Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-12-2006, 05:56 PM   #61
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What is this fixation with 0-100k and 0-400m? 99% of driving is just that, driving.

Hooning is for the young, the single or the multi car owner.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2006, 06:24 PM   #62
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimi_Ghia
Don't forget to do your homework in regards to how much it will cost to get these cars insured instead of finding out after you have bought one. Correct me if I am wrong but I think the turbo would be quite expensive to insure depending on how old you are and where you live.
Just to give you an idea, my car for full cover is about $900 a year.
Thanks for that reminder.

I have already got quotes on insurance.

With AAMI xr6 turbo/ 29yo driver/ full comp in my area = $1000per year

With AAMI F-ghia 6cyl/ 29yo driver/ full comp in my area = $660 per year

I can afford both, it just comes down to NEED vs WANT. hehe I know I NEED & WANT thats the problem :

So far with the turbo I have the following pros:
- better resale
- faster car
- better with premium sound/leather/sunroof etc.
- potential to mod is endless
- appeals to the younger person within

So far with the Ghia I have the following pros:
- more luxurious (derrr)
- comfort
- lesser chance of it being flogged hard
- less in insurance
- has all the luxury options standard
- cheaper to buy than the turbo

Can anyone add to the list of pro's at this stage that I have missed out?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2006, 06:28 PM   #63
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAFalconXT
Admission: Wheels december 2006

WRX sedan manual 6.4
WRX STi 5.8
Forester XT manual 6
Forest XT auto 7.6

XR6T auto 6.2
Fairmont Ghia auto 6.8

Now consider he is probably looking for an auto because a Ghia is an option...
Motor ...

WRX - 5.82
STI - 5.43

But thats beside the point (not hard to quote mag times)

On Topic - Hope your ready for the drop in quality that the Ford will bring, and if your not interested in giving it a hoon occassionally just get the Ghia. I also agree the Forester would be worth considering.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #64
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
So far with the turbo I have the following pros:
- better resale
- faster car
- better with premium sound/leather/sunroof etc.
- potential to mod is endless (But you dont want to mod)
- appeals to the younger person within

So far with the Ghia I have the following pros:
- more luxurious (derrr)
- comfort
- lesser chance of it being flogged hard
- less in insurance
- has all the luxury options standard
- cheaper to buy than the turbo

Can anyone add to the list of pro's at this stage that I have missed out?
Get the Ghia :
Old 22-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #65
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

MAGPIE - point taken. Thanks :alien2:

I understand the 'drop' in quality as you mentioned. The subaru's are exceptional in that regard. I am aware that I will be downgrading so to speak. But am prepared to accept it for what it is. The ghias I hope arent any worse than my gen3 liberty. The turbo for that matter I didnt mind although the trim did look 'cheap' in areas in my own opinion.

You are right when you said that Im not looking to mod. So that goes in the ghias favour. Still Im gonna seriously think it over xmas and make a fully informed decision on the matter.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 22-12-2006, 07:00 PM   #66
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Cheers for the reply guys.

This thread is heading down the V8 Ghia path. While Id like to get another V8, the mrs isnt keen.

I know some of you are bagging me for letting my mrs decide what car to buy, but in my relationship I view her opinion just as high and I want it to be a decision that we can mutually agree on.

The turbo is very tempting, and Im leaning more towards that, but at the same time, I dont plan on doing any mods to it what so ever. I mean that this time. :P I dont plan to race it, drive it hard unecesarily or become a hoon. (no offence to anyone here who owns one) So Im weighing up the reasons if it a good move.

The ghia however, with the lower buying price has allowed me to look at getting some aftermarket rims and tint. More of the laid back pimp spec look rather. Grandpa-ish I know, but it wont have the go the 6t has. Will it be better than the subby 2L? Maybe thats a dumb question.
Don't ever explain valuing your wife's opinion. She's your partner in life and life certainly includes purchasing many items, especially said cars! LOL! I just hope she values the fact that you value her opinion.

It's a really tough choice. I love both of those models. The power and hoon factor of the turbo, the luxury, style and poise of the ghia. What we really need is a ghia turbo! LOL!

In the end, I am a practical man first and foremost, so I'd go the ghia I'd reckon. In most of life's driving situations the ghia would do.

Buy the ghia and enjoy it with your family, then dream every now and again of the turbo! LOL!

Either way, your money will be supporting workers here in Australia, and helping our car industry and that is a good thing!

