Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-03-2017, 10:07 AM   #1
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Any ideas on stress relievers other than quiet places, yoga, meditation, walking etc etc???

I think my issue is I hate being on my own so if I am I think and if I think I come up with all sorts of stupid and out there ideas and that's making me paranoid.

I'm finding the only thing stopping me from thinking is video games, had an 8 hour session on GTA 5 yesterday and I haven't felt better mentally.
Old 13-03-2017, 10:56 AM   #2
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSneakiness View Post
Any ideas on stress relievers other than quiet places, yoga, meditation, walking etc etc???

I think my issue is I hate being on my own so if I am I think and if I think I come up with all sorts of stupid and out there ideas and that's making me paranoid.

I'm finding the only thing stopping me from thinking is video games, had an 8 hour session on GTA 5 yesterday and I haven't felt better mentally.
Playing the games is fine but you have to be very careful that that doesn't become an addiction as well. Also you'll end up staying home all the time rather than getting out and being with people and trying to enjoy life.
1995 EF Fairmont - Tickford Enhanced
1980 ZL Fairlane in Brambles red
BLUEYBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-03-2017, 08:46 PM   #3
.:4:.
Kicking back

I've been doing some thinking on my recent chain of events. Now it's nothing horrible but considering I feel good (normal) in where my head space is at the moment I have no issue sharing. Late October the wifes father went 0 to 100 with his mental state. The wife would dump her over reacted issues onto me and not have a bar of any of mine. Not so happy making, especially with the most minor things turning into arguments. She then went to stay at her mums to help out with the situation and her dad needed 24 hour supervision. That was November. My suggestion of professional help apparently was a bad idea even though i have a sybling in the mental health industry. December I got quite sick to the point of hospitalisation and weight loss, and a week off work. My mum came to visit, the wife did not. Back to work, and working by myself, feeling I'll most the time and with no energy I often over exerted myself to do the same amount of work as when I had an offsider (I'm an electrician) I'd often come home, throw up and go to bed. It's kind of a beat down when you can't function at full capacity. Between December and February communication between the wife and myself improved, we are back to being friends again but the road is a long one so I won't rush it. Early Feb another trip to the hospital. Since December I had lost 11 kgs I couldn't afford to due to (still a mystery even though I've had blood, breath and every other excrement tested) the same illness, this time she visited and before saying anything burst into tears. You look like **** she said. I also felt like it. I've so far regained 5.kg and currently work have given me an offsider so I only have to work at 70% capacity (retard apprentice is only capable of 30% of the work). Having worked with a busted rib for the past 2 weeks has been awesome also. The relationship between the wife and I has improved slightly but that takes time, the friendship is almost back. I have had my grievance period and what ever happens now just happens. I'm keeping optomistic.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2017, 04:29 PM   #4
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Cool Re: Depression, Anxiety

Sneaky: thanks and you answered why I was reluctant to do yoga.. the fact that the quieter it is the more thoughts come rushing in causing chaos.. I describe it as Mindtropolis..where, like a scene from metropolis, instead of vehicles, my thoughts are travelling in many directions at many altitudes.

And to verify again that the ones closer to us are the ones more likely to not want to, or even try to understand our illness and definately more likely to leave us to it the more we understand and get the help we need. Please everyone Google Borderline Personality Disorder (I am a severe case and have no support groups designed specifically for my disorder within a 2hr travel radius where I am) it's so difficult to treat because of the many factoring causes.. so if you read in depth about it .. there may be some factors that either allow you to stop being so hard on yourself ie. Discovering that your subconscious has been the a-hole/gambler/drug addict/alcoholic etc while you yourself were just looking for emotional stability that just doesn't seem to happen no matter how hard we try because we didn't know we couldn't be that and that we definately can't have lashing tongues from loved ones mouths.. give me a smack in the head any day compared to my ex wife's nasty words.. dont get me wrong. . Her words are her fists.. so it makes sense to not get into a boxing ring if you are a wrestler.. and that is what makes us loners.. so when you are honest and accept that is who we are.. then we can count on ourselves to be the only way to happiness, sadly
Old 28-03-2017, 05:41 PM   #5
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trejo View Post
Sneaky: thanks and you answered why I was reluctant to do yoga.. the fact that the quieter it is the more thoughts come rushing in causing chaos.. I describe it as Mindtropolis..where, like a scene from metropolis, instead of vehicles, my thoughts are travelling in many directions at many altitudes.

