Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #61
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Car Advice - Baby on the way!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by excopau
hope the new jeeps are alot better then the old ones that fell apart and had alot of drive line and electrical faults
So you hope they are why are you going to buy one or did you just want to knock Jeeps like so many others on here do

Anyway to answer you question yes they are much better than the previous versions so much so that you would not even know they are related (GC I am talking about) however all cars have issues just as the Territory has over the years so maybe the Grand Cherokee will also though I have not heard of any major issues with it yet (such as ball joints failing)

I would not have considered a previous GC however am considering the current model
Seduce XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #62
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
That rules everyone's precious Jeep out of the equation then, only 4 star rated by Euro NCAP and the US NHTSA comprehensive test.

Territory FTW.
What a crock!!!
The Territory when released was only 4 star rated by ANCAP.
The only addition to the vehicle to bring it up to a 5 star rating was the addition of a front passenger seatbelt reminder light.

The Jeep also comes with side thorax bags, something the Terri doesn't, as well as a host of other safety related aids that the Terri doesn't.

Don't get me wrong, the Terri is a fantastic family car (i've had 2) and I almost went back for a 3rd one, but there are other altenatives out there.

Yes, I bought a Jeep too..

The Jeep hasn't even been ANCAP tested, so no-one knows what star rating it would have here, but to just blindly dismiss it because it doesn't have a 5 star rating is myopic at best.
Old 28-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #63
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
If its your first dont give into the thought that a SUV or wagon is a must.

edit: So I would be going that new limited edition Ecoboost, a LPi or if your not worried about fuel consumption a XR6T/G6ET.
Exactly.

I got 2 boys one is 3 the other is 5 months and we do fine in the XR6T sedan. Family trips are always comfy and the boot takes all our luggage and the pram easily.
Old 28-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #64
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduce XR6
So you hope they are why are you going to buy one or did you just want to knock Jeeps like so many others on here do

Anyway to answer you question yes they are much better than the previous versions so much so that you would not even know they are related (GC I am talking about) however all cars have issues just as the Territory has over the years so maybe the Grand Cherokee will also though I have not heard of any major issues with it yet (such as ball joints failing)

I would not have considered a previous GC however am considering the current model
Must say the GC was co-developed with Mercedes-benz in regard to their new ML series and you can really see the influence of Mercedes-benz in the GC Overland. Not suggesting it'll have Mercedes-benz quality but if I were in the market for a top spec 4WD GC Overland would be on my review list.
The question for the Op though is do you really need a 4WD ?, wouldn't a RWD petrol Terry like Gaela bought be ideal, under $40,000 on the road and come miles within budget.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #65
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
And what killed the wagon ?.....
My simplistic take .. Changes to the American CAFE (average fuel consumption) and emissions laws in the late seventies ..
Before that Americans would buy 9-seater wagons for the family. The Jeep Wagoneer which is the grand daddy of all SUVs (civilized 4x4) had been available since 1960 but along with the Chev Surburban, International Travelall, etc were largely unloved in typical suburban (pardon the pun) environments and With typical 2.3 children families.
Once changes to to CAFE and emissions laws etc kicked in, "light trucks" fell into a different category to normal cars meaning they could have bigger engines and carry around more "stuff" .. And the big multiple-row station wagons stopped being produced. SUVs based upon full framed trucks with wagon bodies became popular in the USA because they continued to offer the power, luxury and size Americans wanted while they suffered along with "smaller" more underpowered and under equipped cars.
Manufacturers selling in the USA clambered to sell SUVs and eventually even with CAFE exceptions they started to downsized them, removed the 4WD, etc and just left them as the big wagons they basically are. Once their popularity in the USA was established, eventually it was only time before it spread to the rest of the world .. And in the late eighties I can eventually remember starting to see people buying 4WDs (SUVs) as family cars in Australia.
..my O/T two cents (apologies to OP)
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #66
Chopped
as in chopped

Car Manufacturers love SUVs as they make the most profit for them.

