Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-08-2020, 09:04 PM   #1
mondeomatureguy

Default When did a cars performace take your breath away

Hi Guys,
I was 21 years old had a car that was once my sisters a 1964 Chev with a 307 V8 and the first thing I did was get the motor fixed up.
At the time I was still living with my mother in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney and tearing up n down my street in my car nearly ever day of the week.

At the other end of the street was an old guy who had an XY GTHO Phase 3 and he would take it out on Sunday wash it and then put it back in the garage. I am talking about 1977 the year was.

One Sunday Robert who was the old guy up the end of my road came down to where I lived and I was outside washing my car when he said to me " I have watched you with your mates go up and down the road and you think that Chev of yours is pretty fast don't you"? which of course I said " yes".

He told me "to come up to his house in 15 minutes". I got up to his house he backed the GTHO out of the garage and said "get in and do your seat belt up".

At first things went ok he told me the cars still cold but after driving for a while and the engine temperature gauge got to normal he let loose and I can still remember being pushed back into the passenger seat.

The thing was a rocket and the engine roared then he slowed down and drove normally back to our street and put the car back into the garage.
That was the last time I tried to show off how fast my old Chev went down our street.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post