Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #61
The Monty
Just slidin'

Coming home from work today, there was an unmarked car parked next to a telegraph pole on the dirt, uniformed cop inside. 50 M up the road was a van, parked right up behind a trailer. Guess they really are enforcing this rule.
But you do the crime, you pay the fine.
And yes, Im a flasher.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:44 PM   #62
loony888

i'll flash others for a speed camera or laser trap but i won't for RBT. i view it like this, if you make a conscious decision to drink grog, then get behind the wheel you're not only putting yourself at risk but every other member of the public you cross paths with, and being checked for alcohol level is fine, you deliberately and knowingly put yourself in the firing line. speed cameras and laser traps will catch people who make a deliberate decision to speed and damn the consequences, yes, but 95% of the tickets they write are either to someone who has crept over the limit briefly, like at the bottom of a hill or been ambushed by cameras behind sound barriers (warrego hwy for example) or a laser gun behind a pole under a tree.
if they are truly sincere about being a deterrent they should use the camera signage correctly and not throw it in the bushes and they should be wearing their hi-vis vests as per OH&S requirements which time and again they don't. i reckon big bright beach umbrellas would be best to keep their rosy pink skin free from the risk of skin cancer, just a thought.

paul.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #63
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Nearly every area I have been warned at by other flashers I have conscientiously slowed down incase of the area being a repeated target. Most times it hasnt. But that one odd occasion where I wasnt warned in that area and just slowed down out habit, there was a speed camera. This is just a personal example I experienced.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #64
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR_AUII
OK... so they are pinging people for flashing high beams at people as a warning - and doing it through rules regarding the use of high beams at oncoming traffic.

Then the question is: WHAT is this flash function for if it is illegal to use high beam at oncoming traffic....
Only within 200 metres of an oncoming car, or within 200 metres of the car in front.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #65
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AGAIN, I will repeat the fool proof method I have for avoiding speeding fines, even from those police who hide........

I DON'T SPEED, it is a shyte load easier.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:44 PM   #66
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

It's never worked for me.

I've been done doing 80 in a 100 zone, I've been done doing 60 in a 60 zone. That time I even got my speedo checked.

It's your word against the ***'s, and in the case of speeding it's guilty unless you can prove your innocent.
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post