Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #61
Danny
GT4.

Default Re: Your perfect Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
You mean like the stigma attached to a hot hatch? You can escape stupid stereotypes.
Falcon can't seem to let's not beat around the bush. Whereas the hot hatch is fast shaking off the stigma of old, and is selling like hot cakes, and gaining more and more fans from all walks of life and tiers of "masculinity" (I'm a builder).

If people didn't assume falcon was a family car for old people, a cheaply built bogan car or a taxi, then it would be close to perfection, as the cars themselves are almost there. It's just the rep they have whether deserved or not.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #62
jjw
powered by Ford

In terms of something that is prob achievable and I think would sell: G6E spec, v6 diesel (Territory spec or better) and AWD (also see new Fusion for styling inspiration). Might have to wait for the next chassis for this thou.

And while we are on the wishlist, expanding to other points in the range, can I have a fiesta with 2.0 ecoboost, DSG and wide arches as per the rally cars please?
Racer: 72 Welsor-Ford Clubman Sports-1300
jjw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #63
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Falcon can't seem to let's not beat around the bush. Whereas the hot hatch is fast shaking off the stigma of old, and is selling like hot cakes, and gaining more and more fans from all walks of life and tiers of "masculinity" (I'm a builder).

If people didn't assume falcon was a family car for old people, a cheaply built bogan car or a taxi, then it would be close to perfection, as the cars themselves are almost there. It's just the rep they have whether deserved or not.
Perhaps, but ifyour buying a car based on perception alone then thats a sad scenario. I dont thik the falcon suffers from anything different from the commy.

Think your holding on to some old sterotypes yourself, ecoboost is a huge shift from the norm, so much so that even some ford fans cant see through the bs and open their minds.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #64
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Perhaps, but ifyour buying a car based on perception alone then thats a sad scenario. I dont thik the falcon suffers from anything different from the commy.

Think your holding on to some old sterotypes yourself, ecoboost is a huge shift from the norm, so much so that even some ford fans cant see through the bs and open their minds.
It is a sad scenario Polyal. Why on earth are there so many people getting around in 'trendy' Golfs and "trendy" Mazda 3's?

Its looking like most everyone nowadays buys a car based on what's perceived as cool.. It's definitely not a happy story.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #65
RASER
Banned

A Falcon Ute that does 85MPG, on LPG

Oh, and a decent centre seat built for a human
RASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #66
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
It is a sad scenario Polyal. Why on earth are there so many people getting around in 'trendy' Golfs and "trendy" Mazda 3's?

Its looking like most everyone nowadays buys a car based on what's perceived as cool.. It's definitely not a happy story.
Yeah I see your point but its got nothing to do with trendyness IMO, perhaps more to do with small cars being not so small anymore and filled with all the tech people need. This is an area Ford need to plug into the global parts bin and its happening slowly. Ford seems to favour fixing drivelines etc than gimmicks straight up. FPV is also an example of that.

Also people in general are not having large family or are holding off longer and the main kicker is fuel consumption.

The latter is now well addressed by Ford and advertisement is in the way up. Heres hoping anyway. If a falcon uses the same amount of fuel (or lose enough) to a small/mid car and offers more practicality then correct it will all be down to marketing to fix the sales.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 17-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #67
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Further to the above, I recently read an article that stated that sedans in general were on the nose with the greater buying public, especially younger (18-40ish) drivers. The article provided an insight from leading car designers who stated that younger buyers were buying other vehicle types (trendy if you will) over sedans because of a generational issue. Basically younger people not wanting something that the "olds" had. The designers did say this was a cyclic thing and that sedans would again become popular, but in much more stylish and less practicle ways. So its not just the Falcon that has a stigma or old mans car thing happening.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #68
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Perhaps....fact is that once you start having kids etc then hatches mean very little.

And so long as its financially feasible I intend on owning large sedan, so I must be going against the trends.

The thread was intended to be some fun and see what people think could liven up the range, not another nitpicking contest.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 17-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #69
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Here we go:

S/C G8E Wagon Coupe with a bench seat
Old 17-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #70
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Coyote 351 - sundowner pano ...black ...6 speed Manual ...
Old 17-05-2012, 11:50 PM   #71
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
This is an area Ford need to plug into the global parts bin and its happening slowly.
That's the problem... too slowly. Ford are always slow to get with the program (how long did LPI take? how many times were ecoboost and diesel postponed?), and by the time they do, the program's moved on.

Quote:
Also people in general are not having large family or are holding off longer and the main kicker is fuel consumption.
And even if they do have a large family, no Ford wagon. And as good as Terri is, if you want an offroader, Terri isnt going to be top of everyone's list.

Anyway, on-topic... Falcon V8 sportswagon. Sedan is just too impractical, and that V8 is wasted on just the FPVs.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #72
jixel 78

Quote:
Perhaps....fact is that once you start having kids etc then hatches mean very little.

And so long as its financially feasible I intend on owning large sedan, so I must be going against the trends.

The thread was intended to be some fun and see what people think could liven up the range, not another nitpicking contest.
Sedans suck with kids.
jixel 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #73
JOESBOSS

I buy larger sedans because I'm 6'3" and on long trips I don't fit comfortably in anything smaller than an Aurion & up sized vehicles.
JOESBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #74
babyf6
Young Ford Enthusiast

Black gt-e. Perfect sleeper,
Old 18-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #75
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jixel 78
Sedans suck with kids.
How so? Until SUV's came in all we had was sedans and wagons and people typically had larger families back then.

You dont fit that much more in a wagon than a sedan. Three kids is childs play for a sedan. If you have more than three kids a wagon isnt going to help you much, Im not keen on those dickie seats things in the back.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 19-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #76
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AWD 5.0 blown coupe would do me nicely. Without the racoon eyes too please...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #77
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You dont fit that much more in a wagon than a sedan.
In a falcon wagon, you'd probably fit double. But there is no falcon wagon, and so those that want one are currently driving a sportswagon.

And this is the bit I dont get. They invested how much into EcoLPI, effectively a fleets only proposition, where fleet sales = stuff all profit, never once considering that people looked at the BF wagon and thought it was just a reskinned EA and that was why they stayed away. Meanwhile, oh look, I just saw another sportswagon drive by...
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #78
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FG G8E/XR8 Station Wagon (i realise these 4 words will never go together in ANY combination as three of them are irrelevent).

So pretending this is possible:
2010 FG Series I G8E Station Wagon.
Havana in colour with the usual chrome G6E highlights but with standard XR8 headlights and body kit.
Fully optioned G6E leather interior in Shadow
Hollandia 700 Sunroof
Boss 290 with 6 speed Auto
Quad tip exhaust
G6ET 50th Anniversary 19"s
Tastefully lowered

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild
jamesson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #79
Pis-ton broke
Banned

adjustable sports and coutry suspension like on europeean cars (my xr6 hates crap country roads)

a deisel engine with 550+nm

a ute with 4000kg towing capicty.

falcon crewcab with all of the above, that would be a real useful car.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post