Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-12-2005, 03:04 PM   #61
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Any updates on the problem Boss-290?
Old 20-12-2005, 03:41 PM   #62
gozza

i got my bumpers and side molds resprayed not too long ago
I went to pick up the beast and i was amazed how good it looked....then i noticed a ding under the rear right hand brakelight the size of a childs fist...i went berko cos he tried to tell me it was there when i came in...then proceeding to say he should have check more thourough in the first place
but the point is i talked it out with the guy and it was fixed the same day next week
id still reccomend people to go there cos accidents do happen
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 04:00 PM   #63
aualright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedjay
i had a simalar problem with a work shop once.
i had a brand new hiace van that they were keeping over
night and they put it up on the hoist to fit another car under it.
they damaged the roof when it toped out on there workshop ceiling(spelling).

they hoped we wouldt notice it but we did and it cost them $2300 to fix

we had hassles fighting them for it though but we did win in the end.

ring youre insurance comany and let them deal with it.
Exactly - Insurance companies have alot more power in negotiating with these type of companies. you pay insurance so let them chase the money.
aualright is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 08:18 PM   #64
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright
Exactly - Insurance companies have alot more power in negotiating with these type of companies. you pay insurance so let them chase the money.
Or, last time I had a problem, I went straight to the dept of Fair Trading (NSW) and let them sort it out. Mediation was tried, the retailer wouldn't come to the party and a magistrate (of sorts) looked at the details, photo's etc and awarded compensation in my favour. Like I said, mediation was tried first, if the 'site sponsor' wont accept responsibility or at least discuss it you have other options apart from attempted 'shaming' on the internet. Trust me, if I wasnt in the right I wouldnt have won at the hearing.
Old 20-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #65
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Guys, re read the thread.. it has been resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
This thread was removed at the request of Boss_290 however I have advised him that it should not be and thus I have restored it - I gather from the PM I received that he has achieved some satisfaction in this matter but if it is good enough to state the issue publicly then it is also good enough to state the resolution publicly.

Regards
Russ

Now, suddenly, what I said ALL THE WAY back in post 15 has happened.. arnt we all glad the place in questions name wasnt dragged through the mud and done damage over something that was sorted out within 24 hours or so to everyones satisfaction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
You said it yourself up there.
Now, for the record, what happens if the paint is damaged, BOSS_290 tells the sponser who then pays for the damage and makes ammends to BOSS_290's complete satisfaction? All walk away happy... except the sponser has been publically nailed for a mistake that they have accepted and paid for? Is this fair?

I understand BOSS_290 is not happy however time must be given for all the issues to be sorted out or at least attempted to be sorted out. If, at that point, he is still unhappy then something further may come of it.. but not now and not in a public thread.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post