Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-03-2020, 05:24 AM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
As mentioned on ABC Insiders this morning, it's about time public servants felt some pain. While private sector workers are losing their jobs in the millions the public sector thinks it's immune, for now. It won't be, time to clean up the rort that is state and federal public sector workers.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk
I guess the ones who work in Centrelink and public hospitals are safe
Old 30-03-2020, 09:22 AM   #2
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
As mentioned on ABC Insiders this morning, it's about time public servants felt some pain. While private sector workers are losing their jobs in the millions the public sector thinks it's immune, for now. It won't be, time to clean up the rort that is state and federal public sector workers.

40% pay cut to everyone above A08 grade, you wouldn’t notice any degradation to service. You could ask the the public servant executives to write a small narrative on what they do and why it’s important, when you unpack their responses, their primary purpose would be to manage the departments budget i.e. fully spend their allotted taxpayers money

The public service can find money on all sorts of BS, I was consulting to a major Qld department when the gay marriage vote was being decided. First we got issued with rainbow lanyards and then the Qld government hired emotional crisis managers available to staff if the gay vote didn’t go as planned.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 10:10 AM   #3
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
First we got issued with rainbow lanyards and then the Qld government hired emotional crisis managers available to staff if the gay vote didn’t go as planned.
are you serious, bloody fat cat bureaucracy.

+ one for public service pay cuts and some job losses.
4 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 04:20 PM   #4
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:

That is a very unfair and outdated generalization.
Old 31-03-2020, 02:33 AM   #5
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
That is a very unfair and outdated generalization.
How many public sector workers have lost their 'jobs'? The government needs to tackle this elephant in the room. We haven't heard a peep from the PSU about this pandemic, hoping no-one will notice perhaps.

The new $750 per week initiative should be mandated on all PSU's for 6 months.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2020, 06:24 AM   #6
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Rumblings (opinion shopping?) about closing places like Bunnies and Kmart.

That could have interesting ramifications.
Old 31-03-2020, 07:03 AM   #7
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Rumblings (opinion shopping?) about closing places like Bunnies and Kmart.

That could have interesting ramifications.
All i can say is plan some jobs at home, ours have been shut for nearly a week with supposably three to go, have so many friends who can't do jack because they didn't pick up some basics like paint timber or nails ect..
This user likes this post:
Old 31-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #8
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
How many public sector workers have lost their 'jobs'? The government needs to tackle this elephant in the room. We haven't heard a peep from the PSU about this pandemic, hoping no-one will notice perhaps.

The new $750 per week initiative should be mandated on all PSU's for 6 months.
I'm not saying your proposal is necessarily wrong in terms of PS workers.

It was the completely offensive and unnecessarily nasty comment about PS workers and their output that I was referring to.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:52 AM   #9
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm not saying your proposal is necessarily wrong in terms of PS workers.

It was the completely offensive and unnecessarily nasty comment about PS workers and their output that I was referring to.
Oh.....ok. Apologies, I should have clarified. With the exception of Police, Military, Teachers and Nurses, there's nothing that couldn't be done in the private sector more efficiently and at a cheaper cost than what's done in the public sector. As Nigel Farage said of unelected government bureaucrats "I know that virtually none of you have done a proper job in your lives" echos the competency and vacuum of accountability in the PS. My opinion.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 06:45 AM   #10
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The cafe across the road from work has shut as of last Friday, it's going to be interesting to watch how caffeine withdrawals effect people at work this week
Old 30-03-2020, 07:12 AM   #11
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Chopping out lines of crushed No-Doz?
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 10:25 AM   #12
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

That's because there's no accountability for management with budgets and the KPI's aren't thought through and they're vague, an example may be processing claims within X time period but it doesn't matter if you do it wrong 15x just as long as it's 'processed' within the timeframe.

It's the oldest trick in the book and human nature to exploit it.

It's like fixing lost time injuries in a workplace - stop recording them.

How many LTI's did we have this quarter? None!

That's the difference between having data and using data analytics to read into it, very rarely does someone do the latter properly.

Ask accountants about exchange rate changes, price increases and inventory levels and watch the one sided argument that will occur.

