Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-09-2005, 07:51 PM   #61
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Why dont we organise a drive and petrol free day? Let send the message home that we are the consumers.
Can't count the number of times i have gotten those emails.

Facts are, it will never work. Sorry Stav!

Petrol will be hitting $2 per litre very very soon.

Service stations are measuring their billboards to fit the two in.........
Spoke to one today.... :

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 09:29 AM   #62
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grechie
my mate just filled up 148.9 for ultimate, 66 dollars got him 44 litres! thats disgusting
I filled up Wed night 52 L @ 1.47 $76.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 05:23 PM   #63
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just filled up at $1.61 =\
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #64
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon
Can't count the number of times i have gotten those emails.

Facts are, it will never work. Sorry Stav!

Petrol will be hitting $2 per litre very very soon.

Service stations are measuring their billboards to fit the two in.........
Spoke to one today.... :
why bother, they may as well shut up shop if they are going to go that high as no one is going to pay that much, i know ill be streight on the bus
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 07:45 PM   #65
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
And of course you have the factual reports from The Ponds Institute to back this up. Ever tried to tow a parachute at 60K's..
sorry i didn't realise i was at uni and had to reference everything i said on the forum.
I cannot remember what site i read it on. so therefore it must not exist.. my apologises
Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
EFIwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 07:56 PM   #66
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I just got a quote on a new Toyota duel cab turbo diesel ute, they say it uses 8 lt per 100klm, and should be no more than 11 lt per 100klm while towing, i'll probly buy one in the next few days, considering my V6 Rodeo uses around 20 lt per 100 klm, i will save heaps.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 08:53 PM   #67
*rayman*
454 Power

My dad drives a truck, and the price of diesel is making it very hard for him to make a decent profit, may as well park the truck up and stay at home. They cant go bumping their prices up for tenders, or they get no work. Stuck between a rock and a hard place... Thanks johnny howard for letting this happen in our country.

Also, i bet there wont be too many older people travelling around oz with their winnebagos and caravans anymore....

I hope people dont go pushing for a war to settle this, god knows we dont need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOY - 68 SS 454 Camaro
*rayman* is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 01:58 AM   #68
ck11

Arent our fuel taxes among the lowest in the world? People should take more responsibility rather than blame the government. Fuel prices are going to remain high and just need to get used/adjust to that.
ck11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 02:57 AM   #69
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvy069
sorry i didn't realise i was at uni and had to reference everything i said on the forum.
I cannot remember what site i read it on. so therefore it must not exist.. my apologises
You don't!

But you directly refuted a statement I made, (which incidently varies with vehicle age & profile) I challenged you to back up these claims. Simple enough! I was just inviting you to prove me wrong or other. :evil3:
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 03:02 AM   #70
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Everyone is complaining about fuel prices being $1.49 Litre.....( And i Hate it too ) but go for a holiday in germany and you will pay more than $2.50 Litre for fuel. Looks like it's time to go back to the horse and cart...... :togo:

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 03:46 PM   #71
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I went to check to see if the price went up as well ... but it's still at 39.9c/L
I think it has stayed at that price for a long time now.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 04:29 PM   #72
gtfpv
GT

JUST TO ADD MORE SADNESS TO THIS THREAD . 85% OF THE WORLDS RESOURCES ARE USED BY 14% OF ITS POPULATION. and the bad news we are in that 14 %, the worse news is we were in that 14% 80 years ago , the worse news for us is that the 3rd world now outnumbers the wealthy by 5 to 1. and tecnology is rapidly advancing, as it should . why should people in china for instance not own a car . or india .we had them 100 years ago.
so what happens . war. you ever heard the saying " these people are trying to bring down our way of life".
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post