And to verify again that the ones closer to us are the ones more likely to not want to, or even try to understand our illness and definately more likely to leave us to it the more we understand and get the help we need. Please everyone Google Borderline Personality Disorder (I am a severe case and have no support groups designed specifically for my disorder within a 2hr travel radius where I am) it's so difficult to treat because of the many factoring causes.. so if you read in depth about it .. there may be some factors that either allow you to stop being so hard on yourself ie. Discovering that your subconscious has been the a-hole/gambler/drug addict/alcoholic etc while you yourself were just looking for emotional stability that just doesn't seem to happen no matter how hard we try because we didn't know we couldn't be that and that we definately can't have lashing tongues from loved ones mouths.. give me a smack in the head any day compared to my ex wife's nasty words.. dont get me wrong. . Her words are her fists.. so it makes sense to not get into a boxing ring if you are a wrestler.. and that is what makes us loners.. so when you are honest and accept that is who we are.. then we can count on ourselves to be the only way to happiness, sadly
Bold is ringing true here, I'm finding myself less and less tolerant of other people and especially at work any little nuance is making me irritable.

I am thinking maybe I was meant to be a loner and it's something that's happened since my late teens where I decided quality was better over quantity so I only have a handful of people I regularly speak to and if I find a connection with anyone else I'm very cautious until that trust is mutual.
Old 28-03-2017, 09:31 PM   #6
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSneakiness View Post
Bold is ringing true here, I'm finding myself less and less tolerant of other people and especially at work any little nuance is making me irritable.

I am thinking maybe I was meant to be a loner and it's something that's happened since my late teens where I decided quality was better over quantity so I only have a handful of people I regularly speak to and if I find a connection with anyone else I'm very cautious until that trust is mutual.
And that's the thing, we don't all have to be social creatures.

Society will have us believe that we should all be highly sociable beings. But the reality is some prefer a quieter existence. Not every one needs to bouncing off the wall or others to be happy.

I am gradually learning to be happy means to do what you want and try not be influenced what others/society determines. My job involves me being around a lot of different people and at the end of the day I find comfort in solitude. If that makes me loaner, well so be it.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-04-2017, 07:55 AM   #7
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Hi all. Well this Contesting of my old man's will for the sale of the roof over my head, so greed can feed the rich/solicitors, has become too much anxiety for me to even warrant getting my own legal representation to make my own claim towards the will of the man to whom I was the only one to care for and sacrifice employment and marriage for over the last 14 years. So much money has gone to his step daughter's and my sister's/mum's solicitors already, that I refuse to give anymore of his life's hard earned money away by employing more. There is going to be bugger all left TO share. So I'm staying in my shell until the day I am made to roam the country like David Carradine in Kung fu.
Kick the Dog Keeping Well all

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2017, 04:36 PM   #8
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Hi all. Well this Contesting of my old man's will for the sale of the roof over my head, so greed can feed the rich/solicitors, has become too much anxiety for me to even warrant getting my own legal representation to make my own claim towards the will of the man to whom I was the only one to care for and sacrifice employment and marriage for over the last 14 years. So much money has gone to his step daughter's and my sister's/mum's solicitors already, that I refuse to give anymore of his life's hard earned money away by employing more. There is going to be bugger all left TO share. So I'm staying in my shell until the day I am made to roam the country like David Carradine in Kung fu.
Kick the Dog Keeping Well all

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Trejo,

I hate lawyers with a passion. Where else in a negotiation do you tell someone how much you have to spend? Greedy relatives who never lifted a finger can then put their hand out via a lawyer who says "the estate will pay". They just wear you down to where you are getting to now and leave the results of a life lived in a newer Mercedes or a larger boat or an extension to the house down the coast.