It's not just government, this same blindness occurs in corporate groups too.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 30-03-2020 at 10:32 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 03:09 PM   #13
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

The economic tsunami is building up. We've been told that our company will be working three day weeks from next month. And the dominoes continue to fall.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Old 30-03-2020, 04:36 PM   #14
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
The economic tsunami is building up. We've been told that our company will be working three day weeks from next month. And the dominoes continue to fall.
Similar. We got told today that as of next week we'll be on 4 day weeks (5th day unpaid even if you have annual leave owing, to keep it the same for everyone).

It's only going to get tougher.
Old 30-03-2020, 04:57 PM   #15
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

how can anyone have every dot dotted and every t crossed......
Tell me cheap ?
As for pink bats on steriods, stupid comparo its bloody nothing like it one bit !
Its millions of times worse what the problem is they are dealing with, a moving target as you well know and decisions made hourly somehow right or wrongly.
Pink bats wasn't a moving target but sheer utter gov incompetence of the highest order but thats not worth even bringing up FFS under the circumstances.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
4 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 06:16 PM   #16
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
how can anyone have every dot dotted and every t crossed......
Tell me cheap ?
As for pink bats on steriods, stupid comparo its bloody nothing like it one bit !
Its millions of times worse what the problem is they are dealing with, a moving target as you well know and decisions made hourly somehow right or wrongly.
Pink bats wasn't a moving target but sheer utter gov incompetence of the highest order but thats not worth even bringing up FFS under the circumstances.
If you can't deal with someone else's opinion, maybe the Cake decorating for transvestites forum may be a better option for you to hang out at...
3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 06:41 PM   #17
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

One possible good thing to come out of all of this is that I noticed a lot more people out walking and, especially, riding their pushies yesterday on a beautiful day.

Mate owns the LBS; bet he's been almost as busy as at Xmas time

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
4 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 07:06 PM   #18
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
One possible good thing to come out of all of this is that I noticed a lot more people out walking and, especially, riding their pushies yesterday on a beautiful day.

Mate owns the LBS; bet he's been almost as busy as at Xmas time
Same in our neighbourhood, I walk 10k per day in 2x5km stints and I've noticed a big increase in the new faces out and about either walking or cycling, its great to see.
On a personal note, I picked up my 8yo's home learning package this morning but before we sat down and got started on the first days tasks she joined me on my 5k morning walk followed by an hour in the kitchen preparing homemade pumpkin soup for tonight's dinner.
She gets a bit of exercise that she wouldn't necessarily get at school and learns a bit in the kitchen and the Wife gets to come home from work and not have to worry about preparing a meal, win, win.
Old 30-03-2020, 06:59 PM   #19
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
If you can't deal with someone else's opinion, maybe the Cake decorating for transvestites forum may be a better option for you to hang out at...
I countered someones opinion I treaded lightly for what it was worth.
Weird suggestion wouldn't have ever entered my mind but I guess you may know, enjoy but no thanks.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
4 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 07:14 PM   #20
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
I countered someones opinion I treaded lightly for what it was worth.
Weird suggestion wouldn't have ever entered my mind but I guess you may know, enjoy but no thanks.
Haha. 😂 One does not have to agree at all with someone else. Lord knows I don't. But one should not censor what the other is arguing about, eg pink batts. It made sense to cheap and he is entitled to raise it as a point of consideration...
Old 30-03-2020, 07:16 PM   #21
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cake decorating for transvestites forum
link pls
Old 30-03-2020, 08:21 PM   #22
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||| View Post
link pls
I would love to claim this to be a delusional invention of my deranged mind, but I first heard about it maybe 15 years ago in relation to weird and obscure courses being offered at universities. I still don't know if it was a joke or an actual thing...
Old 30-03-2020, 07:36 PM   #23
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Old 30-03-2020, 09:20 PM   #24
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
No transvestites were harmed in the making of these crêpes.

6 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 06:51 PM   #25
MercuryT
Banned

As per the other thread on "I hate that", had the bumper smashed on my R36 today.