All the very best with your decision. Merry Christmas, God bless you and your loved ones.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2006, 08:03 PM   #67
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Don't ever explain valuing your wife's opinion. She's your partner in life and life certainly includes purchasing many items, especially said cars! LOL! I just hope she values the fact that you value her opinion.

It's a really tough choice. I love both of those models. The power and hoon factor of the turbo, the luxury, style and poise of the ghia. What we really need is a ghia turbo! LOL!

In the end, I am a practical man first and foremost, so I'd go the ghia I'd reckon. In most of life's driving situations the ghia would do.

Buy the ghia and enjoy it with your family, then dream every now and again of the turbo! LOL!

Either way, your money will be supporting workers here in Australia, and helping our car industry and that is a good thing!

All the very best with your decision. Merry Christmas, God bless you and your loved ones.

GK
Point taken, and lesson learnt re: wife.

Supporting aussie workers I am for. But that in itself is a side advantage to the real reason Im buying a ford again.

I suppose the other aspect is regretting NOT getting the turbo if I did choose the ghia. and wondering 'what if' all the time. Thats a painful prospect.

Call me the biggest procrastinator but I guess I want to make a GOOD choice based on my circumstances.

Thanks again for your good will.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 22-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #68
Sledgehammer
Banned

Both cars are nice, depends if you want performance or not I guess, and its obviously funds dependant as well, id get the Ghia on the above. Can you strech to an FPV?
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2006, 08:25 PM   #69
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
What we really need is a ghia turbo! LOL!
I was think the same thing. Now these would be a hot item.

I think you need to take the wife & test drive all the different models & who knows it might help make that choices esayer.

Either way you go & you will be getting a nice looking car that is great to drive.

All the best in making your choices.
Old 22-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #70
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Standard WRX do 7+ seconds, STi <6 seconds...
That would mean an N/A XR6 would keep up with them and I can tell you they are no where close. : XR6 Turbo is another story.

They are between 5.7-6.1 depending where you read.

And the Forrester turbos are fairly quick too in a traffic light grand prix.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2006, 08:59 PM   #71
BlackBa

STi equals zippety. BFxrt with the 6 speed auto hoses them.
BlackBa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #72
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Having worked on quite a few of these cars over the last 18 months or so i have to say it don't matter which one you choose they are both tough in there own right.

Don't worry about fuel economy they are all pretty much the same and V8's are NOT petrol guzzlers it's the drivers right foot that makes the difference.

For me it's a V8, i just love the sound, if i wasn't fussy about sound quality then the turbo no problems with an auto.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #73
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Cheers again with the great feedback.

Sledge - funds wont strech to an FPV sadly or I would look at a phoon without hesitation.

AUIII XR8 MAN - I have often thought a turbo f/ghia would be more popular than a standard turbo. But unless I spend more money building a one off myself, it aint gonna happen. COME ON FORD, ARE YOU LISTENING???

MITCHAY - I reckon I'll be happy with the xr6t performance. It would be rare, if dragged a rex off the lights if not never. You just dont know how modded rexs are these days. Happy to have a squirt and feel the boost, thats all I'll be happy with.

BlackBa - Im impressed if a 6 speed can clean up a STi.

Craig@ACE - Thats awesome to hear such claims from a reputable company. It does give me some peice of mind knowing that these cars are built tough.
Fuel economoy Im not THAT worried about. I have been averaging mid 10's per 100km in my NA subby since I dont know when so if it goes up to 12L I would expect that, and worse if the right foot is applied.

I feel you with the V8 sound, its addictive, but of late, so has the sound of the snail and the feeling of boost. So I dont think I'll be losing out too much.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 23-12-2006, 12:24 PM   #74
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Compared to

