Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #61
BHDOGS
Banned

Default Re: The Universe..

With the arrival of the Higgins particle on the scene it is exciting stuff if we can detect the Higgins field we should be able to manipulate it in future which would lead to being able to add or subtract mass from objects and make light speed and even time travel to the future quite possible dare I say even a certainty!
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #62
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's a documentary on the construction of the LHC on OneHD now
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:54 AM   #63
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
Correct the universe is 13·7 billion years old pretty young really and has only expanded to a certain point in space whats beyond it? Thats a question!
I'm spewing I can't find the thread I once posted this in, but I had a graph that proves why we will never know exactly what the "edge" of space is. I just wish I could find it!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2012, 01:22 AM   #64
BHDOGS
Banned

im no expert but to me its kinda like walking on earth if you go backwards forwards left or right you can never leave the earth in 2 dimensions you need the 3rd dimension to leave the surface of our planet if we couldn't perceive this dimension we could never leave so using the 3 dimensions of space you can never get to the edge of space or let alone leave youd need a fifth dimension which we cant perceive to leave as ofcourse time is the 4th dimension but its inseparable from space. One could ponder the very reason we cant perceive the 5th dimension is because we have no need to ever leave the psychical space we exist in. Theres also the multiverse theory which would explain the direction and pull of galaxys but were not there yet ahhhh i think my brains gonna explode haha but to me wed have to master our own universe in its entirety to ever contemplate some how breaking out of the bonds of space itself perhaps the final frontier or barrier to actually see the face of god or even visit ones soul on another plain outside our own reality.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:31 AM   #65
BHDOGS
Banned

This is from 1884 but it shows that were still asking the same questions as is a basic idea for people to comprehend hahah

In 1884, Edwin A. Abbot published a novel that depicts the problem of seeing dimensions beyond your own. In "Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions," Abbot describes the life of a square in a two-dimensional world. Living in 2-D means that the square is surrounded by circles, triangles and rectangles, but all the square sees are other lines. One day, the square is visited by a sphere. On first glance, the sphere just looks like a circle to the square, and the square can't comprehend what the sphere means when he explains 3-D objects. Eventually, the sphere takes the square to the 3-D world, and the square understands. He sees not just lines, but entire shapes that have depth. Emboldened, the square asks the sphere what exists beyond the 3-D world; the sphere is appalled. The sphere can't comprehend a world beyond this, and in this way, stands in for the reader. Our brains aren't trained to see anything other than our world, and it will likely take something from another dimension to make us understand.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #66
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
This is from 1884 but it shows that were still asking the same questions as is a basic idea for people to comprehend hahah

In 1884, Edwin A. Abbot published a novel that depicts the problem of seeing dimensions beyond your own. In "Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions," Abbot describes the life of a square in a two-dimensional world. Living in 2-D means that the square is surrounded by circles, triangles and rectangles, but all the square sees are other lines. One day, the square is visited by a sphere. On first glance, the sphere just looks like a circle to the square, and the square can't comprehend what the sphere means when he explains 3-D objects. Eventually, the sphere takes the square to the 3-D world, and the square understands. He sees not just lines, but entire shapes that have depth. Emboldened, the square asks the sphere what exists beyond the 3-D world; the sphere is appalled. The sphere can't comprehend a world beyond this, and in this way, stands in for the reader. Our brains aren't trained to see anything other than our world, and it will likely take something from another dimension to make us understand.
That "Flatland" novel is actually quite interesting. It's usually available free or with a bunch of other "classic novels/books" from iTunes.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post