My sympathy to your plight won't make it any better but I really feel for you.

John

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2017, 06:24 AM   #9
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy View Post
Trejo,

I hate lawyers with a passion. Where else in a negotiation do you tell someone how much you have to spend? Greedy relatives who never lifted a finger can then put their hand out via a lawyer who says "the estate will pay". They just wear you down to where you are getting to now and leave the results of a life lived in a newer Mercedes or a larger boat or an extension to the house down the coast.

My sympathy to your plight won't make it any better but I really feel for you.

John
THANKS JOHN TRULY, though a meaningless existence it is, really, when just a few written words of sympathetic acknowledgment , from a stranger amid the billions, can meaningfully alter one's state of mind to want to better said existence, though it can only do so for a short period of time, because there simply was never enough kind words spoken, let alone written. to stand up and fight this black dog of war any more. I will however stock up on those kind words to use against any WMDs (words of mass destruction) being stored for supremacy. Caio 4 Naio
Old 22-04-2017, 07:20 PM   #10
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm hopefully getting closer to wrapping up this chapter of my life. House went on the market a few days ago and there are some decent offers. Once it sells i can count my cash and see what my borrowing power is to move into my own place.

In a few weeks I'm starting a yoga class aimed at stress release, anxiety and depression which will incorporate breathing techniques, mindfulness and meditation.

I spent a few hours today riding a motorbike, something I've always wanted to do but never been 'allowed'. It was nice to get out in the fresh air with no where to be and no way to hear a phone.
Old 23-04-2017, 03:31 PM   #11
cram_it_frog
wombat

lawyers yes well funny thing happened few years back in Perth

two top QC lawyers went to the beach before work Scarborough and were attacted by a shark it bit the board and left

next day local newpaper cartoon shark biteing the board the caption said Even sharks do not like lawyers

sofunny

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2017, 08:34 AM   #12
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
I'm hopefully getting closer to wrapping up this chapter of my life. House went on the market a few days ago and there are some decent offers. Once it sells i can count my cash and see what my borrowing power is to move into my own place.

In a few weeks I'm starting a yoga class aimed at stress release, anxiety and depression which will incorporate breathing techniques, mindfulness and meditation.

I spent a few hours today riding a motorbike, something I've always wanted to do but never been 'allowed'. It was nice to get out in the fresh air with no where to be and no way to hear a phone.
good onya sneaky. if only such peace could last above the voices at night that subconsciously wear ones teeth down. Good news is NOVACASTRIANS GET THE V8 SUPERCARS TEARING UP THE STREETS IN NOVEMBER. SEE YOU THERE SNEAKY AND YOU TOO BEAST!
Old 02-05-2017, 10:09 AM   #13
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
good onya sneaky. if only such peace could last above the voices at night that subconsciously wear ones teeth down. Good news is NOVACASTRIANS GET THE V8 SUPERCARS TEARING UP THE STREETS IN NOVEMBER. SEE YOU THERE SNEAKY AND YOU TOO BEAST!

I got General Admission tickets for me and my 9yr old son to go just for the Friday. I figure we will get the noise and idea of the day from practice and hopefully there will be not as many people there. My daughter wasn't interested in going, and it will be too late when she finds out her brother has the day off school hahaha. He has thrown a spanner into my plan - I was going to ride the pushbike in to town to save parking and traffic hassles, but I don't think he will like the 1 hour+ bike ride home at the end of the day

In the other news file - house is in cooling off period, signed paperwork for parenting plan and financial settlement. Had a few more arguments, still seem to be ok with the ex most of the time, especially if she wants something from me...

and the idea of chatting to females is getting less repulsive as time goes on maybe there is hope for me one day..

For those with netflix I am watching "the 100" at the moment - good show. and i watched "13 reasons why" a few weeks ago, smashed the whole series in a weekend - such a good show, was a bit graphic and 'close to home' in some parts. but still awesome.
Old 17-05-2017, 09:30 AM   #14
LTDHO
The one and only

Responding to a greeting:

Sorry if this has been asked/covered before.