I certainly think you would enjoy the Turbo more, the Fairmont is way to bland unless you wanna spend dollars, which i doubt you will.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2006, 12:31 PM   #75
BAFalconXT
Sold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
That would mean an N/A XR6 would keep up with them and I can tell you they are no where close. : XR6 Turbo is another story.
Will drag a WRX anyday. I dought the skill of the average jap cr@p driver will acheive below 6.5-7 seconds to 100. Never had a WRX beat me, even in my old 5L commonhores.
As for quality, Suburu is hardly setting any benchmarks. The quality of a Ford is probably better...
Have you checked the insurance premium for the V8 Ghia? I think it wouldnt be that much for than the six.
Old 23-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #76
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Will drag a WRX anyday. I dought the skill of the average jap cr@p driver will acheive below 6.5-7 seconds to 100. Never had a WRX beat me, even in my old 5L commonhores.
As for quality, Suburu is hardly setting any benchmarks. The quality of a Ford is probably better...
Have you checked the insurance premium for the V8 Ghia? I think it wouldnt be that much for than the six.
A WRX (lets say we are talking 06 model 5speed manual with a good driver - stock (not great) should just pip the ton b4 6 seconds - conditions to suit.)
As for quality & re-sale value Subaru is premium in both areas no doubt. Im not saying Ford is bad in anyway but compared to a Subaru its not as good IMO.

To compare a stock Falcon I6 NA performance which is pretty darn good for its size & weight V a WRX as above "get real" as Dr Phil would say.

:lookedat:

:

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2006, 01:05 PM   #77
WizBang
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I say go the Ghia ,buts thats me .You are a VERY lucky person and which exery way you go I hope you have fun with it
WizBang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2006, 02:04 PM   #78
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
I certainly think you would enjoy the Turbo more, the Fairmont is way to bland unless you wanna spend dollars, which i doubt you will.
You are definitely right. The XR does look hot.

I was speaking to a good mate of mine who is a car wholesaler. He is looking for a car for me when Im ready. He said, "if you were 40, I would be happy to find be a nice Ghia for you, but because your not 40 yet, Im not bothering, your only turning 30 next year and you are still young in my eyes, so why go for something your not ready to settle for" or words to that effect. I found that an amusing comment. No offence to other younger people with ghias here, but he did make a point which i sort of agreed with.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 23-12-2006, 02:05 PM   #79
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizBang
I say go the Ghia ,buts thats me .You are a VERY lucky person and which exery way you go I hope you have fun with it
Thanks very much. What ever decision I make, I need to remember not to look back. That will be the hard part.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 23-12-2006, 08:27 PM   #80
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If anyone is getting anything higher than a 6.5 (even that's pushing it IMO) in a WRX perhaps they shouldn't have bought one.

I've NEVER dumped the clutch in my car and haven't had any trouble in getting mine to 100 in high 5s - low 6s. I am the AVERAGE driver too!

I'm quite sure there are many modded N/A 6s that could match a WRX but they are MODDED not stock.

As for a BF XR6T 6sp auto "hosing" a STi 6sp DCCD manual. I've never seen it done. Maybe not far off the 8 ball but would definately not "hose" it as far as I'm concerned.

I have been smashed by a M3, an EVO and a classic STi. There is a different between smashed and beaten.

Back on topic

blueoval, all comments aside I wish you the very best in what you purchase.

I still reckon an XR6T would be good. They are quick and if you do decide to mod, it is easily done.
Old 23-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #81
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Yes but how many turbos have the luxury pack? 2/3 of FA. Not really a fair comparison of pics to post if you are trying to show "typical" examples of each car!
Old 23-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #82
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
Yes but how many turbos have the luxury pack? 2/3 of FA. Not really a fair comparison of pics to post if you are trying to show "typical" examples of each car!
As i said, id be looking for a XR6 T with the luxury pack or atleast premium sound and leather.

Theres a few around.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 08:25 AM   #83
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Your living in a dream world, but if you keep saying it one day you might actually believe it :hihi:

Got any facts to back up your claims on quality.... I have, in a recent Quality/Reliability Survey in NZ Ford came last first place went to Subaru. Subaru also came first in a recent German survey.
Old 24-12-2006, 10:18 AM   #84
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

I love the comparison between a 4/5 year old MkI Ghia and a brand new BF/BFII XR6.. Ghia looks dam nice concidering its nearly 1/3rd of the price of the XR6.

MKII or greater Ghia get the FPV steering wheel for starters which lifts the cabin and makes it more enjoyable to drive than plastic on the XR6 or standard leather on the MKI Ghia.

Ghia is all about stublty. XR6.. In a few years BA XR6 kits will be turning up on every 2nd hand falcon with P plates. Spoilers are so 1980's-early 1990's.

Look at the BFII Ghia. Its completely horn. All the Ghia needed was skirts and a touch more chrome. I personally think the BF Ghia is the best looking of all Fords cars. Classy, sporty enough, clean, unfussy.