Marketing has made the SUV popular, people bought them, other people saw them parked in their neighbours driveways and wanted one too. The SUV has become a status item, it's looks big, so it must be better. People like to follow trends and it is up to the marketers to set the trends. They sell the lifestyle of owing one "driving to the top of big mountains", "going to exotic places" etc etc. When in reality most will never do this, and the SUV will stay city bound.

If the OP is going off-road a lot or plans to tow a heavy load a lot then buy a big SUV 4WD. If you have a big boat and go fishing every weekend then buy one. If not, then a comparable wagon will do the job just as well and be cheaper to buy and run over it's life (saves you money).

The top of the range Mondeo deisel Wagon (with all the fruit) is about 50k.
Spend the other 10k on something else. Sips 6.2L per 100km, cheaper to register and run (WIN).

I'm not anti-SUV (as they can be useful) but just pointing out that you may not need to follow the flock to meet your needs...

I'm sure you will make the right choice for you no matter what you get.
Congratulations on your new arrival, once baby comes, your car will be the least of your worries !
Old 28-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #67
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty4
What a crock!!!
The Territory when released was only 4 star rated by ANCAP.
The only addition to the vehicle to bring it up to a 5 star rating was the addition of a front passenger seatbelt reminder light.

The Jeep also comes with side thorax bags, something the Terri doesn't, as well as a host of other safety related aids that the Terri doesn't.

Don't get me wrong, the Terri is a fantastic family car (i've had 2) and I almost went back for a 3rd one, but there are other altenatives out there.

Yes, I bought a Jeep too..

The Jeep hasn't even been ANCAP tested, so no-one knows what star rating it would have here, but to just blindly dismiss it because it doesn't have a 5 star rating is myopic at best.
Which is why I take the time to read the actual crash test reports from these testers when they crash test new cars, as simply trumpeting a star rating is meaningless. It is important to know where exactly the cars were awarded or docked points in the physical test. Although I will say EuroNCAP seem to write their reports with a general 'negative' overtone (particularly in relation to SUV's) and are more detailed in their assessment than ANCAP reports.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #68
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I 've driven v6 , v8 and crd Jeep GC and seriously considered buying one. IMO opinion CRD is the one to go for - quickest and good fuel economy. Car is stylish and well appointed with nice interior and smallish boot space. Negatives for me were:
Jeep reliabilty record is not the best and foot operated park brake where foot rest is supposed to be (very uncomfortable) , lack of service support compared to major players.
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #69
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I laugh at the way people love to stereotype other's... especially the typical city bound mum in the big SUV/4x4..blah blah.

When in actual fact these people that claim to sterotype other's have no idea what lifestyle other's lead and have, how do they not know that the city bound mum with the big 4x4 actually get's out in the bush with her family on the weekend's and quite enjoy's it, how do they not know that this city bound mum might actually enjoy a few yearly holiday's up to the cape with her family.....or even likes to have just a nice dirty weekend away to escape the hussle and bussle (keep it clean) lol.

Oh how we love to sterotype people that clearly have succeeded in life and buy what they believe suit's their own need's. (and rightly so it's their choice their money, their life).

These people that have been accused of being your typical Toorak tractor could easily accuse "you" of being a typical hoon, as you drive a lowered/V8/Turbo blah blah..

Oh how the tall poppy syndrome is so alive and well around here.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #70
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
I laugh at the way people love to stereotype other's... especially the typical city bound mum in the big SUV/4x4..blah blah.

When in actual fact these people that claim to sterotype other's have no idea what lifestyle other's lead and have, how do they not know that the city bound mum with the big 4x4 actually get's out in the bush with her family on the weekend's and quite enjoy's it, how do they not know that this city bound mum might actually enjoy a few yearly holiday's up to the cape with her family.....or even likes to have just a nice dirty weekend away to escape the hussle and bussle (keep it clean) lol.

Oh how we love to sterotype people that clearly have succeeded in life and buy what they believe suit's their own need's. (and rightly so it's their choice their money, their life).

These people that have been accused of being your typical Toorak tractor could easily accuse "you" of being a typical hoon, as you drive a lowered/V8/Turbo blah blah..