How do you respond to "Hi, how are you?" or one of the variants?

Do you straight out lie and say you are "okay"?
This will avoid an unwanted discussion.

Cheers
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2017, 08:53 PM   #15
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO View Post
Responding to a greeting:

Sorry if this has been asked/covered before.

How do you respond to "Hi, how are you?" or one of the variants?

Do you straight out lie and say you are "okay"?
This will avoid an unwanted discussion.

Cheers
It depends on the context, if you and a friend are buying coffee in a cafe and about to sit down for a chat, then they'll be ready for the long answer.
If the console operator at the servo says it, then it's all "fine thanks".
And don't feel bad for "lying" with your answer, the " fine thanks" is more of a formality when you connect with an unknown person in a civilised society.
One of my answers is
" it's been one of those days"
It avoids the illusion of perfection, but allows the other person to empathise, as we all have those days.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 18-05-2017, 07:54 AM   #16
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
It depends on the context, if you and a friend are buying coffee in a cafe and about to sit down for a chat, then they'll be ready for the long answer.
If the console operator at the servo says it, then it's all "fine thanks".
And don't feel bad for "lying" with your answer, the " fine thanks" is more of a formality when you connect with an unknown person in a civilised society.
One of my answers is
" it's been one of those days"
It avoids the illusion of perfection, but allows the other person to empathise, as we all have those days.
I mean in the work place, it's an office too so swearing isn't always appropriate!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #17
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO View Post
I mean in the work place, it's an office too so swearing isn't always appropriate!
I have my standard responses pending on what was asked or said and the time of day. The mid five seem to occur between 7:30am and about 9:30am.

Morning
Tired
OK
*Grunt*
Meh
Yeah
Doing fine

Usually get better after 9:30 though, become a bit more alive and social. Yes, I said that 6 letter word starting with s.

Only one thing that gets me down at the moment and that's thinking of the ex but that's getting better. Starting to feel like the pre-married me again.
Old 21-05-2017, 11:34 AM   #18
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Hi All
1stly, Sneaky, I go to every Last Round of the V8 Supercars for many reasons, drivers are more relaxed and easily approachable which helps my anxiety in avoiding confrontation ie: if they give me attitude all because i want a final signature to complete the team shirt im wearing then my day..week..months of joy are over. you can punch the living shyte out of me and I'll have a beer with ya afterwards... but give me a words of disrespect/ire in judgement (or even a look of) and dissociative disorder picks me up out of harms way while i watch in disgrace and shame as this unstoppable force supposedly is defending my ego. NOT GOOD AND STILL MY MAIN HURDLE. sorry got off track there with a bit release therapy. ah..oh yes! and being the last round things are more available like the signed tyre i have as a coffee table etc and as to what day you go.. not relevant.. if you want to watch the race then stay home.. if you want to absorb the bio ethanol and simply the greatest sound to stain ya pants (or that could be just me) then record the race and go. the first Homebush race i had gold grandstand tickets and at the end of the day had a sore bum.. the next year i bought a general admin with pit/paddock pass and at the end of the day i had sore feet and a Cheshire Cat smile as my shirt.. caps.. model cars and my son all had signatures from my heros on them. when you are in the paddock next to the Transporters and cars as crew members franticslly prepare for the race and then are asked to step aside as the 20 + V8s near roll over ya feet on their way to the pits.. well that my friends, im not ashamed to say, made me tear up and even though i now knew the end results... sitting at home watching the race afterwards was even better.
2ndly. i too enjoyed the tv series' you speak of and are not ashamed to say that i too binge watch as it shows that no matter how graphic or too close to home the show maybe... you obviously enjoyed it.
3rdly. in my news. im on the home stretch with the estate settlement and on the table for the final agreement if we are to keep out of court.. which is now between the trustee (mum's solicitor) me and my solicitor and my deceased stepfather's two step daughters, that came out of the wood work to contest the Will and demanded 30% each and their solicitor.
where I and my mother have agreed that i get 50% . mum gets 30% ( as she is in a nursing home this is for her to leave something for my 2 sisters) and out of the kindness of our hearts have offered the step daughters 10% each. if they contest that then the solicitors win firstly, and my solicitor on advising me my rights will then submit my claim to 100% of the estate. This claim i could of (and greed says should of) submitted at the start, instead im putting faith in that my appreciation for years of care to my parents is rewarded as stated in the will and that the others be grateful for the gifts and not use my stepfathers death as a means to pay for solicitors wages. stay tuned.
keep up the good fight
Old 18-05-2017, 09:24 AM   #19
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I work in an office as well, but mostly dudes due to the industry, so swearing is ok. There are about 50 of us in the office plus another 150 field staff that I know. There are a few people who I am closer to that I will give an honest answer to if they are seriously asking, stopping to ask, asking in a quiet corner/room/car not in the open office - as opposed to the general greeting as they walk by. People who don't know my full story or I'm not close to just get a "fine" type response.

