Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-06-2006, 11:17 PM   #61
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Congrats!!!!!!!

Wow, what a difference. And this coming from the person that ALWAYS stuck by the Focus, especially backing up it that it was Auto and a great ride... then jumping into a massive V8!

So, what is the fuel consumption like?

I'm still slightly shocked - congrats on the new machinery and can't wait to see some pics soon! I bet you love that V8 burble on start up... :eclipsee_

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)

Last edited by Teki04; 19-06-2006 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Wanted to be first, so kept it short the first time :)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #62
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Congrats!!!!!!!

Wow, what a difference. And this coming from the person that ALWAYS stuck by the Focus, especially backing up it that it was Auto and a great ride... then jumping into a massive V8!

So, what is the fuel consumption like?

I'm still slightly shocked - congrats on the new machinery and can't wait to see some pics soon! I bet you love that V8 burble on start up... :eclipsee_
Mate, the startup on this thing, honestly, it rattles you. It sounds awesome, the idle is just MEAN.

Fuel consumption is a HELL of a lot better than I expected. Actually quite liveable.

I know what you mean about me and the focus, and i still dont believe it was/is a bad car. But when the oppotunity to do this came up, I didnt have to be asked twice. And I am so happy I did it.
Old 19-06-2006, 11:33 PM   #63
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Damn i had a good guess.

Sounds good, what colour?
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 11:44 PM   #64
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

an au forte?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 11:59 PM   #65
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Damn i had a good guess.

Sounds good, what colour?
black.
Old 20-06-2006, 12:32 PM   #66
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Well done Aust. A very mean sounding mighty boy lol.
Old 20-06-2006, 05:43 PM   #67
silverfocusstar
mmmm...chocolate...

heaps better than a camira! LOL!

but close to my previous guess of a DJR XR8...

but nothing comes as close as the focus!
silverfocusstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 11:21 PM   #68
zetec
Zoom Zoom

She's a right beast too, although still no match for the manual Zetec. Smoked you TWICE mate, inclunding both off the lights AND a rolling start from 40km/h.

Bloody autos :

But yum... what a machine. I know youll love it to death too, couldn't have found a better home. Thanks for the weekend, and for letting me take it for a quick spin, what a beauty!
Old 20-06-2006, 11:27 PM   #69
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
She's a right beast too, although still no match for the manual Zetec. Smoked you TWICE mate, inclunding both off the lights AND a rolling start from 40km/h.

Bloody autos :

But yum... what a machine. I know youll love it to death too, couldn't have found a better home. Thanks for the weekend, and for letting me take it for a quick spin, what a beauty!
Ok now lets tell the full story here:

I punched the thing off the line and I got wheelspin - thats TOO MUCH POWER mate. Thats why i Lost! :

That and here was I, a naive NSWer, driving in whats made out to be the speed camera capital of the world, and you buggers were running rings around me! :
Old 20-06-2006, 11:28 PM   #70
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Already on the defensive... got something to prove? too much wheelspin means too little talent... especially with an auto! j/k
Old 21-06-2006, 11:17 AM   #71
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahaha, the extra 4 cylinders and displacement still can't match a decent focus :P, just what i like to hear...
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post