Oh how the tall poppy syndrome is so alive and well around here.
So true, we have a $60K luxury SUV, we live in the city, we drive it every day, and I am happy to cover the fuel, and unlike some believe, it is extremely easy to drive, park and extremely comfortable, great leather trim, heated seats, plenty of power, air bags everywhere, easy to see out of, and easier to drive than my BF Falcon.

And yes it gets taken off road regularly, it has has water come up over the bonnet doing river crossings, it has recently been to Silverton, White Cliffs, Broken Hill, Ivanhoe, Cobar, Nyngan, Condobolin, Parkes, Orange, Dubbo and many other places as well as 4x4 tracks, as well as many camping and hunting and off roading trips

Yet I have still been accused of having a 4x4 in the city

If people are happy to drive their kids around in a Barina that's up to them, but it's not for me and my family.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #71
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Car Manufacturers love SUVs as they make the most profit for them.

Marketing has made the SUV popular, people bought them, other people saw them parked in their neighbours driveways and wanted one too. The SUV has become a status item, it's looks big, so it must be better. People like to follow trends and it is up to the marketers to set the trends. They sell the lifestyle of owing one "driving to the top of big mountains", "going to exotic places" etc etc. When in reality most will never do this, and the SUV will stay city bound.

If the OP is going off-road a lot or plans to tow a heavy load a lot then buy a big SUV 4WD. If you have a big boat and go fishing every weekend then buy one. If not, then a comparable wagon will do the job just as well and be cheaper to buy and run over it's life (saves you money).

The top of the range Mondeo deisel Wagon (with all the fruit) is about 50k.
Spend the other 10k on something else. Sips 6.2L per 100km, cheaper to register and run (WIN).

I'm not anti-SUV (as they can be useful) but just pointing out that you may not need to follow the flock to meet your needs...

I'm sure you will make the right choice for you no matter what you get.
Congratulations on your new arrival, once baby comes, your car will be the least of your worries !
Did you ever concider that some people buy cars they like and not just because others have the same car.
So you claim SUVs are marketed to climb mountians even though most of them never do apparently. Performance cars on ads used to always be cruising on mountain roads and drive flat out across salt flats, even though most of them stay in the city and struggle to get over 50kmh.
Must be stuck in third.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #72
RAPID_BA
Banned

Im told the Jeep has a few warranty issues. Wouldnt want it after warranty expires.

Go the mitsubishi Pajero/outlander, best warranty of the lot.
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #73
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
Im told the Jeep has a few warranty issues. Wouldnt want it after warranty expires.

Go the mitsubishi Pajero/outlander, best warranty of the lot.
It won't have warranty issues after the warranty expires, it'll just have issues.....haha.

But seriously.........show me any new vehicle that doesn't.
Look in the Territory forums about the issues with the ICC..
Old 28-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #74
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
.... if that isn't the most arogant statement ever!!!.
No, this is >

Quote:
I laugh at the way people love to stereotype other's... .........Oh how we love to sterotype people that clearly have succeeded in life .....Oh how the tall poppy syndrome is so alive and well around here.
What has that got to do with the suggestion that the OP MAY not need an SUV ?!!

I think your looking way beyond the simple suggestion of looking at a wagon.
It seems you are insulted that a wagon may do the job of a ill thought out purchase of an SUV. Surely you are not saying that everyone takes them off-road.

If the OP wants another SUV then good for him, it's his dollars and his choice, he was asking for suggestions and I was giving him mine.

BTW I don't see someone in a Jeep (or any 60k car) and think "wow, they have really made it life" !!
(who does that?!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Did you ever concider that some people buy cars they like and not just because others have the same car.
Did you ever consider that I may have a point ?
Old 28-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #75
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Did you ever consider that I may have a point ?
I do concider your point that some people buy a car that is more then they may actually need, but who are we to tell them they should of bought something smaller. It's their choice.
Plus the OP needs may be suited to a 4x4. It's up to him to ultimately.

