Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-09-2006, 01:37 AM   #31
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR8220
Actually years on the road don't mean anything, kilometers racked up do.
I am sure most would know what I meant.... :
Old 15-09-2006, 01:39 AM   #32
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
I am sure most would know what I meant.... :
At the moment around here I wouldn't be so sure lol.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 01:41 AM   #33
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
At the moment around here I wouldn't be so sure lol.
Yeah, I suppose I know what you mean.
Old 15-09-2006, 01:55 AM   #34
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Actually years on the road don't mean anything, kilometers racked up do.
Depends. Highway kilometres mean nothing compared to say driving in a heavily congested situation.

The 30km I travel on Springvale Rd everyday would have to be pretty decent experience. Multiple intersections, intersections with railway lines and multiple padestrian crossings, Freeway on and off ramps, God only knows how many Speed Limit changes, and some are variable. The add in the Traffic, which is all kinds.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 01:58 AM   #35
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
Depends. Highway kilometres mean nothing compared to say driving in a heavily congested situation.

The 30km I travel on Springvale Rd everyday would have to be pretty decent experience. Multiple intersections, intersections with railway lines and multiple padestrian crossings, Freeway on and off ramps, God only knows how many Speed Limit changes, and some are variable. The add in the Traffic, which is all kinds.
I tend to disagree with that comment. Drive down the Western hwy as much as I do and you'd see why.
Old 15-09-2006, 02:23 AM   #36
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregxr8
coming home from work yesterday about 1am on the monash freeway, i had my cruise set on about 105 an evo5 passed me like i was standing still. this thing had to be doing 150 or more the way it passed me and dissapeared. it's idiots like this that kill innocent people! i've been known to speed myself at times but not at speeds like that on a major metropolitan road. (i drove tow trucks for about 10 years, that slows you down a bit.) and as i was in the ba you would think coming up behind an xr8 with new rego plates and tint they would slow down and look at whether its an unmarked chaser. this was on the monash freeway near stud road. :

Ha Ha not saying I do it or condone it but where have you been dude? Dont tell me this is a big deal and you've hardly seen it before? Especially at that time of the morning. You should drive down Princess Hwy or Nepean Hwy at that time of the morning on a weekend. Every set of lights is like the Bathurst 1000..Been going on for years and years..Funny part is I dont recall any of them killing people..Not defending it...Just like to state the truth and not what i read in newspapers who love to sell a paper or print that every single accident that happens is speed related. Its not just common sense its logic.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 02:30 AM   #37
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked

Each situation has its own merits (city vs highway). Thats why city folk can be a PITA on highways and visa versa. But I think that in Australia most drivers get a fair exposure to both environments.
Old 15-09-2006, 03:18 AM   #38
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

i'm pretty sure that a p plater would'nt be allowed to drive an evo5 in victoria with the power to weight laws. i've been driving home every night for the past 8 months on the monash and noone does the speed limit (including me) but 10ks over is a bit different to about 50. when they blitz it again they're going to have a ball. and if you ignore the danger side of it they take your car for speeds like that now in victoria.
GREGXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 04:35 AM   #39
fullysick1
more of an alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6 ausome
Mate what are u on ,all I said was when I was younger I did dumb **** and it is dumb.
BUT NOW THAT I HAVE A LITTLE GIRL I CAN SEE HOW STUPID RISKING YOUR LIFE LIKE THAT IS. keep reading mate never did I say it was kewl or smart what he did,just that young guys are dumb and maybe something that limits the power of car they drive could be brought in.I dont have the answers .

So whats your drama with me mate?
my drama is you young whipper snappers like yourself have no respect i would have to agree you must be a huge tool to do those speeds on any road i can say i have never gone over 62 in a 60 zone
the majority of people who jump on here wont admit that they have ever gone over the speed limit :eclipsee_ i think i broke the speed limit typing this... : in my day cars didnt go fast enough to break the speed limit cut the crap
fullysick1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 11:09 AM   #40
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
coming home from work yesterday about 1am on the monash freeway, i had my cruise set on about 105 an evo5 passed me like i was standing still. this thing had to be doing 150 or more the way it passed me and dissapeared. it's idiots like this that kill innocent people! i've been known to speed myself at times but not at speeds like that on a major metropolitan road. (i drove tow trucks for about 10 years, that slows you down a bit.) and as i was in the ba you would think coming up behind an xr8 with new rego plates and tint they would slow down and look at whether its an unmarked chaser. this was on the monash freeway near stud road. :
What makes it even more horrifying is that there were surveyers on the freeway yesterday morning from Warrigal rd to Stud rd on both sides of the freeway, as well as the speed limit being reduced to as low as 60kmh in some sections.
Could you imagine the carnage there would have been if the driver was distracted and lost control at the speed they were travelling. Not too hard to be distracted, even travelling at the reduced limit with all the signs, vehicles with flashing amber lights and persons walking around in reflective clothing, I know i have been.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 11:52 AM   #41
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

We have no power restriction laws for p platers here in canberra yet. So there are a fair amount of p plated nice cars.
I've seen a black evo 9 p plated car. lucky kid!!
Old 15-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #42
red_hotxr6
Banned