My circumstances might be different though as I have worked in the company for 13 years and have known a lot of the people for 10+ years. Started as an apprentice, worked as tradie, not in the office planning works.

A few guys here have been through divorce and all the **** I went through and have been really good checking in on me, asking where things are up to in life/divorce/sale of house/seeing kids/feelings and offering personal/financial/legal advice.

It might seem a bit strange to some but there are people at work that know more of my story than my parents/brother do, and i'm back living with my parents.

So in summing up - I give the "fine" response unless they are seriously asking and if time/situation permits going into detail.
Old 23-05-2017, 08:44 AM   #20
Grega

not been in this thread for a long time. i hope those of you who are still with us are well.
i've endured the last couple of years and have seemingly been 'well' until late, where, i'm pretty much back to where i started.
visited a psych yesterday who told me i have a narcissistic trait (not to others) but as a defence mechanism to protect myself from being hurt - i shut everyone out ; irony ; i'm one of the most giving people you'll ever meet.

i've been put back onto anti dep meds because my brain is ****ed and doesn't work normally ie: you don't fit into the system and are broken which for me is the death knell ringing i worked so hard to get off them the last time and endured the zaps for months until i got right again, but, my life just goes round and round in circles. now i am a member of the walking dead dizzy, feint and almost incoherent, but sane enough to keep up an appeareance to make everything look fine.

the apathy has taken control, work is just a blur, it came to me that we really don't have lives per se ; we have existential existences which are called lives. like the wachowski brothers said ; we're not batteries per se to keep the machine alive but we are consumers of the system to keep the system alive. however the system is failing and so are the components of it (me) as society falls to bits alongside.

i'm an IT contracting scumbag who, hardly ever gets time off and when i do am made to feel guilty that i'm not getting paid so, is it any wonder i have great big ****ing walls up to protect myself. i'm tired, burned out and i've got nothing left to give. i want to work on my cars but the apathy has me tied down, am not excited by anything or anyone anymore and just want leaving alone.

like alot of you here, i'm fine, good, well thanks. i've changed my tune and ask people which answer they want when they ask. anyway, it doesn't matter too much as its only words and niceties that we go through.

@sneaky - yeah i watched that too. it really hit home. i could have done without the graphic bit but, can understand why it was done. hannah is my hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damoose
You like it so much now the tig trolley is green..
Grega is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2017, 01:01 AM   #21
moneypit

I've got a long mental history dating back to severe bullying in primary school which lead to a mental breakdown 3 months into year 7 freshman year which left me scared as **** and screaming at my parents as I hid underneath my bed.

My father was also a **** too who always teased me and bullied me whenever I woke up of a morning. And threatened to regularly call the police on me for supposedly beating him up (I've never thrown a punch at someone in my entire life.)

When I was 12 my dad also demanded that I put a washing machine into the back of the old XF wagon, turned out to be one of those european ones that were about 150kg and I ****ed my back up from it. Dad didn't bother taking me to the hospital.

From all of this I've got a lifetime of Depression and PTSD to deal with and no job prospects. ever.

As a result of this and because of the recent Liberal government changes to the centerlink pensions. my back went out again and now I spend 15-20 hours a day in bed. But I still manage to occasionally go for a walk down the street which keeps me positive.

