previous setup).
I was firmly told "ITS A VERY DIFFICULT JOB" and "THERES NO WAY IT CAN BE DONE FOR ANY LESS", and even told it couldnt be done at all by 2 other FORD dealers.
After giving up on ford dealers, I got it done later that same week elsewhere for $600 (which I still feel was overpriced, and only got it done because everywhere else I tried was booked out for over a month) but I can understand paying through the nose for any gas related isuess with the current petrol prices, (and that $600 has already paid it self off).
I couldve understood a minor markup, but theres a fairly extreem difference between $600 and $4500 for the same job, especialy considering that only $260 was parts, -the other $340 was mainly to get a priority service without waiting weeks!!!
Old 26-06-2006, 11:30 PM   #57
GK
Walking with God

robbo yobbo,

That's one heck of a markup! Glad you didn't fall for it.

The gas running ok now?

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 26-06-2006, 11:58 PM   #58
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

Yeah, the gas is tops, runs 2wice as good as petrol. cant say the same about the new engine tho - its back in for repairs (under warranty). theres a major electrical issue with the new engine computor not liking my car too much so its getting a full dash rewire and replacement, should be all sweet after that tho (I hope) find out 2morro arvo.
I've always been told to stay away from ford dealershios for repair and maintinence work for $$$ reasons, It wasnt till this that I realised just how bad it was. I got lucky though, as there werent many places willing to work on a tickford gas system and it took allot of phone calls to find the select few, ford obviously new this which gave them the manopoly > hence the extreeme price
Old 27-06-2006, 12:07 AM   #59
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Im just wondering , because the price varys so much from ford service to other ford service centres / are the ford service centres actually franchises ? , or are they soley 100% owned by Ford ?

If they are franchises then it makes sence why the prices and service quality varys so much , but if they are all wholey 100% owned by ford then some explaining is in need why there is such a big difference in them , not just in quality but pricing too .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 12:09 AM   #60
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo_yobbo
Yeah, the gas is tops, runs 2wice as good as petrol. cant say the same about the new engine tho - its back in for repairs (under warranty). theres a major electrical issue with the new engine computor not liking my car too much so its getting a full dash rewire and replacement, should be all sweet after that tho (I hope) find out 2morro arvo.
I've always been told to stay away from ford dealershios for repair and maintinence work for $$$ reasons, It wasnt till this that I realised just how bad it was. I got lucky though, as there werent many places willing to work on a tickford gas system and it took allot of phone calls to find the select few, ford obviously new this which gave them the manopoly > hence the extreeme price
Competition when it's real and not rigged (ala Petrol) is a great thing! I hate it though when demand is too high. People pay crazy amounts, take the housing boom for example!

Glad to hear your Tickford gas setup is ok. Mine died a few years back. Should have it sorted now though. I wrote about it in my workshop thread if you're interested.

Keep up posted about the rewire job.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG