Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-08-2006, 08:57 PM   #31
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just did 450 km's plus im my BA Mk II XR6 Auto on the weekend at 85% of that between 100 to 115 kph fuel consumption 10.6L per 100kms (my car is just about to hit 7000km)

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).

Last edited by MoreHPformyXR6; 14-08-2006 at 09:20 PM.
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 03:11 AM   #32
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
You can advertise it. Quite simply:

I think you can when it combines safety (increased body rigidity etc)
And keep in mind, your using a 3.8L Engine in a 1500Kg Car etc etc.
Having said that, you are comparing Apples to Oranges.
You may as well have just said You can't advertise a falcon having great fuel economy when a Lexus V6 can do X/Km per litre. Or any other 6 cylinder motor which is remotely close to a 4.0L for that fact. Technology has come sooo very far that comparing your VP to a BF Falcon is like comparing the Apollo 11 to a Space Shuttle.
Its good to hear that you can get great economy but this is one comparison the VP can't be bought in to.
I think your all making the comparison here not me i;m just talking fuel consumption on the cars here and the one mentioned and my own experience with them and one happens to be my car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
You have forgotten something, no one would want to be seen dead in a VP. Although they have something the BF lacks, a built in vibrator doubling as an engine. :
I would have liked to invite you into my car one day to see your vibrator is still in your bed draws, unfortunately i don't allow feral animals into my car.
Old 15-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #33
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
I think your all making the comparison here not me i;m just talking fuel consumption on the cars here and the one mentioned and my own experience with them and one happens to be my car.
I believe they call that a comparison slick

Quote:
I would have liked to invite you into my car one day to see your vibrator is still in your bed draws, unfortunately i don't allow feral animals into my car.

No need to get aggressive...something like "That was uncalled for" would have done, but if you do own a holden and post on here, expect it to happend from time to time ;)
Having said that, leave Slicks Car alone guys, he's had enough fun made of it dont you think? It may be a holden but its still his pride and joy
Old 15-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #34
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
I believe they call that a comparison slick

No need to get aggressive...something like "That was uncalled for" would have done, but if you do own a holden and post on here, expect it to happend from time to time ;)
Having said that, leave Slicks Car alone guys, he's had enough fun made of it dont you think? It may be a holden but its still his pride and joy
Slightly uncalled yes very sorry, But it was fun none the less i think he deserved it just a little bit.

It's actually not my pride and joy, That was our old VB, But when it comes to this car i look after it to my best, Maybe one day it will find a place in my heart like the old VB but i don't think so it's better to not get attached to cars but still be able to give them the best care possible and do them up. So when someone believes they need to stray away from the conversation and make it personal I'll see how they like it back and they don't very much.
I think everyone would agree here i have never taken a swipe at anyones car or hung **** on ford.
Old 15-08-2006, 01:52 PM   #35
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Slightly uncalled yes very sorry, But it was fun none the less i think he deserved it just a little bit.

It's actually not my pride and joy, That was our old VB, But when it comes to this car i look after it to my best, Maybe one day it will find a place in my heart like the old VB but i don't think so it's better to not get attached to cars but still be able to give them the best care possible and do them up. So when someone believes they need to stray away from the conversation and make it personal I'll see how they like it back and they don't very much.
I think everyone would agree here i have never taken a swipe at anyones car or hung **** on ford.
but you sure do talk your VP up alot! and i cant understand why there crap!
Old 15-08-2006, 02:51 PM   #36
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_RAVEN
but you sure do talk your VP up alot! and i cant understand why there crap!
I really don't think i talk a great deal about it.
But if you would like me to talk it up just say the word TB;).
Old 15-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #37
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

every car seems to get ok economy on the hwy 99% of all cars on Australia should do 9L per 100 or better on the hwy, including V8s
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #38
lush

Chevy power very true........

:eclipsee_
http://www.lifesnotalwaysbeautiful.blogspot.com/
lush is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 06:31 PM   #39
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Off topic again......
Why does everything have to compare with you're VP ?
This is a Ford forum and i for one dont give a **** about VP commodore's, or any commodore before the LS1 for that matter, if you want to run comparisons with a Falcon, start a thread in the E-series to match up the models.

On topic...
I should have bought a BF, it sounds like some get better economy than my 2.5 litre turbo diesel :evil_laug
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #40
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Off topic again......
This is a Ford forum and i for one dont give a **** about VP commodore's, or any commodore before the LS1 for that matter, if you want to run comparisons with a Falcon, start a thread in the E-series to match up the model
Gets tiresome after a while hey sleep:
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 06:59 PM   #41
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calaway
Just thought I would let you guys know what fuel consumption I just experienced in my new BF Faimont Ghia. I just changed from a BA turbo which, lets just say, fuel consumption was not its best point.

I just drove Melb to Wagga return for work. In the turbo I am sure I would of filled up a couple of times. The way I drive it was next to impossible to get under 10ltr 100k's. The ghia had 600k's on it and I averaged 7.9ltrs for 100k's. As far as I am concerned, amazing. Why Ford doesn't concentrate its marketing on this point I don't know. The six speed auto is an absolute treat. Can't say enough good things about the car. I have driven plenty of different brands and this thing is world class.
7.9 litres per 100klm is 860klm out of a 68 litre tank in a heavy Ghia ??
Sorry dude, sounds like BS too me.
Old 15-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #42
Chuggwald
Starter Motor

I disagree, seems believeable to me.
Chuggwald is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 07:30 PM   #43
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd like to know what the total k's per the tank and how many litres where put in when it was refueled. 7.9 sounds a tad far fetched. My 4cyl only gets 9.6lt per 100.

Here's a calc -> http://www.csgnetwork.com/gaskpl.html

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #44
blutura
ZX-6R & Falcon pilot

Quote:
...I was saying how can you advertise great fuel economy when a 15 year old car done the same.
Easy. The VP is no longer on sale. No one is going to look at a BF Falcon and then go "Gee, I think I might go and check out a few VP's, their fuel consumption is just as good."

You can only have two.
blutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #45
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
That's very acheviable, remember we are talking hwy criusing here, 8ltrs per 100 for a ghia six is very believable in my book's. have a look at my earlier post on my XR8.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 08:12 PM   #46
Disco1986

yeah my old EA could do 700kms a tank, nothing special!
Disco1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 08:12 PM   #47
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
I'd like to know what the total k's per the tank and how many litres where put in when it was refueled. 7.9 sounds a tad far fetched. My 4cyl only gets 9.6lt per 100.

Here's a calc -> http://www.csgnetwork.com/gaskpl.html
What sort of 4cly do you have, and is that hwy criusing?, if so I think there is something wrong with your 4cly, it should be much better than that, my little Laser uses 6-6.5ltrs per 100klm on the hwy.
Old 15-08-2006, 08:17 PM   #48
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a 2002 1.8lt Mazda Astina/323 5 spd manual. I tested the k's on the fwy/hwy and all sorts. I get around 570-620k's per around 48lt. The k's obtained don't vary even if the aircon is on.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 08:36 PM   #49
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
That's very acheviable, remember we are talking hwy criusing here, 8ltrs per 100 for a ghia six is very believable in my book's. have a look at my earlier post on my XR8.
Magicians sawing people in half seem believable but are not, what I'm asking for is fact, not a cars computer estimation, exact liters used from fill to refill with exact mileage will prove this correct or not.
Old 15-08-2006, 09:25 PM   #50
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Off topic again......
This is a Ford forum and i for one dont give a **** about VP commodore's, or any commodore before the LS1 for that matter, if you want to run comparisons with a Falcon, start a thread in the E-series to match up the models.

On topic...
I should have bought a BF, it sounds like some get better economy than my 2.5 litre turbo diesel :evil_laug
What is wrong with a person giving a example on the daily car they drive??
Old 15-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #51
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

Thats OK mate, I wouldn't be seen dead in your VP anyway, sorry. I guess you wouldn't allow feral animals into your car because they might make you look bad. : 4: What you give can quite easily be returned, now back on topic.

That the BF II can get within a few millilitres of a 4 cylinder Camrys fuel economy is pretty impressive for a powerful, heavy car.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 09:55 AM   #52
calaway

Quote:
Well I drove Melb - Wagga then filled at the BP outside Wang. I do this because I have a BP card. Had just over a 1/4 tank and put in 48ltrs. I must admit I didn't record the exact distance but thats just over a 600km trip.

I started this thread for one reason only. To give my thoughts on how impressed I was at the fuel economy compared to the BA and now the BF. (Even though they are a 4sp 3.46 ratio - 6sp 2.73 ratio). I have not experienced this in all the cars I have driven, and they are many. I don't drive like an old fart (I'm 32), the trip time from Melb - Wagga took me 4.5hrs.