I also think about the end of the world all of the time. Which isn't healthy. I hope to get back into Counselling to get this sorted out.

But despite all of this,
You guys wouldn't believe what mental changes being on a Gluten Free diet can do to you.

I was super hyper aggressive and quick to anger and full of anxiety. Basically full on going mad psychotic.

Started on a Gluten FREE diet and now I can't go near the **** or else I'll end up crying my eyes out for days and accusing people of doing **** that they didn't do.

Before I started on the Gluten Free diet I was having really insane nightmares too, things to do with blood and satanic stuff. having dreams that people being really nasty to me. I think that the nightmares were so severe that they have scarred me for life. I used to wake up nearly every night nearly screaming my head off and wondering why the **** I was having these nightmares for.

Its really **** easy to get onto a gluten free diet. Just look into Sunrice prepackaged meals, those are gluten free. Also look into making stir-frys. Those are gluten free too. Any raw meats, Roast chicken, Steaks, Sausages, and veggies. ALl of that is gluten free. Oh yeah you can get pre-mix pancakes that are gluten free too. So is ice cream but make sure it doesn't contain wheat.

I'm also on Lexapro and Seroquel. 2 years ago I was using Seroquel to keep me calm and stop me from having these nightmares and from being violent (verbally). Now I don't need it for that but I just use it to make me go to sleep at night and to deal with the depression and mild anxiety that I still have.

The Lexapro helps heaps with depression too but I still occasionally think about suicide, but if you find that you cannot get an orgasm try it combined with Seroquel. I take 100-200mg of Seroquel at night and 20mg of Lexapro in the mornings.

Recently I'm going back into counselling to try and get things sorted again. I've been away from counselling for 5 years. Being stuck in this room is really crushing my spirit and I can't keep on watching Star Trek...Rick and Morty is a ray of sunshine though!

I've recently gotten back into aquarium keeping amongst a hundred other hobbies to keep me entertained. I've got a really wicked 2ft freshwater setup with ADA Amano Amazon soil and I'm breeding and selling Guppies. What I really need is a place to go once a week like a church but Christianity isn't working out for me, I'm thinking of getting into Buddhism but the local Buddhist 'church' is in town. Thats what I hope to fix this time.

I also think about the end of the world all of the time. Which isn't healthy. I hope to get back into Counselling to get this sorted out.

Good luck everyone who still have issues dealing with the crap of our modern day worlds.

Last edited by moneypit; 16-06-2017 at 01:27 AM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-06-2017, 12:46 AM   #22
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
I've got a long mental history dating back to severe bullying in primary school which lead to a mental breakdown 3 months into year 7 freshman year which left me scared as **** and screaming at my parents as I hid underneath my bed.

My father was also a **** too who always teased me and bullied me whenever I woke up of a morning. And threatened to regularly call the police on me for supposedly beating him up (I've never thrown a punch at someone in my entire life.)

When I was 12 my dad also demanded that I put a washing machine into the back of the old XF wagon, turned out to be one of those european ones that were about 150kg and I ****ed my back up from it. Dad didn't bother taking me to the hospital.

From all of this I've got a lifetime of Depression and PTSD to deal with and no job prospects. ever.

As a result of this and because of the recent Liberal government changes to the centerlink pensions. my back went out again and now I spend 15-20 hours a day in bed. But I still manage to occasionally go for a walk down the street which keeps me positive.

But despite all of this,
You guys wouldn't believe what mental changes being on a Gluten Free diet can do to you.

I was super hyper aggressive and quick to anger and full of anxiety. Basically full on going mad psychotic.

Started on a Gluten FREE diet and now I can't go near the **** or else I'll end up crying my eyes out for days and accusing people of doing **** that they didn't do.

Before I started on the Gluten Free diet I was having really insane nightmares too, things to do with blood and satanic stuff. having dreams that people being really nasty to me. I think that the nightmares were so severe that they have scarred me for life. I used to wake up nearly every night nearly screaming my head off and wondering why the **** I was having these nightmares for.