I saw a new wrx being pulled up by an new unmarked mitsubishi yesterday on the highway heading towards the sunshine coast. Actually i am now seeing a lot of the police using mitsubishi,s up here in brissy.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #43
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

There is an unmarked mitsubishi 380 getting around Canberra. There might be more than one cause I seem to see this car all the time. It is dark blue with tinted windows and little blue and red lights in the back window.
Old 15-09-2006, 02:02 PM   #44
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXR8BLOKE
What makes it even more horrifying is that there were surveyers on the freeway yesterday morning from Warrigal rd to Stud rd on both sides of the freeway, as well as the speed limit being reduced to as low as 60kmh in some sections.
Could you imagine the carnage there would have been if the driver was distracted and lost control at the speed they were travelling.
Could you also imagine if the sky fell, the word here is IF!!!!!,
What IF you slipped over in the bath and broke your neck,
What IF you tripped down the front step and broke a leg,
What IF you actually realised S**T happens,
what IF the government had computer chips implanted in our heads that control what we do!!!, no more speeding, no more crime/murders/rape, no more running out from between parked cars at the shops or near schools, no more "sicky's", no more below average IQ idiot’s on the roads.
Problem fixed!
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #45
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
Could you also imagine if the sky fell, the word here is IF!!!!!,
What IF you slipped over in the bath and broke your neck,
What IF you tripped down the front step and broke a leg,
What IF you actually realised S**T happens,
what IF the government had computer chips implanted in our heads that control what we do!!!, no more speeding, no more crime/murders/rape, no more running out from between parked cars at the shops or near schools, no more "sicky's", no more below average IQ idiot’s on the roads.
Problem fixed!
If you are going to quote the post, don't forget to include ALL the relevant points.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #46
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

i was driving in peak time (as peak as it gets in shepp) and i was at the front of the intersection, (right lane, going straight) there was a truck next to me and an AU XR8 in the far left turning lane, this woman (45ish) in the XR cuts the truck off before the end of the intersection and starts to weave through traffic at 100+ in a 50 zone. she eventually met her match when she collected the front Tow ring on an old bedford truck... one less XR8 on the road, she learnt this lesson the hard way, but probably the only way she would...

dont know what relevence this has but its very similar, im just glad she learnt this lesson and didnt take out a few innocent people...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 05:17 PM   #47
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

wont be long before this thread gets closed
Old 15-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #48
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In my opinion if it's 1am with not many cars on the road who cares it's only 150km and the evo's are meant to do much faster than that. If it was some one doing those speeds in a holden barina it'd be a different story.
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2006, 12:19 AM   #49
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i'm pretty sure that a p plater would'nt be allowed to drive an evo5 in victoria with the power to weight laws. i've been driving home every night for the past 8 months on the monash and noone does the speed limit (including me) but 10ks over is a bit different to about 50. when they blitz it again they're going to have a ball. and if you ignore the danger side of it they take your car for speeds like that now in victoria.
I'd be surprised if the Monash flowed at 100km/h when it's busy - it's full of f***tards who can't use the on ramp as intended to merge at the correct speed, people who can't maintain a consistent speed up even a gentle hill and people who habitually sit in the right lane, regardless of traffic being behind, in front, next to them or not being there at all.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2006, 02:24 AM   #50
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDaaron
In my opinion if it's 1am with not many cars on the road who cares it's only 150km and the evo's are meant to do much faster than that. If it was some one doing those speeds in a holden barina it'd be a different story.
The car may be designed for those speeds but our roads sure as hell aren't. I'd also rather see a good driver doing 150 in a barina than a crap driver doing it in the evo.
Old 16-09-2006, 02:49 AM   #51
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
I'd be surprised if the Monash flowed at 100km/h when it's busy - it's full of f***tards who can't use the on ramp as intended to merge at the correct speed, people who can't maintain a consistent speed up even a gentle hill and people who habitually sit in the right lane, regardless of traffic being behind, in front, next to them or not being there at all.
i finish work around 1am in footscray so i dont get the pleasure of using the monash in peak hour, its more a car park than a freeway at those times. and as for an evo being safe at those speeds, our roads are not designed for that sort of speed and when i drove smash trucks i attended too many accidents where innocent people were killed by drivers that thought they were capable of doing high speed. driving a performance car does'nt make you a performance driver.
Old 16-09-2006, 10:44 AM   #52
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
The car may be designed for those speeds but our roads sure as hell aren't. I'd also rather see a good driver doing 150 in a barina than a crap driver doing it in the evo.
I agree
Old 16-09-2006, 08:41 PM   #53
xr8ted

Anyone see the stacked EVO on the news tonight? It seems this guy hit a few other cars and then fled the scene.
Old 17-09-2006, 12:09 AM   #54
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ted
Anyone see the stacked EVO on the news tonight? It seems this guy hit a few other cars and then fled the scene.
Could have been stolen. It seems strange to flee the scene otherwise. Unless they were drunk or something.
What state was this crash in?
Old 17-09-2006, 12:32 AM   #55
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennybrain
Could have been stolen. It seems strange to flee the scene otherwise. Unless they were drunk or something.
I'd have it as a bet it was stolen. I would say it wouldn't be an easy car to drive even being sober let alone drunk.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2006, 12:35 AM   #56
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennybrain
melbourne. news did'nt say it was stolen. probably drunk or unlicenced