The more I drive the BF the more I like it. I loved the BA XR6T and the initial thought of changing over to a standard engine bothered me. But, the 6 speed makes this car simply awesome. The changes to the BF are supurb in all other areas of the car. It is a great package.

I've got nothing to prove mate, certainly not by giving you guys bs. But I can offer some good feedback on what my experience is with the Ford product.
calaway is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #53
Boys_Love_Toys

G'day, don't care if anyone believes me but I drove from Melbourne to Sydney (filled up in Broadmeadows) and about 50km's back on one tank. I believe I did about 950km on that tank. The car was an AUIII Futura 4ltr auto. Set the cruise to 110kph and the car did the rest. I just sold the car and was the best car I have ever had - by a mile.

Anyone else had figures like these???
The late model fords are the most economical cars on the market IMHO.

Cheers Darren
Boys_Love_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #54
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry Boys Loves Toys,

a Astra 1.9TDi. Golf 2.0 TDi, Polo 1.9TDI all get 4L per 100 on the hwy and around 6L per 100 around town

Barinas, Fiesta and equiv - petrol models are more economical too - and around town they use A LOT Less than the Falcon BF

you can argue size, power and everything, but you did say late model Fords are the most economical cars on the market - referring specifically to the Falcon range?
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #55
Scruba
15+ Years!

The first 300klm of owning my BF XR6 NA I drove to the Gold Coast from Nth Brisbane and averaged 7.8l/100. It is amazing.

I filled up yesterday morning, drove 40klm to work and averaged 8.7 city driving. I love the 6 speed!

Work in progress

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7roViz57bb2Stkzx6
Scruba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 05:39 PM   #56
Bobman
Regulator

The question is, can you fit a 6 speed manual or auto into a BA Mk1 ;)

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 06:22 PM   #57
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by calaway
Well I drove Melb - Wagga then filled at the BP outside Wang. I do this because I have a BP card. Had just over a 1/4 tank and put in 48ltrs. I must admit I didn't record the exact distance but thats just over a 600km trip.

I started this thread for one reason only. To give my thoughts on how impressed I was at the fuel economy compared to the BA and now the BF. (Even though they are a 4sp 3.46 ratio - 6sp 2.73 ratio). I have not experienced this in all the cars I have driven, and they are many. I don't drive like an old fart (I'm 32), the trip time from Melb - Wagga took me 4.5hrs.

The more I drive the BF the more I like it. I loved the BA XR6T and the initial thought of changing over to a standard engine bothered me. But, the 6 speed makes this car simply awesome. The changes to the BF are supurb in all other areas of the car. It is a great package.

I've got nothing to prove mate, certainly not by giving you guys bs. But I can offer some good feedback on what my experience is with the Ford product.
So your telling us that cruising at 133km/h (minimum!) you got 8l/100km?
Old 16-08-2006, 06:25 PM   #58
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

The best i have seen out of my BA is 10.9 per 100 thats town and highway with very light foot driving, these BF figures are incredible.
Old 16-08-2006, 08:34 PM   #59
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
I have a 2002 1.8lt Mazda Astina/323 5 spd manual. I tested the k's on the fwy/hwy and all sorts. I get around 570-620k's per around 48lt. The k's obtained don't vary even if the aircon is on.
I would have thought you would get better than that for that vehicle, mine is the same motor, 1.8 in my '98 laser GLXi, I have a 5spd and like I say I get 6-6.5 on the hwy, I get 600klm to a tank in town.
Old 16-08-2006, 08:40 PM   #60
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Magicians sawing people in half seem believable but are not, what I'm asking for is fact, not a cars computer estimation, exact liters used from fill to refill with exact mileage will prove this correct or not.
I only ever take my own calculation's, and I allway's fill up to full and not just the 1st click, I really fill it up, and then I take the klm's travelled and work it out, every time I fill up I set my trip computer so I can do the same next time, I never go by the DTE, although mine seem's fairly accurate with my calculation's, I do it manually, and like I said mine is a V8 and worked and with the millage I get I believe a six would do similar, remember I am only talking hwy klm's here's, but I believe it. if anybody doubt's my claim's on my XR8 I more than welcome them to come with me on a trip and I'll do the calculation's infront off them so they can see for themselves, I'm that confindent, but they can pay for the fuel ussage, lol.