Its really **** easy to get onto a gluten free diet. Just look into Sunrice prepackaged meals, those are gluten free. Also look into making stir-frys. Those are gluten free too. Any raw meats, Roast chicken, Steaks, Sausages, and veggies. ALl of that is gluten free. Oh yeah you can get pre-mix pancakes that are gluten free too. So is ice cream but make sure it doesn't contain wheat.

I'm also on Lexapro and Seroquel. 2 years ago I was using Seroquel to keep me calm and stop me from having these nightmares and from being violent (verbally). Now I don't need it for that but I just use it to make me go to sleep at night and to deal with the depression and mild anxiety that I still have.

The Lexapro helps heaps with depression too but I still occasionally think about suicide, but if you find that you cannot get an orgasm try it combined with Seroquel. I take 100-200mg of Seroquel at night and 20mg of Lexapro in the mornings.

Recently I'm going back into counselling to try and get things sorted again. I've been away from counselling for 5 years. Being stuck in this room is really crushing my spirit and I can't keep on watching Star Trek...Rick and Morty is a ray of sunshine though!

I've recently gotten back into aquarium keeping amongst a hundred other hobbies to keep me entertained. I've got a really wicked 2ft freshwater setup with ADA Amano Amazon soil and I'm breeding and selling Guppies. What I really need is a place to go once a week like a church but Christianity isn't working out for me, I'm thinking of getting into Buddhism but the local Buddhist 'church' is in town. Thats what I hope to fix this time.

Good luck everyone who still have issues dealing with the crap of our modern day worlds.
I'm pretty sure i recall most of actions in whatever defence personality(mood) i may be in.. so I'm pretty sure (though the similarities are abundant) that the above quote was not me posting as guest. I therefore give gratitude to FF as once again this thread has given me some comfort in knowing I'm not alone in my thoughts and actions. if there is others who TOO want to get out once a week/Fortnight with the understanding of like disorders and the steps to take to assist in avoiding and understanding individual triggers.. maybe we can do this.
Old 22-10-2017, 06:41 PM   #23
Tui2
Coyote ugly

And so we keep quiet.. bottle up our emotions acting like cavemen. Hello to all. I've been .. tried and then tried again to get someone local... just one person... to assist in me finding a way to deal with my BPD whilst the TRAUMA and ANXIETY continues to accumulate, adding another layer to the 50years prior, from having my stepfather die (sad) .. my mother put into a nursing home by my sisters (grateful) and having my family home for the last 25 years (12 of them i spent caring for my invalid parents, whilst still going undiagnosed/misdiagnosed myself) sold out from under me by cockroaches who waited fir scraps.. during 14 of the last 24 months that i have had to be diagnosed.. accepting of.. fighting for the therapist or some therapy that will give my quality of life a step forward.. only to be more disappointed in myself and fellow human. I now truly hold the belief that this rock is what mythology has labelled HELL. I SURE HOPE I BEHAVE IN MY SOUL'S NEXT VESSEL.. DON'T WANT TO COME BACK HERE EH.
Old 22-10-2017, 07:21 PM   #24
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

We've all been quiet here Trejo.

You can allow yourself to be happy. Sometimes it has to be a conscious decision.

We all go spare judging others by our own standards.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2017, 07:47 PM   #25
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Hi guys, I've been through a bad patch of late.
Whilst in Sydney a few weeks ago my happy pills ran out, I didn't notice any change in the first couple of days probably due to being preoccupied with the trip but once I got home and things settled down, boy did it bite me in the ****.

The first thing I noticed was my tolerance levels began to drop and I became irritable, then the negative thoughts came flooding back.
I knew I had to do something when I started pre-empting situations which hadn't and probably never would eventuate.

I went back to the Doc on Thursday and he gave me a grilling over it, gave me an ECG because I was suffering terrible heart palpitations and wrote me a script.
I didn't sleep from Monday to Thursday so when I took my first pill it knocked me on my **** within an hour and I slept like a baby until Friday morning.
I'm feeling better but things are still not good with the family.