The XR6 Turbo really isn't mind blowingly fast. There are plenty of cars faster than it (namely almost any Holden of simular era with a V8, lots of turbo jap, lots of luxury german, lots of sporty german, American 300C's etc). Handling wise its more of a cruiser than a sports car.

Ghia has the same suspension as a XR6 + 10mm. Which is a better compromise because sporty fords notoriously bottom out.

The V8 Ghia loses to the turbo on a standarding start but does start to catch it over distance.
Iphido is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #85
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I've NEVER dumped the clutch in my car and haven't had any trouble in getting mine to 100 in high 5s - low 6s. I am the AVERAGE driver too!
I do doubt that, the rex is only 200kw afterall, and i'll be buggered if u can slip the clutch at idle and make it to 100 in that little amount of time. Betcha an auto wouldn't make that time even when stalling it up.

For comparison sake i was in my torqueless and heavy BMW 525i and was next to a rex in the same situation - let the clutch out at idle then floor it, there was no difference between us until her turbo kicked in.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #86
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo
I do doubt that, the rex is only 200kw afterall, and i'll be buggered if u can slip the clutch at idle and make it to 100 in that little amount of time. Betcha an auto wouldn't make that time even when stalling it up.

For comparison sake i was in my torqueless and heavy BMW 525i and was next to a rex in the same situation - let the clutch out at idle then floor it, there was no difference between us until her turbo kicked in.
Not even 200kw, 168kw at the fly. Dump is bad, slip is the way I do it and many others aswell.
Old 24-12-2006, 01:52 PM   #87
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
As i said, id be looking for a XR6 T with the luxury pack or atleast premium sound and leather.

Theres a few around.
Yes there are a few around on carsales and the like. But not many.

Essentially I'll be at least looking for one with premium sound as a minimum if I decide to go down that path.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 24-12-2006, 02:22 PM   #88
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not even 200kw, 168kw at the fly. Dump is bad, slip is the way I do it and many others aswell.
Mate. If you're gettin high 5's from your Rex by only slipping the clutch (don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at you) your doing better than any human being I know.
My experiences with Rex's are, unless you rev the ringer out of them and dump the clutch off the line, they take forever to move.

Two cases in point:

Case 1) A mate of mine had an MY99 and I told him to come to a complete stop. So he did. I then told him to "give it to her. Take off as fast as you can". He slipped the clutch and the thing just bogged down and wouldn't move until it had 3,500 showing. A V6 Commo would have done him like a dinner. ****, even the missus Focus probably would have given him a touch up.

Case 2) I had a little "tussle" with a Rexy a couple of months ago. Two sets of lights, so yes, he was having a go. First set he took off when they were still red........ second set we lined up, lights went green and as I took off, I glanced over quickly to see where he was at and all I could see was the nose of his Rex taking a massive dive. Needless to say I got in front and held the lead until the 80 kay posted limit (at which point I backed off). True, my car is modded, but I have no idea what (if anything) was done to his either.

This isn't a Rex ***** 'n' bag, just suggesting that Subbie haven't quite got it right yet. Have yet to drive a 2.5 though...

As for XR6T vs Ghia. XR6T all the way!
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #89
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some of you people really do live on planet Zorg.

Blueoval is looking at buying a BA. Not BF or BF2.
There are no BA XR6Ts with luxury pack, none, nada, zip they were never made.
There are very few BA XR6Ts with leather almost ALL of them are coloured material seats.
Almost all of them are out of warranty.

The choice IS do you want:
a) a basic car that has the ability to go very fast if you wish to mod it.
b) a top of the range luxury car that goes adequately fast and is very comfortable.

You will probably be able to find a 6T that hasn't been thrashed. (good luck).
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 02:46 PM   #90
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Some of you people really do live on planet Zorg.

Blueoval is looking at buying a BA. Not BF or BF2.
There are no BA XR6Ts with luxury pack, none, nada, zip they were never made.
There are very few BA XR6Ts with leather almost ALL of them are coloured material seats.
Almost all of them are out of warranty.

The choice IS do you want:
a) a basic car that has the ability to go very fast if you wish to mod it.
b) a top of the range luxury car that goes adequately fast and is very comfortable.

You will probably be able to find a 6T that hasn't been thrashed. (good luck).
You could get your hands on a BA XR6T with the luxury pack. Motor mag offered one as a prize a couple of years back.

This may have just been a Motor spesh though???......
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post