One of the reasons why I would chose a SUV over a wagon, is many new cars are too low to tye ground. Put anything of weight in the boot or a rear adult passenger or two and it's likely you will scrap out entering and exiting some driveways in the city.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #76
Chopped
as in chopped

^ And I concede that SUVs can be a good choice as well.

A bit left field but what about the new Ford Ranger Wildtrak PX ?
Every possible need covered !

(I've seen a few crew cabs getting arounds with baby seats)
Old 28-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #77
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Id get a Wildtrak over a Titanium any day of the week, manual too.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #78
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Kia Sportage, 4WD, turbo diesel: $40K loaded with everything, safe, economical, a looker, best warranty in Aus, award winner. Can't go wrong really.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #79
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Some good discussion here but I never cease to get frustrated with these things called opinions. OP I'd seriously take all the model suggestions, some good open minded stuff here on the pros and cons of vehicle features. Store in the back of your mind any comments on reliability etc, but go out and make your own mind and dont be led.

Another quick hint, you have a child coming, I have a tribe. Perhaps you should lean over a little lower, put up with a vehicle with a boot, and have fun before YOU too have a tribe and these choices become impossible.

My wife drove a WRX until it be became totally impractical, you're only young once

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #80
Cabbage
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seriously if I thought I could get away with a Wildtrak Ranger I would. It suits our needs perfectly but not popular with the wife.

The reason I am looking at SUV's is two fold. Firstly my back isn't the best and not having to bend over to put stuff in the boot and get in and out of the vehicle is a plus. Secondly an SUV gives you better visibility both from the higher seating position and not being as enclosed as a sedan or wagon. The pillars in the Sportswagon are seriously wide and do inhibit vision. I guess thirdly they generally offer better load carrying capacity. If a wagon or sedan suited my needs I would get one. If I wanted to get a vehicle purely because I thought it was trendy or because someone else had one and I liked it i would get a Range Rover Evoque. I would love to get an xr6t but just not practical for me.

And I have to agree with Sumodog, why they ever put that foot park brake near the foot rest is beyond me, its in the most awkward position possible. I don't think I could buy the Jeep for this one thing, it would annoy the hell out of me. Am I the only one??
Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #81
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage
Seriously if I thought I could get away with a Wildtrak Ranger I would. It suits our needs perfectly but not popular with the wife.

The reason I am looking at SUV's is two fold. Firstly my back isn't the best and not having to bend over to put stuff in the boot and get in and out of the vehicle is a plus. Secondly an SUV gives you better visibility both from the higher seating position and not being as enclosed as a sedan or wagon. The pillars in the Sportswagon are seriously wide and do inhibit vision. I guess thirdly they generally offer better load carrying capacity. If a wagon or sedan suited my needs I would get one. If I wanted to get a vehicle purely because I thought it was trendy or because someone else had one and I liked it i would get a Range Rover Evoque. I would love to get an xr6t but just not practical for me.

And I have to agree with Sumodog, why they ever put that foot park brake near the foot rest is beyond me, its in the most awkward position possible. I don't think I could buy the Jeep for this one thing, it would annoy the hell out of me. Am I the only one??
Agreeing with so many things you have said and keep to those things when you choose. I had my knees & back as a consideration, seats and visibility, room inside and price too. As we have 2 other vehicles, I didn't want to go silly. Will confess, the only other one I loved was the Range Rover Époque but the price knocked it out of the race. By the time you optioned it, it was ridiculous but what a lovely thing it is. Easy to get carried away.

Good luck and choose the one that will do the job and no need to spend your max if you don't have to. Let us know what you end up with.

Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2012, 12:02 AM   #82
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm with the anti 4WD crowd here... You seriously don't need one.

We have a 2 year old and an 8 month old and cart them around in a Mazda 6. Beautiful car, built like a tank and swallows everything we can throw at it.
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #83
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would suggest a Mitsubishi Outlander VRX. HEAPS of kit as standard, great to drive, punchy and economical V6 with 6 speed auto. 5/10 year warranty.
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2012, 01:59 AM   #84
washoutbeach

Hard to believe anyone has suggested that our new parent ( excellent lifestyle option) get into anything other than a Ford.