I am terrible with timing as I had my last consultation with my Psych during this episode and so I've got to wait until next year to unload everything that's happened.
I asked her what she thought of my situation and she has diagnosed me as having Complex PTSD which in basic terms is a borderline personality disorder brought on by prolonged exposure to physical and emotional abuse throughout my childhood.
Problem is, Complex PTSD isn't recognised by the WHO yet, although it is meant to be included in the next update in 2018 so there may be more help once that is considered.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2017, 02:24 AM   #26
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Hi guys, I've been through a bad patch of late.
Whilst in Sydney a few weeks ago my happy pills ran out, I didn't notice any change in the first couple of days probably due to being preoccupied with the trip but once I got home and things settled down, boy did it bite me in the ****.

The first thing I noticed was my tolerance levels began to drop and I became irritable, then the negative thoughts came flooding back.
I knew I had to do something when I started pre-empting situations which hadn't and probably never would eventuate.

I went back to the Doc on Thursday and he gave me a grilling over it, gave me an ECG because I was suffering terrible heart palpitations and wrote me a script.
I didn't sleep from Monday to Thursday so when I took my first pill it knocked me on my **** within an hour and I slept like a baby until Friday morning.
I'm feeling better but things are still not good with the family.

I am terrible with timing as I had my last consultation with my Psych during this episode and so I've got to wait until next year to unload everything that's happened.
I asked her what she thought of my situation and she has diagnosed me as having Complex PTSD which in basic terms is a borderline personality disorder brought on by prolonged exposure to physical and emotional abuse throughout my childhood.
Problem is, Complex PTSD isn't recognised by the WHO yet, although it is meant to be included in the next update in 2018 so there may be more help once that is considered.
Well there you go, Trejo.
I should be surprised.. but am not .. as I've always have had a spritual connection to lifes 'coincidences'. Something said check the forum just now.. and here you are, Bent, saying exactly what a new psych has broadened my BPD diagnoses with, Complex PTSD through the added trauma over the years of being undiagnosed piled on top off my childhood physical and (especially for me) emmotional abuse. I gave up meds because i couldn't handle the fact that i was trying harder to do right.. and the public and professionals just won't cut 'us' the slack that physically disabled are given. So I'm working hard at (and with my share of the estate, hope to make a difference) bringing more attention to educating the public bit by bit.
Old 19-12-2017, 09:45 PM   #27
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy View Post
We've all been quiet here Trejo.
You can allow yourself to be happy. Sometimes it has to be a conscious decision.
We all go spare judging others by our own standards.
No can about it...you have very right to be happy, you don't need 'permission'... it is for you to exercise that right. We may have obstacles such as circumstances or medical reasons*...but it up to us to all to seek out ways for us to be happy.

I also suffer from depression. I have found that I am best living alone, but with two dogs as company. Solitude is how I recover.

*By 'Medical reasons' I include depression. Depression is a legitimate medical condition.
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2017, 09:57 PM   #28
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR_AUII View Post
No can about it...you have very right to be happy, you don't need 'permission'... it is for you to exercise that right. We may have obstacles such as circumstances or medical reasons*...but it up to us to all to seek out ways for us to be happy.

I also suffer from depression. I have found that I am best living alone, but with two dogs as company. Solitude is how I recover.

*By 'Medical reasons' I include depression. Depression is a legitimate medical condition.
This is something that I have only properly discovered this year. Finding, then doing things that make me happy has done me a world of good. Life is too short not to. It gives me something to look forward to, helping me to pull through the crappy moments.

I can also echo the importance of pets. Their love is uncomplicated, unconditional and non-judgemental. Knowing my best mate is waiting to greet me at home at the end of the day gets me through the tuff stuff.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2018, 06:51 AM   #29
Tui2
Coyote ugly

The face behind the name Trejo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-10-19 06.48.07.jpg (46.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 21-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #30
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi

Been a major struggle for the last few months. I don't know whats happening with me. Got a couple of appointments tomorrow. I think the medication is giving me some side effects
1995 EF Fairmont - Tickford Enhanced
1980 ZL Fairlane in Brambles red
BLUEYBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: