Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-12-2009, 02:49 AM   #61
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzer
You can't be serious?? The Aurion has even less torque compared to the VE 6, 336 vs 350, not to mention FWD

I agree the FG is the better car, wouldnt have one otherwise, but I would much rather a VE>Aurion.
Aurion is also 200kg lighter than the commo, hence the better engine response despite the torque.
Old 14-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #62
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You can't be serious?? The Aurion has even less torque compared to the VE 6, 336 vs 350, not to mention FWD

I agree the FG is the better car, wouldnt have one otherwise, but I would much rather a VE>Aurion.
Ever driven / owned both ?
I have and I'd take the Aurion a million times over the VE V6 Commodore for far too many reasons to list here...

And DK - top posts mate, I can totally relate to what you are saying and back you 100% - except that I've only got a BA XR6T and an 09 AT-X...
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #63
kezzer

Ive driven all three, even took the 380 for a spin, much much rather a 3.6l SIDI engine over the 3.5l toyota thing.
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #64
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware

Lets face it guys, for the new breed of car buyers, the VE and FG are just too far away for people. They'd prefer something 'nice' (lol) like a mazda 3 or an x-trail or something utterly appliance-like. FG and VE are too manly or cool or something, i haven't figured it out yet. But they are dealing with the stigma of cars gone by, for some reason this new breed of buyer thinks an FG and XD could be one and the same for all they care. The aurion fixes this: it provides full-size car space with a punchy yet economical V6, yet is still an Australian-made car and for all intents and purposes just as Aussie as a Commodore or a Falcon.
I think what you are describing is years of shoddy Ford quality, lack of customer focus and service and a woeful dealer network catching up on the FG. A good car, that has to deal with the ghosts past and the dealers present.

The Terri will always underachive now in sales, vesus it's true sales volume potential, thanks to the same reputation its earn't for itself.

Very unfortunate for both cars, but beyond the Ford faithful on this forum most people aren't interested in cutting Ford a break - they just want a mode of transport that works reliably. Toyota delivers that for the most part.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 01:37 AM   #65
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
I think what you are describing is years of shoddy Ford quality, lack of customer focus and service and a woeful dealer network catching up on the FG. A good car, that has to deal with the ghosts past and the dealers present.

The Terri will always underachive now in sales, vesus it's true sales volume potential, thanks to the same reputation its earn't for itself.

Very unfortunate for both cars, but beyond the Ford faithful on this forum most people aren't interested in cutting Ford a break - they just want a mode of transport that works reliably. Toyota delivers that for the most part.

Dan

Yet the FG is selling to more private buyers then before and selling models that bring bigger profits. The Aurion even with the badge is going the way of the Avalon, lucky its a worldwide car.
Old 15-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #66
DK30RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Toyota only has themselves to blame for the failure of the Aurion. They already had 2 mid size SUV's and the class leading mid-size car not to mention the abortion job Prius all competing for the same market as the Aurion. They of all the manufacturers should have seen the split from the traditional large car market. That said it probably just a jealous act by Toyota's Australian arm to take a fight to Ford/Holden. The car itself was probably 7/10 of being a success. The engine could rev, but let down by it's FWD config.

I'm not entirely sure that its FWD config is what is letting it down. Consdiering the Aurion's market, most people probably wouldn't even know it was FWD.

Even if it was RWD how many people on this forum would consider an Aurion?
DK30RB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #67
DK30RB

Quote:

The VE has 4% more torque over the Aurion, yet as mentioned above weights 200kg (10% - 12%) more than an Aurion.

Drive both back to back. I have. In my opinion Aurion is smoother and feels like it has more power.
Old 15-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #68
DK30RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8

Dan
Well said. The sole reason for me moving away from ford after the BA, (owned 3 cars since returning) was the poor service from the ford dealers.
Old 15-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #69
kezzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK30RB
The VE has 4% more torque over the Aurion, yet as mentioned above weights 200kg (10% - 12%) more than an Aurion.

Drive both back to back. I have. In my opinion Aurion is smoother and feels like it has more power.
Weight of the VE SIDI 3.6l sedan = 1,720kg

Weight of the 3.5l Aurion sedan = 1590kg

130kg different not 200kg

Ute weighs even less 1690, also the 3.6l SIDI achieves better fuel economy compared to the 3.5l anyway, so what does it matter?

FWD vs RWD is also a no brainer.

Give me a VE over the aurion, or better yet an FG
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 01:19 PM   #70
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:

Ute weighs even less 1690, also the 3.6l SIDI achieves better fuel economy compared to the 3.5l anyway, so what does it matter?
I reckon if you fitted Commodre/Falcon side mirrors to the Aurion you'd get the same fuel ecconomy. Aurion mirrors look like Dumbo ears.
Old 15-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #71
TTXPC

Aurion is not a bad car good features etc, it looses out in the same area that the magna/380 and all the other FWD cars out there
FWD cars are just not quite right, smoking up the front bags just feels wrong, like when you put your jocks on backwards, it sorta works but still feels wrong
Add some power ie the Aurion and it just gets worse quickly IMO...
Old 15-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #72
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Weight of the VE SIDI 3.6l sedan = 1,720kg

Weight of the 3.5l Aurion sedan = 1590kg

130kg different not 200kg

FWD vs RWD is also a no brainer.

Give me a VE over the aurion, or better yet an FG
But you will have less loss through the driveline with the Aurion then the VE. The Aurion is quick in the straight line.
Old 15-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #73
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quite right DanielXR8, you've nailed it in one.

And nice writeup too Russ. The toyota trap is true, i'm being called to return to my origins! It'll start with an aurion and before long i'll think a silver camry is a really nice car.