Know the (top) bloke who did it and......i ensured we had a great laugh about it when we spoke.....whilst i love the car and it sucks sure, it is absolutely nothing in the scheme of things globally nor did he mean to do it!!

As per my other post, IMO we need to look after each other in these difficult times, try and keep calm and positive when possible : )
Old 30-03-2020, 07:41 PM   #26
MercuryT
Banned

The pictures of live dogs stuck in cages ready to go to "wet market" are just unbelievably shocking/distressing.

Obviously I was naive to it as never been there.

But these *wits have a screw loose thinking that butchering, cruely treating and then eating animals like this is ok.

I'm upset. And disgusted in humanity. They can get ******.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 08:08 PM   #27
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The pictures of live dogs stuck in cages ready to go to "wet market" are just unbelievably shocking/distressing.

Obviously I was naive to it as never been there.

But these *wits have a screw loose thinking that butchering, cruely treating and then eating animals like this is ok.

I'm upset. And disgusted in humanity. They can get ******.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...wQ&app=desktop

Many more videos out there of their meat markets. Also videos that have managed to get out of China of their authorities welding shut doors of apartment blocks to force people into isolation, gestapo like forced removal of civilians who are herded into vans & buses, off to christ know where and what fate they'll meet, beating of civilians on streets and inside apartment blocks for breaching their isolation rules.
But hey, mainstream media will pick on Trump for pronouncing a word wrong.
Old 30-03-2020, 09:07 PM   #28
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
But hey, mainstream media will pick on Trump for pronouncing a word wrong.
China sucks, but don't defend Trump. Don't say it's unfair that they didn't lock down or the western world wasn't warned.
Everyone was warned but no one believed it would be a problem in the western world - because it never has been previously for sars and other epidemics...
It's called covid19 because the world knew about it in 2019.
No one cared, no one thought it could happen to them. It caught the western world napping and not believing it. But for some reason it's easier to blame the source rather than the inaction of people like Trump.
I don't care about trump, when stuff happens you look to your local leaders and government for action, not fantasize about blaming some country (which is no help)

Here's Mike Pompeo tweeting about sending supplies to China (and a reply from someone smarter)

https://twitter.com/NaphiSoc/status/...3D2755%23pti31
Old 30-03-2020, 09:32 PM   #29
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
China sucks, but don't defend Trump. Don't say it's unfair that they didn't lock down or the western world wasn't warned.
Everyone was warned but no one believed it would be a problem in the western world - because it never has been previously for sars and other epidemics...
It's called covid19 because the world knew about it in 2019.
No one cared, no one thought it could happen to them. It caught the western world napping and not believing it. But for some reason it's easier to blame the source rather than the inaction of people like Trump.
I don't care about trump, when stuff happens you look to your local leaders and government for action, not fantasize about blaming some country (which is no help)

Here's Mike Pompeo tweeting about sending supplies to China (and a reply from someone smarter)

https://twitter.com/NaphiSoc/status/...3D2755%23pti31
I wasn't defending Trump.
I was pointing out the hypocrisy and selective morals the media and most of the west have when it comes to who they want to direct some faux outrage against.
As mentioned, the contempt China has for fellow humans and animals is well documented yet we don't hear anything. Are the press too scared to touch on it... Scared they'll be called racist? Instead they're too busy quoting half a statement taken out of context said by Trump or something equally brainwashing and irrelevant.
4 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 09:55 PM   #30
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
I wasn't defending Trump.
I was pointing out the hypocrisy and selective morals the media and most of the west have when it comes to who they want to direct some faux outrage against.
As mentioned, the contempt China has for fellow humans and animals is well documented yet we don't hear anything. Are the press too scared to touch on it... Scared they'll be called racist? Instead they're too busy quoting half a statement taken out of context said by Trump or something equally brainwashing and irrelevant.
Ah OK. Fully agree that China is terrible for sanitation, TCM and the governments behavior.
People don't avoid criticising them for fear of being called racist, the media and the politicians don't do it because of $$$$$$$$$$. Everybody wants their cheap labour, cheap stuff, investments and money.
Closed Thread