For the following reasons:-

1. Drives silky smooth for years
2. Safe as houses
3. Can withstand a nuclear weapon
4. Comfortable, insightful interior
5. Designed and constructed by people with passion, commitment and pride.
6. Doesn't have an image crisis, speaks for itself.

Ford drivers announce their presence by their choice of excellence. We are better drivers, we are sophisticated and much better looking than our holden compatriots.
washoutbeach is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #85
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by imugli
I'm with the anti 4WD crowd here... You seriously don't need one.

We have a 2 year old and an 8 month old and cart them around in a Mazda 6. Beautiful car, built like a tank and swallows everything we can throw at it.
How the hell do you know what he does or doesn't need?
Just because your lifestyle only requires a Mazda 6 does not automatically mean everyone's lifestyle requires the same type of vehicle FFS!!

Everybody on here has different wants and needs from a family car.
Old 29-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #86
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty4
How the hell do you know what he does or doesn't need?
Just because your lifestyle only requires a Mazda 6 does not automatically mean everyone's lifestyle requires the same type of vehicle FFS!!

Everybody on here has different wants and needs from a family car.
Exactly, I agree

The OP stated in his original post what sort of vehicle he was after so I offered my choices for that type of vehicle, not second guess him & try to suggest other vehicle types just because they may fit some of his needs.

If he wants a 4WD thats his choice & if he never uses it offroad thats his choice once again.

I know people are trying to be helpful (some of them) however we should let him make his choice & be happy for him even if it is not a choice we would make, though we can voice our opinion but not call people stupid if they want a 4WD such as a GC for example.

I will admit to a pet hate of women driving around in jacked up diesel nissan patrols as the vehicles are hard to handle, dangerous to smaller cars in an accident, blow heaps of black filthy smoke & for some reason around where I live at least the women driving them drive them way too fast & tailgate you.

But that does not mean none of them have a reason for having such a vehicle & thats their choice even if it annoys me
Seduce XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #87
superfly
Go the Hogster!

I've been using a MY99 WRX ever since my first one arrived in 03. My second arrived in 09. The car was pretty small so I finally upgraded it to the XR50. My wife still drives her MY01 WRX and won't give it up.

I didn't go for a SUV as I don't like them. I wanted a sporty sedan with space inside.
Old 29-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #88
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage

<SNIP>
This is where its a shame Ford don't have Wildtraks sitting about you could have her drive, they really are a different experience to your average 'truck'. At least try her in a XLT, it might surprise her

We have Terri as our primary transport, 7 seats and CAVERNOUS when everything is folded down, its almost atrocious what you can stuff in there. But on injected LPG. Wildtrak I went for my ride as it has car like manners, great visibility, bags galore/camera/sensors yadda yadda, a interior that is better than a lot of cars, brilliant seats for a truck, sensational economy for a 2 ton truck, grunty, and can carry crap when required.

She may not want it, but don't let her decide that without experiencing the reality. As with all the other options, enjoy the shop, its not something you do every day

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #89
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

We have no Kids and have a Territory Titanium Diesel as the Family hack... Couldn't buy a better car for the money, everyone who comes for a trip in it talks about how good it is... The GT on the other hand is no where near as user friendly, especially with regards to kids (don't have to bend over to belt them up in the SUV).

Buy a Territory, even if its only a base model TX Diesel you will be happy.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #90
Chopped
as in chopped

On reflection and judging from the different vehicle suggestions over the last 3 pages, I was silly for labelling people as sheep if they buy an SUV just because they want it and may not need it. It was uncalled for and I retract the sheep statement as it was just my opinion(we all have them!) and not based on others reality.

We are all individuals and express that individuality in our own way.

In reality we are spoiled for choice when it comes to choosing a vehicle these days.

"One Man's Dream maybe Another Man's Nightmare" is very true.

(Note to self, never ask for vehicle suggestions on a car enthusiast forum!)